Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. 14:43 - Oct 14 with 17761 viewsolympicdale

So says the courts.

Does this mean the lady can be done for slander. All about getting his career back on track now.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2016 14:49]

Life is a game of fate.

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 23:45 - Oct 14 with 3214 viewsBobbyjoe

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 23:18 - Oct 14 by D_Alien

Given that no criminal offence took place, that's quite simply a moral judgement.

I'll make one too, since they seem to be going cheap. I'd say the girls actions were reprehensible, both with Evans and the other guys who were eventually allowed to give their evidence in court regarding her determination to get blind drunk and shag anything that came along.

She thought she'd got lucky. She was wrong.

I understood it was McDonald who arranged for Evans to become involved, not the girl. Are you suggesting the girl instigated the threesome, and engaged Evans's brother to record the occasion for posterity! Whatever you and your fellow apologists may say, he will remain convicted in the court of public opinion, until he is man enough to apologise for his utterly appalling, albeit not criminal, actions that night, and rightly so.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 23:54 - Oct 14 with 3204 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 23:45 - Oct 14 by Bobbyjoe

I understood it was McDonald who arranged for Evans to become involved, not the girl. Are you suggesting the girl instigated the threesome, and engaged Evans's brother to record the occasion for posterity! Whatever you and your fellow apologists may say, he will remain convicted in the court of public opinion, until he is man enough to apologise for his utterly appalling, albeit not criminal, actions that night, and rightly so.

You don't speak for public opinion - only a section of it. You're entitled to that opinion, no more, no less. Public opinion, eh?

Evans is no better than he ought to be - he admits as much. You are of a very different generation to the ones who go out in town nowadays - females as much as males - looking for a sexual encounter and getting drunk enough to not care who it might involve.

The girl, as testified by several different males, in and around the same time as she was having a sexual encounter with Evans, was having sex with them also whilst drunk. It was a "modus operandi". Did she cry rape about the others? No. She cried rape against Evans because she thought she could get some financial reward through it - she tweeted as much to her mates, for goodness sake! A pink mini, I believe she expected to be able to buy herself, before the tweet was deleted.

Yes, innocent women need to be protected from unwanted sexual encounters. This girl was encouraging it, and Evans was weak and stupid enough to go there.

Through her actions, she puts other women who are the victims of actual sexual assault in a worse position, in the pursuit of justice. That's the reality.

[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 0:01]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 00:22 - Oct 15 with 3166 viewsBobbyjoe

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 23:54 - Oct 14 by D_Alien

You don't speak for public opinion - only a section of it. You're entitled to that opinion, no more, no less. Public opinion, eh?

Evans is no better than he ought to be - he admits as much. You are of a very different generation to the ones who go out in town nowadays - females as much as males - looking for a sexual encounter and getting drunk enough to not care who it might involve.

The girl, as testified by several different males, in and around the same time as she was having a sexual encounter with Evans, was having sex with them also whilst drunk. It was a "modus operandi". Did she cry rape about the others? No. She cried rape against Evans because she thought she could get some financial reward through it - she tweeted as much to her mates, for goodness sake! A pink mini, I believe she expected to be able to buy herself, before the tweet was deleted.

Yes, innocent women need to be protected from unwanted sexual encounters. This girl was encouraging it, and Evans was weak and stupid enough to go there.

Through her actions, she puts other women who are the victims of actual sexual assault in a worse position, in the pursuit of justice. That's the reality.

[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 0:01]

let me get this right, you're suggesting Evans was the innocent victim of a honeytrap?! Was it the girl who booked the hotel room, and gave Evans a key? I find your use of the term "innocent women" somewhat chilling, Even on the undisputed facts, no person deserves to be treated like that young woman was.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 00:28 - Oct 15 with 3159 viewsShun

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 00:22 - Oct 15 by Bobbyjoe

let me get this right, you're suggesting Evans was the innocent victim of a honeytrap?! Was it the girl who booked the hotel room, and gave Evans a key? I find your use of the term "innocent women" somewhat chilling, Even on the undisputed facts, no person deserves to be treated like that young woman was.

They're both vile, disgusting people. So is the whole affair quite frankly.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 09:18 - Oct 15 with 3080 viewswimborne_dale

Another very ugly side to this is that it exposes a very dark side of society. According to the BBC

"While Mr Evans spent two-and-a-half years in jail, his accuser has been through two court cases and reportedly been hounded out of her home five times."

And I'm sure we all remember the disgusting threats received by back room staff at OAFC when it looked like Ched Evans might sign for them.

