Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendance v Bolton???? 15:56 - Sep 26 with 4921 views100notout

Would have thought they'd bring more than 2000 so 4500 in total?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Attendance v Bolton???? on 16:30 - Sep 26 with 4867 viewsClivert

The club tweeted earlier that Bolton had sold just under 3000 tickets.

A 'massive' club like Bolton should really be selling out this fixture even with it being a Tuesday night.
Attendance v Bolton???? on 16:45 - Sep 26 with 4825 views100notout

Attendance v Bolton???? on 16:30 - Sep 26 by Clivert

A 'massive' club like Bolton should really be selling out this fixture even with it being a Tuesday night.

ok I'll go for 5000

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Attendance v Bolton???? on 16:57 - Sep 26 with 4793 viewsroccydaleian

Can we summat like this at half time please.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2016 20:14]
Attendance v Bolton???? on 17:01 - Sep 26 with 4776 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Attendance v Bolton???? on 16:45 - Sep 26 by 100notout

ok I'll go for 5000

Manchester City Ladies got 4000 plus yesterday (against Chelsea)......
Attendance v Bolton???? on 18:23 - Sep 26 with 4596 viewsLuke8686

Attendance v Bolton???? on 06:51 - Sep 27 with 4209 viewsaleanddale

Attendance v Bolton???? on 16:57 - Sep 26 by roccydaleian

Can we summat like this at half time please.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2016 20:14]

Fantastic!!!

Attendance v Bolton???? on 10:15 - Sep 27 with 4022 viewsdingdangblue

Attendance v Bolton???? on 16:30 - Sep 26 by Clivert

I predict major problems around the ground tonight. There's no way everyone is going to be in the stadium come 7.45. Especially with Mellor St still closed. Traffic is going to be horrendous.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Attendance v Bolton???? on 11:02 - Sep 27 with 3961 viewsaleanddale

Attendance v Bolton???? on 10:15 - Sep 27 by dingdangblue

I predict major problems around the ground tonight. There's no way everyone is going to be in the stadium come 7.45. Especially with Mellor St still closed. Traffic is going to be horrendous.

Good Point DDB but not many will use Mellor St tonight.

Bolton will come in via Bury and the top road..

or off at J20 and up Roch Valley Way.

Regardless its a good idea for any Trotter visiting this board to put the word out - come early - park early and spend your cash in the stadium!!

5000 we are talking here not 50 000...
Login to get fewer ads

Attendance v Bolton???? on 12:54 - Sep 27 with 3750 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Attendance v Bolton???? on 13:00 - Sep 27 with 3722 viewsdingdangblue

Attendance v Bolton???? on 11:02 - Sep 27 by aleanddale

Good Point DDB but not many will use Mellor St tonight.

Bolton will come in via Bury and the top road..

or off at J20 and up Roch Valley Way.

Regardless its a good idea for any Trotter visiting this board to put the word out - come early - park early and spend your cash in the stadium!!

5000 we are talking here not 50 000...

Mellor St being closed means more traffic down Spotland Road though. The away coaches must normally go that way as I noticed there are signs on bury road directing away coaches down past Mellor St and towards Spotland road instead? I know most home fans struggle to get to Spotland for 7.45 on night matches as even with a low crowd the queues at 7.35 onwards are pretty bad.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Attendance v Bolton???? on 14:36 - Sep 27 with 3569 viewsrochedale

3428 from Bolton according to a Bolton fan pal...

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Attendance v Bolton???? on 14:38 - Sep 27 with 3561 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Attendance v Bolton???? on 14:36 - Sep 27 by rochedale

Plus a fair few in the Home ends.........last minute like.
Attendance v Bolton???? on 14:57 - Sep 27 with 3518 viewsDaleiLama

Attendance v Bolton???? on 14:36 - Sep 27 by rochedale

Saw a new record has been set in the US for their footy (below) - approximately the number who will attend the COA in 2 seasons the way crowds are trending - to see the equivalent of University students battle it out in 1 game. Crazy.

"There’s a new sheriff in town when it comes to American football attendance records. On Saturday evening, as anticipated for nearly three years, the Battle at Bristol between No. 9 Tennessee and Virginia Tech officially reigned in the highest attendance for an American football game in history: a record 156,990 fans were on hand to watch the game".

Curious to see which live sporting event attracted highest crowds, so did a quick check on Wiki and F1 crowd average comes a little higher than this, with Badminton cross country @ ~250k and TdF gets ~571k.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Attendance v Bolton???? on 15:07 - Sep 27 with 3490 viewsdingdangblue

Official now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OfficialBWFC/status/780753702101606400?p=v
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 15:09]

Attendance v Bolton???? on 15:31 - Sep 27 with 3407 viewsnotlob58

The Dale site and other ones that have copied the info seem to try to get you to park at Oulder Hil, is it worth doing that or is street parking somewhere further down Sandy Lane a better bet ?
Attendance v Bolton???? on 15:35 - Sep 27 with 3396 viewspioneer

Attendance v Bolton???? on 14:57 - Sep 27 by DaleiLama

Saw a new record has been set in the US for their footy (below) - approximately the number who will attend the COA in 2 seasons the way crowds are trending - to see the equivalent of University students battle it out in 1 game. Crazy.

