Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No fear 17:01 - Sep 24 with 6542 views442Dale

Its clear we can't defend very well, so if nothing else we have now discovered that going at teams produces results.

Sounded like a 4-4-2/4-2-4in the second half, with the wide players being forwards and Bunney producing crosses of high quality when pushing on. Keep it up, nothing lost in taking games to the opposition.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

No fear on 12:13 - Sep 25 with 1619 views442Dale

No fear on 12:06 - Sep 25 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

Excellent subs indeed. Allowed us to move forward quickly, which unsettled them.

Didn't see any variation of a 4-4-2 though. Andrew spent most of the game coming from a wide position, and was excellent. Odelusi's best display also, played in behind Davies when he came on. Wouldn't be surprised to see the team that finished, start on Tuesday.

Fair enough, it was going off what they said on GMR - Andrew and Henderson wide, Davies and Odelusi central. Also, Hill makes mention in the Youtube interview of Lund and Camps playing in a four after the changes.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 12:15]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

No fear on 12:15 - Sep 25 with 1613 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

No fear on 11:59 - Sep 25 by D_Alien

It's not about specifying the type of injury, simply that the player wasn't available through injury - that clears up any misunderstanding and stops idiots from speculating about fallings out etc.

Also gives next weeks opposition summat else to wonder about, incidentally, and in direct counter to your point i.e. will he be available or not

[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 12:09]

Idiots will speculate about fallings out etc. even if he came and out said players were injured. Because they're idiots.

The "will he be available or not" point, surely our point is exactly the same? That's what they'll be wondering, and it may cause slight confusion. Marginal gains!
No fear on 13:37 - Sep 25 with 1490 viewsDaley_Lama

Without scouting, knowing the 11 names on the teamsheet would be useless.

I know the 11 names on Barstonworthe United's teamsheet for example, but i have no clue how to set up against them as i don't know if Heggarty F is a left sided full back or a striker.

Poll: DF in or out

No fear on 14:30 - Sep 25 with 1419 viewsD_Alien

No fear on 13:37 - Sep 25 by Daley_Lama

Without scouting, knowing the 11 names on the teamsheet would be useless.

I know the 11 names on Barstonworthe United's teamsheet for example, but i have no clue how to set up against them as i don't know if Heggarty F is a left sided full back or a striker.

DL... NO-ONE is saying scouting isn't a vital part of preparing for football matches

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No fear on 15:56 - Sep 25 with 1315 viewsmacro

No fear on 12:06 - Sep 25 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

Excellent subs indeed. Allowed us to move forward quickly, which unsettled them.

Didn't see any variation of a 4-4-2 though. Andrew spent most of the game coming from a wide position, and was excellent. Odelusi's best display also, played in behind Davies when he came on. Wouldn't be surprised to see the team that finished, start on Tuesday.

Now I thought Odelusi was poor, throwing himself on the floor and giving the ball away too easily
No fear on 17:01 - Sep 25 with 1255 viewsAtThePeake

No fear on 22:15 - Sep 24 by nordenblue

I'm fully aware of the depths,but teams like the Sheffield Utds of this world whilst playing Done and Sharp up top won't be too bothered who we play at the back,their midfield will pick itself as will their defence.
Our personnel won't really influence their decision making too much

I think it's more done for the players themselves anyway. The players will be issued instructions on the opponent they'll be facing and they'll study those instructions themselves during the week. For example an opposition full-back against Dale may be instructed that McDermott likes to cut in from the wing and take curling inswinging shots/crosses towards goal, so they may be instructed to try and show him wide where possible. Things like that. It may not always influence who starts although in many cases, including at Dale, I believe it does.

The depth that teams go into when planning for their next game is huge, every team in this division will have a dedicated analyst or two who will produce meticulous reports for the coaching staff on upcoming opponents and the coaching staff will use these reports to issue instructions on the opposition . It's naive to think teams like Sheffield United turn up and expect to win games in this division without planning for the opposition they're facing. Even Premier League teams will study lower league teams when they play them in the cup.

Tangled up in blue.

No fear on 18:20 - Sep 25 with 1168 viewsnordenblue

No fear on 17:01 - Sep 25 by AtThePeake

I think it's more done for the players themselves anyway. The players will be issued instructions on the opponent they'll be facing and they'll study those instructions themselves during the week. For example an opposition full-back against Dale may be instructed that McDermott likes to cut in from the wing and take curling inswinging shots/crosses towards goal, so they may be instructed to try and show him wide where possible. Things like that. It may not always influence who starts although in many cases, including at Dale, I believe it does.

The depth that teams go into when planning for their next game is huge, every team in this division will have a dedicated analyst or two who will produce meticulous reports for the coaching staff on upcoming opponents and the coaching staff will use these reports to issue instructions on the opposition . It's naive to think teams like Sheffield United turn up and expect to win games in this division without planning for the opposition they're facing. Even Premier League teams will study lower league teams when they play them in the cup.

I'm more than aware of the planning it was in full swing when I stopped playing semi not too long ago,but teams won't change/select personel in general to combat playing Rochdale which is what the original point was, when asking who is/isnt fit to play, they will have their stall set out well before we turn up.

Admittedly they tweak things dependant on who the opposition actually select but again they won't know that till 90mins before kick off anyway so pretty pointless being too meticulous,granted they will know certain players have certain tendencies from scouting too.
No fear on 07:27 - Sep 27 with 878 viewsaleanddale

Nothing to fear tonight!!

More of the same and the lads will be growing in confidence!!

Up the Dale!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024