Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£100 Half Season Tickets! 16:16 - Oct 21 with 49848 viewsAlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-football

Another good step - about £10 a game!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 16:17]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:35 - Oct 22 with 1934 viewsdalefan

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 17:14 - Oct 22 by 1mark1

Really? Well hopefully I will be able too, and prove you wrong. Even if I do, or not, never mind about me, concentrate on your own actions.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 17:15]

Mark, don't worry about him he's a wind up merchant, just see his other posts, he's only on here today because bury don't play until Monday
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:40 - Oct 22 with 1931 views1mark1

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:35 - Oct 22 by dalefan

Mark, don't worry about him he's a wind up merchant, just see his other posts, he's only on here today because bury don't play until Monday

Cheers Dalefan. Yes I can tell he/she was trying to wind me up, just a shame he or she can't just concentrate on their own actions.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:47 - Oct 22 with 1912 viewsLaveritty

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:51 - Oct 22 by TrueDaleBlue

Ok, I stand corrected, and apologies if I offended you. But I don't think it so much as negativity, but annoyance by the current season ticket holders thinking they have been shafted, surely you can see that, maybe they could be rewarded by giving their vouchers from their season ticket books to potential new customers, and for every new customer they attract they are given money back or vouchers for the club shop.

Not offended - just amused that you thought I was employed by the club as a result of my championing their efforts.

For what it's worth yes I can understand that those who are already ST holders may feel a little miffed. However we are only talking relatively small figures and surely increased attendances can only be in everybody's best interest even if it means people getting a better deal.

People have made reference elsewhere to the retail industry selling unwanted or overstocked items at reduced prices to clear. Isn't that what this amounts to? At most home games Rochdale AFC has an overstock of 7,500 seats that generate no revenue whatsoever so it makes commercial sense to sell them at reduced rates.

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:12 - Oct 22 with 1872 viewsdalenumber2

I bought a season ticket for the Pearl Street in the Summer. I could be upset by this however can see that the club is at last making some positive moves to get the attendance up. So I'm not going to complain - but hope that the cost of a full season ticket next year will be reduced too. It's worth a punt.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:30 - Oct 22 with 1850 viewsjudd

This is what I don't get - that this generous offer will increase attendances. Already we have had a number on this thread who pay in weekly state they will take advantage and fair play to them. That does not increase the attendance and effectively halves the revenue. Say we have 1,000 paying adults each home game most of whom attend virtually every game. Say it is only they who avail of this offer. That's £100k of cash flow generated 3 or 4 months early but halving the revenue that these who would have gone anyway would generate. If we sell 20 or 30 or 100 tickets to new supporters is this really a success?

At the risk of appearing negative I have no issue if this offer has a significant uptake over and above the numbers I mention. It will take a marketing effort like nothing we have seen before to generate the significant additional headcount that this initiative deserves.

Someone also needs to get the chairman to buy Lama a pie. Or three.

Poll: What is it to be then?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:45 - Oct 22 with 1795 viewsLaveritty

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:30 - Oct 22 by judd

This is what I don't get - that this generous offer will increase attendances. Already we have had a number on this thread who pay in weekly state they will take advantage and fair play to them. That does not increase the attendance and effectively halves the revenue. Say we have 1,000 paying adults each home game most of whom attend virtually every game. Say it is only they who avail of this offer. That's £100k of cash flow generated 3 or 4 months early but halving the revenue that these who would have gone anyway would generate. If we sell 20 or 30 or 100 tickets to new supporters is this really a success?

At the risk of appearing negative I have no issue if this offer has a significant uptake over and above the numbers I mention. It will take a marketing effort like nothing we have seen before to generate the significant additional headcount that this initiative deserves.

Fully agree with your second paragraph and hope that the club don't simply think that this announcement in itself is sufficient. It needs to be marketed and promoted to the absolute maximum in order to tempt as many people as possible to join up.

It needs to be advertised all across town and the outlying areas and plastered on bus shelters and advertising hoardings so that it shouts out to people so loud that they are intrigued enough to invest in a half-season ticket. Get something in the Rochdale Observer (some kind of advertorial feature maybe?) and repeat it week after week for the next 2 months and really push it as much as possible. Just expecting this offer to be snapped up by the apathetic Rochdale townfolk will not be sufficient - it needs to be aggressively targeted at those who do not currently attend matches rather than just selling to people who would come anyway.

The announcement is merely the beginning - the club now need to develop a strategy to get it out there and maximise the revenue generated! I hope they are up to the task?

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:51 - Oct 22 with 1771 viewsNorthYorksDale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:30 - Oct 22 by judd

I think the reality is that 1000 on the gate you refer to is made up of a larger number individuals probably around 2000 or more. When those people are making the decision shall i go to the game its very easy to find that something else comes up or makes it not so convenient. Once they have a ticket then the opposite happens, its more ive already paid so ive got to go.
If we get get a big chunk of those to buy the half season ticket it will see gates rise. imho.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 20:52]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:51 - Oct 22 with 1771 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:45 - Oct 22 by Laveritty

Fully agree with your second paragraph and hope that the club don't simply think that this announcement in itself is sufficient. It needs to be marketed and promoted to the absolute maximum in order to tempt as many people as possible to join up.

