Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Manager 2017 08:04 - Oct 19 with 4249 viewsKnowlesy

It's that time again, downloaded the beta last night and I know you're always keen for input Chaff so I thought I'd jump straight in before invited (if you don't still do it i apologise but I'm sure you will)

So, firstly, I reckon Morley's ability and potential from what I can see on his reports seem a bit low. He doesn't even have 5 black star potential which seems harsh given what's been said about him in interviews and the snippets that we have seen of him so far! Don't know when you submitted the data though could've been before all of that.

Also, I think that Bunney should have a higher crossing/corners rating as he has proven his quality in that area at the very least, he obviously needs to be playing well consistently to make him any good on the game a few good performances doesn't make him a world beater from what he was previously. Also think that his tackling has improved to be better than the '2' that he has on the game currently!! Although I'm not saying that it should be good by any stretch but maybe not THAT bad!

Other little things like I know we employ a sports scientist and a data analyst and now that these roles are in the game can we not have those staff members in them?

Sorry if I'm jumping the gun here but thought I'd go for it!

Football Manager 2017 on 10:31 - Oct 19 with 4186 viewsAtThePeake

I like to go from a Conference North side and try and build myself up to get the England job so I've started with Altrincham - Alan Goodall being my highest rated player but Billy Hassler Clegg standing out so far.

The social feed addition is pretty cool but I can see it wearing thin with pretty much the same things being shared on there after every match. The 3D match engine is far better, I ended up going back to 2D on the last two games but think I'll be sticking with 3D this time.

I also quite like the idea that you can have pre-contract discussions with promises to players who aren't 100% sure about joining the club. The most frustrating thing on FM16 was the fact that if a player rejected your advances, you had to talk to them and couldn't walk away from negotiations, but then they always 10 times out of 10 ignored what you said and didn't agree to discuss a contract anyway.

Tangled up in blue.

Football Manager 2017 on 12:15 - Oct 19 with 4136 viewsKnowlesy

Football Manager 2017 on 10:31 - Oct 19 by AtThePeake

I like to go from a Conference North side and try and build myself up to get the England job so I've started with Altrincham - Alan Goodall being my highest rated player but Billy Hassler Clegg standing out so far.

The social feed addition is pretty cool but I can see it wearing thin with pretty much the same things being shared on there after every match. The 3D match engine is far better, I ended up going back to 2D on the last two games but think I'll be sticking with 3D this time.

I also quite like the idea that you can have pre-contract discussions with promises to players who aren't 100% sure about joining the club. The most frustrating thing on FM16 was the fact that if a player rejected your advances, you had to talk to them and couldn't walk away from negotiations, but then they always 10 times out of 10 ignored what you said and didn't agree to discuss a contract anyway.

Yeah I do loads of different saves, always do a bottom bottom teat and see what I can do, normally do really well with them but last year I really struggled down there!! Agreed that some of the new features even though relatively small make a massive difference, so many times last year you'd just get players where the conversation goes

'I know you're not that interested but-'
'No.'
'But hear me out what if-'
'No.'
-end of discussion
Football Manager 2017 on 15:05 - Oct 19 with 4056 viewsRoChDaLe

I feel like FM isn't realistic when it comes to transfer fees in the lower leagues. I've just made an enquiry or rory mckeown (LB at Accrington) and they've come back with 1.2million. So i've put a bid in out of curiosity at £700,000 and they've rejected it. That is in no way realistic is it?

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Football Manager 2017 on 18:26 - Oct 19 with 3989 viewsKnowlesy

Football Manager 2017 on 15:05 - Oct 19 by RoChDaLe

I feel like FM isn't realistic when it comes to transfer fees in the lower leagues. I've just made an enquiry or rory mckeown (LB at Accrington) and they've come back with 1.2million. So i've put a bid in out of curiosity at £700,000 and they've rejected it. That is in no way realistic is it?

Dunno if it's much of a consolation but he's just signed for them anyway so he'd be unlikely to move straight on! Plus looking at him I'm not sure he's even worth half of your speculative bid so probably better off
Football Manager 2017 on 18:37 - Oct 19 with 3980 viewsRoChDaLe

Football Manager 2017 on 18:26 - Oct 19 by Knowlesy

Dunno if it's much of a consolation but he's just signed for them anyway so he'd be unlikely to move straight on! Plus looking at him I'm not sure he's even worth half of your speculative bid so probably better off

My bid was purely curiosity, i would of never even gone near 800k for him (150k was my maximum genuine offer). I was just trying to get my point across that these fees are unrealistic so.

