Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? 20:04 - Oct 17 with 2832 viewsNinco

So I sat near this kid at the match on Saturday, and he had the annoying habit of checking his mobile phone about every 30 seconds. Sometimes even less than that. I don't know why he bothered putting it back in his pocket as you knew it was going to come straight back out. I could understand it if he was a businessman or something, but he was a kid and the only phone calls he probably gets are from the paper shop asking him to do an extra paper round. It's definitely some sort of OCD.

Does anyone else have to put up with anything annoying from the people sat round you?
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 20:20 - Oct 17 with 2756 viewsKenBoon

I don't know about annoyances of the unfortunate sat next to me, but on internets forums I have an annoyance where if things are going good on the pitch, gotta find something to moan about off it. Tbf I'm guilty of this too... fecking admin fees. #PeasBeforeHTOnly
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 20:30 - Oct 17 with 2712 viewsolympicdale

Bloke sits next to me constantly taking Snapchat selfies, not sure he knows there's a game going on half the time.

Life is a game of fate.

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 22:01 - Oct 17 with 2563 viewsjokerthief

One guy keeps saying.....Well I,ll go to the foot of our stairs.
what does that mean? wonder what is there..
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 23:12 - Oct 17 with 2419 viewsShun

DOWN THE CHANNNEEELLLLS!*

*Not actually annoying, it wouldn't be the same sans him.
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 23:32 - Oct 17 with 2381 viewsDaleiLama

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 22:01 - Oct 17 by jokerthief

Had he been haranguing the gaffer? If so, maybe he's been sent to the naughty step.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 10:08 - Oct 18 with 2174 viewsNafelad

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 23:32 - Oct 17 by DaleiLama

Had he been haranguing the gaffer? If so, maybe he's been sent to the naughty step.

"Well, I'll go t'foot of our stairs" - It was an exaggerated exclamation of surprise on hearing something that wasn't as fantastic as the person telling you, thought it was. (Google says it originated in the Midlands, but I dispute that, as the phrase was in common use round these parts, when I was growing up).

Topcat

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 10:33 - Oct 18 with 2125 viewsSaxonDale

Not annoying but people by me offer a comprehensive update to how the weeks Fantasy football is going, including assists, clean sheets and missed penalties. It's like watching the match with the cast of Soccer Saturday!
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 10:34 - Oct 18 with 2124 viewsD_Alien

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 10:08 - Oct 18 by Nafelad

"Well, I'll go t'foot of our stairs" - It was an exaggerated exclamation of surprise on hearing something that wasn't as fantastic as the person telling you, thought it was. (Google says it originated in the Midlands, but I dispute that, as the phrase was in common use round these parts, when I was growing up).

Wherever it originated, the question is - why go to t' foot of our stairs? wtf used to happen there?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 13:37 - Oct 18 with 1976 viewsNafelad

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 10:34 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

Wherever it originated, the question is - why go to t' foot of our stairs? wtf used to happen there?

There were variations, eg . . .t'bottom of our garden, or . . .t'back of our house. I don't think why the phrase came into existence can be explained. I know I've used it myself when in conversation with a younger person and they just give me a puzzled expression - it amuses me, but obviously not them!!

Topcat

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 13:50 - Oct 18 with 1946 viewsD_Alien

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 13:37 - Oct 18 by Nafelad

There were variations, eg . . .t'bottom of our garden, or . . .t'back of our house. I don't think why the phrase came into existence can be explained. I know I've used it myself when in conversation with a younger person and they just give me a puzzled expression - it amuses me, but obviously not them!!

Yep, you're right. There must've been some funny going's on at the backs, bottoms and foots!

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 16:52 - Oct 18 with 1784 viewsoff2div1

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 23:12 - Oct 17 by Shun

Down the Middle last game when everyone was in the channel.
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 17:02 - Oct 18 with 1761 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Best to stand in the Sandy.....if(when) someone starts to annoy,just slope off!.....Job done.
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 23:41 - Oct 18 with 1549 viewsShun

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 16:52 - Oct 18 by off2div1

Down the Middle last game when everyone was in the channel.

Yes, noticed that!
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 11:12 - Oct 19 with 1446 viewsDickydaler

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 23:12 - Oct 17 by Shun

Well, it annoys me! Just attention seeking.
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 11:38 - Oct 19 with 1423 viewsShun

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 11:12 - Oct 19 by Dickydaler

Well, it annoys me! Just attention seeking.

It used to annoy me, now I miss it if he isn't there!
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 12:27 - Oct 19 with 1377 viewsrod_leach

When we pass it backwards to try another route, the bloke in front of me often groans loudly and says 'GET IT FORWARD'
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 13:57 - Oct 19 with 1307 viewsBigKindo

Depending on what he had drunk the night before, up to a couple of seasons ago, we had a phantom frater. Such was his generosity that he made sure that all around got their fair share of his public offerings .Perhaps stealth redistribution?
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 14:09 - Oct 19 with 1278 viewsD_Alien

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 13:57 - Oct 19 by BigKindo

Depending on what he had drunk the night before, up to a couple of seasons ago, we had a phantom frater. Such was his generosity that he made sure that all around got their fair share of his public offerings .Perhaps stealth redistribution?

fraternalism at its best

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 15:23 - Oct 19 with 1224 viewsalderleydale

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 22:01 - Oct 17 by jokerthief

Blood and Stomach Pills!!!!
What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 21:47 - Oct 19 with 1069 viewsnordenblue

What annoying habits does the person sat next to you at the match have? on 12:27 - Oct 19 by rod_leach

When we pass it backwards to try another route, the bloke in front of me often groans loudly and says 'GET IT FORWARD'

Had the pleasure of sitting within earshot of an old guy in the Pearl St against bury,who upon everytime the ball was in the air shouted "get it on the bloody floor" a difficult ask when 1 we're not even in possession and 2 the balls 30 foot in the air...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024