Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davies 17:34 - Sep 17 with 9448 viewsD_Alien

That's what he's there for.

Put the ball in the right place and he will score.

Today's winner will hopefully be the start of a new chapter in his career, he's got the ability, just needs the service.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Davies on 17:45 - Sep 17 with 6235 viewsdingdangblue

Great cross, keeper flapping, great header - just that bit of luck we needed (and deserved today) - hopefully we can build on this now as it showed last season what 1 win can do to your confidence.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Davies on 18:17 - Sep 17 with 6123 viewsDareToCalvin

A Davies and Andrew partnership up front is impossible to defend against in the box, especially late in the game. Hendo being subbed off was the right decision today when we were chasing a goal, Davies and Andrew won us the game; Davies obviously with the winner but Calvin as well for his defending, holding up of the ball and running down the clock. Can't think of many players better than him when it comes to pure strength and determination.
Davies on 18:24 - Sep 17 with 6092 viewsD_Alien

Davies on 18:17 - Sep 17 by DareToCalvin

A Davies and Andrew partnership up front is impossible to defend against in the box, especially late in the game. Hendo being subbed off was the right decision today when we were chasing a goal, Davies and Andrew won us the game; Davies obviously with the winner but Calvin as well for his defending, holding up of the ball and running down the clock. Can't think of many players better than him when it comes to pure strength and determination.

Agree with that. A word too, for Odelusi who seems to be settling down and offers something different. Not seen him give the ball away yet!

Given the issues which forced Hilly's hand with the line up, he got every decision right today, including all the subs. Good to see Hendo taking it well and handing the armband over to Matty Lund.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Davies on 18:30 - Sep 17 with 6050 viewsDareToCalvin

Davies on 18:24 - Sep 17 by D_Alien

Agree with that. A word too, for Odelusi who seems to be settling down and offers something different. Not seen him give the ball away yet!

Given the issues which forced Hilly's hand with the line up, he got every decision right today, including all the subs. Good to see Hendo taking it well and handing the armband over to Matty Lund.

Agreed, Odelusi gives us a different option when he plays. Think he could turn out to be a good signing, I can see him improving under Hill like Calvin did.
Glad to see Hendo has calmed down a bit now as well.
Davies on 18:36 - Sep 17 with 6008 viewsnordenblue

Davies on 18:24 - Sep 17 by D_Alien

I'm a big fan of Hendo but thought he was very poor today,apart from the chance he did well with but put narrowly over the top he was anonymous in the main.
Like the look of Davies looked strong and pretty mobile too,Calvin does a good job every time I see him,he's limited granted but has the making of a decent player and his effort and ability in the air will always cause problems.
Fully deserved win from where I was stood..
Davies on 22:14 - Sep 17 with 5668 viewsboromat

For me Davies still doesn't look fit enough like Calvin when he first came. Expect to see him have a good second half to the season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Davies on 10:55 - Sep 19 with 5268 viewsaleanddale

Will only get fitter with Hilly magic dust....

Right place right time great cross from Bunney - back of the net = 3 points.

Off and running now and cannot wait for the next game!
Davies on 14:17 - Sep 19 with 5010 viewsChaffRAFC

Davies will be a real asset for us I think. People have been slagging him off but I keep saying he's not getting any service, the first real bit of service he's had and boom, our first win.

He reminds me very much Paul Connor in his style of play. Some said he reminds them of Holt which is also fair but the lad has been bought for £750,000 twice in his career, that alone tells you there is a good player in there, as does his goalscoring record at a higher level.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Davies on 14:24 - Sep 19 with 4995 viewsaleanddale

Look and build of Holty too.

Not sure he plays exactly the same way..

Could be a really good signing for Dale I have been impressed so far.
Davies on 08:04 - Sep 28 with 4499 viewsaleanddale

Davies on 14:24 - Sep 19 by aleanddale

Look and build of Holty too.

Not sure he plays exactly the same way..

Could be a really good signing for Dale I have been impressed so far.

Getting fitter....

Looks like Dale could be a good fit for the lad.
Davies on 08:11 - Sep 28 with 4473 viewsColDale

Did Phil Parkinson not release Davies at the end of last season?
Davies on 08:31 - Sep 28 with 4410 viewsdingdangblue

Davies on 08:11 - Sep 28 by ColDale

Did Phil Parkinson not release Davies at the end of last season?

