Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it a first for Dale? 16:09 - Oct 20 with 2848 viewsBigKindo

The appeal against Joe Bunney's red at Swindon has been upheld. No ban will be served.
Is it a first for Dale? on 16:15 - Oct 20 with 2376 viewsTVOS1907

No, Gary Jones at Northampton in February 2004, Daryl Burgess at Northampton in October 2004, Ernie Cooksey at Notts County in January 2005 and Nathan Stanton at Aldershot in January 2009, from memory.

Two of those do have a twist, though.

Burgess managed to get himself sent off again a fortnight later, while Stanton was sent-off the next time we played Aldershot.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Is it a first for Dale? on 16:16 - Oct 20 with 2374 viewsBartRowou

Ernie Cooksey had a red reduced to yellow which meant he could play v Charlton in the FA Cup match. Think he got it at Notts County.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Is it a first for Dale? on 16:19 - Oct 20 with 2355 viewsdingdangblue

You wonder if the ref had any involvement? Hill did say he was speaking to him afterwards - I presume he may have looked at the incident again and agreed it wasn't 'Violent Conduct'.
Good news for Joe - hope he's learnt a lesson too about reacting and retaliating.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Is it a first for Dale? on 16:23 - Oct 20 with 2338 viewsTVOS1907

Is it a first for Dale? on 16:19 - Oct 20 by dingdangblue

You wonder if the ref had any involvement? Hill did say he was speaking to him afterwards - I presume he may have looked at the incident again and agreed it wasn't 'Violent Conduct'.
Good news for Joe - hope he's learnt a lesson too about reacting and retaliating.

Looking at the video footage too, it seems like the ref had been over to his assistant before showing the red card. On second viewing, he perhaps decided it wasn't the right decision.

Is it a first for Dale? on 16:41 - Oct 20 with 2255 viewsValleySaddler

Is it a first for Dale? on 16:19 - Oct 20 by dingdangblue

The Ref had what seemed a very long conversation with his assistant.
For me it looked as if it was the assistants influence that saw the card issued.
Glad to see common sense has prevailed and hopefully Joe will learn from this experience.
A line can now be drawn under a bad night and we can move on to Coventry.
Is it a first for Dale? on 17:14 - Oct 20 with 2162 viewsD_Alien

Is it a first for Dale? on 16:15 - Oct 20 by TVOS1907

No, Gary Jones at Northampton in February 2004, Daryl Burgess at Northampton in October 2004, Ernie Cooksey at Notts County in January 2005 and Nathan Stanton at Aldershot in January 2009, from memory.

Burgess managed to get himself sent off again a fortnight later, while Stanton was sent-off the next time we played Aldershot.

Those are "from memory" ?!

Does this decision mean the card is reduced to a yellow, or no card at all?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is it a first for Dale? on 17:27 - Oct 20 with 2118 viewsSaxonDale

Is it a first for Dale? on 17:14 - Oct 20 by D_Alien

This could be (probably is) complete rubbish and if it is everyone feel free to tell me, but isn't an appeal only successful if it's decided the incident deserved no card?

I've just read what I've put and it does sound like rubbish.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2016 17:50]
Is it a first for Dale? (n/t) on 17:31 - Oct 20 with 2101 viewsSaxonDale

[Post edited 20 Oct 2016 17:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Is it a first for Dale? on 17:48 - Oct 20 with 2035 views442Dale

Thought it could have been a yellow for each player on first viewing but could also see why a red was produced. It'd be interesting to see the full explanation of the original decision and the reason to overturn it, but I doubt they release that much info.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is it a first for Dale? on 17:48 - Oct 20 with 2033 viewsSaxonDale

Is it a first for Dale? (n/t) on 17:31 - Oct 20 by SaxonDale

[Post edited 20 Oct 2016 17:49]

Rubbish double post.

Well done football league for common sense, wasn't a sending off IMO. Consider this a get out of jail card Bunney, next time you might not be so lucky and in your current form we need you in the side.
Is it a first for Dale? on 17:54 - Oct 20 with 2013 viewsSuddenLad

Gary Jones at Northampton was a 'mistaken identity' issue, so that was always going to be a winning appeal.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Is it a first for Dale? on 17:56 - Oct 20 with 2010 viewsD_Alien

Is it a first for Dale? on 17:48 - Oct 20 by SaxonDale

Rubbish double post.

Well done football league for common sense, wasn't a sending off IMO. Consider this a get out of jail card Bunney, next time you might not be so lucky and in your current form we need you in the side.

Didn't sound like rubbish - it sounded like one of those arcane rules the FA produce to protect refs and prevent their panel having to make a decision which requires an actual thought process - but still awaiting clarification from someone in the know.

