Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£100 Half Season Tickets! 16:16 - Oct 21 with 50751 viewsAlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-football

Another good step - about £10 a game!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 16:17]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:26 - Oct 22 with 1897 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:20 - Oct 22 by judd

You took issue by questioning the word genuine.

You responded with a link to a wholly unrelated offer as proof of precident and now you backtrack.

You are quite correct in us not knowing how it will pan out but I disagree with your assertion about the biggest appeal. It is a fact that the easiest to sell to is existing customers. Give them a 50% discount on what they'd spend anyway and they spend 50% less.

Actually, you just said you used the word genuine because "you knew i'd take issue with being challenged" - which preceded my reply

Nor am I backtracking. I didn't claim it to be the very same initiative - those were your words

What I was trying to do in replying to your post was point up the connection between RG at Hartlepool and RG at Dale, and the board having brought him in with experience of reducing ST pricing to increase the fan base - which was successful at Hartlepool for a while. Another poster did the same, posting the same link I was just about to.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 22:28]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:35 - Oct 22 with 1866 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:26 - Oct 22 by RAFCBLUE

The offer came 13 games into the season - 7 of which were at home. 16 to play.

It offers 11 games from 30th December for £100.

There are many precedents across all UK an European leagues over bundles of tickets which are more advantageously priced than a season ticket. Usually this is to sell excess capacity. All lift sales.

What is odd here is that:
1) The package offered is for 11 games , not 3 or 5 or any other number.
2) The offer comes very early - 9 weeks before the offer starts and only 11 weeks into a season.

As I said elsewhere, I'd love the club to find the means of offering a rebate to every season ticket holder which at most is £30. Masses of positive PR and a first of giving back to ST holders. I think I said before that I think a ST should give you the best financial value.

I find the word alienated a bit strong. I think as someone else said, no one is forcing a person to buy either a 23 game package or an 11 game package at a set price - it becomes personal choice.

The evidence of other clubs suggests this strategy will add numbers to the gate - but I'll need to wait until this time next year to prove that with attendance figures.

But it has worked elsewhere, most significantly Hartlepool. And I think it will work here.

Time will tell.

Time will indeed tell.

I stick by the word alienated because some still express that sense of feeling. One has already stated he'll take the offer up probably because it's so generous.

I asked 5 blokes in the pub tonight who occasionally go to the Dale if they'd spend £100 before Xmas to see the second half of the season. 4 said no and one said he'd only go to 4 matches so wouldn't save owt.

We cannot compare ourselves to champions league offerings etc with respect. We have to compete with pub s streaming premier league games and a local populace beset with no appetite for a great local product.

Poll: What is it to be then?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:40 - Oct 22 with 1849 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:26 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

Actually, you just said you used the word genuine because "you knew i'd take issue with being challenged" - which preceded my reply

Nor am I backtracking. I didn't claim it to be the very same initiative - those were your words

What I was trying to do in replying to your post was point up the connection between RG at Hartlepool and RG at Dale, and the board having brought him in with experience of reducing ST pricing to increase the fan base - which was successful at Hartlepool for a while. Another poster did the same, posting the same link I was just about to.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 22:28]

The 5300 ST sales led to an average home attendance of 4800 or thereabouts. In 5 years it has declined by 1100. But the initial sale was pre season. No known precedent as far as I can see but sincerest best wishes to the club with this.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:49 - Oct 22 with 1815 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:40 - Oct 22 by judd

The 5300 ST sales led to an average home attendance of 4800 or thereabouts. In 5 years it has declined by 1100. But the initial sale was pre season. No known precedent as far as I can see but sincerest best wishes to the club with this.

It's hopefully the first in a series of initiatives - RG referred to it as a precursor - so there's no point any of us trying to be too definitive at this stage, which is precisely why I've questioned those who've been negative. I was one of the first to suggest that current ST holders should be recompensed in some way for their layout, perhaps by a concomitant reduction in their ticket price at renewal; those who intend to, that is.

We have to start somewhere. Good wishes won't be enough, it'll be honest and continued marketing that'll be needed, plus continued succcess on the pitch; but the good wishes of all those of us who want to see the Dale team better supported will, I'm sure, be welcomed by all.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 22:52]

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:01 - Oct 22 with 1783 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:49 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

It's hopefully the first in a series of initiatives - RG referred to it as a precursor - so there's no point any of us trying to be too definitive at this stage, which is precisely why I've questioned those who've been negative. I was one of the first to suggest that current ST holders should be recompensed in some way for their layout, perhaps by a concomitant reduction in their ticket price at renewal; those who intend to, that is.

We have to start somewhere. Good wishes won't be enough, it'll be honest and continued marketing that'll be needed, plus continued succcess on the pitch; but the good wishes of all those of us who want to see the Dale team better supported will, I'm sure, be welcomed by all.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 22:52]

Analysing a proposition is not a negative. Raising what if's is standard commercial practice.

There is not enough known about future initiatives alluded to in order for some posters to have attracted the labelling of bullshit.

