Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swindon 3 Dale 0 00:16 - Oct 19 with 4388 viewsdingdangblue

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10623172/swindon-3-0-rochdale

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 13:37 - Oct 19 with 1520 viewsKenBoon

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 13:32 - Oct 19 by fitzochris

Last night, the club's official Twitter feed referred to "incredible" bookings and "soft free-kicks" which resulted in bookings.

A little partisan tweeting is to be expected but one such tweet referred to Camps being inexplicably booked for questioning the referee as to why he didn't receive a free-kick.

He cannot do this, that's why he was booked.

The laws are known.

I've not see it, but if he questioned the decision like he did against Wimbledon then he deserves to be booked. I like this new rule. They've got to keep hammering with it though. It's a great chance to stamp out a lot of this nonsense.
Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 14:35 - Oct 19 with 1440 viewsShun

I like it if it's done right. Aggressively haranguing the referee should warrant a booking. Merely asking the referee why a foul wasn't given absolutely should not. I'd be disgusted if I were punished every time I asked why something did or didn't occur at my workplace. I have no idea how Camps asked the referee last night, but if he asked calmly and was booked for it then it's an abhorrent decision. Being unable to question power is a horrible, horrible path to go down.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 14:35]
Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 14:39 - Oct 19 with 1432 viewsfitzochris

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 14:35 - Oct 19 by Shun

I like it if it's done right. Aggressively haranguing the referee should warrant a booking. Merely asking the referee why a foul wasn't given absolutely should not. I'd be disgusted if I were punished every time I asked why something did or didn't occur at my workplace. I have no idea how Camps asked the referee last night, but if he asked calmly and was booked for it then it's an abhorrent decision. Being unable to question power is a horrible, horrible path to go down.

Depends if it contravened any of the below:

The sanctions in full are:

Dissent towards match officials

Yellow cards will be issued to players who:

Show visibly disrespectful behaviour to any match official
Respond aggressively to decisions
Confront an official face to face
Run towards an official to contest a decision
Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards match officials

Red cards will be issued to players who confront match officials and use offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards them.

Physical contact with match officials

A yellow card for physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner (e.g. an inquisitive approach to grab the official’s attention).
A red card for physical contact with match officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner.
Surrounding match officials

A yellow card for at least one player when two or more from a team surround a match official.
The FA will continue to sanction teams when they surround match officials.
Conduct in the technical area

The requirements of the Technical Area Code of Conduct will be more rigorously enforced for players and club staff.
Additionally, match officials will be required to retain professional detachment from players and club staff at all times.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 14:42 - Oct 19 with 1423 viewsdingdangblue

The thing with Bunney's sending off is him being slyly kicked off the ball and his 1st instinct is to jump up and 'fight back' (push). Hendo did the same thing at Wigan. If both stay down the chances are the opposition are down to 10men and not us. They dont seem to be learning.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 14:53 - Oct 19 with 1407 views442Dale

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 13:25 - Oct 19 by KenBoon

Why? Explain why is it rubbish to say "oh well it might be a bad decision but y'know if you give a referee a reason to give a decision then it's okay that it's bad". I'm fed up of referees being given a pass because they had a 'reason' to give a poor decision. If that was a red card then Bunney, Andrew and a couple more berry players would have been sent off during that crowd scene after Cannon was chopped in half on Saturday. If an official is conned by a player then he has an excuse. That one wasn't. It's a terrible decision, made twice as bad because he only books their player. At the very least be right for both or wrong for both.

If it was a terrible decision, and it wasn't in my opinion - it's debatable and we are seeing quite a debate on it - the only way to avoid such a situation is for the situation not to exist in the first place. Bunney didn't have to react like that. We can only control ourselves.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 14:55 - Oct 19 with 1401 viewsShun

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 14:39 - Oct 19 by fitzochris

Depends if it contravened any of the below:

The sanctions in full are:

Dissent towards match officials

Yellow cards will be issued to players who:

Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards match officials

Red cards will be issued to players who confront match officials and use offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards them.

Physical contact with match officials

A yellow card for physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner (e.g. an inquisitive approach to grab the official’s attention).
A red card for physical contact with match officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner.
Surrounding match officials

A yellow card for at least one player when two or more from a team surround a match official.
The FA will continue to sanction teams when they surround match officials.
Conduct in the technical area

The requirements of the Technical Area Code of Conduct will be more rigorously enforced for players and club staff.
Additionally, match officials will be required to retain professional detachment from players and club staff at all times.

"Yellow cards will be issued to players who:

Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards match officials"

Five of those are well and good, but the middle one needs closer analysis. If I'm knocked over by a player and the ball goes out of play for a throw-in and I approach the referee and ask why a foul wasn't given, do I deserve a yellow card? I would despair for football if that were the case. The word 'confront' implies some level of aggression, so perhaps not.
Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 14:57 - Oct 19 with 1393 viewsScunnydale

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 14:42 - Oct 19 by dingdangblue

The thing with Bunney's sending off is him being slyly kicked off the ball and his 1st instinct is to jump up and 'fight back' (push). Hendo did the same thing at Wigan. If both stay down the chances are the opposition are down to 10men and not us. They dont seem to be learning.

Look at Cannon's reaction on Saturday after the red card tackle. He calmy got up and tried to prevent others from getting involved in the melee, that's what we should be getting from all players.
Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 15:06 - Oct 19 with 1375 views442Dale

Last night, the club's official Twitter feed referred to "incredible" bookings and "soft free-kicks" which resulted in bookings.

A little partisan tweeting is to be expected but one such tweet referred to Camps being inexplicably booked for questioning the referee as to why he didn't receive a free-kick.

