Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. 14:43 - Oct 14 with 17366 viewsolympicdale

So says the courts.

Does this mean the lady can be done for slander. All about getting his career back on track now.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 14:49]

Life is a game of fate.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:34 - Oct 14 with 8887 viewsnordenblue

As I predicted at the time,not without great abuse off the usual idiots on here.....
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:45 - Oct 14 with 8850 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Look forward to seeing the full and uncondition alapology from Jessica Ennis-Hill.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:48 - Oct 14 with 8835 viewsaleanddale

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:45 - Oct 14 by Albert_Whitehurst

Look forward to seeing the full and uncondition alapology from Jessica Ennis-Hill.

No apology required surely?

When she made her comments and took her stance it was due to a conviction.

At the time a jury returned a guilty verdict.

It was murky I grant you but no need for JEH o apologise.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:51 - Oct 14 with 8821 viewsPorlicks

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:34 - Oct 14 by nordenblue

As I predicted at the time,not without great abuse off the usual idiots on here.....

I'm impressed. Could you tell us which part of the law you knew would be used to acquit? I always thought that without solid corroborative evidence for the defendant it would be difficult to overturn the original decision.

Who are YOU with?

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 16:00 - Oct 14 with 8793 viewsolympicdale

It will be interesting to see what reception he starts to receive on the terraces, and more importantly, sponsors who pulled out at Chesterfield, whether they will come back now he's been proved not guilty.

It never felt right from the off, the girl was obviously embarrassed and wanted to make a few quid out of it.

Life is a game of fate.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 16:09 - Oct 14 with 8763 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:48 - Oct 14 by aleanddale

No apology required surely?

When she made her comments and took her stance it was due to a conviction.

At the time a jury returned a guilty verdict.

It was murky I grant you but no need for JEH o apologise.

He had served a sentence, maintained his innocence throughout and her words restricted his chance to work.

Now we see she was wrong.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 16:13 - Oct 14 with 8747 viewsfermin

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:51 - Oct 14 by Porlicks

I'm impressed. Could you tell us which part of the law you knew would be used to acquit? I always thought that without solid corroborative evidence for the defendant it would be difficult to overturn the original decision.

This is the transcript of the appeal which probably gives an idea of what was put forth at the retrial:

https://www.crimeline.info/uploads/cases/2016/chedevansappeal.pdf

On a cursory glance it looks like there was new evidence.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 16:20 - Oct 14 with 8720 viewsolympicdale

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 16:09 - Oct 14 by Albert_Whitehurst

He had served a sentence, maintained his innocence throughout and her words restricted his chance to work.

Its not a case of being right or wrong, he was convicted by a court, as far as JEH and everyone was concerned, he was guilty at the time of the comments, she doesn't need to apologise for expressing her views at the time.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 16:24 - Oct 14 with 8701 viewsnordenblue

I'm glad you're impressed,it didn't take a law degree though to figure out the grand canyon sized holes in the case would eventually shine through.

Like I said at the time if you did a bit of research rather than read what the media wants you to believe maybe you too could have stumbled upon the correct verdict many months ago
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 16:27 - Oct 14 with 8696 viewswimborne_dale

I'm no lawyer but I'll have a go. As I understand it, in a criminal court the burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove guilt "beyond reasonable doubt". As the woman in question, the complainant, admits she doesn't actually remember what happened and there were no independent witnesses, that leaves plenty of room for very reasonable doubt. That in itself does not prove innocence but a conviction based on that evidence always looked unsafe.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 16:35 - Oct 14 with 8670 viewsShun

Will he now get some degree of compensation accounting to the two and a half years he spent in custody?
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:10 - Oct 14 with 8582 viewsD_Alien

Let's be thankful that the criminal justice system, however flawed it may be in the face of human weakness, stupidity, or worse, has allowed Evans and his legal team to find the way to justice.

He himself admits he's not without fault, but whatever that involves, it wasn't criminal.

It should, however, serve as a salutary lesson to any young men who find themselves in the same set of circumstances due to fame and/or money. I really admire his fiancee for standing by him. She'd know a thing or two, perhaps, about how certain young women operate these days - or perhaps always have done; a thing or two that some people find hard to credit, but there it is.

The jury took just two hours to overturn the original verdict. What a tragedy all the facts weren't available, or permissible first time round.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:11 - Oct 14 with 8581 viewsaleanddale

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 16:09 - Oct 14 by Albert_Whitehurst

But we have hindsight.

Ennis did not.

