Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Silly Samuel. 23:16 - Sep 26 with 6846 views442Dale

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-investigation-england-manag

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Silly Samuel. on 15:58 - Sep 27 with 2020 viewspioneer

Silly Samuel. on 12:45 - Sep 27 by mingthemerciless

Peter Swan ( who was England's centre half at the time ), Tony Kay ( who had just made the England team ), and David " Bronco " Layne were banned for life for betting on games they played in during the 1960's. Kay, who was in his prime and could have easily made the 1966 World Cup winning team, ( a Nobby Stiles type player who could actually play football ) never played pro football again.

Peter Swan later made a comeback for . . . . . that team from t'other side of Heywood (Notts Cheaty must not have wanted him!). His ban had been reduced (on appeal presumably) to 8 years and he did time in Lincoln Jail.
I recall him playing for the mongs at Spotland, possibly in a pre season friendly in 1973-74 after he was 'reinstated'. I think he led them to promotion that year but didnt stay.
Silly Samuel. on 18:03 - Sep 27 with 1895 viewsD_Alien

I guess having Malta up next in a couple of weeks gives the FA a tiny bit of breathing space. We should be able to put a team onto the pitch without a manager for that one.

Sam (or someone else) is due to name the squad for that fixture on Sunday. I'm sure Sammy Lee would be delighted to accept that temporary honour. Whoever it is, I hope we never hear the words "Rooney can play wherever he wants" or anything similar ever again.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Silly Samuel. on 19:49 - Sep 27 with 1773 viewsfrenzied

Silly Samuel. on 18:03 - Sep 27 by D_Alien

I guess having Malta up next in a couple of weeks gives the FA a tiny bit of breathing space. We should be able to put a team onto the pitch without a manager for that one.

Sam (or someone else) is due to name the squad for that fixture on Sunday. I'm sure Sammy Lee would be delighted to accept that temporary honour. Whoever it is, I hope we never hear the words "Rooney can play wherever he wants" or anything similar ever again.

Gone by mutual consent
Silly Samuel. on 19:51 - Sep 27 with 1769 viewsmacro

Silly Samuel. on 19:49 - Sep 27 by frenzied

Gone by mutual consent

Fired in other words. Pearson allegedly involved as well and suspended by derby
Silly Samuel. on 19:55 - Sep 27 with 1758 viewsfrenzied

Southgate takes over for next 4 games...

Elswhere ALF scores for Wigan..Bury one up
Silly Samuel. on 19:59 - Sep 27 with 1751 viewsArthurDaley

Oh dear. It was (er) good while it lasted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3808763/England-manager-Sam-Allardyce-40

A large VAT Dave

Silly Samuel. on 20:05 - Sep 27 with 1728 viewschalkyncfc

Chuffed to bits,Judas has finally got his money obsessed comeuppance, what goes around,comes around
Silly Samuel. on 20:08 - Sep 27 with 1715 viewsfitzochris

Silly Samuel. on 20:05 - Sep 27 by chalkyncfc

Chuffed to bits,Judas has finally got his money obsessed comeuppance, what goes around,comes around

Fook off Chalky.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Silly Samuel. on 21:27 - Sep 27 with 1602 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Fook off chalky

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Silly Samuel. on 21:49 - Sep 27 with 1540 viewsolympicdale

I don't buy in to this argument that he was badly advised with this 'meeting' He's a grown man, he's an established football man, he should have known better, end of. I feel no sympathy for him, he's shot himself in the foot, still can't believe it, embarrassing doesn't do it justice.

Life is a game of fate.

Silly Samuel. on 22:09 - Sep 27 with 1468 viewsD_Dale

Bolton fans singing "He's fat, he's bent, he's always there to rent, Allardyce!"
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 22:11]
Silly Samuel. on 22:18 - Sep 27 with 1439 viewschalkyncfc

Good riddance, he must be unbelieverbly greedy not to be happy with £3m a year contract,he had to grasp for a little bit more
The past two months have meant nothing,NOTHING
Silly Samuel. on 22:26 - Sep 27 with 1406 views442Dale

Silly Samuel. on 22:18 - Sep 27 by chalkyncfc

Good riddance, he must be unbelieverbly greedy not to be happy with £3m a year contract,he had to grasp for a little bit more
The past two months have meant nothing,NOTHING

Oh, that's clever.