We need to crack down hard on mob rule.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 13:22 - Oct 15 with 3027 viewstony_roch975

I didn't join in the mob rule petition etc but was pleased Garlick & Dunphy stated they would not offer Evans a contract. Equally I value Hill's commitment to developing his players as good role models. More worrying is the first trial seemed to be about a jury believing the plaintiff was physically unable to give consent and thus Evans (uncontested) actions made him guilty, whereas the retrial was about her 'guilt' for her behaviour. I don't want to go back to the days when 'she was asking for it' was a justification for abuse or that previous 'crimes' can be used to decide guilt!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 13:45 - Oct 15 with 3010 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 13:22 - Oct 15 by tony_roch975

I didn't join in the mob rule petition etc but was pleased Garlick & Dunphy stated they would not offer Evans a contract. Equally I value Hill's commitment to developing his players as good role models. More worrying is the first trial seemed to be about a jury believing the plaintiff was physically unable to give consent and thus Evans (uncontested) actions made him guilty, whereas the retrial was about her 'guilt' for her behaviour. I don't want to go back to the days when 'she was asking for it' was a justification for abuse or that previous 'crimes' can be used to decide guilt!

It's a good point, and in general I'd agree about not going back to the days when details of the sexual history of either the accused or the defendant were used in court.

In this instance, and in the view of the court, such evidence was material due to the close proximity (i.e. a few days either side of the night in question) and very similar circumstances, including the use of similar phrases by the girl to other men in asking for sexual favours after a session of heavy drinking.

bobbyjoe finds it "chilling" that I can use the phrase 'innocent women' - that's to distinguish between those who fall foul of predatory behaviour by men, and those who put themselves deliberately and with forethought in such situations with the intent of hoping a stupid bloke with fame and/or money allows them to then cry rape and extract financial reward as a result. I'm pretty clear about the difference, even if some other people aren't. In addition, modern juries - evidently - are able to distinguish between the two.

[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 13:46]

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 14:16 - Oct 15 with 2972 viewsdancdale

Re OP- No, theres no case for slander whatsoever.

She would however, certainly be successful if she chose to take action against anyone making public accusations that she cried rape for financial gain.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 14:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 14:50 - Oct 15 with 2942 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 14:16 - Oct 15 by dancdale

Re OP- No, theres no case for slander whatsoever.

She would however, certainly be successful if she chose to take action against anyone making public accusations that she cried rape for financial gain.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 14:35]

I'd happily see her in court, with evidence provided by herself - which is why she won't

Please be aware of evidence before making such claims

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:27 - Oct 15 with 2886 viewsdancdale

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 14:50 - Oct 15 by D_Alien

I'd happily see her in court, with evidence provided by herself - which is why she won't

Please be aware of evidence before making such claims

The only evidence she'd need to produce is a published statement that she had made a false rape claim for money.
Presuming you mean as respondent you'd provide the defence of truth, you'd require evidence that:
1. She had made a claim of having been raped
2. This claim was false
3. She was motivated to make this claim for financial gain

No, starting with 1, I'm not aware of that evidence
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 18:28]
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:37 - Oct 15 with 2875 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:27 - Oct 15 by dancdale

The only evidence she'd need to produce is a published statement that she had made a false rape claim for money.
Presuming you mean as respondent you'd provide the defence of truth, you'd require evidence that:
1. She had made a claim of having been raped
2. This claim was false
3. She was motivated to make this claim for financial gain

No, starting with 1, I'm not aware of that evidence
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 18:28]

1 - that's what Evans was tried for

2 - that's why Evans was found not guilty

3 - correct

Last point, it appears not, nor will I elaborate

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:43 - Oct 15 with 2852 viewsmingthemerciless

Crux of the issue for me - was she capable of giving consent at that moment in time ? If she was pissed out of her head it sounds to me like she wasn't.

Bringing up her previous sexual history isn't relevant to this and I'm surprised it was brought up during the appeal.

He's been punished enough in my opinion but not guilty ? Mm.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:52 - Oct 15 with 2833 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:43 - Oct 15 by mingthemerciless

Crux of the issue for me - was she capable of giving consent at that moment in time ? If she was pissed out of her head it sounds to me like she wasn't.

Bringing up her previous sexual history isn't relevant to this and I'm surprised it was brought up during the appeal.

He's been punished enough in my opinion but not guilty ? Mm.

