Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hogan (wishful thinking) 00:25 - Sep 20 with 4519 viewsJimlidale

Here is my wishful thoughts re Mr Hogan. 1. He continues scoring and assisting 2.He is unable to play in the FA cup third round match (nothing serious to stop him doing so of course) so he isnt't cup tied. 3. Come January a mid table premier league club are short on strikers/attacking players. £X million to Brentford and kerching kerching to The Dale.
4. Mr Hill uses some of that money to strengthen the team.
5.The board use some to invest in the gounds infrastructure
Hogan (wishful thinking) on 10:25 - Sep 20 with 4311 views100notout

The best thing that could happen is for Scott to keep scoring, finish top scorer in the championship, Brentford get promoted and a bidding war starts next summer amongst the big boys, with offers too good (for Brentford) to turn down

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 10:31 - Sep 20 with 4296 viewsD_Alien

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 10:25 - Sep 20 by 100notout

The best thing that could happen is for Scott to keep scoring, finish top scorer in the championship, Brentford get promoted and a bidding war starts next summer amongst the big boys, with offers too good (for Brentford) to turn down

Agree with this. Plus, any income from a January sale would almost certainly filter through to Dale too late to influence our own recruitment before the summer, whereas most summer transfers for upwardly mobile championship players tend to be done and dusted in good time.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 10:45 - Sep 20 with 4271 viewsDaleiLama

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 10:31 - Sep 20 by D_Alien

Agree with this. Plus, any income from a January sale would almost certainly filter through to Dale too late to influence our own recruitment before the summer, whereas most summer transfers for upwardly mobile championship players tend to be done and dusted in good time.

Putting profits from selling players towards new recruitment ........ you've started your liquid lunch early today?!?

I'll have a pint of whatever that man's drinking!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 10:57 - Sep 20 with 4243 viewsD_Alien

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 10:45 - Sep 20 by DaleiLama

Putting profits from selling players towards new recruitment ........ you've started your liquid lunch early today?!?

I'll have a pint of whatever that man's drinking!

I'm not even out of bed yet! Late night last night, after a long and very pleasant day out, liquid refreshment included

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 11:05 - Sep 20 with 4226 viewsDaleiLama

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 10:57 - Sep 20 by D_Alien

I'm not even out of bed yet! Late night last night, after a long and very pleasant day out, liquid refreshment included

Ahhh the, joys of retirement .............. one day!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 11:12 - Sep 20 with 4211 viewsD_Alien

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 11:05 - Sep 20 by DaleiLama

Ahhh the, joys of retirement .............. one day!

I'll wish you many, many days!

I can confirm I wasn't wasting my time and hard-earned income drinking pisswater in Dubai!

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 11:27 - Sep 20 with 4180 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I don't think some of this is entirely wishful thinking....football is all about the now, no-one has patience to grow talent and if you're on form....you're worth money (see Andy Carroll's season at Newcastle before Liverpool)

15 million isn't out of the question for a Championship striker banging them in. We'd get what....3-3.25 million?...and then the subsequent performance achievement bonuses and sell-ons etc. Could be an interesting January.

Not bad for a player we shoved off to non-League!! :-)
Hogan (wishful thinking) on 12:14 - Sep 20 with 4107 viewsClivert

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 10:57 - Sep 20 by D_Alien

#workshy
Login to get fewer ads

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 16:00 - Sep 20 with 3850 viewsJumeirahDale

Worth remembering as well that even though he's been around our club on and off since 2009, the lad is still only 24. As well as being younger (just) than players like Grigg and Hourihane, it means a huge amount of upside potential compared to the guys who have "worked their way up" in the past but have been knocking on 30 by the time they've reached the PL.

Keep scoring Scotty lad!
Hogan (wishful thinking) on 16:24 - Sep 20 with 3792 viewsdingdangblue

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 16:00 - Sep 20 by JumeirahDale

Worth remembering as well that even though he's been around our club on and off since 2009, the lad is still only 24. As well as being younger (just) than players like Grigg and Hourihane, it means a huge amount of upside potential compared to the guys who have "worked their way up" in the past but have been knocking on 30 by the time they've reached the PL.

Keep scoring Scotty lad!

KEEP FIT SCOTTY LAD!

(he will always score goals)

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 23:06 - Sep 27 with 3203 views100notout

bags another one tonight and the bees up to 4th

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 08:49 - Oct 10 with 2760 viewsdingdangblue

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-brentford-strike

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/brentford-striker-scott-hogan-named-sky-bet-champi
[Post edited 10 Oct 2016 8:52]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hogan (wishful thinking) on 08:25 - Jan 9 with 1963 viewsaleanddale

A return to some September speculation!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024