Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Masking a shocking performance 16:59 - Aug 27 with 4321 viewsoddjob007

Anyone else think that is unfair?

Calum Camps hang your head in shame. 2 stupid cards, looking like your going to nut the ref and then telling the 4th official to F off.

Formation? Speechless.

Tactics? Did we have any? Headless chickens mostly.

Going to be a long season.

Positives?
Allens shot.
Pitch looks alright.
NML tries

Hilly had a right go at someone in the stand before the goal and then something kicked off at the final whistle - will be interesting to hear his post match interview because that was appalling for 93 mins.
Masking a shocking performance on 17:06 - Aug 27 with 3498 views1mark1

If Camps has done that, he should have been given a straight red.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Masking a shocking performance on 17:06 - Aug 27 with 3506 viewsDaleFan7

That Allen goal shouldnt mask the fact that their keeper made 1 save all game and it was absolutely awful.

As long as we're playing people out of position and arent brining people in to change it, thats me done for a while. The club did me a favour with their season ticket debacle.
Masking a shocking performance on 17:09 - Aug 27 with 3461 viewsmidlandsdale

Hilly's Head post from yesterday seems close to reality despite some suggesting otherwise!
Masking a shocking performance on 17:14 - Aug 27 with 3400 viewsrichfoad32

Hardly unfair. Not great but Wimbledon bought it on themselves with the time wasting. Last week it was our turn to get caught by the sucker punch, it's swings and roundabouts. Agree that it's looking like a long season though.
Masking a shocking performance on 17:32 - Aug 27 with 3273 viewsD_Alien

We gave ourselves an opportunity to draw this game, and succeeded in taking that opportunity.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Masking a shocking performance on 17:43 - Aug 27 with 3161 viewsShun

Wimbledon were the better side and will count themselves unlucky but I don't think they made it out of their own half in the second half. And I really have disdain for time-wasting, so I wouldn't say the result was unfair on either side.

Can Jamie Allen stick to corners from now on please? Every corner in the second half was so much better than any we've delivered for as long as I can remember.
NML played well today, as did Andrew. Odelusi wasn't as terrible as usual.

A fair number of fans from Wimbledon too.
Masking a shocking performance on 17:45 - Aug 27 with 3142 viewsDaleFan7

Masking a shocking performance on 17:32 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

We gave ourselves an opportunity to draw this game, and succeeded in taking that opportunity.

Drawin against Wimbledon at home is dire. If we cant play well against them or even look remotely like beating them then its going to be a very long and arduous season. Its not even September yet and the feeling around the ground and on here isnt good.
Masking a shocking performance on 17:49 - Aug 27 with 3095 viewsNinco

The sending off was silly as you don't foul 30 seconds after you have been booked, but I don't like this new rule as the players are being penalused for the referees incompetence. It's only natural to vent your anger.
Login to get fewer ads

Masking a shocking performance on 18:07 - Aug 27 with 2992 viewsDaleFan7

Masking a shocking performance on 17:49 - Aug 27 by Ninco

The sending off was silly as you don't foul 30 seconds after you have been booked, but I don't like this new rule as the players are being penalused for the referees incompetence. It's only natural to vent your anger.

Why is it? I dont go to work and disagree with someone and tell them to f*ck off? Just get on with it, the referee makes a decision rightly or wrongly, just move on.
Masking a shocking performance on 18:09 - Aug 27 with 2968 viewsolympicdale

Masking a shocking performance on 17:43 - Aug 27 by Shun

Wimbledon were the better side and will count themselves unlucky but I don't think they made it out of their own half in the second half. And I really have disdain for time-wasting, so I wouldn't say the result was unfair on either side.

Can Jamie Allen stick to corners from now on please? Every corner in the second half was so much better than any we've delivered for as long as I can remember.
NML played well today, as did Andrew. Odelusi wasn't as terrible as usual.

A fair number of fans from Wimbledon too.

Every one does this time wasting malarkey, I've no qualms over it. I sometimes think that McDermott has a bet to see how hard he can hit each corner, needs to take his time more often, almost always hits the near post or flies out of play. NML played well, he was the only one that looked arsed, but he can't do it alone.

Life is a game of fate.

Masking a shocking performance on 18:10 - Aug 27 with 2933 views442Dale

Masking a shocking performance on 18:07 - Aug 27 by DaleFan7

Why is it? I dont go to work and disagree with someone and tell them to f*ck off? Just get on with it, the referee makes a decision rightly or wrongly, just move on.

