Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disgrace 17:31 - Aug 27 with 43610 viewsKnowlesy

Hill's reaction to the fans after our equaliser today is the final straw for me. Dunno if it's still at the point where I'll get slagged off for this but an own goal / straight from the corner / whatever it was does not justify 90 minutes of absolute sludge nor does it make me feel any better about the season ahead. We needed to win today to bring the fans back onside and I've always defended Hill because of what he's done for the club, don't get me wrong we have come a long, long way under his management but for me he can go after his reaction to the fans today.

Turning round and giving it both barrels to the crowd after we've scored because they had a go after sending Logan back into his goal is unacceptable, he had no other thought in his mind after that goal other than getting one over on those paying fans. The first time in my life that I've actually been angrier after we've scored a goal and if a manager can do that then it's not a good show. Looking very grim after that performance.
Disgrace on 18:34 - Aug 27 with 3818 views442Dale

Disgrace on 18:31 - Aug 27 by Clivert

That Steve Eyre chap on radio Manc comes across as a likeable knowledgable man, perhaps someone like him would be a better man to manage our football club?

FFS, I don't think Guardiola or Mourinho could do a better job for us than what Keith Hill has done.

Neither do I.

Though at the moment, Hill is going through a tough period partly as a result of poor recruitment and selections.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Disgrace on 18:36 - Aug 27 with 3802 viewsBrierls

Disgrace on 18:15 - Aug 27 by TalkingSutty

You love BBM as well....don't forget Bazzer😄

Fantastic specimen.

Would you have him at left back ahead of McNulty? Let's see if you heart rules your head.
Disgrace on 18:42 - Aug 27 with 3747 viewsClivert

Disgrace on 18:34 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

Neither do I.

Though at the moment, Hill is going through a tough period partly as a result of poor recruitment and selections.

We went through all this just before last Christmas and came through it, the season before we had a poor start and came through that too.
Disgrace on 18:44 - Aug 27 with 3700 views442Dale

Disgrace on 18:42 - Aug 27 by Clivert

We went through all this just before last Christmas and came through it, the season before we had a poor start and came through that too.

I'm with you to some extent, I almost expect that to happen again. It's just this time we have problems that have existed for a while that have yet to be addressed.

Signing two defenders would illustrate we can do it again.

Disgrace on 18:54 - Aug 27 with 3643 viewsClivert

Disgrace on 18:44 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

I'm with you to some extent, I almost expect that to happen again. It's just this time we have problems that have existed for a while that have yet to be addressed.

Signing two defenders would illustrate we can do it again.

One who can just head corners and crosses away would do me.

Luck has been against us far this season and perhaps with that late goal today the tide has turned?

I back Hill to get it right once more again.
Disgrace on 18:57 - Aug 27 with 3599 views442Dale

Disgrace on 18:54 - Aug 27 by Clivert

One who can just head corners and crosses away would do me.

Luck has been against us far this season and perhaps with that late goal today the tide has turned?

I back Hill to get it right once more again.

It was remarked as soon as that goal went in it could be a turning point.

Disgrace on 18:57 - Aug 27 with 3605 viewsKenBoon

Whoever tweeted this is a legend
Disgrace on 19:01 - Aug 27 with 3559 views442Dale

Disgrace on 18:57 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

Why? What does it mean?

Login to get fewer ads

Disgrace on 19:02 - Aug 27 with 3568 viewsKnowlesy

Disgrace on 18:32 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

I am pretty sure the fans don't pay Hill's wages. I'm sure the transfer fees pay most of it. If the fans are paying the wages then we'll be employing Carlton Palmer soon because Spotland was quiet this afternoon.

Whilst I understand your point, everything comes back round to the fans. We would never be in a position to sign players that could be moved on for high fees if we only drew in 500 or so fans a week. Nor would the sponsors be keen to put money into the club as who would sponsor a club with no fans? there would be only a fraction of club shop sales, less money raised through 'easyfundraising', the trust would not have been able to raise the money to buy those pitch covers all those years ago which could have led to postponements and other cash flow problems... the list goes on, the point is that fans contribute a lot more than the attendance figure alone.

Phone playing up edit
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 19:05]
Disgrace on 19:13 - Aug 27 with 3489 viewsKenBoon

Disgrace on 19:02 - Aug 27 by Knowlesy

Whilst I understand your point, everything comes back round to the fans. We would never be in a position to sign players that could be moved on for high fees if we only drew in 500 or so fans a week. Nor would the sponsors be keen to put money into the club as who would sponsor a club with no fans? there would be only a fraction of club shop sales, less money raised through 'easyfundraising', the trust would not have been able to raise the money to buy those pitch covers all those years ago which could have led to postponements and other cash flow problems... the list goes on, the point is that fans contribute a lot more than the attendance figure alone.

Phone playing up edit
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 19:05]

I agree, but sadly I don't think fans are as significant part of the plan as they should be. That's not down to the First Team manager though. If he offends a few then that 'aint good, but its cross words. For me the problem is more around getting fans in the ground. It finally feels like you're a client now. Nothing is easy, everything has a price. It's a dump too.
Disgrace on 19:17 - Aug 27 with 3459 viewsDaleFan7

Disgrace on 19:13 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

I agree, but sadly I don't think fans are as significant part of the plan as they should be. That's not down to the First Team manager though. If he offends a few then that 'aint good, but its cross words. For me the problem is more around getting fans in the ground. It finally feels like you're a client now. Nothing is easy, everything has a price. It's a dump too.

