Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£100 Half Season Tickets! 16:16 - Oct 21 with 50818 viewsAlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-football

Another good step - about £10 a game!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 16:17]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:48 - Oct 22 with 2294 viewsBobbyjoe

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:18 - Oct 22 by 442Dale

Some fair points for the club to consider. And as its someone totally new coming up with some of these ideas, it really is worth looking back at the mistakes previously when launching initiatives.

Though I will pick you up on the "loyalist" bit! While accepting it's a personal view, there's no supporter who can be considered more loyal than another because we are all different and show our loyalty in whatever way we can. The bloke who has always paid every week and goes to every away game is as loyal as those who get a ST. As is the fan who can only get to ten games a year due to circumstances.

That's poppycock, 442! Wholly admirable sentiments but poppycock, nonetheless. Of course there are degrees of loyalty and support. It's plain daft to equate "supporters" such as I, say, with season-ticket holders, who are the life-blood of the club, and whom the club alienates at their peril. This initiative is fantastic news for those, like me, least deserving of it. I wholly applaud it, but it probably just makes it cheaper for those who were going anyway.There's no getting away from the fact that it's a powerful disincentive to buy a full-price ticket (unless it is ludicrously cheap) next summer, because, who knows, a half-ticket might be fifty quid next winter.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:03 - Oct 22 with 2260 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:48 - Oct 22 by Bobbyjoe

That's poppycock, 442! Wholly admirable sentiments but poppycock, nonetheless. Of course there are degrees of loyalty and support. It's plain daft to equate "supporters" such as I, say, with season-ticket holders, who are the life-blood of the club, and whom the club alienates at their peril. This initiative is fantastic news for those, like me, least deserving of it. I wholly applaud it, but it probably just makes it cheaper for those who were going anyway.There's no getting away from the fact that it's a powerful disincentive to buy a full-price ticket (unless it is ludicrously cheap) next summer, because, who knows, a half-ticket might be fifty quid next winter.

So anyone who didn't get a ST in the summer is less loyal? Or the bloke who never does but goes to every game home and away is less loyal? The life-blood of the club are all the supporters.

The only thing about defining loyalty is that it is down to the opinion of an individual. Mine is that someone who bothers to get up in the early hours on the other side of the world to listen to Daleplayer is far more loyal than me checking scores on my phone. All situational, yet still wrong of me to do so.

Those that have committed to buying a ST already should now be made to realise that this is just valued as those who have turned up every week and may now want to buy a £100 ticket. Very achievable.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:14 - Oct 22 with 2228 viewsBobbyjoe

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:03 - Oct 22 by 442Dale

So anyone who didn't get a ST in the summer is less loyal? Or the bloke who never does but goes to every game home and away is less loyal? The life-blood of the club are all the supporters.

The only thing about defining loyalty is that it is down to the opinion of an individual. Mine is that someone who bothers to get up in the early hours on the other side of the world to listen to Daleplayer is far more loyal than me checking scores on my phone. All situational, yet still wrong of me to do so.

Those that have committed to buying a ST already should now be made to realise that this is just valued as those who have turned up every week and may now want to buy a £100 ticket. Very achievable.

I will probably attend four or five games this season, tops. As I live within sight, and a short walk, of the ground, I'm demonstrably not a loyal supporter! Take it back!
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:36 - Oct 22 with 2173 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:14 - Oct 22 by Bobbyjoe

I will probably attend four or five games this season, tops. As I live within sight, and a short walk, of the ground, I'm demonstrably not a loyal supporter! Take it back!

In terms of poppycock, living distance from the ground as an arbiter of loyalty in supporting the club is a fine benchmark

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:50 - Oct 22 with 2133 viewsroccydaleian

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:34 - Oct 22 by 1mark1

I think it's an excellent offer and idea and hope that it transforms into a full ST being available for any stand for £200 max, possibly down to £150 if sales show that , that would entice a lot more people into Spotland.

Current full price paying ST holders should be entitled to a discount on next seasons ST, as some form of compensation for in effect paying more than those that will take up this seasons half ST.