Like I say murky from the off but in my eyes no apology required.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:19 - Oct 14 with 8560 viewsChaffRAFC

Absolutely no apology needed from JEH. A court and jury decided Evans was guilty of rape, that's all anyone can go off and at the time she stood up for what she believed and fair play to her for doing so.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:37 - Oct 14 with 8517 viewsThacks_Rabbits

If you look back to the original post a while back I explained what had allegedly happened and that he was guilty of nothing more that being vermin type footballer. The girl in question is well known on the Rhyl area and many knew what happened. She was bragging about it to her mates that night. Evans will be due upwards of 10 million in compensation due to loss of past and current earnings. He was on 20k a week at Sheffield. Will the girl get prosecuted. Will she balls. I believe she has had to move 3 times due to threats but hey if you play with matches !!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:42 - Oct 14 with 8504 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:37 - Oct 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

If you look back to the original post a while back I explained what had allegedly happened and that he was guilty of nothing more that being vermin type footballer. The girl in question is well known on the Rhyl area and many knew what happened. She was bragging about it to her mates that night. Evans will be due upwards of 10 million in compensation due to loss of past and current earnings. He was on 20k a week at Sheffield. Will the girl get prosecuted. Will she balls. I believe she has had to move 3 times due to threats but hey if you play with matches !!!!!

She also allegedly posted on social media(as you do!!) about buying a new car after she takes him to the cleaners for compensation,a classy type of girl...
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:51 - Oct 14 with 8486 viewsColDale

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:37 - Oct 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

A not guilty verdict does not equate to the girl lying.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:56 - Oct 14 with 8467 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:51 - Oct 14 by ColDale

If I recall correctly, your original response was one of moral outrage - that the girl couldn't remember what took place, and Evans was guilty of taking advantage.

Fair enough, he's got nothing to be proud of whatsoever, and has paid a very high price for his stupidity and ego. But the new evidence involves the girl doing exactly the same thing as she did with Evans, just days before - and more tellingly - just days afterwards.

Are you still sticking with your moral outrage?

[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 17:58]

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:03 - Oct 14 with 8435 viewsColDale

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:56 - Oct 14 by D_Alien

If I recall correctly, your original response was one of moral outrage - that the girl couldn't remember what took place, and Evans was guilty of taking advantage.

Fair enough, he's got nothing to be proud of whatsoever, and has paid a very high price for his stupidity and ego. But the new evidence involves the girl doing exactly the same thing as she did with Evans, just days before - and more tellingly - just days afterwards.

Are you still sticking with your moral outrage?

[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 17:58]

If someone I know had acted in the way he has admitted to behaving this week, I'd have found their behaviour reprehensible as I think most people would do.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:04 - Oct 14 with 8427 viewsThacks_Rabbits

There were a lot more things known rumoured locally about the lady in question most I which I cannot or will not repeat but one rumour was she wanted to be in the 100 club. And that's in a year not ever. Fill in your own blanks!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:08 - Oct 14 with 8399 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:03 - Oct 14 by ColDale

If someone I know had acted in the way he has admitted to behaving this week, I'd have found their behaviour reprehensible as I think most people would do.

He admitted to behaving in a foolish manner at the time of the original trial, not just this week.

Who tried to take advantage of whom? Do the people you know really find it so hard to believe that young women - as well as young men - can act in a thoroughly manipulative way by using their sexuality to try to gain financial or other advantage?

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:15 - Oct 14 with 8372 viewsSuddenLad

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 17:51 - Oct 14 by ColDale

Correct and the original conviction was correct at the time. Winning an appeal does not amount to being entitled to compensation. Twelve people originally believed the victims' version of events.

On a different day, twelve people agreed with the defendants' version of events.

That's how the British legal system works.

There are no winners or losers. Evans will quite rightly be forever associated with what happened and those who choose to judge him on the events of the night are entitled to do so. After all, he has never denied it took place.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:18 - Oct 14 with 8366 viewsBFC1885

The accused should NEVER be named until proven guilty in this type of case.
If they are proved guilty fair play ... give them all the grief in the world.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:21 - Oct 14 with 8353 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:15 - Oct 14 by SuddenLad

Correct and the original conviction was correct at the time. Winning an appeal does not amount to being entitled to compensation. Twelve people originally believed the victims' version of events.

On a different day, twelve people agreed with the defendants' version of events.

That's how the British legal system works.

There are no winners or losers. Evans will quite rightly be forever associated with what happened and those who choose to judge him on the events of the night are entitled to do so. After all, he has never denied it took place.

Completely agree about there should be no compensation.

However, the jury didn't on this occasion choose to believe his version of events - they chose to believe the evidence given by two other men who described how the girl used the very same tactics within the space of a few days - before and after Evans.

However disgusting people might think what took place might be, the original conviction occurred because all the evidence wasn't brought forward. Once it had, there was only one verdict possible. Two hours - that's all it took to decide.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:21 - Oct 14 with 8352 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:08 - Oct 14 by D_Alien

He admitted to behaving in a foolish manner at the time of the original trial, not just this week.

Who tried to take advantage of whom? Do the people you know really find it so hard to believe that young women - as well as young men - can act in a thoroughly manipulative way by using their sexuality to try to gain financial or other advantage?

Chesterfield now have a 350k plus value striker on 2k a week. Fair play to them for having the guts to believe him. I wish ched all the best. Whilst being stupid (which one of us has not been, all be it in different ways) he has had his name battered, has been proved innocent, has had his career screwed and will still get grief forever. Scum like Hughes, king and McCormick did far worse and we're guilty. I hope Evans gets a fortune and the lier who caused his time inside is prosecuted. Not that she will be!!!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024