Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. 14:43 - Oct 14 with 17618 viewsolympicdale

So says the courts.

Does this mean the lady can be done for slander. All about getting his career back on track now.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 14:49]

Life is a game of fate.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:56 - Oct 18 with 1441 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:53 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

They have to practically certain of the guilt, and yes after weighing up the balance of probabilities and all the evidence available.

Totally agree about, the fact that juries sometimes get it wrong.

Wouldn't you say, therefore, that when a second jury is presented with additional evidence, the balance of probabilities means they're more likely to return the correct verdict?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:56 - Oct 18 with 1441 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:53 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

They have to practically certain of the guilt, and yes after weighing up the balance of probabilities and all the evidence available.

Totally agree about, the fact that juries sometimes get it wrong.

They've got all the evidence you haven't,yet you still believe you know better?
Wow.....
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:58 - Oct 18 with 1439 viewsmoth5368

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:48 - Oct 18 by 1mark1

Ok, fair enough. By your logic Everyone who EVER questions a jury decision is being arrogant. So I presume every decision, ever made by a jury, you agree with.

Do you really presume that or are you being facile? There may be any number of reasons that someone might question a jury such as having knowledge unavailable to said jury or knowing that they had been compromised in some way.
Of course jurys get decisions wrong this has already been covered adequately above.
I was asking you why you believed they got it wrong.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:59 - Oct 18 with 1431 viewsmoth5368

I believe I'm flogging a dead horse.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 21:05 - Oct 18 with 1415 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 20:59 - Oct 18 by moth5368

I believe I'm flogging a dead horse.

What you're flogging is moral outrage that someone can behave in a way that an individual deems unacceptable from their point of view and life experience. In effect, being guilty or not of a criminal offence doesn't even come into it.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 21:27 - Oct 18 with 1389 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 21:05 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

What you're flogging is moral outrage that someone can behave in a way that an individual deems unacceptable from their point of view and life experience. In effect, being guilty or not of a criminal offence doesn't even come into it.

Nail and head...
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 21:51 - Oct 18 with 1372 viewsBobbyjoe

A defendant is seldom likely to be convicted a second time, of whatever alleged crime. As far as I'm concerned this woman could have engaged in consensual sex with different, multiple partners every night for a year, it still doesn't mean she consented to sex with Evans on the night in question. This decision means more women will be assaulted, and fewer perpetrators convicted. We can only hope no "innocent women" fall victim!
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 22:03 - Oct 18 with 1346 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 21:51 - Oct 18 by Bobbyjoe

A defendant is seldom likely to be convicted a second time, of whatever alleged crime. As far as I'm concerned this woman could have engaged in consensual sex with different, multiple partners every night for a year, it still doesn't mean she consented to sex with Evans on the night in question. This decision means more women will be assaulted, and fewer perpetrators convicted. We can only hope no "innocent women" fall victim!

"This decision means more women will be assaulted..."

Totally false and unjustifiable conclusion, based on moral panic similar to those who said the murder rate would increase when hanging was abolished

"...and fewer perpetrators convicted"

Totally false and unjustifiable conclusion; and even if you were right it doesn't make Evans retrial and subsequent acquittal wrong - it'd just mean the law needs looking at more closely

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024