Next seasons prices. All season ticket prices any stand.

U11 s ST £10. Match day £1. Any stand.
U 18s ST £50 Match day £5.
U21s ST £100. Match day £10
Others £200 but reduced to £150 IF the club sells a certain number of £200 STs . Match day £ 15 All stands except Main stand , but £5 voucher off a future game given to each person paying £20 and away stand £20.

The ability to pay monthly, with a premium no more than say £20 over a season or over 9/10 months.

No vouchers to be given with STs .

So will you be purchasing one Mark?
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:53 - Oct 22 with 2118 viewsDale23years

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:50 - Oct 22 by roccydaleian

My guess no

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:05 - Oct 22 with 2084 viewsBobbyjoe

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:36 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

In terms of poppycock, living distance from the ground as an arbiter of loyalty in supporting the club is a fine benchmark

D_Alien, your constant attack-dog mode is really wearisome!
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:08 - Oct 22 with 2077 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:05 - Oct 22 by Bobbyjoe

D_Alien, your constant attack-dog mode is really wearisome!

It's a modus operandi

I have plenty of lighter moments too, but I just can't abide bullshit

Login to get fewer ads

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:15 - Oct 22 with 2050 viewsKenBoon

It's probably worth noting that all our local derby home games would have been played when this kicks in. There's a few games against ''bigger' clubs but Bradford and Sheffield United are the only clubs (off the top of my head) that would bring really big followings.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:26 - Oct 22 with 2014 viewsCamdenDale

If ST holders feel cheated, or treated unfairly, by buying at full whack in May, it follows they must think the half-season deal was cynically planned, or at least anticipated, all along? Is this not so?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 16:27]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:44 - Oct 22 with 1962 viewsCamdenDale

I mean, the 'I've been treated like a sucker'/'he's paying less than me' line makes no sense unless you think it was intentional and tactical to maximise revenue from the most loyal and then try to mop up the rest from the off. Personally I doubt that was the thinking.

Even if there were some small truth in that analysis what the hell. The club is not run FOR the supporters. We are there, should we wish, to support the club.

When we are run like West Ham and pay £5 for tray of fries then fair play.

No-one makes money from Rochdale AFC - we just have some pretty good employees at the moment. And servants like Mr Dunphy.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 16:46]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:51 - Oct 22 with 1942 viewsBobbyjoe

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:08 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

It's a modus operandi

I have plenty of lighter moments too, but I just can't abide bullshit

My point was that, as someone who could easily attend but elects not to, that demonstrably makes me a far less loyal supporter (indeed not a loyal supporter at all), than several thousand others and virtually all contributors to this board. Is that really so controversial! My exchange with 442 was entirely lighthearted.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:54 - Oct 22 with 1927 viewsLaveritty

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:29 - Oct 22 by TrueDaleBlue

The point is that You and your colleagues got the initial season ticket pricing and marketing of those spectacularly wrong, and was told so before they went on sale with the feedback from the Dale Trust, but you went ahead with your pricing strategy anyway. Thankfully we now have somebody ( Russ Green ) on board who is a football person and seems to have a bit more of an idea on what is required to sell the season tickets at a more attractive price to entice new/ lapsed customers.
I myself was one of those that didn't renew in the summer for the simple reason I thought the club was taking the piss, but will now buy one of the half season tickets because it's good value for money.
What you have to remember is this is a Fans forum, for the Fans, to congratulate or moan at anything to do with the club, not for employees of the club to massage their ego's.
Just for the record I would of felt aggrieved if I had bought in the summer, only for this offer to have been made now, luckily for me I will now benefit from this.

Think you've mis-interpreted my post(s)! You refer to 'me and my colleagues' and 'this is a fan's forum...not for employees of the club to massage their egos' thereby implying that I must work for RAFC!

You are so wrong it is actually quite amusing!

I am not and never have been employed by the club. I am a Dale fan of 30 years standing and feel I am allowed to post on here just as much as any fan. In fact, I only signed up to this message board as a result of having been verbally abused by another Dale employee (KH) and a director (GR) at the end of the Wimbledon home game - remember the 'Disgrace' thread? Check back through that thread and look at my posts and see if you are still of the same opinion?

