Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing 13:17 - Aug 31 with 21256 viewsSaxonDale

All the repetitive clicking of f5 on twitter has paid off,

Place your bets here, I'm going Charlie Comlynn-Platt.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 13:18]
New signing on 09:59 - Sep 1 with 3597 viewsfitzochris

I think it’s an open secret that most Premier League clubs (and a fair few Championship ones) use academies as an additional revenue stream. They snap up young talent in the local area knowing only a very small percentage have a chance of making it into their first team. The rest, they know, will possess a certain sale value having been associated with the club’s ‘brand’.

Look at the likes of O’Shea, Donald Love and Paddy McNair etc.

I think players, even when they’re released by these clubs, don’t mind, as the ‘brand’ can help them find another club lower down the chain more easily.

I’m not saying that this is right, but a lot of academies are businesses.

Even ours is. Yes, we get first team players out of it, but they are encouraged to move on after a couple of years. That is from our own chairman’s mouth.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New signing on 10:47 - Sep 1 with 3512 viewsmacro

The academy is a vital revenue stream for Dale.

Camps, Allen, Cannon - if they all progress as expected all will eventually leave the club and hopefully make some serious money. With others such as Morley coming through as well it shows Rochdale are doing a very good job now.

It’d be interesting to see how many players from the last few FA Youth Cup winning sides have made it as pros.
New signing on 10:56 - Sep 1 with 3479 viewsdingdangblue

New signing on 10:47 - Sep 1 by macro

The academy is a vital revenue stream for Dale.

Camps, Allen, Cannon - if they all progress as expected all will eventually leave the club and hopefully make some serious money. With others such as Morley coming through as well it shows Rochdale are doing a very good job now.

It’d be interesting to see how many players from the last few FA Youth Cup winning sides have made it as pros.

I've just mentioned this on the other new signing thread but unfortunately Allen,Camps and Cannon are all in the last year of contract - if by some miracle they sign extensions then great - if not we ain't going to get 'serious money' now.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New signing on 11:27 - Sep 18 with 3196 viewsaleanddale

New signing on 13:39 - Aug 31 by Dale23years

Wow just wow

Getting bored of the shi t we are getting in loan

What a home debut!!!

Well played Keith Keane a definite mom contender.

Big performance from the team required now in the lions new den on Saturday!!!

Up the Dale!!!!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 11:27]
New signing on 08:06 - Sep 28 with 2636 viewsaleanddale

Keith Keane....

Take a bow !!

Some player this fella - those staying in the pub are missing a trick!!!
New signing on 12:44 - Sep 28 with 2496 viewsmacro

His experience and no nonsense attributes have helped steady the ship from the moment he came on at Bristol Rovers. How he doesn’t get into the Cambridge team I’ll never know.
New signing on 12:54 - Sep 28 with 2455 viewsaleanddale

New signing on 12:44 - Sep 28 by macro

His experience and no nonsense attributes have helped steady the ship from the moment he came on at Bristol Rovers. How he doesn’t get into the Cambridge team I’ll never know.

Maybe with Dale he gets the ball... Clears the ball.. Passes the ball and we have better players to do the magic.

Cambridge must have 10 others who are shite!!
New signing on 12:58 - Oct 10 with 2156 viewsrafc1984

Great player, really hope we can sign him in January.

I Wonder if any of the sh!te posted on earlier pages of this thread will be edited by posters, because they should.
Login to get fewer ads

New signing on 13:01 - Oct 10 with 2147 viewsaleanddale

New signing on 12:58 - Oct 10 by rafc1984

I Wonder if any of the sh!te posted on earlier pages of this thread will be edited by posters, because they should.

Quite right! But they won't!

Fantastic start to his Dale career.

Looks to be enjoying himself too....

Keano!!!!!!!
New signing on 13:02 - Oct 10 with 2148 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 12:58 - Oct 10 by rafc1984

Completely disagree

Shite should be left intact, to remind us all not to prejudge players before Hilly has a chance to set them free from the chains that've been dragging them down elsewhere

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing on 19:46 - Oct 10 with 1851 viewsBigDaveMyCock

What is so fantastic about Hilly is that he manages to constantly get performances out of unfashionable bargain basement signings, who he often signs against a backdrop of criticism, and youngsters that far exceeds that of players the calibre of which his critics wish he would sign. Just imagine the excitement if he'd had signed Ferdinand, Ranger and Fortune instead of Thompson, Keane and Davies? After Saturday who would swap any of our lot for any of that expensively assembled shower Southend had on show.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2016 19:51]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

New signing on 20:02 - Oct 10 with 1813 viewsrochedale

New signing on 19:46 - Oct 10 by BigDaveMyCock

What is so fantastic about Hilly is that he manages to constantly get performances out of unfashionable bargain basement signings, who he often signs against a backdrop of criticism, and youngsters that far exceeds that of players the calibre of which his critics wish he would sign. Just imagine the excitement if he'd had signed Ferdinand, Ranger and Fortune instead of Thompson, Keane and Davies? After Saturday who would swap any of our lot for any of that expensively assembled shower Southend had on show.

Perfectly put

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

New signing on 20:49 - Oct 10 with 1717 viewsdingdangblue

Brilliant - hopefully you can repeat this post on Saturday evening with Vaughan, Danns, Ismail and Pope.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

New signing on 21:23 - Oct 10 with 1629 viewsPDIDDY

New signing on 20:49 - Oct 10 by dingdangblue

Brilliant - hopefully you can repeat this post on Saturday evening with Vaughan, Danns, Ismail and Pope.

Pope won't be playing

Gissa job

New signing on 21:35 - Oct 10 with 1597 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 21:23 - Oct 10 by PDIDDY

Pope won't be playing

He'll be praying...

at the Vatican, daily.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New signing on 23:22 - Oct 10 with 1482 viewsdingdangblue

New signing on 21:23 - Oct 10 by PDIDDY

Pope won't be playing

He doesn't need to. The post was about SIGNING supposedly 'class' players as opposed to 'no ones heard of' players.
Try reading properly before commenting eh.

New signing on 10:10 - Oct 11 with 1306 viewsAtThePeake

New signing on 20:49 - Oct 10 by dingdangblue

Regardless of the result/Bury performance on Saturday, I'd still take all four of those players at Dale.

Tangled up in blue.

New signing on 11:39 - Oct 11 with 1226 viewsD_Alien

New signing on 10:10 - Oct 11 by AtThePeake

Regardless of the result/Bury performance on Saturday, I'd still take all four of those players at Dale.

I'd take Kane, Alli, Dier & Walker off Spurs but I reckon we'd have to break our salary cap to do so

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing on 12:45 - Oct 11 with 1158 viewsAtThePeake

New signing on 11:39 - Oct 11 by D_Alien

I'd take Kane, Alli, Dier & Walker off Spurs but I reckon we'd have to break our salary cap to do so

Dier might need to move on for some game time soon if Wanyama keeps playing as he has been doing.

Five wins on the spin for Spurs and six for Dale, happy days.

Tangled up in blue.

New signing on 13:31 - Oct 11 with 1098 viewsaleanddale

Nailed it there BDMC.

Perfectly put!.

Edit- we would have an extra 9 watching though
[Post edited 11 Oct 2016 13:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024