Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect for the Football Club!! 17:59 - Aug 27 with 9937 viewsTalkingSutty

Things aren't right are they? Ask yourself a question, do you support Keith Hill or the Football Club, the correct answer is the Football Club. He's been great for us Hilly but after scrutinising his recent recruitment of players, his comment about having the opportunity to move to other Clubs,I am left with the distinct feeling that his time at Rochdale is coming to an end. In a nutshell I reckon he's lost his mojo, his hunger or whatever you want to call it. I think he's gutted that the Bolton and Blackburns didn't come knocking in the Close Season.

The recruitment of Thompson, RNL and no doubt Holness given the chance, is the work of a manager who doesn't have the desire to push the team forward and better what we had only a few months previous, i can't see how anybody can argue that point?.

We have a Chairman and a bunch of Directors, their credentials can't really be questioned because they love the Club even though some of their decisions Have been poor at times and I think it's now the time to sit Hill down and remind him who runs the Club and who pays the wages. Find out what direction Hill wants to go in because it's quite obvious he's treading water at the moment, if he's not happy then a parting of the ways should be sorted out. If he's 100% committed to staying and pushing us onwards then excellent.

The Future of the Football Club is more important than Keith Hills and if he's just plodding along until the next opportunity comes along then it's the Club who will suffer. I don't buy into the theory that he's had his budget slashed that's a non starter but the whole atmosphere around the Club at the moment is downbeat and the recruitment of certain players can only be described as flabbergasting.

I fully expect to get flamed for this post but somebody as got to ask the question.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 01:46 - Aug 28 with 2180 viewsWhiteyBFC

Sack him then. Then watch yourselves playing Stockport in non-league.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 02:57 - Aug 28 with 2159 viewsAtThePeake

Respect for the Football Club!! on 01:46 - Aug 28 by WhiteyBFC

Sack him then. Then watch yourselves playing Stockport in non-league.

Like Barnsley are? Oh wait, no. You're fine. You stayed up the same season you sacked him after looking like going down.

The club is bigger than Keith Hill, that should never be forgotten, even by the staunchest Hill supporters. And I would consider myself one of them.

Tangled up in blue.

Respect for the Football Club!! on 03:33 - Aug 28 with 2142 viewsjokerthief

He is a very omnipotent person. with some success he has become worse.
The best managers are the fatherly types with obvious soccer knowledge.
When you think your are GOD at your club....you will have many followers.
But many unsettled players...this is the obvious situation at the the moment.
Flitcroft has a much more empathetical relationship with Bury..
He will not survive with this arrogant attitude..
Respect for the Football Club!! on 08:11 - Aug 28 with 2072 viewsTalkingSutty

Respect for the Football Club!! on 03:33 - Aug 28 by jokerthief

He is a very omnipotent person. with some success he has become worse.
The best managers are the fatherly types with obvious soccer knowledge.
When you think your are GOD at your club....you will have many followers.
But many unsettled players...this is the obvious situation at the the moment.
Flitcroft has a much more empathetical relationship with Bury..
He will not survive with this arrogant attitude..

To be fair,Hill will move on sooner or later and no matter what he will always been deemed as the Clubs most successful manager ever. I don't like the insinuation that he is doing us all a favour by being at the Club though ( His comments about being able to move to other clubs during the summer) he was unemployed when we gave him a second chance let's not forget that. We also gave him his break into Football Management so it's never been a one way street. We have both been good for each other and he is being amply rewarded.

More important is what's happening behind the scenes because like i said managers come and go. I have faith in the new Chief Exec and have only heard good things about him, the fact he's a Yorkshire man can be excused and we can't hold that against him.I want him to have a strong personality and stamp down on any meddling or interference from those within the Club who think they know better....kick them out of his office if they start snooting around and inform the Chairman. It's his job and he needs to be given a free rein. He's an expert in his field and the Club should support him in his ideas, in fact he needs to grab hold of the Club and the staff by the scruff of the neck and shake them out of their complacency/ comfort zone.

