Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup Draw 17:24 - Oct 17 with 13681 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Halifax are 52....Stockport 53

Please. please home draw for No 39!
FA Cup Draw on 20:37 - Oct 17 with 3385 viewsDaleiLama

FA Cup Draw on 20:33 - Oct 17 by jimmysbaldhead

I think you are being a tad over sensitive Lama. Never mind what the southern shandy drinker says all in good fun.

Halves .......... and without notes from their mums (Macc Lads)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

FA Cup Draw on 20:45 - Oct 17 with 3329 viewsDaley_Lama

FA Cup Draw on 20:33 - Oct 17 by jimmysbaldhead

I think you are being a tad over sensitive Lama. Never mind what the southern shandy drinker says all in good fun.

Currently working away in....maidstone!

Lovely place, bloody miles away.

Poll: DF in or out

FA Cup Draw on 20:55 - Oct 17 with 3242 viewsmacro

Will it be the first FA cup 'proper' match on an artificial pitch since the days of Luton/Preston etc?
FA Cup Draw on 20:57 - Oct 17 with 3226 viewsDaleiLama

FA Cup Draw on 20:45 - Oct 17 by Daley_Lama

Have you saved enough for a pint yet original Lama?

From Lama nouveau

FA Cup Draw on 21:03 - Oct 17 with 3191 viewsdingdangblue

FA Cup Draw on 19:55 - Oct 17 by ColDale

What will be the deal with Keane? I'm sure I read something once upon a time which said that long term loans (back in the days where there was two types) were automatically allowed to be played in the Cup.

Hopefully it's already been agreed that he'll be signing a permanent deal in Jan and they'll let him play.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

FA Cup Draw on 21:15 - Oct 17 with 3116 viewsTVOS1907

FA Cup Draw on 20:55 - Oct 17 by macro

Will it be the first FA cup 'proper' match on an artificial pitch since the days of Luton/Preston etc?

No, they have been in the 'proper' rounds in the last couple of years.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FA Cup Draw on 21:15 - Oct 17 with 3109 viewsDaley_Lama

Working nights so no drinkies for me.

Don't forget your sunscreen, mad hot down here

Poll: DF in or out

FA Cup Draw on 22:07 - Oct 17 with 2927 viewsD_Dale

FA Cup Draw on 19:30 - Oct 17 by dingdangblue

Highlights from the last round. They've got Paxman in midfield - could ask us a few questions.

[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 19:33]

I quite enjoyed that. Maidstone look to be quite a lively side, though Billericay's defence was pretty statuesque. The no. 11 has quite a throw in him - Dale will have to avoid giving away throw-ins in their own half!

Of course, I'd have preferred Stockport at Spotland, but there's a good prospect of progressing to round 2.
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup Draw on 22:47 - Oct 17 with 2750 viewsJayser100

FA Cup Draw on 20:55 - Oct 17 by macro

No, this one was, and what a night for The Stones

FA Cup Draw on 23:44 - Oct 17 with 2619 viewsShun

FA Cup Draw on 20:25 - Oct 17 by DaleiLama

Bell end on their forum (pmh with pmt) calling us northern monkeys? By that reckoning, he must be the organ on grinder.

I'm not surprised they aren't thrilled. Thinking logically, we're probably one of the least attractive ties in this round, in that we're probably one of the best teams in the tie so whoever we draw has a good chance of losing to us (apologies, FGs!), but also we're rather unglamorous so it won't bring many fans in.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 23:50]
FA Cup Draw on 23:49 - Oct 17 with 2611 viewsShun

FA Cup Draw on 20:45 - Oct 17 by Daley_Lama

Just had a perusal of google images, looks very pretty!
FA Cup Draw on 23:59 - Oct 17 with 2601 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Can see us getting a draw "darn sarf"......and then back to San Spotty to finish it.

Really need a good FA Cup run again.....what with our crowds.
FA Cup Draw on 00:05 - Oct 18 with 2589 viewsDaleiLama

FA Cup Draw on 23:44 - Oct 17 by Shun

I'm not surprised they aren't thrilled. Thinking logically, we're probably one of the least attractive ties in this round, in that we're probably one of the best teams in the tie so whoever we draw has a good chance of losing to us (apologies, FGs!), but also we're rather unglamorous so it won't bring many fans in.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 23:50]

Absolutely - it was the planet of the apes reference I was objecting to.
I know when we've been in the later rounds and been "disappointed" when bigger teams are in the draw and we've got less glamorous ties with a smaller pay day.

FA Cup Draw on 00:15 - Oct 18 with 2574 viewsSandyman

Bowton, BIFFO's Stockport and buckets all drawn at home while we get a 500+ mile round trip. GMP will be coining some overtime.
FA Cup Draw on 08:02 - Oct 18 with 2368 viewsbinsey72

Be called off nowadays on that pitch!
FA Cup Draw on 08:02 - Oct 18 with 2160 views1907

Sorry chaps, I've been trying to look on the Dave side of this all evening, but whichever way you look at it, this is a crap draw.

