Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What position are we going to finish this year? 02:51 - Aug 31 with 1748 viewsRobRAFC23

Im putting this out there to get an opinion and perspective of other peoples views on where they think we will finish this year. Im saying Mid table if not slightly lower (16th). Fire away with your predictions.
What position are we going to finish this year? on 06:42 - Aug 31 with 1712 viewsTalkingSutty

17th due to poor recruitment during the Summer and a weakened squad compared to last season.Still acceptable though.
What position are we going to finish this year? on 07:31 - Aug 31 with 1673 viewsBazzanne

I can see the big R word coming at us. I hope to God I am wrong but, this season I have no enthusiasm at all due mostly to our lousy recruiting ( Logan excepted ). We haven't strengthened our list at all. We have no goalscorers, no defenders who can defend and we are stumbling along with players who honestly don't cut it in league 1. I hope for anything above 21st.
What position are we going to finish this year? on 07:38 - Aug 31 with 1665 viewsaleanddale

18th*

*And hilly to prove us all wrong!! Please!!
What position are we going to finish this year? on 07:40 - Aug 31 with 1658 viewsDaleFan7

Between 16th and 19th. I don't see this squad holding up over a full season. Injuries and suspensions will occur. We have a fairly decent starting XI, beyond that we're struggling.
What position are we going to finish this year? on 07:49 - Aug 31 with 1652 viewsColDale

11th

We have a couple of players such as Hendo / PV who currently look to be less influential than they were this time last year but we have to give PV a chance to at least show he's addressed this.

I don't believe that McNulty is the absolute liability he's being made out to be. He's had a tough start to the season - just as he did when first put at LB last season before ultimately showing it worked.

Reasons for optimism?
I think we've got a better keeper than last year
I think McGahey and Canavan will prove to be better than Eastham / Lancashire
I think we'll have a more consistent season from Jamie Allen who had a disappointing first half to last season
I think Calvin has continued his improvement under KH
I think NML is a better footballer than he was 12 months ago
I think we will benefit from the likes of Cannon and Camps being 12 months more experienced than last season

It's folly to write the season off after five games. We have these sort of spells most seasons at this level under KH, and history shows it will click eventually. Don't think we'll have enough about us to challenge the top six though.
What position are we going to finish this year? on 08:19 - Aug 31 with 1610 viewsTalkingSutty

What position are we going to finish this year? on 07:49 - Aug 31 by ColDale

11th

We have a couple of players such as Hendo / PV who currently look to be less influential than they were this time last year but we have to give PV a chance to at least show he's addressed this.

I don't believe that McNulty is the absolute liability he's being made out to be. He's had a tough start to the season - just as he did when first put at LB last season before ultimately showing it worked.

Reasons for optimism?
I think we'll have a more consistent season from Jamie Allen who had a disappointing first half to last season
I think we will benefit from the likes of Cannon and Camps being 12 months more experienced than last season

It's folly to write the season off after five games. We have these sort of spells most seasons at this level under KH, and history shows it will click eventually. Don't think we'll have enough about us to challenge the top six though.

I think I'm the only one who wouldn't have bothered signing Logan. I would have preferred to see that wage used elsewhere and I'm not even convinced Logan's much better than Lillis. Both decent keepers.

Agree regarding NML, Calvin, Allen and Camps . Jim showed he can play the left back role last season, he did very well in that position so maybe his current problems are down to a lack of form, he's a liability in the final third though and that holds us back. I like Mc Gahey and Canavan is a limited lower league centre half who is at his best when doing the basics of defending, winning headers and clearing his lines, in other words he doesn't need confusing.

Hendo is a difficult one, he's not a midfielder or a captain that's pretty obvious,but it's his body language on the pitch that stands out for me and his reaction to his team mates at times, others have mentioned it also. Always gives 100% effort though and on his day is class. PV needs to start to come to the party and start making meaningful contributions on a regular basis. He should be walking into this team and one of the first names on the team sheet but his performances have been listless for quite a while now, that's when he's not been injured.

I agree we won't be challenging for the top six....not bad for you and me that!!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 8:25]
What position are we going to finish this year? on 09:35 - Aug 31 with 1511 viewsDaleFan7

What position are we going to finish this year? on 07:49 - Aug 31 by ColDale

11th

Reasons for optimism?

I think we have the starting XI to finish around mid table and it is full of quality. However, when I looked at our bench on Saturday I saw no quality on it whatsoever. That's my main worry, a couple of injuries to our starting XI and the quality is quickly evaporated. That's where letting players like Rose, Kennedy etc go and not replace them with anything may hurt the most.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 9:36]
What position are we going to finish this year? on 09:40 - Aug 31 with 1500 views1907

I find it surprising how many people have forgotten about how poor we were for a good period of last season. Remember the feelings of disdain and worry that we were going to be dragged into a relegation battle prior to the Bradford game. It was only the signings of Holt & Canavan that actually turned the corner for us.
Login to get fewer ads

What position are we going to finish this year? on 09:45 - Aug 31 with 1484 viewsMoonyDale

Relegated....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

What position are we going to finish this year? on 10:11 - Aug 31 with 1441 viewsfitzochris

I’ve seen enough to say that we are in a false position at the minute. We won’t be relegated.