Exactly. The incompetence lay with Camps for being unable to control himself. Twice.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Masking a shocking performance on 18:17 - Aug 27 with 2892 viewssandy_dale

As wonderful has Hill has been for this club and I expect his die hard fans to pipe up, this has got to be his worst time as a Rochdale manager. Our team is a shambles from top to bottom. Our defence is shameful, Canavan who was half decent last season is just a professional donkey, McGahey just seems to be filling a position, McNulty is STEALING a living by doing absolutely Jack all, our midfield is non existent and we have made no attempt at all to make decent signings. Joe Thompson and samni odelusi are two players who have been scraped from a very empty barrel. Cannon who was absolutely outstanding in our first few games is being wasted at RB, down to our lack of defensive cover and Henderson seems to just enjoy getting a bit of a run around whilst being paid fairly decent money. The tactics are naff and the formations and positions that are being played are absolutely baffling to any footballing person.

And on another note, his attitude towards supporters is absolutely appalling. The prices they expect fans to pay to watch that absolute shambles and he doesn't like when fans have a negative opinion which quite rightly against one of the weaker sides in this league and we play like that is just shocking.

All IMO of course. But I'm definitely not far of the mark.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 18:22]
Masking a shocking performance on 18:37 - Aug 27 with 2796 viewsTVOS1907

Masking a shocking performance on 17:49 - Aug 27 by Ninco

What incompetence?

Camps protested too much about an appeal for a penalty that was never a penalty and was therefore booked.

Players have been told what to expect if they do this. If less managers stuck up for them (see Lund on Tuesday), players would soon learn to control themselves better.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Masking a shocking performance on 18:45 - Aug 27 with 2741 viewsD_Alien

Masking a shocking performance on 18:37 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

What incompetence?

Camps protested too much about an appeal for a penalty that was never a penalty and was therefore booked.

Players have been told what to expect if they do this. If less managers stuck up for them (see Lund on Tuesday), players would soon learn to control themselves better.

The referee had a good game. He allowed play to flow when others might easily have blown for niggling fouls, and he was right to insist on free kicks being taken from the right place and once he was ready for the game to resume.

The time added on - which we benefitted from - was in no small measure due to his constantly pointing to his watch when AFCW were time wasting.

I don't recall him getting a single decision wrong.

Masking a shocking performance on 18:48 - Aug 27 with 2701 viewsKenBoon

Masking a shocking performance on 18:17 - Aug 27 by sandy_dale

As wonderful has Hill has been for this club and I expect his die hard fans to pipe up, this has got to be his worst time as a Rochdale manager. Our team is a shambles from top to bottom. Our defence is shameful, Canavan who was half decent last season is just a professional donkey, McGahey just seems to be filling a position, McNulty is STEALING a living by doing absolutely Jack all, our midfield is non existent and we have made no attempt at all to make decent signings. Joe Thompson and samni odelusi are two players who have been scraped from a very empty barrel. Cannon who was absolutely outstanding in our first few games is being wasted at RB, down to our lack of defensive cover and Henderson seems to just enjoy getting a bit of a run around whilst being paid fairly decent money. The tactics are naff and the formations and positions that are being played are absolutely baffling to any footballing person.

And on another note, his attitude towards supporters is absolutely appalling. The prices they expect fans to pay to watch that absolute shambles and he doesn't like when fans have a negative opinion which quite rightly against one of the weaker sides in this league and we play like that is just shocking.

All IMO of course. But I'm definitely not far of the mark.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 18:22]

AND today was supposed to be sunny but it clouded over and even rained a little.

It isn't that bad. I mean were were shite today, but some things in life are bad... etc etc.
Masking a shocking performance on 18:50 - Aug 27 with 2674 viewsDaleFan7

Masking a shocking performance on 18:48 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

AND today was supposed to be sunny but it clouded over and even rained a little.

It isn't that bad. I mean were were shite today, but some things in life are bad... etc etc.

