Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Silly Samuel. 23:16 - Sep 26 with 6887 views442Dale

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-investigation-england-manag

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Silly Samuel. on 00:00 - Sep 27 with 3698 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good old FatHead........hope his bosses are reading this stuff.

Silly Lad!
Silly Samuel. on 00:15 - Sep 27 with 3679 viewsD_Alien

Silly Samuel. on 00:00 - Sep 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

Silly Lad!

Reading this stuff? The FA have been sent the full facts via email.

Difficult to see how this can end well for Big Sam.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Silly Samuel. on 01:33 - Sep 27 with 3636 viewsdownunder

Who will be next for the Mike Bassett role?
Silly Samuel. on 06:23 - Sep 27 with 3567 viewsPorlicks

Paddy Power have him 5/6 to 'not be on the England bench' at the Malta game, and accordingly 5/6 to be there. Seems to be some value in the second option.

As people wake up to the morning papers those odds might start moving around. It certainly looks bad, but the FA have a lot invested in him, and I can't see them being pushed into the (correct) decision to fire him. Expect some apologies and promises over the next couple of days. Especially if the focus quickly moves on to another top-level manager.

Who are YOU with?

Silly Samuel. on 08:23 - Sep 27 with 3472 viewsmingthemerciless

I recently read Sam's autobiography while I was on holiday. The impression I got was that money and the acquisition of it seems to figure high on his list of priorities.

The " Torygraph " have had it in for Sam for a long while.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 8:24]
Silly Samuel. on 08:34 - Sep 27 with 3453 viewschalkyncfc

It comes as no surprise to me after the way he departured from Notts,he is obsessed by money and has no loyalty to those who employ him
Silly Samuel. on 08:52 - Sep 27 with 3418 viewsD_Alien

Silly Samuel. on 08:34 - Sep 27 by chalkyncfc

It comes as no surprise to me after the way he departured from Notts,he is obsessed by money and has no loyalty to those who employ him

And it comes as no surprise to us that you've turned up early doors for this one

In terms of money, I envisage a huge dilution of FA funds in terms of a payoff and mad scramble to find a replacement in quick time. Slaven Bilic, anyone?

Sam's alleged to have said summat like "I'll have to clear this with the FA" throughout the recordings, which may just help his legal people extract a payoff rather than a straightforward sacking.

Who suffers in all of this? The grassroots.

[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 8:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Silly Samuel. on 09:15 - Sep 27 with 3363 viewschalkyncfc

Silly Samuel. on 08:52 - Sep 27 by D_Alien

And it comes as no surprise to us that you've turned up early doors for this one

In terms of money, I envisage a huge dilution of FA funds in terms of a payoff and mad scramble to find a replacement in quick time. Slaven Bilic, anyone?

Sam's alleged to have said summat like "I'll have to clear this with the FA" throughout the recordings, which may just help his legal people extract a payoff rather than a straightforward sacking.

I turn up early doors every day,I may not reply to many posts but I read them all
Login to get fewer ads

Silly Samuel. on 09:40 - Sep 27 with 3318 viewsroccydaleian

Silly Samuel. on 09:15 - Sep 27 by chalkyncfc

I turn up early doors every day,I may not reply to many posts but I read them all

Fook off Chalky.
Silly Samuel. on 09:43 - Sep 27 with 3311 viewsAtThePeake

Silly Samuel. on 08:34 - Sep 27 by chalkyncfc

I obviously don't know the full story but as far as I can see, he left Notts County to join a bigger and better football club and you're still bitter about it now.

Tangled up in blue.

Silly Samuel. on 09:48 - Sep 27 with 3299 viewsroccydaleian

Silly Samuel. on 08:52 - Sep 27 by D_Alien

Silly Samuel. on 09:50 - Sep 27 with 3284 viewsdingdangblue

I'm not the biggest fan of Big Sam, but I'm not sure what the Telegraph hope comes out of this whole 'set up'. It all seems a bit seedy and underhand engineering a story like this.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Silly Samuel. on 09:57 - Sep 27 with 3279 viewshowy10

Silly Samuel. on 00:00 - Sep 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

Silly Lad!

Wasn't there a probe a few years back regarding him and his agent son taking brown envelope back-handers? Greedy git. He is everything I hate about the so-called modern game. Sack him immediately, with a prosecution to follow.
Silly Samuel. on 10:01 - Sep 27 with 3268 viewschalkyncfc

Silly Samuel. on 09:43 - Sep 27 by AtThePeake

I obviously don't know the full story but as far as I can see, he left Notts County to join a bigger and better football club and you're still bitter about it now.

