Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National anthem protest 11:26 - Sep 23 with 7117 viewsBrighouseDale

Interesting read about sports teams in America refusing to stand for the Star Spangled Banner. Completely understand why they're doing it, especially in deprived areas where folk worry about being shot by police every time they leave the house...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37423901

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

National anthem protest on 23:38 - Sep 26 with 1493 viewsDaleiLama

National anthem protest on 22:17 - Sep 26 by pioneer

that assumes that police shootings should reflect crime rates. Why, police are shooting innocent people and at far greater rates among the black population than the white population.

Of course if The US government believed that all lives matter it would abolish the death penalty and change its foreign policy.

A lot of people are questioning how they are carrying out their duties - namely "To protect and serve" seems to have morphed into "to impose the law" regardless of the consequences and the level of force needed to do that (ultimately acting as judge and jury at the scene in some cases).

Of course, the police have to protect themselves first. There is also mounting pressure for mandatory cameras for all police officers. Aside from cost, it does seem a much more transparent way to operate and would hopefully diffuse a lot of problems by having actual evidence about what happened in shootings rather than a lot of speculation.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

National anthem protest on 08:39 - Sep 27 with 1445 viewsKenBoon

National anthem protest on 18:41 - Sep 26 by pioneer

Lies, damned lies and statistics, Hope the link works. Washington post from 11th July this year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-p

Even as a yoghut knitting liberal myself, I would take any statistical analysis from the Washington Post with the same pinch of salt i'd use for Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, Breitbart, Fox News and The Guardian.
National anthem protest on 10:47 - Sep 27 with 1424 viewsDaleiLama

National anthem protest on 23:38 - Sep 26 by DaleiLama

A lot of people are questioning how they are carrying out their duties - namely "To protect and serve" seems to have morphed into "to impose the law" regardless of the consequences and the level of force needed to do that (ultimately acting as judge and jury at the scene in some cases).

Of course, the police have to protect themselves first. There is also mounting pressure for mandatory cameras for all police officers. Aside from cost, it does seem a much more transparent way to operate and would hopefully diffuse a lot of problems by having actual evidence about what happened in shootings rather than a lot of speculation.

Beggars belief. Also begs the question how they are getting away with this and why they need to do it.

National anthem protest on 11:23 - Sep 27 with 1416 viewsD_Alien

National anthem protest on 10:47 - Sep 27 by DaleiLama

Beggars belief. Also begs the question how they are getting away with this and why they need to do it.

Gives a whole new meaning to 'hoodies'

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

National anthem protest on 11:45 - Sep 27 with 1397 viewsKenBoon

National anthem protest on 10:47 - Sep 27 by DaleiLama

On his Twitter bio... "Senior Justice Writer @NYDailyNews; #BlackLivesMatter;"

He may well be correct. Or they may well just be doing maintenance on the cars. They're just still photos of cars with their bonnets up, no video of this happening. Modern journalism is so narrative driven it's difficult to trust any, which is sad because valid points and arguments get lost in the general mistrust. I wouldn't automatically trust a Fox News report on gun control or affordable health care being a bad thing, likewise I wouldn't automatically trust a "Senior Justice Writer" tweeting pictures of Police Cars with a scary story accompanying it.

A little more research shows... http://www.snopes.com/police-pop-hoods/
National anthem protest on 11:56 - Sep 27 with 1388 viewsDaleiLama

National anthem protest on 11:45 - Sep 27 by KenBoon

On his Twitter bio... "Senior Justice Writer @NYDailyNews; #BlackLivesMatter;"

He may well be correct. Or they may well just be doing maintenance on the cars. They're just still photos of cars with their bonnets up, no video of this happening. Modern journalism is so narrative driven it's difficult to trust any, which is sad because valid points and arguments get lost in the general mistrust. I wouldn't automatically trust a Fox News report on gun control or affordable health care being a bad thing, likewise I wouldn't automatically trust a "Senior Justice Writer" tweeting pictures of Police Cars with a scary story accompanying it.

A little more research shows... http://www.snopes.com/police-pop-hoods/

Makes sense. Didn't quite pass the sniff test initially, as how could this be justified if dashcam footage was subsequently requested and all you got was paint?

Good bit of snooping KB!

National anthem protest on 15:44 - Sep 27 with 1335 viewspioneer

There was a high profile case at the time of the G20 summit in Toronto a few years ago where police officers refused to wear their name badges against police authority policy.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/nearly-100-toronto-officers-to-be-di
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024