Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing 13:17 - Aug 31 with 21133 viewsSaxonDale

All the repetitive clicking of f5 on twitter has paid off,

Place your bets here, I'm going Charlie Comlynn-Platt.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 13:18]
New signing on 15:35 - Aug 31 with 3074 viewsmoth5368

New signing on 15:04 - Aug 31 by ParkinsGimp

Hi Fitz, I think we are all expecting a little more than another broken toy who cant even catch in the bottom side of League 2. Surely you have to agree yet another poor quality signing, certainly not one to inspire flaoting fans to flock back. The likes of Davies, RNL( again) , Thompson are clearly not good enough for League One, how can we expect to get out of the mire with poor quality like this running through the spine of our team.

You shouldn't be making any decision that ihe's a poor quality signing until he's played a number of games for us. Never mind withiut seeing him play at all.. Until then I'll withhold judgement & with your track record I'd do the same. It may prove to be an uninspired signing but only time will tell.
New signing on 15:44 - Aug 31 with 2996 viewslove_the_dale

New signing on 13:29 - Aug 31 by boromat

Well it is a Keith :-). But Keane from Cambridge a utility player just what we needed.

Sorry, I didn't mean to negative your post. I had my finger on the mouse and at my age it twitches when it wants! If I had been intending to vote, I would not have known whether I was supposed to make a decision based on the signing or on the sentiment you were expressing. If the latter, I would not have known if your comment was genuine or TIC - again, probably an age thing. Wake me when it's over. :)
New signing on 15:48 - Aug 31 with 2947 viewsrich_dale

Too much unwarranted negativity - here are some positives: experienced player but also right side of 30, played in Lge 1 and Championship, can play in a number of positions (mainly RB, CB, and CM where we need cover most), admired by Hilly, knows some of the players and the area, apparently liked by previous clubs' fans. As others have said, let's wait and see what he's like first.
New signing on 15:59 - Aug 31 with 2886 viewsYorkshire_Dale

New signing on 14:39 - Aug 31 by aleanddale

Who's Keith Dodd?????

Welcome Keith...

As others put if this allows cannon to flourish in midfield this will do for starters.

Good pedigree and well respected.

I still trust Hilly 100% with my team and who he recruits.

Keith Dodd is an Accountant in Southport.......does a free intro deal for Business Start ups!
New signing on 16:01 - Aug 31 with 2875 viewsDaleofthedead

New signing on 13:58 - Aug 31 by JimmyRustler

I'll tell you what I'm NOT expecting. Loanees from teams in lower divisions who can't get a game for their respective clubs. What makes him good enough for us if he isn't good enough for them? Or have Cambridge got Claude Makelele sitting in front of the back four?

Are we to assume you are expecting loanees from league one sides or above who are getting first team football? Why would any team loan out a player they need or want?
New signing on 16:01 - Aug 31 with 2875 viewsSalwaDale

A Luton legend according to a Luton supporting mate of mine. Lost his way a little since leaving.

TBBT

New signing on 16:19 - Aug 31 with 2745 viewsrafc1984

Some pretty embarrassing posts on this thread.
Hilly is not going to sign a bad player for the sake of it, he obviously likes what he has seen In Keane on previous performances that he has witnessed with his own eyes I would imagine, so let's give the best manger our club has ever had the benefit.

Welcome aboard Keith
New signing on 16:19 - Aug 31 with 2747 viewsdingdangblue

New signing on 15:59 - Aug 31 by Yorkshire_Dale

Keith Dodd is an Accountant in Southport.......does a free intro deal for Business Start ups!

bury could do with signing him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

New signing on 16:21 - Aug 31 with 2729 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 16:19 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

bury could do with signing him.

Especially as Rangers are after Nathan Cameron: http://the72.co.uk/63777/bury-defender-wanted-by-scottish-giants/

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New signing on 16:37 - Aug 31 with 2606 viewsaleanddale

Hi Fitz, I think we are all expecting a little more than another broken toy who cant even catch in the bottom side of League 2. Surely you have to agree yet another poor quality signing, certainly not one to inspire flaoting fans to flock back. The likes of Davies, RNL( again) , Thompson are clearly not good enough for League One, how can we expect to get out of the mire with poor quality like this running through the spine of our team.

Nice try gimp.... Wum...

Davies?? Really?? FFS.

Excellent cameo v MK and no service v the real Wimbledon.