We was top of the league,certainties for promotion,he was on a very well paid contract which I'm lead to believe he signed and then he shoved a note under Pavis's door stating that he had family problems up north, two weeks later joins Bolton on presumably a far better deal,we went into free fall afterwards,that's why I dislike him so much,if 'Kieth' did the same would you be fine with it?
Obviously its great news that he managed to sort out his family problems in those two weeks
Silly Samuel. on 10:07 - Sep 27 with 3252 viewsDaleFan7

Silly Samuel. on 10:01 - Sep 27 by chalkyncfc

We was top of the league,certainties for promotion,he was on a very well paid contract which I'm lead to believe he signed and then he shoved a note under Pavis's door stating that he had family problems up north, two weeks later joins Bolton on presumably a far better deal,we went into free fall afterwards,that's why I dislike him so much,if 'Kieth' did the same would you be fine with it?
Obviously its great news that he managed to sort out his family problems in those two weeks

If cheating the system with regards to money and hiding it or using it improperly is something he likes to do then it looks like County and Allardyce are a match made in heaven. Surprised he left!
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 10:08]
Silly Samuel. on 10:10 - Sep 27 with 3229 viewsdingdangblue

Silly Samuel. on 10:01 - Sep 27 by chalkyncfc

I bet he regrets making that move to Bolton every day of his life!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Silly Samuel. on 12:28 - Sep 27 with 3080 viewsD_Dale

Silly Samuel. on 09:50 - Sep 27 by dingdangblue

I'm not the biggest fan of Big Sam, but I'm not sure what the Telegraph hope comes out of this whole 'set up'. It all seems a bit seedy and underhand engineering a story like this.

Looks like the big story to get attention for what's to follow, that is:

"The Telegraph began investigating corruption in English football last year after receiving information that specific managers, officials and agents were taking or receiving cash payments to secure player transfers. Over the coming days the Telegraph will detail how:

The assistant manager of a high-profile football club accepted a £5,000 cash “bung”
Ten managers were named by players’ agents as taking bribes to fix player transfers
Two well-known managers discussed becoming ambassadors for the same fictitious firm as Sam Allardyce
Another high-profile manager admitted his players broke FA rules by betting on their own games but he failed to report it
A senior figure at a Premier League club helped undercover reporters to formulate a plan to bribe managers."

What's in it for the paper? A higher circulation presumably.

Can't think there'll be much about L1&2 clubs. And I'd be surprised if the ten bribe-taking managers are named on the word of agents.
Silly Samuel. on 12:45 - Sep 27 with 3010 viewsmingthemerciless

Silly Samuel. on 12:28 - Sep 27 by D_Dale

Looks like the big story to get attention for what's to follow, that is:

"The Telegraph began investigating corruption in English football last year after receiving information that specific managers, officials and agents were taking or receiving cash payments to secure player transfers. Over the coming days the Telegraph will detail how:

The assistant manager of a high-profile football club accepted a £5,000 cash “bung”
Ten managers were named by players’ agents as taking bribes to fix player transfers
Two well-known managers discussed becoming ambassadors for the same fictitious firm as Sam Allardyce
Another high-profile manager admitted his players broke FA rules by betting on their own games but he failed to report it
A senior figure at a Premier League club helped undercover reporters to formulate a plan to bribe managers."

What's in it for the paper? A higher circulation presumably.

Can't think there'll be much about L1&2 clubs. And I'd be surprised if the ten bribe-taking managers are named on the word of agents.

Peter Swan ( who was England's centre half at the time ), Tony Kay ( who had just made the England team ), and David " Bronco " Layne were banned for life for betting on games they played in during the 1960's. Kay, who was in his prime and could have easily made the 1966 World Cup winning team, ( a Nobby Stiles type player who could actually play football ) never played pro football again.
Silly Samuel. on 12:58 - Sep 27 with 2966 viewsmacro

Being reported that the likely decision is the sack for Big Sam. Twitter @martynziegler
Silly Samuel. on 13:33 - Sep 27 with 2903 viewsolympicdale

Blimey O'reilly

at least he leaves with a 100% record.

Life is a game of fate.

Silly Samuel. on 13:47 - Sep 27 with 2853 viewsFrog

The guy is on £3m a year and just can't resist a bit more, pure greed (if it's all true, can't be bothered reading it)
Silly Samuel. on 14:15 - Sep 27 with 2782 viewswroughtironron

can't believe Big Sam knows how to circumvent rules - it's not like he's got previous is it ???

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/allardyce-took-bungs-
Silly Samuel. on 14:44 - Sep 27 with 2736 views1mark1

Maybe he will be sacked, but then we will probably end up with a manager that won't be as good as he is as England manager.

Delima is, do we accept him for all his known flaws as a man, and stick with the possibly the best manager around for getting the most out of the players available, or do we get a saint as manager in , like Roy Hodgson who again fails to ignite our national team? If we can find both a saint and great manager , brilliant, but I personally doubt we will.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Silly Samuel. on 14:58 - Sep 27 with 2699 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Silly Samuel. on 14:44 - Sep 27 by 1mark1

Maybe he will be sacked, but then we will probably end up with a manager that won't be as good as he is as England manager.

Delima is, do we accept him for all his known flaws as a man, and stick with the possibly the best manager around for getting the most out of the players available, or do we get a saint as manager in , like Roy Hodgson who again fails to ignite our national team? If we can find both a saint and great manager , brilliant, but I personally doubt we will.

Tony Mowbray may be the fella?
Silly Samuel. on 15:03 - Sep 27 with 2693 viewsDaleiLama

Silly Samuel. on 14:44 - Sep 27 by 1mark1

You mean like El-Tel's dodgy dealings and Hoddle taking over - we'll have to see if history repeats?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024