I voiced my concerns then about the directors of the club and their inaction in addressing serious problems of how to attract new fans to the club. My posts on here are simply congratulating the board on having made a massive first step in attempting to do so!!! I am also, as previously stated, flabbergasted at the amount of negativity that people on here are adding to this thread! I repeat what I have said countless times in this thread - surely any attempt to get more fans through the turnstiles at Rochdale should be welcomed and applauded even if that means a few people perceive themselves to be a few quid (£10 - £30 has been suggested on here!) worse off as a result. Or would they rather see the team continue to play in front of paltry crowds just so long as they were getting their full value out of a ST?

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:03 - Oct 22 with 1891 views1mark1

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:50 - Oct 22 by roccydaleian

Hopefully.

Have you not any view of what I said about possiible price structure?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 17:07]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:04 - Oct 22 with 1882 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:51 - Oct 22 by Bobbyjoe

My point was that, as someone who could easily attend but elects not to, that demonstrably makes me a far less loyal supporter (indeed not a loyal supporter at all), than several thousand others and virtually all contributors to this board. Is that really so controversial! My exchange with 442 was entirely lighthearted.

It may well have been, but I couldn't miss an opportunity to get the term 'modus operandi' into a post. I also like the word bullshit.

But in the main, I posted in consideration of your falling on the negative side of the debate. The loyalty issue is pretty irrelevant.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:09 - Oct 22 with 1843 viewsroccydaleian

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:03 - Oct 22 by 1mark1

Hopefully.

Have you not any view of what I said about possiible price structure?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 17:07]

Yes. I agree.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:14 - Oct 22 with 1831 views1mark1

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:53 - Oct 22 by Dale23years

My guess no

Really? Well hopefully I will be able too, and prove you wrong. Even if I do, or not, never mind about me, concentrate on your own actions.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 17:15]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:14 - Oct 22 with 1828 viewsRAFCBLUE

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:44 - Oct 22 by CamdenDale

I mean, the 'I've been treated like a sucker'/'he's paying less than me' line makes no sense unless you think it was intentional and tactical to maximise revenue from the most loyal and then try to mop up the rest from the off. Personally I doubt that was the thinking.

Even if there were some small truth in that analysis what the hell. The club is not run FOR the supporters. We are there, should we wish, to support the club.

When we are run like West Ham and pay £5 for tray of fries then fair play.

No-one makes money from Rochdale AFC - we just have some pretty good employees at the moment. And servants like Mr Dunphy.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 16:46]

I think that's a fair point.

The point I made in April was that RAFC has on average circa 7,000 empty spaces to sell each home game. Most of those spaces are in home end areas.

It doesn't help that the current number of season ticket holders is lower than last year due to the pricing and advertising debacle at the end of last season. It's been well documented that that lost the club a ton of goodwill.

And I can see and agree with Lama's point - a season ticket should be the cheapest way to watch the home games over a season.

But - our club has to start to attract loads of young people to watch it. If it doesn't we will die.

Free tickets for juniors and cheap entry for their accompanying adults has to be the way to go and getting a generation into watching Rochdale thrive at one of the best times in the clubs existence.

More people paying less has to be be the way to go.

I'd like to think that the club could find a way of chipping back the difference to current ST holders - let's say it's £30 a head ; so £30,000. You'd get that back next season in goodwill alone.

How many clubs have given season ticket holders money back AFTER a season has started? We'd be a first!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:15 - Oct 22 with 1823 viewsdingdangblue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:15 - Oct 22 by KenBoon

It's probably worth noting that all our local derby home games would have been played when this kicks in. There's a few games against ''bigger' clubs but Bradford and Sheffield United are the only clubs (off the top of my head) that would bring really big followings.

Already noted 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:19 - Oct 22 with 1796 views442Dale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:14 - Oct 22 by RAFCBLUE

I think that's a fair point.

