Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Joe Bunney 19:55 - Sep 29 with 1609 viewsSuddenLad

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/joe-bunney-named-in-efl-te

Well deserved.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Well done Joe Bunney on 20:04 - Sep 29 with 1570 viewsD_Alien

Very, and if you'd put a bet on this happening a year ago it'd have been longer than the Leicester title odds

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Well done Joe Bunney on 20:45 - Sep 29 with 1463 viewsDaleiLama

Well done Joe Bunney on 20:04 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

Very, and if you'd put a bet on this happening a year ago it'd have been longer than the Leicester title odds

I think KH would have taken those odds though. There's a reason he stuck with him, because he's seen something there. He may not always get it right, but his hit rate is better than most. Something which is quickly forgotten by some during tough times (not including you in that btw).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Well done Joe Bunney on 20:59 - Sep 29 with 1402 viewsD_Alien

Well done Joe Bunney on 20:45 - Sep 29 by DaleiLama

I think KH would have taken those odds though. There's a reason he stuck with him, because he's seen something there. He may not always get it right, but his hit rate is better than most. Something which is quickly forgotten by some during tough times (not including you in that btw).

But you'd be justified by including me - I'd include me!

I'd given up on Bunney as a forward, and i still wouldn't like to see him back in that role. But you're absolutely right, Hill could see something which is now coming to fruition. That doesn't mean it was wrong to express dismay after a couple of very ineffective displays by Bunney up front - we have to 'say it as we see it' but equally to hold our hands up when the situation changes. It's what helps make the game so fascinating.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Well done Joe Bunney on 21:06 - Sep 29 with 1368 viewschunkster16

Very much so credit also needs to be given to keith keane

Rede

Well done Joe Bunney on 21:11 - Sep 29 with 1353 viewsboromat

Well done Joe Bunney on 20:59 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

I'd given up on Bunney as a forward, and i still wouldn't like to see him back in that role. But you're absolutely right, Hill could see something which is now coming to fruition. That doesn't mean it was wrong to express dismay after a couple of very ineffective displays by Bunney up front - we have to 'say it as we see it' but equally to hold our hands up when the situation changes. It's what helps make the game so fascinating.

I'm hoping this run of games at LB continues and helps him build a bit more strength and toughness, if he does then who knows we could see him back up front as a real force. As Hill has said at the moment he's much better facing the opposition but struggles when up front with his back to them (ie he hasn't been strong enough).

Glad he's getting some mentions in the press he deserves it!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Well done Joe Bunney on 21:43 - Sep 29 with 1275 viewsroccydaleian

Correct D_Alien and when you're critical you're not abusive with it unlike some. Jimmy Rustler seems quiet at the moment for one. Anyhow, well done Joe, long may it continue,
Well done Joe Bunney on 21:46 - Sep 29 with 1263 viewsDaleiLama

Whilst I don't think anyone could accuse you of not having forthright views (nowt wrong with that) I don't recall you ever having booked a taxi for Hill recently. That's where I was coming from.

Everyone thinks they can be a manager and do better. But to rotate a squad, have the 11 guys on the pitch each week playing their best tactically and as a team and to win regularly with a Poundland budget is no easy matter. I suspect 'some' fans don't share this view. The list of sacked managers and clubs mired in mediocrity each year is the proof of the pudding. Look at our own history!

I'd you look at KH's record on player development, team development and motivational skills, regardless of his abrasiveness when attacked, I think he has earned the benefit of the doubt. That's a long winded version of what I was trying to say.

And I agree, watching players develop at this level under Keith's tutelage is one of the most fascinating aspects of being a Dale fan right now. Matty Lund's international call up is richly deserved on that subject.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 22:02]

Well done Joe Bunney on 21:59 - Sep 29 with 1216 viewsDaleiLama

Well done Joe Bunney on 21:11 - Sep 29 by boromat

I'm hoping this run of games at LB continues and helps him build a bit more strength and toughness, if he does then who knows we could see him back up front as a real force. As Hill has said at the moment he's much better facing the opposition but struggles when up front with his back to them (ie he hasn't been strong enough).

Glad he's getting some mentions in the press he deserves it!

I'm not sure he could be a lot 'tougher' than he was against Bolton without crossing a disciplinary line. You can see he still has an adolescent's body but it is changing into a man's by the day. He has speed and ability. As you said, if he adds muscle and learns to control rather than being controlled when holding the ball who knows what his ceiling is?

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Joe Bunney on 22:19 - Sep 29 with 1152 viewsYadHoDale

Anybody else reminded of Dean Walling here?

Willing but ineffective up front both for Dale and Carlisle. Switched to centre back by the latter (I think because of an injury crisis), and became rather good...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024