Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
16 games 22:13 - Sep 27 with 2100 viewsdingdangblue

Since our last clean sheet 3-0 v Blackpool.
Magnificent effort tonight - brilliant game to watch and every player player their part. Well done Dale.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

16 games on 22:15 - Sep 27 with 2085 viewsSuddenLad

Outstanding team work, incredible energy and work rate from everyone in a Dale shirt.

Superb all round. Very proud to be a Dale fan tonight.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

16 games on 22:21 - Sep 27 with 2009 viewsdalenumber2

Brilliant edge of the seat stuff - we played with passion, energy and drive and never gave up. Some outstanding individual performances but more importantly a great team effort. Mention to Lillis tonight as I don't think he has been credited yet for a top class save in the second half and several others to keep us in the game. Best match I've been to in a while. Looks like Hill has made a few tweaks and hit the nail on the head now. Onwards and upwards!
16 games on 22:26 - Sep 27 with 1950 viewsD_Alien

Can't tell you how proud I am after that performance. It'd be wrong to highlight individuals because it was a magnificent collective team effort, including the support... but I will.

Joe Bunney - has transformed our left-hand side, almost single-handedly - but not quite, since Joey Thompson playing in front of him and providing cover is doing a fantastic job and got a well-deserved standing ovation when replaced.

Keith Keane - KEANO..O! Was barely able to run for the last 20 minutes after picking up a strain, but it didn't matter, his positional play and forceful interceptions were as good as I've ever seen at this level, better even than Cavanagh and Steve Dawson. I'm starting to really admire this guy. Just hope he's fit for Saturday.

Steve Davies - give him the chances and HE WILL SCORE! Tonight he created his own chance, and did he relish banging the roof off the Sandy net!

I could go on about every one of them, but need a rest - I'm bleeding knackered and hoarse with shouting the lads on

Oh... and Keith Hill. He's doing it again!

And yes, Josh Lillis!

[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 22:28]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

16 games on 22:36 - Sep 27 with 1835 views442Dale

Keane's reading of the game is streets ahead of someone like Dawson, he could be crucial if we keep him fit. Thought we defended really well, especially from set-pieces. Hopefully it's a start and we can become more solid at the back whilst continuing to stick away chances, it's especially promising when the side out on the pitch would not be regarded as 'first choice'.

All roads lead to the Valley.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

16 games on 22:40 - Sep 27 with 1778 viewsleedsdale

16 games on 22:36 - Sep 27 by 442Dale

Keane's reading of the game is streets ahead of someone like Dawson, he could be crucial if we keep him fit. Thought we defended really well, especially from set-pieces. Hopefully it's a start and we can become more solid at the back whilst continuing to stick away chances, it's especially promising when the side out on the pitch would not be regarded as 'first choice'.

All roads lead to the Valley.

To think we're missing Vincenti, Cannon, NML, McNulty and Tanser is remarkable
16 games on 22:41 - Sep 27 with 1749 viewsDaleiLama

First game of the season for me and it's fair to say that was more than worth the entrance money and the 75 minute drive which should only have been 30. Set off before the team was announced and sat facing the away fans - quite a force to start with but taken out of the game by Dale.

As others have said, not a bad player on the pitch for us. Most improved players since I last saw a game though are Bunney (balls dropped 2 inches and had a testosterone surge even if he hasn't put any weight on) and Lund. Saw Davies and Keano for the first time and impressed with both. Favourite moment of the game was Jamie dispossessing Ameobi. Gripping game which just got more and more exciting. We didn't just live with Bolton - we outplayed them for large stretches. Lino on main stand was in a coma for most of game and ref not much better but a great, great win.

This is what I expected again this season but we started with an aberration. Glad we are back on track and long may it continue.

Up the Dale
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 22:48]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

16 games on 22:51 - Sep 27 with 1620 viewsnordenblue

16 games on 22:41 - Sep 27 by DaleiLama

First game of the season for me and it's fair to say that was more than worth the entrance money and the 75 minute drive which should only have been 30. Set off before the team was announced and sat facing the away fans - quite a force to start with but taken out of the game by Dale.