If it's a yellow, Bunney has to be very careful for the reasons you mention, not least because those he's picked up in the last two games (if yellow on Tuesday) were both for off-the-ball incidents, and entirely avoidable. One of the features of his fullbackery has been the uncanny timing of his tackling, which normally for fullbacks is the source of their yellows.

Is it a first for Dale? on 17:56 - Oct 20 with 2009 viewsTVOS1907

Aye, from memory, as I didn't have my files at hand to look it up.

I've asked the club about your second question.

Is it a first for Dale? on 17:58 - Oct 20 with 1995 viewsTVOS1907

Is it a first for Dale? on 17:48 - Oct 20 by 442Dale

Thought it could have been a yellow for each player on first viewing but could also see why a red was produced. It'd be interesting to see the full explanation of the original decision and the reason to overturn it, but I doubt they release that much info.

My guess is that the incident looked different from the linesman's angle.

Is it a first for Dale? on 18:00 - Oct 20 with 1990 viewsDaley_Lama

Did bury get theirs over-turned as well from satdee?

Poll: DF in or out

Is it a first for Dale? on 18:18 - Oct 20 with 1936 viewsdingdangblue

Is it a first for Dale? on 18:00 - Oct 20 by Daley_Lama

Did bury get theirs over-turned as well from satdee?

You cant appeal 2 yellow cards apparently, and the straight red has been upgraded to a GBH charge!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Is it a first for Dale? on 18:36 - Oct 20 with 1882 viewsrichfoad32

I wonder if Bunney's reaction on Tuesday and also against Bury when he came a long way to get needlessly involved after Cannon was fouled, is some sort of bid to gain approval?

He's taken a lot of stick, not least on this board, for his rather fragile physique and the fact he was bullied and dominated easily by physical centre-halves when playing up front, maybe someone had a quiet word telling him he needed to 'man up' or whatever and this is how it's manifested. It's unnecessary if so, he's been a revelation so far at left-back and whilst it's good to see he's up for the battle it would be a shame to see a petulant side creep into his game.
Is it a first for Dale? on 18:42 - Oct 20 with 1855 viewsTVOS1907

No card at all, apparently!

Is it a first for Dale? on 19:19 - Oct 20 with 1772 viewsD_Alien

Is it a first for Dale? on 18:42 - Oct 20 by TVOS1907

No card at all, apparently!

Ah, that might fall into line with what SaxonDale thought?

He's a lucky Bunney, on another occasion it could easily have been another yellow against him

[Post edited 20 Oct 2016 19:25]

Is it a first for Dale? on 20:07 - Oct 20 with 1654 views49thseason

Common sense prevails! This could be the best thing to happen to Bunney, he will have spent a few difficult nights thinking about how easy it is to be sent off these days. Let's hope he can now forget the macho stupidity and concentrate on becoming a really good fullback. Maybe the lesson will also get through to Camps and some of the other players who still want to be silly boys rather than cool, calculating professionals .
Is it a first for Dale? on 20:24 - Oct 20 with 1606 viewsChaffRAFC

Remember the Burgess tackle very well. I normally give referees the benefit of the doubt when others scream at the ref with blue tinted specs on but that tackle by Burgess was one of the best tackles you'll ever see and I nearly exploded when he gave a penalty!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Is it a first for Dale? on 23:19 - Oct 20 with 1403 viewsD_Dale

This decision makes the upholding of Hendo's sending off at Wigan look unfair. Then Pearce writhed as though he'd been hit by a truck, and the Swindon player gave a performance that suggested he'd received more than a shove.

Bunney has been a bit lucky to escape a 3-match ban. I hope he makes the most of his opportunities to play - and in future if fouled rolls about a bit himself rather than go for his opponent.
Is it a first for Dale? on 23:33 - Oct 20 with 1378 views442Dale

Is it a first for Dale? on 23:19 - Oct 20 by D_Dale

This decision makes the upholding of Hendo's sending off at Wigan look unfair. Then Pearce writhed as though he'd been hit by a truck, and the Swindon player gave a performance that suggested he'd received more than a shove.

Bunney has been a bit lucky to escape a 3-match ban. I hope he makes the most of his opportunities to play - and in future if fouled rolls about a bit himself rather than go for his opponent.

In both instances, what the opposition player does is of little consequence. What it does illustrate is there's one surefire way to avoid having to make any appeals - keep our discipline.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is it a first for Dale? on 23:38 - Oct 20 with 1361 viewsTVOS1907

I don't know about you, but I'd rather our players didn't behave in that way.

The Henderson and Bunney incidents are also completely different in how they panned out.

Is it a first for Dale? on 23:43 - Oct 20 with 1351 viewsdingdangblue

Kicking someone is obviously deemed worse than pushing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024