Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£100 Half Season Tickets! 16:16 - Oct 21 with 49852 viewsAlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-football

Another good step - about £10 a game!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 16:17]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:15 - Oct 21 with 2198 viewsR17ALE

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:45 - Oct 21 by Daley_Lama

Pearl St

Buy a season ticket £370
Buy a season ticket with loyalty voucher £345

Under this scheme, attend every single game, paying on the gate

11 games = £100
12 games @ £20 = £240
Total £340

I thought long and hard this summer when ST renewal came around as I know I always miss 4/5 games a season due to work. (missed 3 already)

I will not give it a second thought next summer. Final straw.

Edit: Read the whole thread now and I see that others had already done the maths previously. I'm happy that this is 95% well received, I don't mind being the odd one out on this one in thinking it's a kick in the knackers for those of us who bought a ST, especially new ST holders who paid the full price.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 22:07]

But Lama, and I'm not disagreeing, I never would dare! But I take the view that as a fan I want to see the best possible team that can be assembled. If that means I've got to dig deep, then I will, as have our Directors to be fair. £25,000 each. And some.

But I know my attitude stinks as it enables clubs to take the piss. Yet I do have a limit - I avoided Hartlepool away a year or two back at £25 for a shit seat.

But, I don't mind chipping in what I can to further our club. I know you feel aggrieved at the moment, but you've contributed to the overall greater good even if you feel conned right now.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:32 - Oct 21 with 2146 viewsDaley_Lama

I am aggrieved, this happens every season to some extent, this one however is stunningly insulting to season ticket holders and i simply will not put myself in this position again by buying one. I feel thoroughly let down and it is the last time that will happen.

This is good for the club, the vast majority, i see all of that. That is why i am happy to be the unhappy 5%

Poll: DF in or out

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:39 - Oct 21 with 2131 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:44 - Oct 21 by R17ALE

And Dale are making an offer which I think is hard to refuse to anyone remotely interested in the club. Get your 100 nicker out BJ and return to the fold! You never know, you might even enjoy it!

I wouldn't go that far...

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:40 - Oct 21 with 2132 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:29 - Oct 21 by Bobbyjoe

An entirely laudable attitude, R17, which does you much credit. I'm afraid I should feel much more like The DJ! But it's still only tinkering round the edges; £100 for half a season will put a few score on the gate; £100 for a full season would put thousands on! Your analogy with Asda is very apposite, but Asda don't bleat about how few people come to their stores, they make people offers they can't refuse!

On what evidence would a £100 season ticket suddenly put thousands on?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:41 - Oct 21 with 2121 viewsFrog

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:32 - Oct 21 by Daley_Lama

I am aggrieved, this happens every season to some extent, this one however is stunningly insulting to season ticket holders and i simply will not put myself in this position again by buying one. I feel thoroughly let down and it is the last time that will happen.

This is good for the club, the vast majority, i see all of that. That is why i am happy to be the unhappy 5%

No idea if I'm right, but if tis deal means that ST buyers at the start of the season are worse off then this is a negative move, unless they get a pro rata refund.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:46 - Oct 21 with 2105 viewsBobbyjoe

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:40 - Oct 21 by TVOS1907

On what evidence would a £100 season ticket suddenly put thousands on?

Absolutely none!
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:47 - Oct 21 with 2097 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:46 - Oct 21 by Bobbyjoe

Absolutely none!

Oh!

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:29 - Oct 21 with 2039 viewsD_Alien

Think we need to take a step back. Last season, on the basis of what looked like a nod and a wink, we ended up massively underwhelmed by what was on offer when the ST pricing was announced. We assumed there was going to be a genuine, honest step forward. Instead, it proved to be a hundred steps back.

We've got the offer of a half-season ticket for any stand at less than a tenner a game if all games are attended - a major leap forward by any stretch of the imagination. Let's be careful that we don't assume too much about next season's ST pricing on the back of that. I doubt it'll work out at a tenner a game - certainly not for all stands. It could end up as a disappointment when in fact the club might genuinely put forward a pricing structure much more favourable to the pockets of fans - and we have been pockets of fans for a very long time!

The key thing here is communication. Don't set us up for a fall. Get rid of anything that appears sneaky. It's not that difficult, and we're a willing audience - just willing the club to get it right.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:36 - Oct 21 with 2016 views442Dale

What could the club do to make you less aggrieved? I think that's what needs looking at now. Ensuring such a brilliant idea doesn't impact negatively. And it's really easy to achieve with a goodwill gesture to existing ST holders.

What's worth remembering here is that we have a new CEO who has his own ideas and as such what happened in the summer with ST is a separate issue - he believes this is now the route to go down. Hopefully by continuing to listen to fans (and it must include reading this forum), then I'm sure existing ST holders can be focused on too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:54 - Oct 21 with 1997 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:36 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

What could the club do to make you less aggrieved? I think that's what needs looking at now. Ensuring such a brilliant idea doesn't impact negatively. And it's really easy to achieve with a goodwill gesture to existing ST holders.

