Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee 21:55 - Oct 15 with 5900 viewsonedalefan

Thought he was excellent today. Allowed a few initial challenges in a local derby to go to allow the game to flow. After about 15 minutes, started to let the players know that he was in charge. Didn't let anything get out of hand. As it got 'tasty', clamped down on challenges (not our fault that most were from Bury) with an aim of keeping things under control. Kept telling players to get on it with it, warning all about time wasting. Thought how he dealt with the first sending off was a great example of working with the assistants, immediate reaction to the challenge that he dealt with and then (I assume he used the earpiece) allowed help to deal with the afters to follow up with further yellow cards as required.
Referee on 12:10 - Oct 18 with 1419 viewsAtThePeake

Referee on 11:43 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

My first instinct was Lund had skilfully outmanoeuvred the defender, forcing him into contact which I clearly saw, and so did the ref

Any suggestion of a 'dive' - as described by some Daleys - is out of order

It'd have been outrageous for the ref not to award a penalty

Seems the pitchside cam backs this up

Why is it out of order? Admittedly from the pitch-side camera angle it does look more like a penalty, but during the game from where I was sat in the Main Stand it looked like a blatant dive and everyone sat around me agreed. It's not out of order to call an incident as you see it.

Our manager himself admitted the penalty was soft after the game.

Tangled up in blue.

Referee on 13:05 - Oct 18 with 1363 viewsDaleiLama

Referee on 12:10 - Oct 18 by AtThePeake

Why is it out of order? Admittedly from the pitch-side camera angle it does look more like a penalty, but during the game from where I was sat in the Main Stand it looked like a blatant dive and everyone sat around me agreed. It's not out of order to call an incident as you see it.

Our manager himself admitted the penalty was soft after the game.

Agreed - from the main stand, contact looked minimal and not enough to bring Lund down. But angles can give different impressions and degree of contact can be difficult to judge from distance (especially with my eye sight)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Referee on 13:43 - Oct 18 with 1329 viewsD_Alien

Referee on 13:05 - Oct 18 by DaleiLama

Agreed - from the main stand, contact looked minimal and not enough to bring Lund down. But angles can give different impressions and degree of contact can be difficult to judge from distance (especially with my eye sight)

Exactly Dalei nouveau, people saying Lund 'took a dive' - and it's those who I'm addressing, not those who're talking about a soft penalty - when their view of the incident might've been from some distance are OUT OF ORDER

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Referee on 18:06 - Oct 18 with 1211 viewsaleanddale

I didnt see any contact at the time..

Still haven't changed my mind.

We sucked up the charlton pen.. Bury need to do the same.

Soft but you win some you lose some.

Bury lost ( again )
Referee on 18:55 - Oct 18 with 1153 viewsDaley_Lama

From the TDS with a clear view, i could not see any contact whatsoever.

The camera does lie for me.

Poll: DF in or out

Referee on 19:08 - Oct 18 with 1130 viewsbatman

Referee on 18:55 - Oct 18 by Daley_Lama

From the TDS with a clear view, i could not see any contact whatsoever.

The camera does lie for me.

Or me or those around me
Referee on 19:09 - Oct 18 with 1125 viewsD_Alien

You're all OUT OF ORDER!!!!!

Referee on 20:31 - Oct 18 with 1052 viewsdingdangblue

When Lund went down my immediate thought was...........
Booking for Lund 85%
Penalty for Dale 15%

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Referee on 20:34 - Oct 18 with 1037 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bury will love the Ref tonight.......dodgy pen jobby.
Referee on 20:36 - Oct 18 with 1027 viewsD_Alien

Referee on 20:34 - Oct 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Bury will love the Ref tonight.......dodgy pen jobby.

All penalties are now officially dodgy. There will be someone in every ground who didn't see any contact, probably the tealady.

"I bet he dived" - Gladys

Referee on 21:05 - Oct 18 with 984 viewsmoth5368

Referee on 20:36 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

All penalties are now officially dodgy. There will be someone in every ground who didn't see any contact, probably the tealady.

"I bet he dived" - Gladys

That's out of order. Gladys is innocent.
Referee on 22:55 - Oct 18 with 907 viewsSaxonDale

Tom Daley-esque (or should that be Dean Lewington?) dive by Lund on Saturday, had it been against any other team I might have cared a bit more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024