Any suggestions from the Boardroom regarding increasing the fan base needs to be instantly dismissed out of hand because none of them have any experience or track record when it comes to that particular subject, they've failed dismally during the most successful period in the Clubs history. That's something that the Chief Exec needs to think about and digest, get a good lock on his office door and keep them out!!

We have literally hundreds and hundreds of fans who can't go to games because they can't afford the prices, some of the Directors even laugh and sneer at that suggestion that's the bloody arrogance of them, they see the Town as wanting something for nothing!!

Re- set the ST prices for next season coupled with the direct debit option and then get out in the town and advertise how cheap the Season Tickets are. Make the decision in April and for gods sake let the public of Rochdale and the surrounding areas know about it. I spoke to 8 people yesterday who intend to renew next season if there's movement on the pricing structure.

In the meantime a statement and apology from the Boardroom regarding the Season Ticket shambles wouldn't go amiss, when it comes to own goals it's right up there alongside Chris Brass!!
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 8:56]
Respect for the Football Club!! on 08:12 - Aug 28 with 2071 viewsTalkingSutty

Respect for the Football Club!! on 00:40 - Aug 28 by TVOS1907

Tell me about it...

Exactly my point.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 09:18 - Aug 28 with 2001 viewssomdale

Unbelievable response here to what is a poor start to the season. I am an exile and how I have regretted not being able to watch the Dale the last decade or more, when I was a regular the club was practically finished and a complete joke.

Keith Hill has given us something to be proud of at last, the players he has signed in the past have been amazing and he has helped bring in enough money for the club to buy the stadium.
We are having our longest spell out of the bottom division (I may be wrong there).

We have been treated to exhilarating football at times, and regularly beaten teams we had no right to do.

We have been to Wembley for crying out loud.

Now here we are a few weeks into a new season, it hasn't gone well, now the club really needs its supporters, to get behind the team.

Can we do that, no, instead we get on our high horses, question everything like we know better.

I hear a lot about certain players and managers thinking they are bigger than the club, well I think some of our so called fans think they are bigger than the club.

We all know how Hilly is, so why have a go, and why be surprised when you get a reaction.

Those people who felt it better to berate than support on Saturday are a disgrace and it's you the club don't need, not the most successful manager in our history.

Remember the last time he left and be careful what you wish for.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 09:24 - Aug 28 with 1993 views442Dale

Respect for the Football Club!! on 09:18 - Aug 28 by somdale

Unbelievable response here to what is a poor start to the season. I am an exile and how I have regretted not being able to watch the Dale the last decade or more, when I was a regular the club was practically finished and a complete joke.

Keith Hill has given us something to be proud of at last, the players he has signed in the past have been amazing and he has helped bring in enough money for the club to buy the stadium.
We are having our longest spell out of the bottom division (I may be wrong there).

We have been treated to exhilarating football at times, and regularly beaten teams we had no right to do.

Now here we are a few weeks into a new season, it hasn't gone well, now the club really needs its supporters, to get behind the team.

Can we do that, no, instead we get on our high horses, question everything like we know better.

I hear a lot about certain players and managers thinking they are bigger than the club, well I think some of our so called fans think they are bigger than the club.

We all know how Hilly is, so why have a go, and why be surprised when you get a reaction.

Those people who felt it better to berate than support on Saturday are a disgrace and it's you the club don't need, not the most successful manager in our history.

The manager praised the support in his post-match interview. Apart from the numbers turning up each week, which are down to other factors, the fans are still pretty positive during games. They were willing them on at 1-0 down yesterday and the players responded and we got a point.

Debating on here about everything else is something different and I've not seen too many people go too far.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Respect for the Football Club!! on 09:34 - Aug 28 with 1974 viewsDaleiLama

It's a bl00dy shame how we got here.