What's worth remembering here is that we have a new CEO who has his own ideas and as such what happened in the summer with ST is a separate issue - he believes this is now the route to go down. Hopefully by continuing to listen to fans (and it must include reading this forum), then I'm sure existing ST holders can be focused on too.

Putting reserved stickers on ST holder seats would be a start in my own experience.

Poll: What is it to be then?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:13 - Oct 22 with 1967 viewsDaley_Lama

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:54 - Oct 21 by judd

Putting reserved stickers on ST holder seats would be a start in my own experience.

Too late to save me but judd could be rescued.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:44 - Oct 22 with 1935 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:13 - Oct 22 by Daley_Lama

Too late to save me but judd could be rescued.

I'm the proud architect of my own demise thank you very much Lama. Sorry to read your thoughts on this thread but at least it'll be easier to get a pie at half time now you won't be buying them all. Just wondering if the half season ticket works retrospectively so you can get a ton back for August? (Less the imperative admin fee of course)

Poll: What is it to be then?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 03:37 - Oct 22 with 1882 viewsDaley_Lama

It's them coffee buyers who slow up the pie queue, not guilty m'lud.

£370 season ticket.
£100 half season ticket

Brilliantly shit, no matter what time of night I think about it.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 06:40 - Oct 22 with 1853 viewsSandyman

Would you consider buying a season ticket next season if it cost less than this season ?
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 07:04 - Oct 22 with 1848 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 03:37 - Oct 22 by Daley_Lama

It's them coffee buyers who slow up the pie queue, not guilty m'lud.

£370 season ticket.
£100 half season ticket

Brilliantly shit, no matter what time of night I think about it.

Just supposing next season a £20 seat s/t is priced at £300

If your current s/t enabled you to buy the same ticket for £230, would your existential angst be assuaged?

Would current non-s/t holders have any objection to that?

These are the sort of deals the club need to be thinking about, and just as importantly, communicating with the fanbase and beyond about

In addition, drop all admin charges. They're surely just not worth the public relations disaster they represent

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:09 - Oct 22 with 1750 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 07:04 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

Just supposing next season a £20 seat s/t is priced at £300

If your current s/t enabled you to buy the same ticket for £230, would your existential angst be assuaged?

Would current non-s/t holders have any objection to that?

These are the sort of deals the club need to be thinking about, and just as importantly, communicating with the fanbase and beyond about

In addition, drop all admin charges. They're surely just not worth the public relations disaster they represent

Communicating such ideas, adding a line here and there to head off potential issues is relatively easy to achieve.

The positivity within the article is so good to see, it's about ensuring that isn't diluted unnecessarily by missing an opportunity to please almost* everybody. Listening to fans is great, so maybe taking this a stage further and having a 'Fans Panel' / 'Supporters Liaison Officers' could be useful? It would allow specific input into articles such as this - it can only be a good thing: "Have a read of that, anything you feel we've possibly not considered from a fans point of view?"

* you'll never find an idea that is perfect for everyone, but you should always look to improve even the very best ones. The points made about that bloody admin fee illustrate this. I doubt there's anyone who thinks that reminding us of that again is a good idea.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:33 - Oct 22 with 1716 viewsDaley_Lama

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 06:40 - Oct 22 by Sandyman

Would you consider buying a season ticket next season if it cost less than this season ?

No.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:44 - Oct 22 with 1706 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:33 - Oct 22 by Daley_Lama

No.

If there had been mention of current ST holders and plans for them, would that have helped in you holding off on such a decision?

You don't have to answer btw! It's that this is a good case study around the point I was trying to make in the previous post. It could be really useful to the club.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:07 - Oct 22 with 1683 viewsThe_DJ

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 09:44 - Oct 22 by 442Dale

If there had been mention of current ST holders and plans for them, would that have helped in you holding off on such a decision?

You don't have to answer btw! It's that this is a good case study around the point I was trying to make in the previous post. It could be really useful to the club.

Based on how the club functions there will be no plan.
Units don't talk and Directors have no clue what is chargeable or not

If the pricing strategy is a reduction next year then make the announcement now and kill all the speculation.

Just wonder how many of the people who see this as a positive are not current Season Ticket holders compared to those who are ( R17 has kindly stated ).

As Lama put it
Full price 370.00
Half Price 100.00

A great potential deal for some but another 'kick in the balls' for many.

Let's please have some transparency on next years pricing plans.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:08 - Oct 22 with 1675 viewsDaley_Lama

No, once more.

when buying a season ticket i have always expected it to be the best value for money that season.

The value of paying up front is no longer there, it has been eroded over the last few years.