Football Manager 2017 on 19:09 - Oct 19 with 3952 viewsChaffRAFC

Cheers for this, beat me to it. All the research was finished around a month ago so while Aaron Morley was highly thought of in pre-season, he wasn't in contention for the first team when I'd finished the research. That said, he's rated better than any of the other YTS lads purely going off pre-season and I've emailed the research team at SI Games to put my case forward for him being improved further.

As for Joe Bunney, the email I sent yesterday was mainly about this chap. I've basically told them that his crossing ability needs improving and that his positional stats need to reflect the fact he's become out first choice left back and has been excellent there. No reply as yet but it will be sorted. The tackling thing is an error on my part. Should be higher than that and will rectify that.

The sports scientist and data analyst things should be in the game now. Are they not? Part of the research this time round was to put these guys in the game and so I managed to get their details and included them in the research. Takes an age to input new staff members so I'll be annoyed if they're not on it.

Any other queries, do not hesitate to ask. Even if you wanna slate the ratings, I can take it, just want the game to be as accurate as it can be.

One thing I will say is that loan players and new signings like Keith Keane and Steven Davies have not been rated by myself but by Cambridge and Bradford researchers respectively. Same with Odelusi and Wigan.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Football Manager 2017 on 19:16 - Oct 19 with 3948 viewsRoChDaLe

Football Manager 2017 on 19:09 - Oct 19 by ChaffRAFC

Cheers for this, beat me to it. All the research was finished around a month ago so while Aaron Morley was highly thought of in pre-season, he wasn't in contention for the first team when I'd finished the research. That said, he's rated better than any of the other YTS lads purely going off pre-season and I've emailed the research team at SI Games to put my case forward for him being improved further.

As for Joe Bunney, the email I sent yesterday was mainly about this chap. I've basically told them that his crossing ability needs improving and that his positional stats need to reflect the fact he's become out first choice left back and has been excellent there. No reply as yet but it will be sorted. The tackling thing is an error on my part. Should be higher than that and will rectify that.

The sports scientist and data analyst things should be in the game now. Are they not? Part of the research this time round was to put these guys in the game and so I managed to get their details and included them in the research. Takes an age to input new staff members so I'll be annoyed if they're not on it.

Any other queries, do not hesitate to ask. Even if you wanna slate the ratings, I can take it, just want the game to be as accurate as it can be.

One thing I will say is that loan players and new signings like Keith Keane and Steven Davies have not been rated by myself but by Cambridge and Bradford researchers respectively. Same with Odelusi and Wigan.

They are definitely on it. Started a save with rochdale and bournemouth have paid £25,000 for my performance analyst. You have to select that you want them included in the database when you start a new 'career' though. Can't remember the exact wording which they used though.

Football Manager 2017 on 20:58 - Oct 19 with 3903 viewsKnowlesy

Football Manager 2017 on 19:09 - Oct 19 by ChaffRAFC

Yeah absolutely, I didn't mention the loanees because I know it's out of your control.

We DO have a data analyst on it to be fair I've never heard of him but assume that's correct but we don't have a sports scientist. And it doesn't highlight when signing one what the 'key attributes' are so can't even begin to think who to recruit!

I did think that a lot of the ratings will have been done before the upturn in performances just wanted to make sure. Only other thing I'd say really as the ratings are quite similar to last year on the most part is that perhaps mcdermott's dribbling and/or flair could be higher? Even if it's at the expense of other stats to 'make room' in his current ability so to speak for me those are his key attributes (personal opinion)

Oh and as callum camps is taking up a deeper role more regularly nowadays perhaps incorporate that into his positions, and I've always thoughthought his positioning stat is a bit harsh, I don't think he's so inept to warrant like 3 for positioning or whatever it is!

On the case of morley, good news that you're trying in terms of his ability one thing I'd definitely mention is that on my game his determination is 3!!! Dunno if that's one of the stats that you've left as random or what but defo needs looking at IMHO, as if nothing else it'd seriously hinder his development in game.

Cheers as usual btw chaff!
Login to get fewer ads

Football Manager 2017 on 21:00 - Oct 19 with 3901 viewsKnowlesy

Football Manager 2017 on 19:16 - Oct 19 by RoChDaLe

They are definitely on it. Started a save with rochdale and bournemouth have paid £25,000 for my performance analyst. You have to select that you want them included in the database when you start a new 'career' though. Can't remember the exact wording which they used though.

We definitely don't have a sports scientist on my save but we have a data analyst. Pretty sure I wouldn't have left whatever box for this unticked cos in normally pretty comprehensive on setup but if I've left that out then my mistake.
Football Manager 2017 on 09:39 - Oct 20 with 3801 viewshull_dale19

I've started a save as Rochdale, will you be able to carry it over when the full game kicks in? Apologies if that's a stupid question!