It needs to be advertised all across town and the outlying areas and plastered on bus shelters and advertising hoardings so that it shouts out to people so loud that they are intrigued enough to invest in a half-season ticket. Get something in the Rochdale Observer (some kind of advertorial feature maybe?) and repeat it week after week for the next 2 months and really push it as much as possible. Just expecting this offer to be snapped up by the apathetic Rochdale townfolk will not be sufficient - it needs to be aggressively targeted at those who do not currently attend matches rather than just selling to people who would come anyway.

The announcement is merely the beginning - the club now need to develop a strategy to get it out there and maximise the revenue generated! I hope they are up to the task?

Fook the Ob how about the database of 16,000 or so who went to Wembley? A simple Mail chimp mailshot campaign will cost relatively little to get the message to people the club know have spent money on going to that game. Even snail mail to their home addresses.

RCD or someone similar could hit every dwelling in the borough with a leaflet. Usually direct mailing generates a 2% take up of offers.

Login to get fewer ads

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:57 - Oct 22 with 1744 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:51 - Oct 22 by NorthYorksDale

I think the reality is that 1000 on the gate you refer to is made up of a larger number individuals probably around 2000 or more. When those people are making the decision shall i go to the game its very easy to find that something else comes up or makes it not so convenient. Once they have a ticket then the opposite happens, its more ive already paid so ive got to go.
If we get get a big chunk of those to buy the half season ticket it will see gates rise. imho.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 20:52]

Fair enough about the 1,000 not being the same 1,000 each game. So the take up of say 50% of the 2,000 you mention take up the offer then the nett result is as I alluded to. Still extreme whichever way we look at it. It's not going to significantly increase attendances without it being pushed over and beyond those who come to games already with whatever regularity. If you see my point.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:18 - Oct 22 with 1702 viewsNorthYorksDale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:57 - Oct 22 by judd

Fair enough about the 1,000 not being the same 1,000 each game. So the take up of say 50% of the 2,000 you mention take up the offer then the nett result is as I alluded to. Still extreme whichever way we look at it. It's not going to significantly increase attendances without it being pushed over and beyond those who come to games already with whatever regularity. If you see my point.

Absolutely agree with your point on getting this advertised extensively, new attendees or those with very few previous attendances would be the best result.
I just think we can expect an increase from existing supporters such as myself. Before the half price announcement in my best will in the world mind I'd have hoped to get to maybe 7 or even 8 home games in the second half of the season, however the reality is it would probably be nearer 3 or 4 if im lucky after allowing for the other things that come up on a w/e. Now when Ive got a ticket already...."sorry love, ive already got a ticket", and as junior has his free ticket for him and another for his mate this initiative will put 3 on the gate from 1 sale (sat games anyhow)
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:22 - Oct 22 with 1690 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:18 - Oct 22 by NorthYorksDale

Absolutely agree with your point on getting this advertised extensively, new attendees or those with very few previous attendances would be the best result.
I just think we can expect an increase from existing supporters such as myself. Before the half price announcement in my best will in the world mind I'd have hoped to get to maybe 7 or even 8 home games in the second half of the season, however the reality is it would probably be nearer 3 or 4 if im lucky after allowing for the other things that come up on a w/e. Now when Ive got a ticket already...."sorry love, ive already got a ticket", and as junior has his free ticket for him and another for his mate this initiative will put 3 on the gate from 1 sale (sat games anyhow)

Agreed. Say on the same equation there are 300 of you that will now attend all not just some. Is that a success?

I'd love to know if there is a precident for this working successfully elsewhere.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:38 - Oct 22 with 1646 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:22 - Oct 22 by judd

Agreed. Say on the same equation there are 300 of you that will now attend all not just some. Is that a success?

I'd love to know if there is a precident for this working successfully elsewhere.

RG has history at Hartlepool

You'd have to think the Dale board brought him in with this kind of ticket promotion in mind

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:40 - Oct 22 with 1639 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:38 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

RG has history at Hartlepool

You'd have to think the Dale board brought him in with this kind of ticket promotion in mind

That is not proof this has worked previously. The Directors deserve a rewarding initiative that works for the Club and fan base. I hope they've done their maths.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:49 - Oct 22 with 1615 views49thseason

Just wanted to mention that offer prices that end with a 9 outsell those that don't by up to 24% in retail tests. If the deal was £99 .99 and the target is 1000 sales, the difference could be worth an extra £24k and another 240 people watching games.
The psychology of price points is well established, even cars are usually priced at say 24,999 rather than £25,000. For some reason, RAFC has never attempted to sell at what retailers would regard as "proper" price points.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:50 - Oct 22 with 1608 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:40 - Oct 22 by judd

That is not proof this has worked previously. The Directors deserve a rewarding initiative that works for the Club and fan base. I hope they've done their maths.