You can't have it both ways

The conclusion of the original jury was that she wasn't able to give consent, given the evidence available to them at that time

The conclusion of the jury this week has been that she was aware of her actions, given the further evidence brought to bear by the defence

That's the crux of the matter

[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 18:56]

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:10 - Oct 15 with 2806 viewsdancdale

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 18:37 - Oct 15 by D_Alien

1 - that's what Evans was tried for

2 - that's why Evans was found not guilty

3 - correct

Last point, it appears not, nor will I elaborate

Sticking with 1. You've provided evidence that the crown prosecution on behalf of the queen made an accusation of rape.

If you'd accused the queen of crying rape for money you could build an defence on that evidence.

I am still unaware of your evidence the girl in question claimed to have been raped.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 12:23 - Oct 16 with 2709 viewsCockneyDale

This, by a barrister, is worth a read - certainly clarifies the various points in an understandable way

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/10-myths-ched-evans-case-debunked/
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 12:54 - Oct 16 with 2684 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:10 - Oct 15 by dancdale

Sticking with 1. You've provided evidence that the crown prosecution on behalf of the queen made an accusation of rape.

If you'd accused the queen of crying rape for money you could build an defence on that evidence.

I am still unaware of your evidence the girl in question claimed to have been raped.

The evidence I was referring to was posts via electronic media by the girl in question, soon deleted, which suggested she was hoping to gain materially from the events, to the effect of being able to buy a "pink mini"

Further to your point regarding allegations of rape - you are correct; it was the police who took the decision to instigate that particular prosecution, not the girl herself. This has been made clear - in an interview published in today's Sunday Times with Evans - and that he doesn't hold anything against the girl in that respect. My claim that she'd cried rape was therefore unfounded, in the light of subsequent information. If she was reading this (which she won't be, of course), then I'd apologise on that count.

It's important, when new evidence comes to light, that people are able to change their minds. That's what the second jury did. That's what I'm doing. What other people choose to do is up to them.

[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 12:59]

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 19:44 - Oct 16 with 2603 viewspnc4eva1

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2016/10/14/10-myths-busted-about-the-ched-evans-c

Technicality

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 06:39 - Oct 17 with 2544 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 12:54 - Oct 16 by D_Alien

The evidence I was referring to was posts via electronic media by the girl in question, soon deleted, which suggested she was hoping to gain materially from the events, to the effect of being able to buy a "pink mini"

Further to your point regarding allegations of rape - you are correct; it was the police who took the decision to instigate that particular prosecution, not the girl herself. This has been made clear - in an interview published in today's Sunday Times with Evans - and that he doesn't hold anything against the girl in that respect. My claim that she'd cried rape was therefore unfounded, in the light of subsequent information. If she was reading this (which she won't be, of course), then I'd apologise on that count.

It's important, when new evidence comes to light, that people are able to change their minds. That's what the second jury did. That's what I'm doing. What other people choose to do is up to them.

[Post edited 16 Oct 2016 12:59]

Her post was to do with buying 'matching pink minis' for herself and her pal. I remember seeing it at the time and found this absolutely staggering!
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 09:23 - Oct 17 with 2498 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 06:39 - Oct 17 by Albert_Whitehurst

Her post was to do with buying 'matching pink minis' for herself and her pal. I remember seeing it at the time and found this absolutely staggering!

While at the same time not in the least bit surprising...
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 11:28 - Oct 17 with 2468 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 09:23 - Oct 17 by nordenblue

While at the same time not in the least bit surprising...

It'll be dismissed by those who can't believe some young women are capable of behaving like that as 'a technicality'- along with "f*** me harder"

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 11:57 - Oct 17 with 2444 viewsnordenblue

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 11:28 - Oct 17 by D_Alien

It'll be dismissed by those who can't believe some young women are capable of behaving like that as 'a technicality'- along with "f*** me harder"

It's amazing how out of touch and old fashioned some people's views are,the women act worse than the men these days on a night out its horrendous how things have reversed.
You now get "men" spending longer to prune themselves and apply makeup than most the girls do,the lines have been well and truly crossed.....
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:29 - Oct 17 with 2383 viewsoff2div1

If I was a millionaire and Ched Evans was my daughters boyfriend I would have said bin the sleaze bag.
Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 13:55 - Oct 18 with 2284 viewsSuddenLad

Any contributions from readers ?

https://www.gofundme.com/help-ched-evans-complainant-2uj5pv8

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 14:12 - Oct 18 with 2269 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 13:55 - Oct 18 by SuddenLad

Any contributions from readers ?

https://www.gofundme.com/help-ched-evans-complainant-2uj5pv8

Fund me harder?

Ched Evans no longer a rapist. on 15:08 - Oct 18 with 2209 viewssteofthedale

It seems that those involved may all be graduates from the Donald Trump School of Courtly Love

steofthedale*

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024