Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 14:06 - Oct 22 with 9123 views442Dale

Lillis, Rafferty, Bunney, Keane, Canavan, Camps, Lund, Rathbone, Cannon, Henderson, Andrew

Subs: Logan, McGahey, McDermott, Morley, NML, Odelusi, Davies
[Post edited 22 Oct 2016 14:08]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 17:55 - Oct 22 with 2198 views100notout

Match thread on 17:50 - Oct 22 by DaleiLama

Without stating the bl@@ding obvious, we were F12 A3 during the 6 game win streak and F0 A5 in the last 2 games. Need to get back to a stingy defense and putting more chances away

thats bleeding obvious

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match thread on 17:56 - Oct 22 with 2197 viewsSaxonDale

Canavan and Keane both lost runners for the goals, Canavan had one off his worst performances for Dale today unfortunately. Henderson needs dropping, for his own sake. Overthinking every chance he's getting at the moment.
Match thread on 18:07 - Oct 22 with 2126 viewsdale4ever

Match thread on 17:27 - Oct 22 by dingdangblue

Fair enough - can you elaborate on 'pathetic' ?

Well Coventry were quite simply awful, us not taking advantage of that today I classed as pretty pathetic.
Match thread on 18:08 - Oct 22 with 2112 viewsjohndale

Match thread on 16:48 - Oct 22 by Dale23years

Should be beating Coventry poor team

True but Coventry were due a win against us
Match thread on 20:24 - Oct 22 with 1767 viewsDaleaholic

Just for those who demand to know, I was at the game today.

Henderson seems to be being accommodated purely based on the fact he is Ian Henderson, who has played excellently for us in the past. But we need excellent performances now, which just are not forthcoming from him. I don't think time on the sidelines will change anything.

If he's going to be played in midfield, I genuinely feel that Andy Cannon offers more threat in front of goal. Henderson had a couple of glorious chances today which anybody else is likely to have buried but as someone else has mentioned, he seems to be thinking about it too much.

I'd love Henderson to prove me wrong but as it stands, I think the inclusion of Henderson in the starting 11 in more of a hindrance than any kind of benefit.

With regards to the game, it was a lesson in not making mistakes and taking your chances.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Match thread on 11:09 - Oct 23 with 1306 viewsjonesy

What a disappointment. My first game of the season. Surprisingly we were allowed to sit anywhere so had lots of room. Well done Coventry. Surprisingly Camps and Andrew were taken off and Henderson was allowed to stay. His heart wasn't in it. Bunney charged back near the end to catch up a player who had just come on and save a potential goal. Well done Bunney. Thanks to Les Owens for the insight into the ownership of the ground and the shenanigans with the local council and for showing me the way to the ground after getting off the bus at the start of the protest march!
We could do to practice shooting and throw-ins.
Let's hope for an improvement.
Match thread on 19:11 - Oct 23 with 1099 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread on 16:59 - Oct 22 by dale4ever

Pathetic performance against a terrible side.

It seems having seen the "highlights",that many fans totally agree with D4E after all.
Match thread on 19:35 - Oct 23 with 1057 views442Dale

Match thread on 19:11 - Oct 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

It seems having seen the "highlights",that many fans totally agree with D4E after all.

The defending for the goals was rubbish, can't comment on the rest of the performance as it's not on the highlights.

So no, count me out of totally agreeing!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 19:45 - Oct 23 with 1041 views1mark1

Match thread on 19:35 - Oct 23 by 442Dale

The defending for the goals was rubbish, can't comment on the rest of the performance as it's not on the highlights.

I agree. Yes from what I saw of the highlights the defending was very poor for their goals and a couple of their misses, however the highlights give no indication of the overall performance.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match thread on 20:02 - Oct 23 with 1013 viewsroccydaleian

Match thread on 19:35 - Oct 23 by 442Dale

Same here.
Match thread on 20:29 - Oct 23 with 982 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 19:11 - Oct 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

The highlights don't say much about the way the game panned out.

Dale were the better side throughout in terms of possession and chances, but unfortunately we were poor in the first and final thirds of the pitch.

The match stats and Hill's comments back this up, but at the end of the day we were beaten 2-0.

So, no, I don't agree with "D4E" either and it's not easy to gauge the pattern of a game from a two minute neutrally produced highlights clip on YouTube.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread on 22:12 - Oct 23 with 890 viewsR17ALE

Match thread on 20:29 - Oct 23 by TVOS1907

The highlights don't say much about the way the game panned out.

Dale were the better side throughout in terms of possession and chances, but unfortunately we were poor in the first and final thirds of the pitch.

The match stats and Hill's comments back this up, but at the end of the day we were beaten 2-0.

So, no, I don't agree with "D4E" either and it's not easy to gauge the pattern of a game from a two minute neutrally produced highlights clip on YouTube.

Do you think we've reached the point where we need 2 match threads?

One for those who were there, and one for those who weren't, but who've seen th'ighlights.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024