"There’s a new sheriff in town when it comes to American football attendance records. On Saturday evening, as anticipated for nearly three years, the Battle at Bristol between No. 9 Tennessee and Virginia Tech officially reigned in the highest attendance for an American football game in history: a record 156,990 fans were on hand to watch the game".

Curious to see which live sporting event attracted highest crowds, so did a quick check on Wiki and F1 crowd average comes a little higher than this, with Badminton cross country @ ~250k and TdF gets ~571k.

There has been a trend in NA sports for holding one of games in 'unusual' (not traditional stadium) settings, often that accomodate far more than the normal setting. It probably started when the college basketball (March Madness) took its final weekend to NFL stadia - which tend to hold 4-5 times more than traditional basketball stadia. NHL ice hockey now play themes winter outdoor games in NFL stadiums and the college footy game you mention was played at a NASCAR track! They even played a college basketball game on an aircraft carrier last year.

In terms of crowds in established traditional settings Indianapolis Motor Speedway usually has 400,000 for the annual Indy 500. I went one year and it was an amazing experience. I think that takes some beating for a one day event. I presume the TdF is for the entire tour - am I right?
Attendance v Bolton???? on 15:46 - Sep 27 with 3357 viewsdingdangblue

Attendance v Bolton???? on 15:31 - Sep 27 by notlob58

The Dale site and other ones that have copied the info seem to try to get you to park at Oulder Hil, is it worth doing that or is street parking somewhere further down Sandy Lane a better bet ?

You'll be lucky if you can get street parking around Sandy Lane. Traffic nightmare tonight.

Attendance v Bolton???? on 15:50 - Sep 27 with 3337 viewsClivert

Attendance v Bolton???? on 15:46 - Sep 27 by dingdangblue

You'll be lucky if you can get street parking around Sandy Lane. Traffic nightmare tonight.

Temporary lights have gone up on Edenfield road today, hopefully whatever work that is being done will have finished by the end of the working day otherwise anyone looking for parking spots around Passmonds/Cutgate areas might have a long wait!
Attendance v Bolton???? on 15:51 - Sep 27 with 3333 viewsDaleiLama

Attendance v Bolton???? on 15:35 - Sep 27 by pioneer

There has been a trend in NA sports for holding one of games in 'unusual' (not traditional stadium) settings, often that accomodate far more than the normal setting. It probably started when the college basketball (March Madness) took its final weekend to NFL stadia - which tend to hold 4-5 times more than traditional basketball stadia. NHL ice hockey now play themes winter outdoor games in NFL stadiums and the college footy game you mention was played at a NASCAR track! They even played a college basketball game on an aircraft carrier last year.

In terms of crowds in established traditional settings Indianapolis Motor Speedway usually has 400,000 for the annual Indy 500. I went one year and it was an amazing experience. I think that takes some beating for a one day event. I presume the TdF is for the entire tour - am I right?

Only in America!!! Didn't realise the Indy 500 was 400k.

Tdf is 12m and 21 stages so they averaged it per stage I guess. I would imagine the iconic mountain stages and the Paris finale get many more. But I suspect as the TdF also goes past people's doors, they count the ones opening their front door to watch for a minute then they've all whooshed past and the door shuts again as they go back to the telly.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Attendance v Bolton???? on 15:52 - Sep 27 with 3328 viewsnotlob58

Cheers dingdangblue, I've not been over to Spotland since watching Hornets back in the early 90s so I might try the school which I'm guessing could be a simpler option before the game if we get there early and a total nightmare after.
Attendance v Bolton???? on 16:24 - Sep 27 with 3234 viewsdingdangblue

Attendance v Bolton???? on 15:52 - Sep 27 by notlob58

Cheers dingdangblue, I've not been over to Spotland since watching Hornets back in the early 90s so I might try the school which I'm guessing could be a simpler option before the game if we get there early and a total nightmare after.

I think wherever you park tonight its going to be a nightmare after the game like you said. If you don't mind a 10-15 min walk you might be better looking around bury road side streets. Certainly Sandy Lane is going to be very tricky especially if you go on Oulder Hill car park.

Attendance v Bolton???? on 19:09 - Sep 27 with 2943 viewsDomDale

If they've sold over 3,4K we really should hope for 6k. About an attractive a home fixture we can get and on the back of 2 wins.

On a side note I think today's the first time I'm actually looking forward to hearing scores of whinging Bolton fans post match on BBC Radio Boltonchester

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Attendance v Bolton???? on 21:25 - Sep 27 with 2750 viewsfrenzied

6,011. Very good
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024