My data analyst had West Ham and Burnley fighting over his services! On the field, doing well. Four wins out of five in the league, Steven Davies has scored seven goals (including two hat-tricks!)

Signed Anthony Gerrard and Bob Harris on frees, also got a link-up with Everton and brought Tom Davies (defensive mid) and Conor McAleny (left wing) in who have both been excellent.
Football Manager 2017 on 12:56 - Oct 20 with 3726 viewsRoChDaLe

Football Manager 2017 on 09:39 - Oct 20 by hull_dale19

I've started a save as Rochdale, will you be able to carry it over when the full game kicks in? Apologies if that's a stupid question!

My data analyst had West Ham and Burnley fighting over his services! On the field, doing well. Four wins out of five in the league, Steven Davies has scored seven goals (including two hat-tricks!)

Signed Anthony Gerrard and Bob Harris on frees, also got a link-up with Everton and brought Tom Davies (defensive mid) and Conor McAleny (left wing) in who have both been excellent.

What formation are you playing? I've started one and been a bit unlucky with recruitment but i also can't seem to get NML playing well?

Football Manager 2017 on 13:59 - Oct 20 with 3690 viewsRoChDaLe

I must say though (might be a tad harsh) that FM seems to be getting more and more like Fifa each year. The last one i properly played was FM12 which was miles better for finely tuning what exact formation you wanted and what you wanted your team to do. I downloaded FM13 maybe 14 and they made a huge switch to make it all modernised and it was awful. Anyone else think this?

Football Manager 2017 on 14:18 - Oct 20 with 3681 viewshull_dale19

Football Manager 2017 on 12:56 - Oct 20 by RoChDaLe

What formation are you playing? I've started one and been a bit unlucky with recruitment but i also can't seem to get NML playing well?

Playing 4-2-3-1, with NML on the right wing, McAleny on the left as an inside forward and Hendo in behind Davies as a second striker.

NML has three goals so far, all far post tap-ins!
Football Manager 2017 on 15:19 - Oct 20 with 3632 viewsKnowlesy

Football Manager 2017 on 13:59 - Oct 20 by RoChDaLe

I must say though (might be a tad harsh) that FM seems to be getting more and more like Fifa each year. The last one i properly played was FM12 which was miles better for finely tuning what exact formation you wanted and what you wanted your team to do. I downloaded FM13 maybe 14 and they made a huge switch to make it all modernised and it was awful. Anyone else think this?

Are you talking about the old style sliders? I have to admit that when they changed it i was disappointed as I'd properly fine tuned the exact notches on everything to get my team playing how I wanted! Nowadays though I like the player roles system as it is a lot more realistic and allows you to make sweeping changes a lot quicker. And let's be honest, you could never say to a team in real life 'right lads, I want you to play your passing 30% direct and I want your width to be 80%. Tempo? 60%' so why in FM
Football Manager 2017 on 18:25 - Mar 22 with 3024 viewsRoChDaLe

Anyone care to explain why Calvin Andrew has 19/20 passing in the recent update? Really random!

Football Manager 2017 on 21:56 - Mar 22 with 2962 viewsboromat

Football Manager 2017 on 18:25 - Mar 22 by RoChDaLe

Anyone care to explain why Calvin Andrew has 19/20 passing in the recent update? Really random!

He passes when he wants!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Football Manager 2017 on 22:00 - Mar 22 with 2951 viewsAtThePeake

Football Manager 2017 on 09:39 - Oct 20 by hull_dale19

Might struggle to get Tom Davies in after the more recent updates!

Tangled up in blue.

Football Manager 2017 on 22:53 - Mar 22 with 2916 viewsThacks_Rabbits

And forget Lewis Vaughan ajayi and jack little. Prices insane. Swindon do like to buy mcnulty still

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Football Manager 2017 on 06:36 - Mar 23 with 2850 viewsChaffRAFC

Football Manager 2017 on 18:25 - Mar 22 by RoChDaLe

Probably a cock up on my part!

Certainly wasnt supposed to have the passing ability of Xavi!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Football Manager 2017 on 10:37 - Mar 23 with 2789 viewsKnowlesy

Football Manager 2017 on 06:36 - Mar 23 by ChaffRAFC

Probably a cock up on my part!

Certainly wasnt supposed to have the passing ability of Xavi!

He's a beast now our Calvin. His stats are still gash (except for his pinpoint passing) but he's on fire for me
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024