Youda thunk that a club which finished in its highest ever league position, secured ownership of its own stadium after a protracted battle and had a good nucleus of young players would be on top of the world. Instead, frustration seems to have infiltrated the club at every level and appears to be the predominant factor holding the organisation back.

The fans (the lifeblood of the club) have seen the product on the pitch go backwards at the start of this season, seen the prices to watch it go up, been treated with at best scorn (at worst with duplicity) and had hopes and dreams seriously dented before the first month of the season is even over. The spiral of negativity (not an accusation - an observation) seems to escalate with every new setback and this has to be reversed quickly - hopefully with a few good results - before its too late.

We saw how frustrated KH is yesterday when he temporarily lost the plot. We can speculate until the cows come home regarding the cause of this, but he has manned up and very publicly apologised for his transgression. In the interests of the club, I hope it can now be kicked into the long grass and left alone.

I'm sure the Directors are frustrated. They have the club in the best position ever in so many ways, including the recent appointments of Frances and Russ and have clearly stated their ambition. Perversely, it appears that the on-field product is not in step with what the club is trying to create off it now. For whatever reasons, unlike previous years, the manager has not been able to recruit to replace what we have lost/let go and improve the overall strength of the squad, which has led to a gap between
"expectation" and reality. In addition, they have also alienated a very large section of their most loyal supporters and probably permanently lost a few more supporters along the way with the pricing fiasco and many other "petty" issues which need to be sorted out professionally in future.

I'm not standing on a soap box and telling anyone how to be a fan, nor am I trivialising the fact that it is not cheap to watch a game. There is at least an expectation to be entertained, even if this isn't always the case. Of course, the fans of the club have a duty to also hold the club accountable - without fans there is no club (although I'm not always convinced how much this is appreciated by the club). Let's also make no bones about the fact that fans can directly influence the levels of frustration and exacerbate the current predicament, however.

I really hope the results start to improve (the first essential step) and the goodwill can slowly be rebuilt on both sides, but especially towards the disenfranchised fans. Otherwise, all the ambition in the world from the club will come to nothing.

Up the Dale.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Respect for the Football Club!! on 09:43 - Aug 28 with 1945 views442Dale

Respect for the Football Club!! on 09:34 - Aug 28 by DaleiLama

Youda thunk that a club which finished in its highest ever league position, secured ownership of its own stadium after a protracted battle and had a good nucleus of young players would be on top of the world. Instead, frustration seems to have infiltrated the club at every level and appears to be the predominant factor holding the organisation back.

The fans (the lifeblood of the club) have seen the product on the pitch go backwards at the start of this season, seen the prices to watch it go up, been treated with at best scorn (at worst with duplicity) and had hopes and dreams seriously dented before the first month of the season is even over. The spiral of negativity (not an accusation - an observation) seems to escalate with every new setback and this has to be reversed quickly - hopefully with a few good results - before its too late.

We saw how frustrated KH is yesterday when he temporarily lost the plot. We can speculate until the cows come home regarding the cause of this, but he has manned up and very publicly apologised for his transgression. In the interests of the club, I hope it can now be kicked into the long grass and left alone.

I'm sure the Directors are frustrated. They have the club in the best position ever in so many ways, including the recent appointments of Frances and Russ and have clearly stated their ambition. Perversely, it appears that the on-field product is not in step with what the club is trying to create off it now. For whatever reasons, unlike previous years, the manager has not been able to recruit to replace what we have lost/let go and improve the overall strength of the squad, which has led to a gap between
"expectation" and reality. In addition, they have also alienated a very large section of their most loyal supporters and probably permanently lost a few more supporters along the way with the pricing fiasco and many other "petty" issues which need to be sorted out professionally in future.

I'm not standing on a soap box and telling anyone how to be a fan, nor am I trivialising the fact that it is not cheap to watch a game. There is at least an expectation to be entertained, even if this isn't always the case. Of course, the fans of the club have a duty to also hold the club accountable - without fans there is no club (although I'm not always convinced how much this is appreciated by the club). Let's also make no bones about the fact that fans can directly influence the levels of frustration and exacerbate the current predicament, however.

