Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing 13:17 - Aug 31 with 21155 viewsSaxonDale

All the repetitive clicking of f5 on twitter has paid off,

Place your bets here, I'm going Charlie Comlynn-Platt.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 13:18]
New signing on 13:56 - Aug 31 with 2804 viewsKnowlesy

New signing on 13:53 - Aug 31 by fitzochris

A lot of negativity about this signing.

Genuine question, what are folks expecting and why do you think that is within the club's reach?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 13:56]

Not certain what I was expecting but I wasn't expecting a below average, aging league 2 player on loan. There must be players out there without contracts (I'm sure it was you that stated this in a thread that I've just looked through dunno when it was posted) that would be more encouraging
New signing on 13:58 - Aug 31 with 2767 viewsJimmyRustler

Genuine question, what are folks expecting and why do you think that is within the club's reach?

I'll tell you what I'm NOT expecting. Loanees from teams in lower divisions who can't get a game for their respective clubs. What makes him good enough for us if he isn't good enough for them? Or have Cambridge got Claude Makelele sitting in front of the back four?
New signing on 13:58 - Aug 31 with 2760 viewsMoonyDale

Injury prone and can't catch at Cambridge......no wonder there's negativity, not impressed with this signing at all....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

New signing on 13:59 - Aug 31 with 2753 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 13:56 - Aug 31 by Knowlesy

Not certain what I was expecting but I wasn't expecting a below average, aging league 2 player on loan. There must be players out there without contracts (I'm sure it was you that stated this in a thread that I've just looked through dunno when it was posted) that would be more encouraging

I did state that. As I said, I'm asking a genuine question as to gauge what folks expectations are.

The bit about them being within the club's reach is particularly pertinent. I am wondering just what our reach is at the moment.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New signing on 13:59 - Aug 31 with 2746 viewsDale23years

New signing on 13:56 - Aug 31 by Knowlesy

All the optimism we had after the stadium ownership has now been totally gone
At least get weekend in Barnet next season

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

New signing on 14:00 - Aug 31 with 2742 views1907

If he is primarily back up for Raff then I'm sure he is far more capable than Cannon to play there
New signing on 14:00 - Aug 31 with 2737 viewsjudd

New signing on 13:59 - Aug 31 by fitzochris

I did state that. As I said, I'm asking a genuine question as to gauge what folks expectations are.

The bit about them being within the club's reach is particularly pertinent. I am wondering just what our reach is at the moment.

That questioning sounds more akin to boxing, Fitzo. Given recent events...

Poll: What is it to be then?

New signing on 14:02 - Aug 31 with 2703 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 14:00 - Aug 31 by judd

That questioning sounds more akin to boxing, Fitzo. Given recent events...

Arf. I'm told he's a southpaw.

Login to get fewer ads

New signing on 14:04 - Aug 31 with 2688 viewsD_Alien

If he's got the experience and the basic ability to just protect the back four and play simple balls to our more creative players, that'll do for me. I'm not expecting him to light up League One with wonder passes, but we do have players who can be creative when they're released from firefighting defensively.

Matty Lund can play that role, but he's good at stealing into the box so its a weapon we need to utilise. Camps, Allen, McDermott and Hendo should benefit too. The big question - can Keane do that for us? No need to be negative at this stage though.

[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 14:12]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing on 14:06 - Aug 31 with 2669 viewsmacro

It's whether people want an experienced pro who adds depth to the squad even if he doesn't get the wow reaction or an untried youngster from Blackburn
New signing on 14:09 - Aug 31 with 2619 views1907

New LB now please Keith
New signing on 14:12 - Aug 31 with 2579 views1907

A quick search of his name on Twitter is very revealing. Not one negative thing been said about him. Some Preston fans saying they'd have him back at Deepdale as well as plenty of Cambridge fans annoyed that he's been allowed to leave. One journo saying he had an excellent pre season. Very interesting.
New signing on 14:18 - Aug 31 with 2541 viewsolympicdale

New signing on 13:37 - Aug 31 by Knowlesy

Another player who can't catch in the league below

Getting old now

I remember him at Preston, got rave reviews there. I dont know if its down to injury that he's lost form, but it was needed, to sort out the full back issues especially.

Life is a game of fate.

New signing on 14:19 - Aug 31 with 2523 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 14:12 - Aug 31 by 1907

A quick search of his name on Twitter is very revealing. Not one negative thing been said about him. Some Preston fans saying they'd have him back at Deepdale as well as plenty of Cambridge fans annoyed that he's been allowed to leave. One journo saying he had an excellent pre season. Very interesting.

Which is why it's foolish to slam a player before he has even kicked a ball for us.

