Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred 18:59 - Oct 18 with 15619 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Dale XI v Swindon: Lillis, Rafferty, Keane, Canavan, Bunney, Camps, Lund, Hendo, Mendez-Laing, Andrew, Davies #RAFC
Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 21:47 - Oct 18 with 3341 viewsNinco

So who would you play in place of Bunney then?
Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 21:47 - Oct 18 with 3339 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 21:45 - Oct 18 by 442Dale

http://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/27341-he-needs-relieving-of-his-managia

They are struggling with managialing to keep calm down the road.

The poor dears

Keep Calm and Managial On

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 21:51 - Oct 18 with 3266 views442Dale

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 21:47 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

The poor dears

I'm glad the original link illustrates what the thread title was before they managialed to edit it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 21:54 - Oct 18 with 3223 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 21:51 - Oct 18 by 442Dale

I'm glad the original link illustrates what the thread title was before they managialed to edit it.

Perhaps he meant to say Flicker should no longer be in charge of the menagerie?

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 21:57 - Oct 18 with 3190 viewsSuddenLad

Menage- a- Tw@ts ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 21:58 - Oct 18 with 3165 viewsdingdangblue

Could have been worse - a few top teams lost tonight.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 22:03 - Oct 18 with 3087 viewsTVOS1907

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 21:47 - Oct 18 by D_Alien

The poor dears

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 22:03 - Oct 18 with 3077 viewsrobtheb

In a strange sort of way with tonight's results both Oldham and Bury keep us in the chase.
Login to get fewer ads

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 22:06 - Oct 18 with 3050 views442Dale

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 22:03 - Oct 18 by robtheb

In a strange sort of way with tonight's results both Oldham and Bury keep us in the chase.

I'd rather the gap between us and the bottom four remained as large as possible at this stage. It's now six points between us and Oldham in the least relegation spot in a very tight division.

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 22:07 - Oct 18 with 3038 viewsDaleiLama

Bad day at the office. Glad now that I was out with colleagues and missed most of the unravelling (but still kept checking on progress on the phone).
Joe's still only young. Learn and move on.
And when we were bottom, if you'd been told we were going to lose 3-0 away, miss a pen and be down to 10 men but only drop to 5th, I think most would have taken that.
Fingers crossed for a spectacular bounce back at Cov.
UTD

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 22:14 - Oct 18 with 2954 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 21:42 - Oct 18 by 49thseason

4 Yellows
1 Red
17 Free kicks given away (Swindon 13)
1 Missed pen
3 goals conceded
Not the best of nights but almost predictable after Saturday.

= a right good dicking.
Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 22:15 - Oct 18 with 2949 viewsrobtheb

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 22:06 - Oct 18 by 442Dale

I'd rather the gap between us and the bottom four remained as large as possible at this stage. It's now six points between us and Oldham in the least relegation spot in a very tight division.

Fair comment.
Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 22:58 - Oct 18 with 2702 viewsSaxonDale

Blame myself for saying earlier that Henderson had finally learnt how to take a good pen. For those that doubt, Football Gods do exist. I'm going to go sacrifice some Herbalife as way of apology.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 23:02]
Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 23:08 - Oct 18 with 2650 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 22:58 - Oct 18 by SaxonDale

Blame myself for saying earlier that Henderson had finally learnt how to take a good pen. For those that doubt, Football Gods do exist. I'm going to go sacrifice some Herbalife as way of apology.

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 23:14 - Oct 18 with 2631 viewsdingdangblue

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 22:58 - Oct 18 by SaxonDale

The thing is Saturdays pen could have been a bad pen - only the keeper dived the wrong way. Tonight's could have been a good pen only the keeper dived the right way. Always makes me laugh when you see a penalty saved on tv and the commentator says ' that was a poor pen'. Another day the penalty taker puts the ball in exactly the same spot but the keeper guesses wrong and its a 'cooly taken penalty'.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 23:32 - Oct 18 with 2563 viewsShun

Would anyone who made the journey tonight be gracious enough to offer an unofficial match report?