Yes Parkinson got rid of him before he left Bradford. Best game by far last night, looked leaner, fitter and was chasing down up to the 94th minute. What a finish too! Hilly's words about his condition are obviously having the desired effect - he was almost taunting him to go prove him wrong! Keep it up Steven.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Davies on 08:39 - Sep 28 with 4397 viewsroccydaleian

Davies on 14:17 - Sep 19 by ChaffRAFC

Davies will be a real asset for us I think. People have been slagging him off but I keep saying he's not getting any service, the first real bit of service he's had and boom, our first win.

He reminds me very much Paul Connor in his style of play. Some said he reminds them of Holt which is also fair but the lad has been bought for £750,000 twice in his career, that alone tells you there is a good player in there, as does his goalscoring record at a higher level.

Good post Chaff. Now I Know it'll irk you, but can you give JB some praise for his recent performances?
Davies on 09:14 - Sep 28 with 4319 viewsaleanddale

Davies is THAT good he has started playing a one two with the oppo centre half before slamming the ball home!!
Davies on 10:44 - Sep 28 with 4158 viewsdingdangblue

Davies on 09:14 - Sep 28 by aleanddale

Davies is THAT good he has started playing a one two with the oppo centre half before slamming the ball home!!

He's always been good on trick shots.

Davies on 14:10 - Sep 28 with 3953 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Davies on 09:14 - Sep 28 by aleanddale

And I was THAT impressed I found myself bowing to them at the final whistle
Davies on 15:38 - Sep 28 with 3841 viewsDaleiLama

Good with two feet as well. Cross came in from his right foot and he blasted it into the top corner with his left peg. Seems just as comfortable shooting with either foot. More like Ronnie O'Sullivan than Steve Davies then?!?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/steve-davies/alletore/spieler/49552

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Davies on 16:00 - Sep 28 with 3801 viewsChaffRAFC

Davies on 08:39 - Sep 28 by roccydaleian

Good post Chaff. Now I Know it'll irk you, but can you give JB some praise for his recent performances?

To be fair, I didn't go last night as I was working but he had a very good game against Fleetwood and supposedly again at the weekend so fair play to him for taking his chance at left back. Well done Joe, keep it up.

Anymore cheek from you though Roccy and I'm barring you from my work!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Davies on 18:06 - Sep 28 with 3627 viewsroccydaleian

Davies on 16:00 - Sep 28 by ChaffRAFC

To be fair, I didn't go last night as I was working but he had a very good game against Fleetwood and supposedly again at the weekend so fair play to him for taking his chance at left back. Well done Joe, keep it up.

I'm done at the riviera now. Back to shopping at the shambles.
Davies on 18:37 - Sep 28 with 3543 viewsTVOS1907

Davies on 16:00 - Sep 28 by ChaffRAFC

Does he come into the shop with his glasses perched on the end of his nose like Professor Yaffle from Bagpuss?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Davies on 18:41 - Sep 28 with 3528 viewsColDale

Davies on 18:37 - Sep 28 by TVOS1907

Does he come into the shop with his glasses perched on the end of his nose like Professor Yaffle from Bagpuss?

I'd be very impressed if you knew it was Yaffle without googling. I'd have gone for an early Wenger myself.
Davies on 19:03 - Sep 28 with 3473 viewsTVOS1907

Davies on 18:41 - Sep 28 by ColDale

I'd be very impressed if you knew it was Yaffle without googling. I'd have gone for an early Wenger myself.

Be impressed, although tbf, I had it as my avatar once when it was first spotted.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Davies on 10:18 - Oct 9 with 2990 viewsaleanddale

Superb yesterday again!!

For all the reasons OD mentioned!!

Some player this lad.
Davies on 15:45 - Oct 9 with 2861 viewsolympicdale

Davies on 10:18 - Oct 9 by aleanddale

Superb yesterday again!!

For all the reasons OD mentioned!!

Some player this lad.

First game I've seen him play in and was really impressed, his hold up play is as good as any player at this level, he looks to have a good understanding with NML already, a front three full of power and skill.

Life is a game of fate.

Davies on 09:02 - Nov 22 with 2310 viewsaleanddale

4 goals in a week for Davies....

More of the same tonight fingers crossed!

Up the Dale!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024