With regards calling me out on offering good wishes if you had actually digested all I have written on this then you will see my marketing comments are hugely prevalent in attracting a new and therefore increased and sustained audience,.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:04 - Oct 22 with 1775 viewsnordenblue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:26 - Oct 22 by RAFCBLUE

The offer came 13 games into the season - 7 of which were at home. 16 to play.

It offers 11 games from 30th December for £100.

There are many precedents across all UK an European leagues over bundles of tickets which are more advantageously priced than a season ticket. Usually this is to sell excess capacity. All lift sales.

What is odd here is that:
1) The package offered is for 11 games , not 3 or 5 or any other number.
2) The offer comes very early - 9 weeks before the offer starts and only 11 weeks into a season.

As I said elsewhere, I'd love the club to find the means of offering a rebate to every season ticket holder which at most is £30. Masses of positive PR and a first of giving back to ST holders. I think I said before that I think a ST should give you the best financial value.

I find the word alienated a bit strong. I think as someone else said, no one is forcing a person to buy either a 23 game package or an 11 game package at a set price - it becomes personal choice.

The evidence of other clubs suggests this strategy will add numbers to the gate - but I'll need to wait until this time next year to prove that with attendance figures.

But it has worked elsewhere, most significantly Hartlepool. And I think it will work here.

Time will tell.

I can't see a problem really,people through their own choice bought a product at a specific time that offered to them good value there and then.

How can you expect to take a product back months later asking for a refund for something that's now selling for less in a sale.....
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:06 - Oct 22 with 1770 views49thseason

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:55 - Oct 22 by judd

Good point if targeting new customers. What happens when 1,000 existing customers avail of a 50% off offer?

I guess, in a very back of an envelope stylee, 1000 people who pay say an average of £15 (many probably Concessions) = £15,000 per game, if they all buy a £100 ticket, the loss would be £5-6,000 per game or £55-66K by the end of the season. To offset this loss, they would need to sell another 5-600 Half Season Tickets to people who currently don't attend.
These numbers will clearly fluctuate as not every full price attendee will attend every game.
The promotion only really makes sense if it is strongly promoted to non, or infrequent attendees.

My other worry is that this promotion now puts next season's ST sales in some jeopardy as the expectation of another 11 games for £100 may well deter some people from forking out in May for a whole season, especially if they expect to miss a couple of games in August or September for holidays etc.

The whole inflexibility problem of our ticketing would be sorted out by electronic turnstiles so that you could buy a ticket for say 20 home games with particular games that you know you might miss being left off the ticket. Or just pay for say 5 games at a time and keep adding as you go along.
Another example might be ideal for someone like my son who can only attend a few home games because he plays sport on Saturday afternoons and might only be interested in a ticket that covered 5 or 6 Tuesday night games and a 3 or 4 on Saturdays if his match is called off. But of course, this could only be done electronically.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:07 - Oct 22 with 1768 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:04 - Oct 22 by nordenblue

I can't see a problem really,people through their own choice bought a product at a specific time that offered to them good value there and then.

How can you expect to take a product back months later asking for a refund for something that's now selling for less in a sale.....

Absolutely. Let the buyer beware (sorry about the paucity of latin)

Login to get fewer ads

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:09 - Oct 22 with 1762 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:06 - Oct 22 by 49thseason

I guess, in a very back of an envelope stylee, 1000 people who pay say an average of £15 (many probably Concessions) = £15,000 per game, if they all buy a £100 ticket, the loss would be £5-6,000 per game or £55-66K by the end of the season. To offset this loss, they would need to sell another 5-600 Half Season Tickets to people who currently don't attend.
These numbers will clearly fluctuate as not every full price attendee will attend every game.
The promotion only really makes sense if it is strongly promoted to non, or infrequent attendees.

My other worry is that this promotion now puts next season's ST sales in some jeopardy as the expectation of another 11 games for £100 may well deter some people from forking out in May for a whole season, especially if they expect to miss a couple of games in August or September for holidays etc.

The whole inflexibility problem of our ticketing would be sorted out by electronic turnstiles so that you could buy a ticket for say 20 home games with particular games that you know you might miss being left off the ticket. Or just pay for say 5 games at a time and keep adding as you go along.
Another example might be ideal for someone like my son who can only attend a few home games because he plays sport on Saturday afternoons and might only be interested in a ticket that covered 5 or 6 Tuesday night games and a 3 or 4 on Saturdays if his match is called off. But of course, this could only be done electronically.

Off setting a loss isn't growing attendances. Or is that not the point of this exercise?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:20 - Oct 22 with 1735 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:01 - Oct 22 by judd

Analysing a proposition is not a negative. Raising what if's is standard commercial practice.

There is not enough known about future initiatives alluded to in order for some posters to have attracted the labelling of bullshit.

With regards calling me out on offering good wishes if you had actually digested all I have written on this then you will see my marketing comments are hugely prevalent in attracting a new and therefore increased and sustained audience,.

I'm not suggesting you've been negative for analysing a proposition

You're damned right - there's not enough known about future initiatives for some posters to be making bullshit assumptions

I've digested all I've seen that you've written on this subject - which may not be everything you've actually written - but with regards calling you out on your good wishes, you might want to consider that the previous instance of someone suggesting I'd called them out today was also erroneous

[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 23:21]

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:48 - Oct 22 with 1701 viewsBobbyjoe

Cave canem, Judd!
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:53 - Oct 22 with 1693 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:48 - Oct 22 by Bobbyjoe

Cave canem, Judd!