We're still in a fantastic position in the table, although it does look mightily tight below us, tighter even than the Argo's dash between the Clashing Rocks.
Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 23:41 - Oct 18 with 2532 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 23:32 - Oct 18 by Shun

Would anyone who made the journey tonight be gracious enough to offer an unofficial match report?

We're still in a fantastic position in the table, although it does look mightily tight below us, tighter even than the Argo's dash between the Clashing Rocks.

bury won't be happy at you calling them symplegades

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 02:04 - Oct 19 with 2392 viewsrichfoad32

I'll do my best with an unofficial match report.....For the first 20 mins not a lot happened, we had a lot of the ball without ever really creating anything. Swindon started to come into it after that but had done nothing of note before their first. Although it came from a throw in (I think), it must be said that the passage of play leading to the throw came about from a really soft free kick given against Bunney.

Things deteriorated rapidly after that, the back four looked nervy, Canavan's distribution was awful and even Keane was jittery. The movement from Delfouneso was clever for the second but he seemed to have a lot of space to run into, Much as I hate to admit it, because I always thought he was a bit of an overrated big time Charlie, Delfouneso had a good game tonight.

Agreed with the changes at half time, Davies & NML had both been ineffective. Calvin had been our only outlet wide right and we stuck him down the middle instead of Davies. Defo penalty, that was our big chance to get back in it but Hendo blasted it instead of trying to place it. I think their cult hero (bit of a showboating prick) keeper got a hand too it but it may well have struck the woodwork anyway. Once it was missed you got the feeling it wasn't going to be our night. We huffed and puffed without ever looking likely and once Bunney was sent off it was game over. A girly shove and their player went down like he'd been hit by Mike Tyson but it was a stupid thing to do and he had to go. Don't remember much about their third to be fair, think it was from a free kick on the left and Thompson? finished from close range. One thing that stood out was how long the Swindon players took to celebrate a goal, they played 'Glad All Over' over the tannoy after each goal and they must have got through the whole sodding song before they were ready for the restart!

For what it's worth:

Lillis 6 Wasn't at fault for any of the goals I think (unless he could've done better for the first as the shot went across him, I'd have to see the highlights)
Rafferty 6 Probably the pick of the back four tonight.
Canavan 5 Looked nervy and some of his distribution was appalling.
Keane 6 Not as assured as his previous performances.
Bunney 4 Didn't have the greatest game before the sending off, which was stupid. Gave away a lot of free-kicks.
Lund 5 Had a bit of a 'mare tonight. Simple passes went astray and looked off the pace. Wearing day-glo orange boots means there's nowhere to hide as well.
Camps 5 Huffed and puffed but pretty anonymous really.
Hendo 6 Not involved much first half but played wide left second half and created a couple of the few chances we had. Even out of touch he still puts a shift in.
NML 5 Didn't look fit, didn't get involved. Yanked at half time.
Davies 5 See NML
Andrew 6 Probably the pick of the players from a poor performance tonight. Played wide right in the first half and then down the middle after the break. Our outlet ball, put himself about and had a header cleared off the line late on.
SUBS
Odelusi 5 Not convinced. Has that languid style that looks like he can't be arsed. or maybe he just can't. Seem to remember a feeble header from him when well placed late on. I could be wrong, had more or less given up by then.
Rathbone 6 A positive. Worked hard and got stuck in.
Cannon 6 Did alright as well. I like him and think there should be room in the starting line up.

All in all not a great night as the scoreline suggests. But it was gonna happen some time, we dust ourselves down and go again. Up the Dale!
Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 07:57 - Oct 19 with 2146 views442Dale

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 02:04 - Oct 19 by richfoad32

I'll do my best with an unofficial match report.....For the first 20 mins not a lot happened, we had a lot of the ball without ever really creating anything. Swindon started to come into it after that but had done nothing of note before their first. Although it came from a throw in (I think), it must be said that the passage of play leading to the throw came about from a really soft free kick given against Bunney.