Lets pay our money, play any team with any formation with any level of performance and just accept it then, we are little old Rochdale after all.
Masking a shocking performance on 19:21 - Aug 27 with 2565 viewsdalenumber2

Masking a shocking performance on 18:48 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

Some things in life are bad - yes so you would naturally avoid them. I'm worried that too many people will be avoiding watching Dale if this continues. However, ever the optimist, I'm telling myself that this might be our 'bad spell' of the season and things will look up pretty soon.
Masking a shocking performance on 19:27 - Aug 27 with 2517 viewsNinco

Masking a shocking performance on 18:07 - Aug 27 by DaleFan7

Does your job involve heat of the moment decisions like sport does, or do you have time to think through the pros and cons before saying anything?
Masking a shocking performance on 19:30 - Aug 27 with 2490 viewsNinco

Masking a shocking performance on 18:45 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

The referee had a good game. He allowed play to flow when others might easily have blown for niggling fouls, and he was right to insist on free kicks being taken from the right place and once he was ready for the game to resume.

The time added on - which we benefitted from - was in no small measure due to his constantly pointing to his watch when AFCW were time wasting.

I was referring to referees in general. Not just this one.
Masking a shocking performance on 20:02 - Aug 27 with 2401 views49thseason

Masking a shocking performance on 18:37 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

What incompetence?

Looked like a certain handball from where I was stood, the linesman was useless all afternoon and whilst Camps needs to be more dispassionate I thought the booking was harsh given the circumstances. No qualms about the second booking but for me, it was a clear penalty - their player used both hands in front of his chest - should have been an easy spot for the Lino who I thought bottled it.
Masking a shocking performance on 23:06 - Aug 27 with 2122 viewsAtThePeake

Masking a shocking performance on 18:45 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

Only decision I thought he got slightly wrong was when he gave us advantage in the first half and didn't go back to book the player. Other than that I thought he was good. That said, I would prefer referees to book players for time-wasting. Book one player for it and the rest don't do it and then he doesn't have to add six minutes on at the end.

Tangled up in blue.

Masking a shocking performance on 00:17 - Aug 28 with 2040 viewsTVOS1907

Masking a shocking performance on 19:30 - Aug 27 by Ninco

I was referring to referees in general. Not just this one.

It's still no excuse.

Did the referee scream at Andy Cannon after he blazed that shot over the bar at the end of the first half?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Masking a shocking performance on 00:23 - Aug 28 with 2016 viewsD_Alien

Masking a shocking performance on 00:17 - Aug 28 by TVOS1907

It's still no excuse.

Did the referee scream at Andy Cannon after he blazed that shot over the bar at the end of the first half?

He might've done, but I drowned him out!

Masking a shocking performance on 09:18 - Aug 28 with 1820 viewsDaleofthedead

This was the first match i've made it to this season. It was so noticeable how little confidence there was amongst the team. Passing was shocking, communication wasn't great and there didn't seem to be any leaders out there. Certain players heads dropped after we conceded and they weren't able to lift them back up. Donal being the most obvious example. I think Hilly's biggest issue isn't in the quality he has, as the starting 11 hasn't changed that much since last year, nor is it his tactics. It is all about confidence. We need to do our bit by getting behind him and the team.
Masking a shocking performance on 09:59 - Aug 28 with 1761 viewsD_Alien

Masking a shocking performance on 09:18 - Aug 28 by Daleofthedead

This was the first match i've made it to this season. It was so noticeable how little confidence there was amongst the team. Passing was shocking, communication wasn't great and there didn't seem to be any leaders out there. Certain players heads dropped after we conceded and they weren't able to lift them back up. Donal being the most obvious example. I think Hilly's biggest issue isn't in the quality he has, as the starting 11 hasn't changed that much since last year, nor is it his tactics. It is all about confidence. We need to do our bit by getting behind him and the team.

Doesn't that beg the question, though? Why the lack of confidence? It's certainly not down to the fans, who are no different than we've ever been and start every match just willing the lads on.

The alternative is that it's being knocked out of them by an overcomplicated (for L1) system that they don't really buy into, at the expense of freedom of expression and their natural instincts. You might call it the Fear Approach. The classic example is Donal McDermott. The rest of the team must be sick of being harangued on the pitch by their captain, with the volume turned up when he's having least impact on the game. So that's for starters.

My concern is that yesterday's freak equaliser will indeed serve to paper over the cracks, with Hill's reaction leaving him feeling even less inclined to think through what's happening with his players. His apology was perfectly acceptable - no problems there, and i for one didn't knock him for his human reaction in the first place, but I do fear it'll hinder him from taking proper account of why confidence is so low.

Edit: just read DaleiLama's post on t' other thread - yep, that's what needs to happen, just hope yesterday doesn't create a bunker mentality within the club.

[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 10:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024