Its one thing getting fans in the ground but if youre going to offend and disrespect the fans that are already there then its going to be a major problem. Hill and the board might be frustrated but taking it out on fans that pay hard earned money optionally to come doesnt help anyone.
Disgrace on 19:31 - Aug 27 with 3389 viewsJamest1994

Its ok for the fans to go mad at hill but not the other way around? Everyone was frustrated, not a big deal.

Glad to see him showing some passion, shows he cares despite some of the posts suggesting otherwise on here.
Disgrace on 19:33 - Aug 27 with 3372 viewsNinco

Disgrace on 18:32 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

I am pretty sure the fans don't pay Hill's wages. I'm sure the transfer fees pay most of it. If the fans are paying the wages then we'll be employing Carlton Palmer soon because Spotland was quiet this afternoon.

...so without the fans, why would there be any transfer fees or any sponsorship?
Disgrace on 19:38 - Aug 27 with 3329 viewsKenBoon

Disgrace on 19:33 - Aug 27 by Ninco

...so without the fans, why would there be any transfer fees or any sponsorship?

There wouldn't. I'm saying it doesn't feel like the fans are as important to the plan as they should be.
Disgrace on 19:41 - Aug 27 with 3302 viewsNinco

Disgrace on 19:31 - Aug 27 by Jamest1994

Its ok for the fans to go mad at hill but not the other way around? Everyone was frustrated, not a big deal.

Glad to see him showing some passion, shows he cares despite some of the posts suggesting otherwise on here.

No it's not okay the other way round. I hear all sorts from customers every day including death threats and screaming and shouting, but you just have to take it and keep calm. It's your job. You represent a company and as soon as you retaliate, it is the same as the company retaliating. If I swore at a customer, it's gross misconduct as it would be in all jobs.
Disgrace on 19:49 - Aug 27 with 2911 views11becks11

I am upset by what happened today. I made the decision at the beginning of the season to take my 4 year old to the home games. I except that during a game there is bad language used and with hindsight maybe my decision to take my child so young was wrong.
However how Hilly reacted today, not only the language but the gesture, to me is unacceptable. I was fuming that my child had to see that from the manager of our club!

I appreciate what Hilly has done for the club but with all his experience he should know that he cannot act like that. He is a professional football manager and should realise that families are at the games! I won't be taking my little one again!
Disgrace on 19:57 - Aug 27 with 2863 viewsClivert

Disgrace on 19:49 - Aug 27 by 11becks11

I am upset by what happened today. I made the decision at the beginning of the season to take my 4 year old to the home games. I except that during a game there is bad language used and with hindsight maybe my decision to take my child so young was wrong.
However how Hilly reacted today, not only the language but the gesture, to me is unacceptable. I was fuming that my child had to see that from the manager of our club!

I appreciate what Hilly has done for the club but with all his experience he should know that he cannot act like that. He is a professional football manager and should realise that families are at the games! I won't be taking my little one again!

Who would you replace Hill with then?
Disgrace on 19:59 - Aug 27 with 2835 views442Dale

Disgrace on 19:57 - Aug 27 by Clivert

Being fair, they didn't say anything about Hill leaving.

Disgrace on 20:04 - Aug 27 with 2806 viewsTalkingSutty

Disgrace on 18:36 - Aug 27 by Brierls

Fantastic specimen.

Would you have him at left back ahead of McNulty? Let's see if you heart rules your head.

No, I thought Big Jim was excellent last season at left back. He's limited obviously but the whole thing with Henderson playing in midfield just seems to cause confusion. I would have BBM forking the pitch at half time.
Disgrace on 20:08 - Aug 27 with 2776 viewsRosun

Keith Hill. Born 17th May 1969.
He's a Taurus. They have horns and some times they dig them in.
I'm a Libra ... perfectly balanced ... a chip on each shoulder.
Disgrace on 20:09 - Aug 27 with 2770 views11becks11

Disgrace on 19:57 - Aug 27 by Clivert

I didn't say he should be replaced! I think he is a good manager and has turned our club around since he came back. I'm just very angry by what he did today and feel that he needs to take responsibility for his actions and realise he can't react like that within his role!
Disgrace on 20:10 - Aug 27 with 2755 viewsroccydaleian

Disgrace on 18:57 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

That guy is nuts ( but in a good way)
Disgrace on 20:19 - Aug 27 with 2694 viewsClivert

Disgrace on 19:59 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

Being fair, they didn't say anything about Hill leaving.

Being fair, they are suggesting that Hill isn't the man to be in charge of our club though.
Disgrace on 20:24 - Aug 27 with 2655 views442Dale

Disgrace on 20:19 - Aug 27 by Clivert

Being fair, they are suggesting that Hill isn't the man to be in charge of our club though.

Thought it was more of a go at the impact of his behaviour.

Disgrace on 20:25 - Aug 27 with 2649 viewsClivert

Disgrace on 20:09 - Aug 27 by 11becks11

I didn't say he should be replaced! I think he is a good manager and has turned our club around since he came back. I'm just very angry by what he did today and feel that he needs to take responsibility for his actions and realise he can't react like that within his role!

Just read this post.

He's better than good I would say, perhaps his reaction was down to us scoring so late on in a game rather than conceding so late on?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024