I really hope the results start to improve (the first essential step) and the goodwill can slowly be rebuilt on both sides, but especially towards the disenfranchised fans. Otherwise, all the ambition in the world from the club will come to nothing.

Up the Dale.

That should be read by everyone, everywhere.

Respect for the Football Club!! on 09:55 - Aug 28 with 1919 viewsRosun

Up the Dale.

Nail. Head.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 09:58 - Aug 28 with 1911 viewsThe_DJ

Up the Dale.

Couldn't have put it better.

Big clearing of the air required and soon.
Yesterday's behaviour by one of the Board also needs attention.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 11:04 - Aug 28 with 1835 viewsTalkingSutty

Questioning recruitment, team selection and performances is what football fans do and Hill,just like everybody else, isn't above criticism. The manager and players are praised to high heaven when we are doing well but a dropping in standards will obviously cause some criticism, that's football. Fans pay a lot of money to watch games and are entitled to voice their opinion, doing it on the forum is preferable to doing it whilst the games is in progress, which is something I don't do.

I know he's capable of getting us up the league but that doesn't mean i have to agree with his recent player recruitment. Some of these players performed for the Club previously and have regressed since, so the fans are capable of judging them.

When Hill leaves the world won't stop revolving,the Club will carry on through good and bad times at various levels of the pyramid. Supporting the Club isn't conditional on constant success and through the rough times you often experience a coming together and a bonding at the Club, we've experience of that down the years and it holds little fear. That's a time when unexpected heroes and black humour come to the fore and Supporters are maybe valued a little bit more?
Respect for the Football Club!! on 11:08 - Aug 28 with 1818 viewsTalkingSutty

Up the Dale.

Well said.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 12:34 - Aug 28 with 1714 viewsD_Dale

Respect for the Football Club!! on 23:50 - Aug 27 by TalkingSutty

I'll give my reasoning but obviously it could be a load of crap.

Hilly stamps all over expectation, we all know that, it drives him mad and it brings with it extra pressures. The Chairman/ Directors came out with a statement maybe 6 weeks ago regarding purchasing the Stadium back and then even mentioned pushing the Club on to the Championship!! Hill wasn't at all happy with that and I am sure he made his feelings known in an interview shortly after. So basically it's the Boardrooms fault.

So after finishing so high in the league last season, to improve would have us challenging for a Play Off place which in turn gets the fans expectations raised and that's reinforced by the Championship comment coming out of the boardroom. Around about that time Holness, Thompson and RNL appear on the scene completely off the radar and expectation turns to devastation and everybody at the Club is firmly put in their place, followed by Hill making it known that he could have left the Club in the summer if he wanted. A comment that came from nowhere.

Managers always strive to constantly better their squad, they beg, steal and borrow and drive the Club forward and the recruitment of these players is the complete opposite of that. It's not down to the budget, you're not telling me we can only afford players who are not capable of being signed by National League Clubs.

Like I said, these are only my own thoughts and could be total bollo**s but you asked for an explanation and I can't think of anything else.

Well, if that's what follows from putting Hill on the psychiatrist's couch, may the Football Gods help us!

With 2 points from the first five league matches, expectations have certainly been hammered into the ground, so is it now time for a good run?

Hill is capable of reversing a spell of poor form, as when a few months ago he pulled off the signing of Holty. That revitalised the team and the fans.

But the next six league matches look very tough, with four away from home (not that current home form is anything to build on). Of the 18 points to be played for, I'd settle for 9. That would result in only 11 points from the first 11 league games - and over a full season an average of a point a game can result in relegation.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 12:39 - Aug 28 with 1701 views442Dale

Respect for the Football Club!! on 12:34 - Aug 28 by D_Dale

Well, if that's what follows from putting Hill on the psychiatrist's couch, may the Football Gods help us!