The point I made in April was that RAFC has on average circa 7,000 empty spaces to sell each home game. Most of those spaces are in home end areas.

It doesn't help that the current number of season ticket holders is lower than last year due to the pricing and advertising debacle at the end of last season. It's been well documented that that lost the club a ton of goodwill.

And I can see and agree with Lama's point - a season ticket should be the cheapest way to watch the home games over a season.

But - our club has to start to attract loads of young people to watch it. If it doesn't we will die.

Free tickets for juniors and cheap entry for their accompanying adults has to be the way to go and getting a generation into watching Rochdale thrive at one of the best times in the clubs existence.

More people paying less has to be be the way to go.

I'd like to think that the club could find a way of chipping back the difference to current ST holders - let's say it's £30 a head ; so £30,000. You'd get that back next season in goodwill alone.

How many clubs have given season ticket holders money back AFTER a season has started? We'd be a first!

Putting out such a 'money back' gesture for goodwill purposes would possibly also see a percentage of fans say "it's ok, keep the money."

As a club we have to look further than short-term monetary gain. It started yesterday. Build the fanbase and the rest will sort itself.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:51 - Oct 22 with 1677 viewsTrueDaleBlue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 16:54 - Oct 22 by Laveritty

Think you've mis-interpreted my post(s)! You refer to 'me and my colleagues' and 'this is a fan's forum...not for employees of the club to massage their egos' thereby implying that I must work for RAFC!

You are so wrong it is actually quite amusing!

I am not and never have been employed by the club. I am a Dale fan of 30 years standing and feel I am allowed to post on here just as much as any fan. In fact, I only signed up to this message board as a result of having been verbally abused by another Dale employee (KH) and a director (GR) at the end of the Wimbledon home game - remember the 'Disgrace' thread? Check back through that thread and look at my posts and see if you are still of the same opinion?

I voiced my concerns then about the directors of the club and their inaction in addressing serious problems of how to attract new fans to the club. My posts on here are simply congratulating the board on having made a massive first step in attempting to do so!!! I am also, as previously stated, flabbergasted at the amount of negativity that people on here are adding to this thread! I repeat what I have said countless times in this thread - surely any attempt to get more fans through the turnstiles at Rochdale should be welcomed and applauded even if that means a few people perceive themselves to be a few quid (£10 - £30 has been suggested on here!) worse off as a result. Or would they rather see the team continue to play in front of paltry crowds just so long as they were getting their full value out of a ST?

Ok, I stand corrected, and apologies if I offended you. But I don't think it so much as negativity, but annoyance by the current season ticket holders thinking they have been shafted, surely you can see that, maybe they could be rewarded by giving their vouchers from their season ticket books to potential new customers, and for every new customer they attract they are given money back or vouchers for the club shop.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:57 - Oct 22 with 1666 viewsShun

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:04 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

It may well have been, but I couldn't miss an opportunity to get the term 'modus operandi' into a post. I also like the word bullshit.

But in the main, I posted in consideration of your falling on the negative side of the debate. The loyalty issue is pretty irrelevant.

Any post with a bit of Latin thrown in is fine by me. The language of the literati.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:19 - Oct 22 with 1621 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:57 - Oct 22 by Shun

Any post with a bit of Latin thrown in is fine by me. The language of the literati.

"Revocant in bello canibus"

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:22 - Oct 22 with 1616 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 13:10 - Oct 22 by The_DJ

Does read as you are being called out.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion which is based on personal circumstances and previous interactions with the club.

Shame the bullying on here against anyone who has a different view on anything is as rife as ever.

Personally I will wait and see what the club announces before deciding about next season , although it may be next April before a plan is finalised.

Your third sentence is ridiculous. Bullying? Really?

It's just someone having another view.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:31 - Oct 22 with 1586 viewsVivaDonaldo

Seen afew people mention that season ticket holders are the life blood of this football club. To further the analogy I see this as the club attempting a transfusion. Our old blood is aging and dying out and the body desperately needs new blood to survive.

If this transfusion doesn't take the body doesn't have a good prognosis!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024