Poor post that even attempting a wind up!
New signing on 16:43 - Aug 31 with 2562 viewsTomRAFC

We've made excellent signings from clubs lower than us before. People are just salivating at the idea of slagging Hilly off because we've had a rough start to the season.

He seems to have been popular with Preston, Luton and Cambridge fans. Let's see how he does after several games instead of decrying him as a disaster.

Left back now please.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New signing on 16:51 - Aug 31 with 2501 viewsTVOS1907

Didn't take you long.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New signing on 16:55 - Aug 31 with 2465 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 15:44 - Aug 31 by love_the_dale

Sorry, I didn't mean to negative your post. I had my finger on the mouse and at my age it twitches when it wants! If I had been intending to vote, I would not have known whether I was supposed to make a decision based on the signing or on the sentiment you were expressing. If the latter, I would not have known if your comment was genuine or TIC - again, probably an age thing. Wake me when it's over. :)

You want to be careful about your fingers making things twitch unintentionally.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New signing on 17:16 - Aug 31 with 2349 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 16:55 - Aug 31 by TVOS1907

You want to be careful about your fingers making things twitch unintentionally.

Depends if its a man or a mouse...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing on 17:35 - Aug 31 with 2229 viewsboromat

I'm also surprised by the negative posts. This is exactly the player Hill has been saying he's been after for weeks. Can play all the positions we need cover for RB, CB and defensive midfield. He's also got the experience that we're missing in midfield. He's played at the higher level with Luton and Preston. Guessing his choice to turn us down for Cambridge was down to money, location or both but hints at our financial standing when compared to L2 teams. It hasn't worked out at Cambridge down to injury by the sounds of it and not performances.

This is a player that should improve our squad and if he doesn't he can go in January. A shrewd signing by the sounds of it.

Don't think we'll see any more signings now.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New signing on 17:46 - Aug 31 with 2188 views1907

New signing on 17:35 - Aug 31 by boromat

I'm also surprised by the negative posts. This is exactly the player Hill has been saying he's been after for weeks. Can play all the positions we need cover for RB, CB and defensive midfield. He's also got the experience that we're missing in midfield. He's played at the higher level with Luton and Preston. Guessing his choice to turn us down for Cambridge was down to money, location or both but hints at our financial standing when compared to L2 teams. It hasn't worked out at Cambridge down to injury by the sounds of it and not performances.

This is a player that should improve our squad and if he doesn't he can go in January. A shrewd signing by the sounds of it.

Don't think we'll see any more signings now.

I think you could be right about the no more signings comment. I'm worried.
New signing on 18:19 - Aug 31 with 2060 viewsFrog

New signing on 17:46 - Aug 31 by 1907

I think you could be right about the no more signings comment. I'm worried.

Still time for free agents and loans so no panic..............................
New signing on 18:21 - Aug 31 with 2043 viewsscarrow

New signing on 18:19 - Aug 31 by Frog

Free agents after 11 tonight - not loans though

Poll: Final position

New signing on 18:24 - Aug 31 with 2026 viewsmacro

River Humphries has now signed for Bangor City
New signing on 18:52 - Aug 31 with 1881 views1907

New signing on 18:19 - Aug 31 by Frog

This is the problem. No emergency loans anymore. We're stuck with what we've got.
New signing on 18:57 - Aug 31 with 1849 viewsdingdangblue

Dale sign Keane and bury sign Kean.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFLZone/status/771041449131515908?p=v

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New signing on 19:22 - Aug 31 with 1680 views442Dale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/transfer-deadline-day-updat

No further activity expected.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New signing on 19:28 - Aug 31 with 1637 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 19:22 - Aug 31 by 442Dale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/transfer-deadline-day-updat

Bit disappointing. I had hoped for at least one more player to come in.

New signing on 19:32 - Aug 31 with 1616 viewsTalkingSutty

New signing on 19:22 - Aug 31 by 442Dale

That's fair enough, the fact that Hill is happy with the squad and feels they are more than capable of holding their own in League One is good enough for me.

In a squad of 20 + players there will always be 2 or 3 who you don't rate and that's how I feel but if the managers happy ( which he obviously is ) then let's rock and roll.
New signing on 19:37 - Aug 31 with 1589 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 19:32 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

That's fair enough, the fact that Hill is happy with the squad and feels they are more than capable of holding their own in League One is good enough for me.

In a squad of 20 + players there will always be 2 or 3 who you don't rate and that's how I feel but if the managers happy ( which he obviously is ) then let's rock and roll.

I just feel we're missing a bit of full backery.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024