Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disgrace 17:31 - Aug 27 with 43592 viewsKnowlesy

Hill's reaction to the fans after our equaliser today is the final straw for me. Dunno if it's still at the point where I'll get slagged off for this but an own goal / straight from the corner / whatever it was does not justify 90 minutes of absolute sludge nor does it make me feel any better about the season ahead. We needed to win today to bring the fans back onside and I've always defended Hill because of what he's done for the club, don't get me wrong we have come a long, long way under his management but for me he can go after his reaction to the fans today.

Turning round and giving it both barrels to the crowd after we've scored because they had a go after sending Logan back into his goal is unacceptable, he had no other thought in his mind after that goal other than getting one over on those paying fans. The first time in my life that I've actually been angrier after we've scored a goal and if a manager can do that then it's not a good show. Looking very grim after that performance.
Disgrace on 20:28 - Aug 27 with 3065 viewsDaleFan7

Disgrace on 20:25 - Aug 27 by Clivert

Just read this post.

He's better than good I would say, perhaps his reaction was down to us scoring so late on in a game rather than conceding so late on?

What is it like in Hills colon?
Disgrace on 20:36 - Aug 27 with 3015 views11becks11

Disgrace on 20:25 - Aug 27 by Clivert

Just read this post.

He's better than good I would say, perhaps his reaction was down to us scoring so late on in a game rather than conceding so late on?

I don't think it matters what he was reacting to...he is a professional and should not be swearing and gesturing to the crowd when there are children present....no matter how angry or frustrated he is.
It was quite clear that it was aimed at a certain section of the fans as seconds before our goal, he turned and shouted "shut the f@@k up"!!
I'm just disappointed that it has happened!
Disgrace on 20:43 - Aug 27 with 2972 viewsNinco

So what's the answer then? What do you want to see to resolve this? Is it just a case of if Hill apologises, everything will be back to normal or do you think it has gone too far and needs something more to resolve it?

I know I was sat fairly close to Hill when it happened and people sat further away may not be fully aware of how it felt, but for me, it was a bad atmosphere and I haven't felt the atmosphere like that for a long time. The last time the atmosphere was like that was when the fans turned on Graham Barrow and they had to hold a clear the air meeting between Barrow and the fans. Do you feel that it has reached that point with Hill?
Disgrace on 20:48 - Aug 27 with 2937 viewsRalphs12

Move the dugouts to the Willbutts lane side, problem solved
Disgrace on 20:53 - Aug 27 with 2899 views11becks11

Disgrace on 20:43 - Aug 27 by Ninco

So what's the answer then? What do you want to see to resolve this? Is it just a case of if Hill apologises, everything will be back to normal or do you think it has gone too far and needs something more to resolve it?

I know I was sat fairly close to Hill when it happened and people sat further away may not be fully aware of how it felt, but for me, it was a bad atmosphere and I haven't felt the atmosphere like that for a long time. The last time the atmosphere was like that was when the fans turned on Graham Barrow and they had to hold a clear the air meeting between Barrow and the fans. Do you feel that it has reached that point with Hill?

I don't know what the answer is if I'm honest!! I just know that when it happened I picked up my daughter and wanted to leave the ground.ive never posted on here before but needed to vent my disappointment!
I think that because of the man hilly is, an apology would go a long way. I know that it was aimed at a small selection of the fans but it has impacted a large majority of the supporters.
I think Hilly just needs to realise that he has done wrong. 😔
Disgrace on 20:55 - Aug 27 with 2878 views442Dale

Hill has apologised for his language in the Daleplayer interview, makes mention of the family with children at the game.

Credit to him. Shall we leave today's incident there?

edit: he also said he thought the fans were very supportive and said there were no moans or groans. One of his most impressive interviews I've seen, honest about the way we're playing and accepting of his mistakes.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 21:01]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Disgrace on 20:58 - Aug 27 with 2850 viewsClivert

Disgrace on 20:28 - Aug 27 by DaleFan7

What is it like in Hills colon?

I dunno, probably better Barrow's, Coleman's and Eyre's though.
Disgrace on 21:04 - Aug 27 with 2815 viewsjustanillusion

I noticed Hillys venting/shouting to main stand crowd when Logan ventured forwards from where i was sat in Pearl St, didn't surprise me , the mans a law to himself , thinks hes god!
Login to get fewer ads

Disgrace on 21:04 - Aug 27 with 2813 viewsboromat

Disgrace on 20:55 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

Hill has apologised for his language in the Daleplayer interview, makes mention of the family with children at the game.

edit: he also said he thought the fans were very supportive and said there were no moans or groans. One of his most impressive interviews I've seen, honest about the way we're playing and accepting of his mistakes.

Just listened to the interview and I think that's fair do's put his hand up and apologised for his language. Let's leave it there and move one, everyone makes mistakes every now and then especially when under pressure. Let's hope we have hit rock bottom now and we bounce back.

Up the Dale

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Disgrace on 21:10 - Aug 27 with 2763 viewsNinco

To me though, that apology was like an afterthought. He did the rest of the interview not mentioning it and then it was only because Martin Culshaw asked him about it right at the end of the interview that he apologised.
Disgrace on 21:14 - Aug 27 with 2746 viewsjudd

Disgrace on 21:10 - Aug 27 by Ninco

To me though, that apology was like an afterthought. He did the rest of the interview not mentioning it and then it was only because Martin Culshaw asked him about it right at the end of the interview that he apologised.