As others have said, not a bad player on the pitch for us. Most improved players since I last saw a game though are Bunney (balls dropped 2 inches and had a testosterone surge even if he hasn't put any weight on) and Lund. Saw Davies and Keano for the first time and impressed with both. Favourite moment of the game was Jamie dispossessing Ameobi. Gripping game which just got more and more exciting. We didn't just live with Bolton - we outplayed them for large stretches. Lino on main stand was in a coma for most of game and ref not much better but a great, great win.

This is what I expected again this season but we started with an aberration. Glad we are back on track and long may it continue.

Up the Dale
[Post edited 27 Sep 2016 22:48]

I must agree from where I was sat tonight that Lino was nothing short of abysmal,the shirt pulling and identical fouls he didn't flag for was close on being corrupt,

A quality game and a well deserved win too,Bunney was blowing out of his arse for the last 15 mins,not surprising considering the effort he put in,every single player put a great shift in but special mention for big Calvin he seemed to win every single thing he jumped for and put himself about really well and a match winning save from Josh that had goal written all over it....
16 games on 22:59 - Sep 27 with 1551 viewsShun

Sensational game, a hugely deserved win but my god was it tense in those last 20 minutes or so! I was cheering every misplaced Bolton shot like a Dale goal, I saw some people watching through fingers at times, and you know it's always a dramatic match when from amidst the tension you hear a few random screams from somewhere in the crowd every so often.
Login to get fewer ads

16 games on 23:12 - Sep 27 with 1461 viewsDaleiLama

16 games on 22:51 - Sep 27 by nordenblue

I must agree from where I was sat tonight that Lino was nothing short of abysmal,the shirt pulling and identical fouls he didn't flag for was close on being corrupt,

A quality game and a well deserved win too,Bunney was blowing out of his arse for the last 15 mins,not surprising considering the effort he put in,every single player put a great shift in but special mention for big Calvin he seemed to win every single thing he jumped for and put himself about really well and a match winning save from Josh that had goal written all over it....

Abysmal is spot on. He must have been a Bolton fan. At one point he didn't even flag a foul right under his nose and the ref had to over rule.

Calvin was outstanding in both boxes and not exactly shabby in between.

16 games on 23:15 - Sep 27 with 1437 viewsRosun

16 games on 22:59 - Sep 27 by Shun

Sensational game, a hugely deserved win but my god was it tense in those last 20 minutes or so! I was cheering every misplaced Bolton shot like a Dale goal, I saw some people watching through fingers at times, and you know it's always a dramatic match when from amidst the tension you hear a few random screams from somewhere in the crowd every so often.

Ah. You've met Eva then!
Not random screams... More why are Bolton playing like Bradford type screams.
It is the Parkinson factor. I got scared when Ameobi came on but Keane is like an ugly BBM who can marshall the defence and float between defence and midfield and snuff out the opposition.
Special mention to the half time coaching by Dale. Properly focused. Notlob effort looked like a game of beach volley ball.
11 man of the matches for me. Well played. Off to the Valley.
16 games on 23:21 - Sep 27 with 1374 viewsDaleiLama

16 games on 23:15 - Sep 27 by Rosun

Ah. You've met Eva then!
Not random screams... More why are Bolton playing like Bradford type screams.
It is the Parkinson factor. I got scared when Ameobi came on but Keane is like an ugly BBM who can marshall the defence and float between defence and midfield and snuff out the opposition.
Special mention to the half time coaching by Dale. Properly focused. Notlob effort looked like a game of beach volley ball.
11 man of the matches for me. Well played. Off to the Valley.

What did she make of the two second half pinball games in their box. How did neither of those go in? I need to see the highlights cos it seemed impossible to me.

16 games on 10:22 - Sep 28 with 1053 viewsRosun

16 games on 23:21 - Sep 27 by DaleiLama

What did she make of the two second half pinball games in their box. How did neither of those go in? I need to see the highlights cos it seemed impossible to me.

Dunno DL.
It was a bit of a blur from Pearl St. Time seemed to stand still when they hit the post though.
16 games on 10:45 - Oct 9 with 739 viewsaleanddale

16 games then three on the bounce!!

Mad this football lark!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024