1. Vouchers turning from being tangible to being discounts
2. 2 for £20, £5 games, bring a friend for free, various initiatives
3. Removal of the early bird for those paying in May
4. This deal

The club are evidently looking at pricing and they can be applauded in that, but in doing this deal this season they have mugged off the fans that i consider the loyalist.

I will attend games next season, junior will have a season ticket next season, at £10 it's a no brainer and will be used for the few games i take him to.

We will still be watching football every weekend, but we will not be tied to Rochdale by an adult season ticket

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:18 - Oct 22 with 1649 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:08 - Oct 22 by Daley_Lama

No, once more.

when buying a season ticket i have always expected it to be the best value for money that season.

The value of paying up front is no longer there, it has been eroded over the last few years.

1. Vouchers turning from being tangible to being discounts
2. 2 for £20, £5 games, bring a friend for free, various initiatives
3. Removal of the early bird for those paying in May
4. This deal

The club are evidently looking at pricing and they can be applauded in that, but in doing this deal this season they have mugged off the fans that i consider the loyalist.

I will attend games next season, junior will have a season ticket next season, at £10 it's a no brainer and will be used for the few games i take him to.

We will still be watching football every weekend, but we will not be tied to Rochdale by an adult season ticket

Some fair points for the club to consider. And as its someone totally new coming up with some of these ideas, it really is worth looking back at the mistakes previously when launching initiatives.

Though I will pick you up on the "loyalist" bit! While accepting it's a personal view, there's no supporter who can be considered more loyal than another because we are all different and show our loyalty in whatever way we can. The bloke who has always paid every week and goes to every away game is as loyal as those who get a ST. As is the fan who can only get to ten games a year due to circumstances.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:23 - Oct 22 with 1641 viewsisitme

Just caught up with this thread. As a season ticket holder for a number of years I have no problem with this initiative. In order to make the club progress we need more supporters to generate a greater income to help improve the stadium and increase the playing budget.

It is obvious that current pricing models have not worked. Which is really pleasing is that Russ Green appears to be attempting to get to grips with this issue. For a current non season ticket holder the half season ticket is a brilliant offer and excellent value for money. Also a good second half to the season, coupled with the implied competitively priced season tickets for next season could see a big increase in sales. If a fall in prices does not see a significant increase in sales then people cannot complain that reducing prices has not been tried.

The club cannot rely on an ever dwindling group of season ticket holders if it is to progress. Yes some people may be annoyed that other people have a perceived 'better deal' than they have but most businesses use deals to entice new customers. I am sure that every support want the club to do well and if this is a way of seeing more progress then sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:29 - Oct 22 with 1632 viewsDaley_Lama

The fan who only goes to ten games is able to stop paying if he feels he is being ripped off.

A season ticket holder does not Financially loyalist is a better terminology.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:34 - Oct 22 with 1628 viewsSandyman

Each to their own of course. I didn't like the way S T's were dealt with last Spring so I didn't get one and wasn't on my own. I'll get a half season one now. Some object to how S T's are being dealt with at the latter end of the season. They may not renew. These are economic decisions people make.

I had a look on the Argos website for something this morning. They have quite a few special deals on to attract custom. In the listings for these items, on the "additional information" section, they say "Please note item ****** has previously been on sale at ***.** . Clearly they didn't think sales were good enough at the original price so offered reductions to increase sales. Simple business sense. Some previous purchasers might feel miffed, new buyers will be tempted in. That's how buying and selling works in our economy, not just at RAFC. Buyers and sellers make choices. With suitable marketing, I reckon the club are on a winner with this one. Some won't like it - c'est la vie - but it is very much a step in the right direction towards getting more people into the COA.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:48 - Oct 22 with 1604 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:34 - Oct 22 by Sandyman

Each to their own of course. I didn't like the way S T's were dealt with last Spring so I didn't get one and wasn't on my own. I'll get a half season one now. Some object to how S T's are being dealt with at the latter end of the season. They may not renew. These are economic decisions people make.

I had a look on the Argos website for something this morning. They have quite a few special deals on to attract custom. In the listings for these items, on the "additional information" section, they say "Please note item ****** has previously been on sale at ***.** . Clearly they didn't think sales were good enough at the original price so offered reductions to increase sales. Simple business sense. Some previous purchasers might feel miffed, new buyers will be tempted in. That's how buying and selling works in our economy, not just at RAFC. Buyers and sellers make choices. With suitable marketing, I reckon the club are on a winner with this one. Some won't like it - c'est la vie - but it is very much a step in the right direction towards getting more people into the COA.

But as we established in the summer, football fans are a different sort of customer. If those who are already ST holders had seen themselves acknowledged with some news of offers for them, it would have pleased almost everyone.

It's about taking the individual 'oh it's alright for me' out of the situation as much as possible.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024