Does it really matter that he was asked about the incident and when it occurred in the interview?

Strikes me as a long overdue dose of honesty and humility from a senior club official to a disenfranchised fan base

Poll: What is it to be then?

Disgrace on 21:17 - Aug 27 with 2708 views1mark1

Disgrace on 20:48 - Aug 27 by Ralphs12

Move the dugouts to the Willbutts lane side, problem solved

He can't handle about 10 Dale fans having a go at him, how would he cope with loads of away fans slagging him off?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Disgrace on 21:18 - Aug 27 with 2704 views442Dale

Disgrace on 21:14 - Aug 27 by judd

Does it really matter that he was asked about the incident and when it occurred in the interview?

Strikes me as a long overdue dose of honesty and humility from a senior club official to a disenfranchised fan base

Spot on.

I think Hill turned the tone of the question round really well which asked if the good atmosphere during the first half was still the same in the second.

Disgrace on 21:21 - Aug 27 with 2672 viewsTalkingSutty

Haven't heard the interview but if that's the case then good on him for doing the right thing and apologising, these things happen and let's face it none of us have experienced the pressures of Football management.

I hope the lady and her child return for the next home game, today was a isolated incident and on behalf of the Dale fans I would like to apologise to her and hope she gives us another chance because we can't afford to lose supporters.It's done and dusted now.
Disgrace on 21:24 - Aug 27 with 2648 viewsdingdangblue

Disgrace on 21:10 - Aug 27 by Ninco

Ffs. You cant please some people!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Disgrace on 21:34 - Aug 27 with 2592 viewsroccydaleian

Disgrace on 21:21 - Aug 27 by TalkingSutty

Haven't heard the interview but if that's the case then good on him for doing the right thing and apologising, these things happen and let's face it none of us have experienced the pressures of Football management.

I hope the lady and her child return for the next home game, today was a isolated incident and on behalf of the Dale fans I would like to apologise to her and hope she gives us another chance because we can't afford to lose supporters.It's done and dusted now.

Might be an idea for the lady to go in the family stand bit?? Have we still got one ?
Disgrace on 21:37 - Aug 27 with 2577 viewsolympicdale

Disgrace on 18:18 - Aug 27 by DaleyBrent

I understand the fans being frustrated, and i also understand Hilly getting frustrated. It really is part of football.

But it is absolutely astonishing how after almost a decades experience of being a manager that Hill thinks its acceptable to react like that to the fans that pay his wages. God could only imagine how he would cope with the pressures that the likes of Chris Wilder has been under at Sheff Utd - it would be absolutely comical!

Hill is the best manager this club will probably ever have and what he's done is nothing short of astonishing so we should all be fully behind him.

Thats exactly the attitude Hill has, im the best you'll probably ever have, you cant criticise me or ill leave you. Its the fear factor of what could happen if/when he goes, that keeps the fans in check.

Life is a game of fate.

Disgrace on 21:39 - Aug 27 with 2559 viewsjudd

Disgrace on 21:34 - Aug 27 by roccydaleian

Might be an idea for the lady to go in the family stand bit?? Have we still got one ?

We do but the language is shocking to be fookin honest

Disgrace on 21:41 - Aug 27 with 2555 viewsClivert

Disgrace on 21:37 - Aug 27 by olympicdale

Thats exactly the attitude Hill has, im the best you'll probably ever have, you cant criticise me or ill leave you. Its the fear factor of what could happen if/when he goes, that keeps the fans in check.

Who would you replace him with then?

Who would be better?
Disgrace on 21:45 - Aug 27 with 2520 viewsBartRowou

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Disgrace on 21:48 - Aug 27 with 2491 viewsjustanillusion

On fbook tonight an eyewitness version of events in main stand, make of it what u will : "Hill told the fans to f**k off 3 times. That can't be allowed to happen. The fans then started on the directors who in turn told said fans to f**k off.

All in all an embarrassing moment for all.

Hill and Directors shouldn't of reacted in that way though, as much as these "moaners" annoy, they supply their money to this company as much as anyone else does.

A swift public apology would sort this out... But we all know that won't happen."
Disgrace on 21:49 - Aug 27 with 2484 viewsolympicdale

Disgrace on 21:41 - Aug 27 by Clivert

Who would you replace him with then?

Who would be better?

I wouldn't replace him with anyone, but just because he's so successful it shouldn't make him immune from criticism, which is how he feels he should be. He needs to learn how to take it when things aren't going as well.

Life is a game of fate.

Disgrace on 21:51 - Aug 27 with 2470 viewsjudd

Disgrace on 21:48 - Aug 27 by justanillusion

On fbook tonight an eyewitness version of events in main stand, make of it what u will : "Hill told the fans to f**k off 3 times. That can't be allowed to happen. The fans then started on the directors who in turn told said fans to f**k off.

Hill and Directors shouldn't of reacted in that way though, as much as these "moaners" annoy, they supply their money to this company as much as anyone else does.

A swift public apology would sort this out... But we all know that won't happen."

Blimey. I heard something similar. Was it all the directors?

Disgrace on 21:52 - Aug 27 with 2449 views442Dale

Hill has apologised.

Disgrace on 21:54 - Aug 27 with 2432 viewsdingdangblue

I heard fans telling some players to f##k off loads of times today - is that on ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024