New signing on 14:25 - Aug 31 with 2465 views49thseason

Well, at least he is Irish!..... In a Lutonish sort of way.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 14:26]
New signing on 14:32 - Aug 31 with 2275 viewsFrog

Not as exciting as signing Paul Connor for £150k all those years ago, will we ever spend that kind of money again?
New signing on 14:38 - Aug 31 with 2227 viewsdingdangblue

If Keith's Keen - then I will trust his judgement.
I'm a little disappointed he hasn't previously scored against us though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New signing on 14:39 - Aug 31 with 2218 viewsaleanddale

New signing on 13:47 - Aug 31 by sweetcorn

Who the f**k is keith keane, may as well be keith f**king dodd, what a window we've had, recruited nothing but quality.

Who's Keith Dodd?????

Welcome Keith...

As others put if this allows cannon to flourish in midfield this will do for starters.

Good pedigree and well respected.

I still trust Hilly 100% with my team and who he recruits.
New signing on 14:40 - Aug 31 with 2198 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 14:32 - Aug 31 by Frog

Not as exciting as signing Paul Connor for £150k all those years ago, will we ever spend that kind of money again?

If we had momentum going into the new year, with gates on the increase, a real chance of promotion and a player with the right potential, I don't see why not. That's what we did with COG for a bit less outlay.

Ultimately, the £150k spent on Connor generated a lot of excitement and a few memorable goals but not much else in terms of success.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing on 14:46 - Aug 31 with 2139 viewsdingdangblue

New signing on 13:47 - Aug 31 by sweetcorn

Who the f**k is keith keane, may as well be keith f**king dodd, what a window we've had, recruited nothing but quality.

F**cking Keith Dodd!

Quality that!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New signing on 15:04 - Aug 31 with 2020 viewsParkinsGimp

Hi Fitz, I think we are all expecting a little more than another broken toy who cant even catch in the bottom side of League 2. Surely you have to agree yet another poor quality signing, certainly not one to inspire flaoting fans to flock back. The likes of Davies, RNL( again) , Thompson are clearly not good enough for League One, how can we expect to get out of the mire with poor quality like this running through the spine of our team.
New signing on 15:05 - Aug 31 with 2019 viewsnordenblue

New signing on 14:39 - Aug 31 by aleanddale

Who's Keith Dodd?????

Welcome Keith...

As others put if this allows cannon to flourish in midfield this will do for starters.

Good pedigree and well respected.

I still trust Hilly 100% with my team and who he recruits.

Ken's brother?
New signing on 15:05 - Aug 31 with 2022 viewsoddjob007

New signing on 13:55 - Aug 31 by bolton_dale

Agree with this, although would we not have been better just keeping Rose?

Rumour has it Keith tried to resign Rose on less money, after releasing him, only to be told Morecambe had offered him £2k a week!
New signing on 15:11 - Aug 31 with 1982 viewsRoChDaLe

New signing on 15:04 - Aug 31 by ParkinsGimp

Hi Fitz, I think we are all expecting a little more than another broken toy who cant even catch in the bottom side of League 2. Surely you have to agree yet another poor quality signing, certainly not one to inspire flaoting fans to flock back. The likes of Davies, RNL( again) , Thompson are clearly not good enough for League One, how can we expect to get out of the mire with poor quality like this running through the spine of our team.

You're being ridiculous. NML was picked up on a free after not making much of an impact at Cambridge whilst he was on loan there. McDermott's 2 previous clubs before joining us were Salford City and Ramsbottom. Clearly em-phasing that Hilly can pick up players from the leagues below us and make them a league one player. We simply don't have a bottomless pit to be paying big wages and competing with other league one clubs for higher division players. Its the Rochdale way and surely by now you've realised and accepted this?

how is anthony elding still in league one?

New signing on 15:35 - Aug 31 with 1837 viewsKnowlesy

New signing on 15:11 - Aug 31 by RoChDaLe

You're being ridiculous. NML was picked up on a free after not making much of an impact at Cambridge whilst he was on loan there. McDermott's 2 previous clubs before joining us were Salford City and Ramsbottom. Clearly em-phasing that Hilly can pick up players from the leagues below us and make them a league one player. We simply don't have a bottomless pit to be paying big wages and competing with other league one clubs for higher division players. Its the Rochdale way and surely by now you've realised and accepted this?

If it means that cannon can focus on becoming a good league 1 midfielder then that is a positive that clutch to. It's just not the squad boosting signing that everyone is praying for.

We were saying at the game the other day that apart from the centre backs as they were signed as necessary replacements and the signing of logan, we couldn't remember the last player that we signed and thought 'yeah, he'll be in the first team week in week out what a good signing.'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024