What do you want in a first round draw? Someone beatable at home? Someone unbeatable but a big name to draw the crowds and TV - and maybe, just maybe a draw and a replay at theirs with half a 20,000+ gate...

What do we get? A nothing club (who even knew what league Rochdale were in before the draw?) two divisions above us and currently on fire (won their last six games).

The positives? Well, we're in the first round, we're at home, and it shouldn't be that difficult to get tickets...

And, yes, I do know that 10 years ago we got thrashed by Trebor Sharps under-11s ladies and a ploughed field in the middle of nowhere, with only nws and his dog in attendance.

Read more: http://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/6512/1st-round-draw?page=7#ixzz4NP

The "nothing club" part really tickled me
FA Cup Draw on 08:31 - Oct 18 with 2121 viewsTVOS1907

FA Cup Draw on 23:59 - Oct 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Can see us getting a draw "darn sarf"......and then back to San Spotty to finish it.

Really need a good FA Cup run again.....what with our crowds.

Clubs at our level always need a good cup run. We haven't done too bad out of it in recent years from a financial point of view.

FA Cup Draw on 09:44 - Oct 18 with 2030 viewsParkinsGimp

FA Cup Draw on 08:02 - Oct 18 by 1907

Sorry chaps, I've been trying to look on the Dave side of this all evening, but whichever way you look at it, this is a crap draw.

What do you want in a first round draw? Someone beatable at home? Someone unbeatable but a big name to draw the crowds and TV - and maybe, just maybe a draw and a replay at theirs with half a 20,000+ gate...

What do we get? A nothing club (who even knew what league Rochdale were in before the draw?) two divisions above us and currently on fire (won their last six games).

The positives? Well, we're in the first round, we're at home, and it shouldn't be that difficult to get tickets...

And, yes, I do know that 10 years ago we got thrashed by Trebor Sharps under-11s ladies and a ploughed field in the middle of nowhere, with only nws and his dog in attendance.

Read more: http://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/6512/1st-round-draw?page=7#ixzz4NP

The "nothing club" part really tickled me

What a complete cock he was, Kent nonce, . I think its a poor draw, but even if hill does play a few reserves surely good enough to see off these upstarts on their plastic pitch. Why do only ass"ole clubs play on plastic pitches,.. Biffos , Preston NobEnd, Luton and did Qpr have a go as well?
FA Cup Draw on 09:53 - Oct 18 with 2015 viewswidgibob

Here's a nice thought.
We are the forth highest placed club in the first round of the F.A. cup.

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

FA Cup Draw on 09:58 - Oct 18 with 2009 viewsdingdangblue

FA Cup Draw on 08:02 - Oct 18 by binsey72

Be called off nowadays on that pitch!

Shocking! Arguably the game that cost us our 1st ever play off finish. We'd only lost 6 all season up till that defeat - never seemed to recover after that, losing 5 of our last 6 matches and Barnet took the last play off place instead of us.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

FA Cup Draw on 10:28 - Oct 18 with 1951 viewsHopwoodblue

FA Cup Draw on 19:42 - Oct 17 by 442Dale

Aye, saw us win there in 1991.

What's the new ground like for away fans? Aren't you developing part of it?

Was it not a midweek game? I was also there. Didn't they sell the ground
after winning promotion to the league. Then ended up going bust half way through a season?
[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 10:35]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

FA Cup Draw on 10:38 - Oct 18 with 1920 viewsTVOS1907

FA Cup Draw on 10:28 - Oct 18 by Hopwoodblue

Was it not a midweek game? I was also there. Didn't they sell the ground
after winning promotion to the league. Then ended up going bust half way through a season?
[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 10:35]

Our first visit there in April 1990 was a midweek game.

The other visits were on Saturday 6th April 1991 and Saturday 18th October 1991.

Our record there is W 1, D 1, L 1!

FA Cup Draw on 10:44 - Oct 18 with 1904 viewsD_Alien

FA Cup Draw on 10:38 - Oct 18 by TVOS1907

The other visits were on Saturday 6th April 1991 and Saturday 18th October 1991.

No chance to make history then

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FA Cup Draw on 10:47 - Oct 18 with 1892 viewsHopwoodblue

FA Cup Draw on 10:38 - Oct 18 by TVOS1907

It must have been the first one then. Did they go bust half way
through a season?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

FA Cup Draw on 11:32 - Oct 18 with 1832 viewsfermin

I was at the midweek game as well.

My memory of Maidstone in the league was that they had some players with unusual names. Oxbrow (or something like that) was one of them.

Personally I think it is a good draw in that it is somewhere new (in ground terms anyway) and has a bit of cup magic about it ie potential giant-killing, even though they don't seem to think much of us as a club. Reminds me a bit of Stevenage several years ago - they got very upset that a non-entity like us took their unbeaten home cup record against league clubs.

I was rather hoping for Merstham away. Went there many years ago to see Wimbledon. Refreshments consisted of an enormous pile of cheese rolls made by volunteers and the chairman came round the railings by the ground to shake hands with all the visiting fans. Seemed a very nice club so happy for them to get a good draw in their first visit to the first round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024