Things deteriorated rapidly after that, the back four looked nervy, Canavan's distribution was awful and even Keane was jittery. The movement from Delfouneso was clever for the second but he seemed to have a lot of space to run into, Much as I hate to admit it, because I always thought he was a bit of an overrated big time Charlie, Delfouneso had a good game tonight.

Agreed with the changes at half time, Davies & NML had both been ineffective. Calvin had been our only outlet wide right and we stuck him down the middle instead of Davies. Defo penalty, that was our big chance to get back in it but Hendo blasted it instead of trying to place it. I think their cult hero (bit of a showboating prick) keeper got a hand too it but it may well have struck the woodwork anyway. Once it was missed you got the feeling it wasn't going to be our night. We huffed and puffed without ever looking likely and once Bunney was sent off it was game over. A girly shove and their player went down like he'd been hit by Mike Tyson but it was a stupid thing to do and he had to go. Don't remember much about their third to be fair, think it was from a free kick on the left and Thompson? finished from close range. One thing that stood out was how long the Swindon players took to celebrate a goal, they played 'Glad All Over' over the tannoy after each goal and they must have got through the whole sodding song before they were ready for the restart!

For what it's worth:

Lillis 6 Wasn't at fault for any of the goals I think (unless he could've done better for the first as the shot went across him, I'd have to see the highlights)
Bunney 4 Didn't have the greatest game before the sending off, which was stupid. Gave away a lot of free-kicks.
Lund 5 Had a bit of a 'mare tonight. Simple passes went astray and looked off the pace. Wearing day-glo orange boots means there's nowhere to hide as well.
Hendo 6 Not involved much first half but played wide left second half and created a couple of the few chances we had. Even out of touch he still puts a shift in.
Davies 5 See NML
Andrew 6 Probably the pick of the players from a poor performance tonight. Played wide right in the first half and then down the middle after the break. Our outlet ball, put himself about and had a header cleared off the line late on.
SUBS
Odelusi 5 Not convinced. Has that languid style that looks like he can't be arsed. or maybe he just can't. Seem to remember a feeble header from him when well placed late on. I could be wrong, had more or less given up by then.
Cannon 6 Did alright as well. I like him and think there should be room in the starting line up.

All in all not a great night as the scoreline suggests. But it was gonna happen some time, we dust ourselves down and go again. Up the Dale!

Great report that, thanks!

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:05 - Oct 19 with 2011 viewsswindondale

For what it's worth:

Davies 5 See NML
SUBS

Agreed with my view of the match, good job.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 10:07]
Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 10:29 - Oct 19 with 1962 viewsdingdangblue

Hill not too despondent - obviously the key now is how we respond at a difficult Coventry on Saturday.

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 11:20 - Oct 19 with 1905 viewswimborne_dale

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 21:18 - Oct 18 by boromat

Straight red they were saying the challenge on Bunney was close to being a red but he got a yellow. Bunney retaliated with a little shove and got a straight red

The linesman had a lengthy chat with the ref before Bunny got shown the red card so it looks like he saw something that the ref didn't.
Dale were poor "Can we play you every week?"

Edgar Allan's Crow

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 12:00 - Oct 19 with 1841 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 10:29 - Oct 19 by dingdangblue

Hill not too despondent - obviously the key now is how we respond at a difficult Coventry on Saturday.

Really enjoying Hilly's post-match interviews these days, even in defeat

Balanced, realistic, diplomatic - long may it continue

Swindon Vs Dale Match Fred on 12:17 - Oct 19 with 1794 viewsfrenzied

For what it's worth:

Davies 5 See NML
SUBS

Thanks for that

Really good assessment of the game.

I fully expect us to bounce straight back this sat..a draw would be fine

Swindon come to Spotland soon so we can get revenge then..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024