Of course it's a risk, and i wasn't suggesting the Hartlepool experiment as proof, simply that RG at least has experience in this type of initiative. Don't think there can be 'proof' because each club is different; if the team doesn't perform it falls by the wayside etc.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 21:52]

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:52 - Oct 22 with 1598 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:50 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

Of course it's a risk, and i wasn't suggesting the Hartlepool experiment as proof, simply that RG at least has experience in this type of initiative. Don't think there can be 'proof' because each club is different; if the team doesn't perform it falls by the wayside etc.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 21:52]

Tell us about the initiative then that worked at Hartlepool along these same lines. Genuine question.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:55 - Oct 22 with 1584 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:49 - Oct 22 by 49thseason

Just wanted to mention that offer prices that end with a 9 outsell those that don't by up to 24% in retail tests. If the deal was £99 .99 and the target is 1000 sales, the difference could be worth an extra £24k and another 240 people watching games.
The psychology of price points is well established, even cars are usually priced at say 24,999 rather than £25,000. For some reason, RAFC has never attempted to sell at what retailers would regard as "proper" price points.

Good point if targeting new customers. What happens when 1,000 existing customers avail of a 50% off offer?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:57 - Oct 22 with 1576 viewsRAFCBLUE

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:40 - Oct 22 by judd

Yes there is.

Hartlepool sold over 5,300 in the year they priced at £100.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2015235/Fans-rush-buy-Hartlepo

Of course, there would have been hundreds of Newcastle fans and Sunderland fans who had one as a second team.

And in subsequent years I am sure the numbers dropped as prices increased.

Worth a try if only to lure City, United and bury fans interested in having a proper team to follow!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:00 - Oct 22 with 1561 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:57 - Oct 22 by RAFCBLUE

Yes there is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2015235/Fans-rush-buy-Hartlepo

Of course, there would have been hundreds of Newcastle fans and Sunderland fans who had one as a second team.

Worth a try if only to lure City, United and bury fans interested in having a proper team to follow!

Half way through the season? Alienating some of those who paid full price at the outset when told their increased prices hadn't really increased?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:01 - Oct 22 with 1558 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:57 - Oct 22 by RAFCBLUE

Yes there is.

Cheers, just beat me to it

Not sure why it should be posed as a 'genuine question' - it's pretty widely known and was discussed on here at the time

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:05 - Oct 22 with 1543 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:01 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

Cheers, just beat me to it

Not sure why it should be posed as a 'genuine question' - it's pretty widely known and was discussed on here at the time

Genuine question because I knew you would take issue with being challenged.

Your link relates to pre season. This offer is absolutely nothing like.

The biggest appeal of this offer is to those previously alienated by pre season pricing policy.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:15 - Oct 22 with 1527 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:05 - Oct 22 by judd

The biggest appeal of this offer is to those previously alienated by pre season pricing policy.

I didn't take issue with anything - I simply responded to your post about whether this type of ticketing had been tested elsewhere. I wasn't the only one who replied about Hartlepool.

In terms of the offers, it goes without saying that the half-season ticket is different from a pre season ticket.

The biggest appeal of this offer has yet to be determined, it depends on the uptake. It could be lapsed fans or, if marketed correctly, a wider audience.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:20 - Oct 22 with 1515 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:15 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

I didn't take issue with anything - I simply responded to your post about whether this type of ticketing had been tested elsewhere. I wasn't the only one who replied about Hartlepool.

In terms of the offers, it goes without saying that the half-season ticket is different from a pre season ticket.

The biggest appeal of this offer has yet to be determined, it depends on the uptake. It could be lapsed fans or, if marketed correctly, a wider audience.

You took issue by questioning the word genuine.

You responded with a link to a wholly unrelated offer as proof of precident and now you backtrack.

You are quite correct in us not knowing how it will pan out but I disagree with your assertion about the biggest appeal. It is a fact that the easiest to sell to is existing customers. Give them a 50% discount on what they'd spend anyway and they spend 50% less.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:25 - Oct 22 with 1503 viewsdingdangblue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:05 - Oct 22 by judd

The biggest appeal of this offer to me is what it leads to next season. I'm not bothered about what I've paid this season now - thats long gone.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:26 - Oct 22 with 1498 viewsRAFCBLUE

The offer came 13 games into the season - 7 of which were at home. 16 to play.

It offers 11 games from 30th December for £100.

There are many precedents across all UK an European leagues over bundles of tickets which are more advantageously priced than a season ticket. Usually this is to sell excess capacity. All lift sales.

What is odd here is that:
1) The package offered is for 11 games , not 3 or 5 or any other number.
2) The offer comes very early - 9 weeks before the offer starts and only 11 weeks into a season.

As I said elsewhere, I'd love the club to find the means of offering a rebate to every season ticket holder which at most is £30. Masses of positive PR and a first of giving back to ST holders. I think I said before that I think a ST should give you the best financial value.

I find the word alienated a bit strong. I think as someone else said, no one is forcing a person to buy either a 23 game package or an 11 game package at a set price - it becomes personal choice.

The evidence of other clubs suggests this strategy will add numbers to the gate - but I'll need to wait until this time next year to prove that with attendance figures.

But it has worked elsewhere, most significantly Hartlepool. And I think it will work here.

Time will tell.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024