For what it's worth, the only decent Notts side I've seen was that one Allardyce managed. He's your benchmark.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Silly Samuel. on 22:32 - Sep 27 with 1382 viewschalkyncfc

Silly Samuel. on 22:26 - Sep 27 by 442Dale

Oh, that's clever.

For what it's worth, the only decent Notts side I've seen was that one Allardyce managed. He's your benchmark.

What even better than the one that won the league that time?
Silly Samuel. on 22:33 - Sep 27 with 1373 viewsTVOS1907

Silly Samuel. on 22:32 - Sep 27 by chalkyncfc

What even better than the one that won the league that time?

That one of Allardyce's won the league as well.

They weren't built on dishonesty.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Silly Samuel. on 22:34 - Sep 27 with 1273 viewsmacro

End of the day you have to be squeaky clean and big Sam hasn't been. It'll be interesting to see which other managers depart over this.
Silly Samuel. on 22:57 - Sep 27 with 1197 viewsnordenblue

I'm sure he'll not have a pot to piss in now....
Silly Samuel. on 23:19 - Sep 27 with 1156 viewsArthurDaley

Looks like there is a lot more to come.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/exclusive-eight-premier-league-man

A large VAT Dave

Silly Samuel. on 23:32 - Sep 27 with 1129 viewsShun

Silly Samuel. on 23:19 - Sep 27 by ArthurDaley

Looks like there is a lot more to come.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/exclusive-eight-premier-league-man

San Carlo is gorgeous though. And it really is like a game of celeb-spotting every time you go in. As is Wings, where Big Sam's transgressions were filmed.
Silly Samuel. on 09:48 - Sep 28 with 967 viewsDaley_Lama

The best thing out of this is that a new manager will be allowed to pick a new captain.

Poll: DF in or out

Silly Samuel. on 17:40 - Sep 28 with 889 viewsColDale

Not read every bit of the stuff but can't actually see what Big Sam has done wrong.

He's had some Far Eastern business men with more money than sense prepared to chuck most in his direction, that he admitted he would have to ask his bosses for permission.

He's made comments about Hodgson which whilst not exactly flattering were spot on.
His comments about Neville were more to do with the boss should make the decision.
He's described a way around 3rd party ownership which sounds a hell of a lot like the Pogba deal in the Summer.

We know he's never been whiter than white but in an industry bathing in gold, it's going to happen, and even the Telegraph has suggested that there might be up to a dozen of his peers who've been at it themselves.

You can argue saying that the head of English football needs to be squeaky clean, but we're such a mess at international level, we're in no position to be choosy. Should still be England manager, even if the alternative wasn't Southgate.
Silly Samuel. on 18:36 - Sep 28 with 849 viewsroccydaleian

Silly Samuel. on 18:42 - Sep 28 with 838 viewsD_Alien

Silly Samuel. on 17:40 - Sep 28 by ColDale

Not read every bit of the stuff but can't actually see what Big Sam has done wrong.

He's had some Far Eastern business men with more money than sense prepared to chuck most in his direction, that he admitted he would have to ask his bosses for permission.

He's made comments about Hodgson which whilst not exactly flattering were spot on.
His comments about Neville were more to do with the boss should make the decision.
He's described a way around 3rd party ownership which sounds a hell of a lot like the Pogba deal in the Summer.

We know he's never been whiter than white but in an industry bathing in gold, it's going to happen, and even the Telegraph has suggested that there might be up to a dozen of his peers who've been at it themselves.

You can argue saying that the head of English football needs to be squeaky clean, but we're such a mess at international level, we're in no position to be choosy. Should still be England manager, even if the alternative wasn't Southgate.

What's he apologised for then?

Silly Samuel. on 18:49 - Sep 28 with 825 viewsdingdangblue

Silly Samuel. on 18:42 - Sep 28 by D_Alien

What's he apologised for then?

Getting caught!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Silly Samuel. on 19:04 - Sep 28 with 803 viewsD_Alien

Silly Samuel. on 18:49 - Sep 28 by dingdangblue

Getting caught!

It's not that simple though, is it?

It's nowt to do with an England manager being 'whiter than white' either, there's others who haven't been without dismissal. As soon as the evidence was presented, Allardyce himself knew the game was up. It's a bit naive to defend someone who - despite having a skin thicker than a rhino - wasn't prepared to defend himself, and for good reason.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024