With 2 points from the first five league matches, expectations have certainly been hammered into the ground, so is it now time for a good run?

Hill is capable of reversing a spell of poor form, as when a few months ago he pulled off the signing of Holty. That revitalised the team and the fans.

But the next six league matches look very tough, with four away from home (not that current home form is anything to build on). Of the 18 points to be played for, I'd settle for 9. That would result in only 11 points from the first 11 league games - and over a full season an average of a point a game can result in relegation.

It might sound a strange thing to say so early in the season, but it's important to keep an eye on the table. We're a win off lower mid-table, a position a few fans would see as realistic as a finishing position.

Keeping that gap between the bottom four and mid-table realistic is the main thing as we struggle for form. Two wins and it looks totally different and then it becomes a case of extending the gap below us.

Respect for the Football Club!! on 13:40 - Aug 28 with 1588 viewsborodale

Nice bit of perspective. Hillys history says September is a good month to be a Dale fan!!!
Respect for the Football Club!! on 13:45 - Aug 28 with 1577 viewsD_Dale

Respect for the Football Club!! on 12:39 - Aug 28 by 442Dale

It might sound a strange thing to say so early in the season, but it's important to keep an eye on the table. We're a win off lower mid-table, a position a few fans would see as realistic as a finishing position.

Keeping that gap between the bottom four and mid-table realistic is the main thing as we struggle for form. Two wins and it looks totally different and then it becomes a case of extending the gap below us.

It's certainly too soon to panic. Most seasons there are a couple of clubs that start poorly and then have a good run up the division. But looking at the next six games it's hard to find much ground for optimism.

03/09/2016 Oxford United v Rochdale
10/09/2016 Bristol Rovers v Rochdale
17/09/2016 Rochdale v Fleetwood Town
24/09/2016 Millwall v Rochdale
27/09/2016 Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers
01/10/2016 Charlton Athletic v Rochdale
Respect for the Football Club!! on 13:56 - Aug 28 with 1554 viewsfrenzied

Respect for the Football Club!! on 13:45 - Aug 28 by D_Dale

It's certainly too soon to panic. Most seasons there are a couple of clubs that start poorly and then have a good run up the division. But looking at the next six games it's hard to find much ground for optimism.

03/09/2016 Oxford United v Rochdale
10/09/2016 Bristol Rovers v Rochdale
17/09/2016 Rochdale v Fleetwood Town
24/09/2016 Millwall v Rochdale
27/09/2016 Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers
01/10/2016 Charlton Athletic v Rochdale

I welcome the fact that we have an on paper a tough run of games,,,puts the players mind set in no doubt anything less than their very best will leave us potentially stranded .

On a positive note a good return of points from these games will give them the confidence which is lacking at this time

8 or 9 points would be excellent
Respect for the Football Club!! on 16:31 - Aug 28 with 1464 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:00 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

Why would it be nonsense to expect someone to apologise if their behaviour went beyond what is deemed acceptable?

I don't know if it did btw, being general. But there's never an excuse for a club employee to swear at supporters. If the fans are deemed to have gone too far, point it out to a steward and let them deal with it.

SoftLad was pilloried on here when he "offered out" a fan who disagreed with him......it's a bit deja vu at the Crown.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 16:34 - Aug 28 with 1459 viewsfitzochris

Respect for the Football Club!! on 16:31 - Aug 28 by Yorkshire_Dale

SoftLad was pilloried on here when he "offered out" a fan who disagreed with him......it's a bit deja vu at the Crown.

Did he not then offer to meet fans on a surgery like basis to discuss concerns more professionally?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Respect for the Football Club!! on 16:39 - Aug 28 with 1446 viewsChaffRAFC

Up the Dale.

I've not said anything on here about what I think about this whole situation, and now I don't really need to because that is a brilliant post which for my money, is absolutely 100% correct.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024