We just need more depth, which, in turn, will give us more options — especially at the back.

Let’s not overlook the front, though, either. The attack I saw was a little bit toothless and was guilty of indecision at times.

It all just needs a bit of cohesion. I’m sure it will come. If today goes by and we haven’t at least added further options at the back, I will be slightly more concerned than I am now, but I think it will happen.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

What position are we going to finish this year? on 10:18 - Aug 31 with 1423 viewsdawlishdale

Before the season started, I'd have said lower mid table. Having now seen us play all but 1 game, I'd say we will be in the bottom 6.

This can change however, with 2 or 3 quality additions.

Left Back. Absolutely our number one priority. Looks like Hilly doesn't trust Tanser. Big Jim needs a rest.

Ball winning midfield player (think Dawson type player). He should also be our new Captain, as I don't see any leadership from the outfield players at present. Thought Camps was going to be this player, but for some reason, he's regressed since the end of last season.

Oh... and playing Henderson further forward where he can become a goal threat again.
What position are we going to finish this year? on 11:40 - Aug 31 with 1351 viewsD_Alien

What position are we going to finish this year? on 08:19 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

I think I'm the only one who wouldn't have bothered signing Logan. I would have preferred to see that wage used elsewhere and I'm not even convinced Logan's much better than Lillis. Both decent keepers.

Agree regarding NML, Calvin, Allen and Camps . Jim showed he can play the left back role last season, he did very well in that position so maybe his current problems are down to a lack of form, he's a liability in the final third though and that holds us back. I like Mc Gahey and Canavan is a limited lower league centre half who is at his best when doing the basics of defending, winning headers and clearing his lines, in other words he doesn't need confusing.

Hendo is a difficult one, he's not a midfielder or a captain that's pretty obvious,but it's his body language on the pitch that stands out for me and his reaction to his team mates at times, others have mentioned it also. Always gives 100% effort though and on his day is class. PV needs to start to come to the party and start making meaningful contributions on a regular basis. He should be walking into this team and one of the first names on the team sheet but his performances have been listless for quite a while now, that's when he's not been injured.

I agree we won't be challenging for the top six....not bad for you and me that!!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 8:25]

I'd be concerned that PV might become another bench-filler when he's fit, especially with Cannon grabbing his usual right side of midfield position with both hands.

Overall, I'll say 12th. Hill has never finished below midtable in a full season and despite us struggling for periods last year he turned it round again. Having (so far) not found many answers during this transfer window, the winter one will be crucial. We'll need to keep our heads above water in the meantime. Every other side will be looking to strengthen too (obviously) so any further recruitment really will have to be quality since Imo we've too many passengers.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What position are we going to finish this year? on 12:02 - Aug 31 with 1310 viewsdingdangblue

What position are we going to finish this year? on 11:40 - Aug 31 by D_Alien

I'd be concerned that PV might become another bench-filler when he's fit, especially with Cannon grabbing his usual right side of midfield position with both hands.

Overall, I'll say 12th. Hill has never finished below midtable in a full season and despite us struggling for periods last year he turned it round again. Having (so far) not found many answers during this transfer window, the winter one will be crucial. We'll need to keep our heads above water in the meantime. Every other side will be looking to strengthen too (obviously) so any further recruitment really will have to be quality since Imo we've too many passengers.

I see problems after Christmas, half our squad and all of our best younger players will be out of contract a few months later. I'm seriously worried how many of them will have the fight for the club if they aren't going to be here next season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

What position are we going to finish this year? on 17:53 - Aug 31 with 1168 viewsShun

I said we'd be playoff-chasers before the season started and I've seen nothing to really dissuade me from that view. We've played well in all but one game I've seen (Wimbledon) and we've had a tough start opposition-wise.

I'll go for 10th.
What position are we going to finish this year? on 17:59 - Aug 31 with 1157 viewsmoth5368

As things stand I think no lower than 16th. Like others I can see we're better than our current position implies.
What position are we going to finish this year? on 18:01 - Aug 31 with 1147 viewsboromat

What position are we going to finish this year? on 17:53 - Aug 31 by Shun

I said we'd be playoff-chasers before the season started and I've seen nothing to really dissuade me from that view. We've played well in all but one game I've seen (Wimbledon) and we've had a tough start opposition-wise.

I'll go for 10th.

I'm with Shun play-off chasers but looking like it'll take us a bit of time to get going. January will have a big bearing on what happens but if we pick up without being incredible (meaning our players stay under the radar and stay) then have a solid second half I think we could sneak that 6th place but with less points than last season. However I'll go with 8th :-).

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024