Dog shit
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 23:55]

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:58 - Oct 22 with 1679 viewsrochedale

Great initiative, lets hope this is a sign of things to come. RG can't do anything about the past, but is clearly trying to implement ideas for the future. I personally am looking forward to what he is intending to implement for the future.

Well done team RAFC.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:09 - Oct 23 with 1650 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 23:58 - Oct 22 by rochedale

Great initiative, lets hope this is a sign of things to come. RG can't do anything about the past, but is clearly trying to implement ideas for the future. I personally am looking forward to what he is intending to implement for the future.

Well done team RAFC.

Well said

RG can't do anything about the past, or those supporters who're living in the past. It's just how Hilly took the club forward in his early days, kicking and screaming. It's refreshing, although the stench of dog shit lingers around the place, including this messageboard

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:14 - Oct 23 with 1641 viewsrochedale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:09 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

Well said

RG can't do anything about the past, or those supporters who're living in the past. It's just how Hilly took the club forward in his early days, kicking and screaming. It's refreshing, although the stench of dog shit lingers around the place, including this messageboard

You can please some people sometimes, but you can't please all the people all the time.

As long as we can please most of the people a lot of the time I think we will be ok.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:20 - Oct 23 with 1628 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:09 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

Well said

Perhaps that stench wouldn't exist if you didn't bitch so much. Up the Dale.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:36 - Oct 23 with 1609 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:20 - Oct 23 by judd

See what I mean about negativity

Old dogs just don't get new tricks, but they still chase after bitches when they're past it

[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 0:38]

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:42 - Oct 23 with 1592 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:36 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

Old dogs just don't get new tricks, but they still chase after bitches when they're past it

And on here one old dog clearly loves having its arse licked by itself. Even when it hasn't the balls to face up to where it's tried to piss on.

Fetch...

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:43 - Oct 23 with 1592 viewsCamdenDale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:20 - Oct 23 by judd

Your picture thing makes me feel a little sick lad. Shaving foam over mad face. You have to admit, it's a bit rum?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 0:43]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:43 - Oct 23 with 1593 viewsDorislove

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:36 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

How many times being kicked in the balls is enough D Alien .what is your threshold.I know what mine was it came 3 years ago with chippygate.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:49 - Oct 23 with 1578 viewsjudd

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:43 - Oct 23 by CamdenDale

Your picture thing makes me feel a little sick lad. Shaving foam over mad face. You have to admit, it's a bit rum?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2016 0:43]

A wizard, a true star lovley.. Maybe a runt..

I enjoy reading your opions and never look at your avatar if that makes you feel better about yourself.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 02:10 - Oct 23 with 1528 viewspioneer

The point is folks were not provided with an option of buying a season ticket or a half season tickets at a substantially lower per game price. They had either a season ticket or pay on the gate each game. but now find they could have saved some hard earned money by going for the pay at the gate option now this offer has appeared.

Its not about opinoions about wheter one should care about this or not...its about what it does to season ticket purchases. Some quite reasonably might decide to hold back from buying STs in the future in case a better offer comes along mid season.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 07:58 - Oct 23 with 1492 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 00:43 - Oct 23 by Dorislove

How many times being kicked in the balls is enough D Alien .what is your threshold.I know what mine was it came 3 years ago with chippygate.

According to judd, I haven't got any balls to be kicked in, but cheap shots apart you've got a point

The club have got so many things wrong off the pitch it's no wonder some are cynical about the whole thing. Tell you what, RG must have some balls to be getting the ST business past the board, and i reckon he deserves our support, not kicking in the balls by cynics (don't mean you)

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 08:33 - Oct 23 with 1460 viewsnordenblue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 07:58 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

According to judd, I haven't got any balls to be kicked in, but cheap shots apart you've got a point

The club have got so many things wrong off the pitch it's no wonder some are cynical about the whole thing. Tell you what, RG must have some balls to be getting the ST business past the board, and i reckon he deserves our support, not kicking in the balls by cynics (don't mean you)

Only a matter of time before big dick comes along to rub his ego too with a few high fives and generally offer nothing football wise to the forum.....
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 08:35 - Oct 23 with 1457 views1907

I had a feeling how this thread was going to run on page one. You know what, it's depressing to see the same miserable, moaning, negative fans constantly whinging about anything and everything. For the first time in many a year the club has laid out a serious proposition to tackle attendances and all you've done is made this about yourself because you're a little bit out of pocket. Will you get over it for Christ's sake? We're trying to grow the fan base, grow the business & protect the future of the club. Surely if you are a current season ticket holder, that is an inclination that you love the club, how in gods name can you complain about this? I don't get it! My worry is that the board (or certain employees) clearly read this board and selfish negativity like I've just read over the last few pages could demoralise even the most ardent fan and potentially prevent future initiatives like this from ever occurring. You don't speak for the majority of the fan base. Please, please, have a day off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024