The laws are known.

The nature of the words was why they were pointed out in the match thread if only to confirm whether the decisions against us were that bad as to lead to them being used. They stood out, and in the absence of not being there we wonder exactly what had gone on. I'm sure anyone reading this messageboard would have appreciated that fans not able to get there appreciated the coverage we do get on Twitter, especially as it tries to paint a picture for those using the service.

Login to get fewer ads

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 15:35 - Oct 19 with 1332 viewsfitzochris

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 15:06 - Oct 19 by 442Dale

The nature of the words was why they were pointed out in the match thread if only to confirm whether the decisions against us were that bad as to lead to them being used. They stood out, and in the absence of not being there we wonder exactly what had gone on. I'm sure anyone reading this messageboard would have appreciated that fans not able to get there appreciated the coverage we do get on Twitter, especially as it tries to paint a picture for those using the service.

That's a whole lot of appreciation

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 15:41 - Oct 19 with 1323 viewsTVOS1907

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 14:55 - Oct 19 by Shun

"Yellow cards will be issued to players who:

Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards match officials"

Five of those are well and good, but the middle one needs closer analysis. If I'm knocked over by a player and the ball goes out of play for a throw-in and I approach the referee and ask why a foul wasn't given, do I deserve a yellow card? I would despair for football if that were the case. The word 'confront' implies some level of aggression, so perhaps not.

Asking about a decision is not a confrontation on its own. It all depends how the asking took place.

I wasn't there last night, but having seen Camps' reactions in other such situations in previous games, I know where my money would be going on this one.

He has also taken to applauding referees when they give free-kicks in his favour. He will fall foul of that in one game, particularly if it comes after he has had other decisions ruled against him.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 15:41 - Oct 19 with 1320 viewsTVOS1907

The laws are known.

Not by everyone, it would seem.

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 15:42 - Oct 19 with 1318 viewsdancdale

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 15:35 - Oct 19 by fitzochris

Edit. Always best to check that family members aren't logged into an iPad before posting!
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 15:44]
Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 15:44 - Oct 19 with 1311 viewsTVOS1907

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 14:35 - Oct 19 by Shun

Players ARE allowed to question decisions, especially the captain. It's the way it is done that is being stamped out and rightly so.

For us to have two players booked last night for this sort of infringement, allied to numerous similar bookings at Bristol Rovers, is disappointing, particularly in light of the club's response to one of the questions posed to them by the Trust recently.

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 15:45 - Oct 19 with 1306 views442Dale

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 15:35 - Oct 19 by fitzochris

It really is. I appreciate that you too appreciate the appreciation that I have for the efforts of others. If I can appreciate and you can appreciate, everybody can appreciate. ( Rocky Balboa, Moscow, 1986. Sort of.)

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 20:31 - Oct 19 with 1033 viewsShun

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 15:44 - Oct 19 by TVOS1907

Players ARE allowed to question decisions, especially the captain. It's the way it is done that is being stamped out and rightly so.

For us to have two players booked last night for this sort of infringement, allied to numerous similar bookings at Bristol Rovers, is disappointing, particularly in light of the club's response to one of the questions posed to them by the Trust recently.

I didn't say whether they were or not. I was replying to fitzo's comment about the club's tweet stating that Camps had been booked for asking why a foul wasn't given. Fitzo said he was correctly booked as this was against the rules. I was saying I'd despair if that were really the case, which apparently it isn't. Of course,the club most probably played down Camps' reaction.
Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 20:42 - Oct 19 with 952 viewsTVOS1907

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 20:31 - Oct 19 by Shun

I didn't say whether they were or not. I was replying to fitzo's comment about the club's tweet stating that Camps had been booked for asking why a foul wasn't given. Fitzo said he was correctly booked as this was against the rules. I was saying I'd despair if that were really the case, which apparently it isn't. Of course,the club most probably played down Camps' reaction.

More than likely, but his reactions are often the sort the new guidelines are designed to stamp out.

No idea if it was last night, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 20:45 - Oct 19 with 940 viewsfitzochris

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 20:31 - Oct 19 by Shun

Perhaps I didn't explain that too well myself, to be fair.

I was making a point that the club Twitter person seemed surprised that Camps was booked for questioning why he didn't get a free kick.

In his 'asking', he clearly contravened one of the points in my post above or he wouldn't have been booked. Or did he? If he didn't, then he's been unfairly booked.

The same with 'soft free kicks' leading to bookings. Is that the case? Was the refereeing that bad?

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 20:51 - Oct 19 with 915 viewsscarrow

My initial reaction to the Camps yellow was it was quite harsh. My impression was camps thought he'd been fouled and he questioned the ref. He definitely wasn't in the refs face and didn't seem to shout but of course I couldn't hear the exact language used. The new rules have to be followed and of course to the strict letter of the law a yellow could well have been justified in the refs eyes.

Mind you the ref v bury was lenient when he was surrounded by a baying mob and didn't book any of them.

Poll: Final position

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 01:10 - Oct 20 with 793 viewsRotherhamDale

Swindon 3 Dale 0 on 13:36 - Oct 19 by dingdangblue

Lets forget all his fantastic play in the last 6 games he's contributed to gaining 18 points then eh?

#patheticblamegame

God forbid anybody comments on a footballers performance. That second goal doesn't happen if Joe steps up alongside the defensive line.

That isn't difficult to see. He's playing every man and his dog onside.

Have I said he should be dropped? No.
Have I said he hasnt been playing well? No.

But obviously it's a #patheticblamegame

Why are you hashtagging on here?

Possession with progression.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024