Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly moves up to tenth in the table 16:14 - Oct 24 with 3287 viewsRosun

.... of longest serving managers.
MK Dons and Grimsby managers moving on puts Keef at 10th in the list.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2016 16:16]
Hilly moves up to tenth in the table on 21:18 - Oct 24 with 3012 viewsD_Alien

He's also coming up to his 4th anniversary since returning as manager, following 4 and a half years first time round

Has any Dale manager served longer than 8.5 years?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly moves up to tenth in the table on 21:20 - Oct 24 with 3004 viewsSuddenLad

Hilly moves up to tenth in the table on 21:18 - Oct 24 by D_Alien

He's also coming up to his 4th anniversary since returning as manager, following 4 and a half years first time round

Has any Dale manager served longer than 8.5 years?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Goodier

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hilly moves up to tenth in the table on 21:25 - Oct 24 with 2987 viewsD_Alien

Hilly moves up to tenth in the table on 21:20 - Oct 24 by SuddenLad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Goodier

Cheers SuddenLad

It appears Goodier had two spells, but the first includes five years during WW2 when league football wasn't happening, although friendly games were arranged. Seven years after the war plus one pre-war makes his tenure during competitive seasons less than Hilly's eight and a half, if that's a valid way of looking at it

Hilly moves up to tenth in the table on 21:31 - Oct 24 with 2957 viewsSuddenLad

Hilly moves up to tenth in the table on 21:25 - Oct 24 by D_Alien

Cheers SuddenLad

It appears Goodier had two spells, but the first includes five years during WW2 when league football wasn't happening, although friendly games were arranged. Seven years after the war plus one pre-war makes his tenure during competitive seasons less than Hilly's eight and a half, if that's a valid way of looking at it

Maybe, but the actual total exceeds KH. I see your argument, but it's a moot point.

Hilly moves up to tenth in the table on 21:41 - Oct 24 with 2937 viewsD_Alien

Hilly moves up to tenth in the table on 21:31 - Oct 24 by SuddenLad

Maybe, but the actual total exceeds KH. I see your argument, but it's a moot point.

Maybe the number of games played under the manager would be the best way to look at it, and that should really be number of league games, since these are played consistently as opposed to playing in various cup competitions, which might not have existed under the earlier manager(s)

I'm sure Hilly would be ahead with this criterion, although I don't recall any mention of him breaking the record

Hilly moves up to tenth in the table on 21:47 - Oct 24 with 2908 viewsSuddenLad

Hilly moves up to tenth in the table on 21:41 - Oct 24 by D_Alien

Maybe the number of games played under the manager would be the best way to look at it, and that should really be number of league games, since these are played consistently as opposed to playing in various cup competitions, which might not have existed under the earlier manager(s)

I'm sure Hilly would be ahead with this criterion, although I don't recall any mention of him breaking the record

You're probably right in respect of number of games managed. The list of managers shows Goodier as being in office from 1938 to 1952.

Take which stat you will. Clearly, there are no other contenders.

Hilly moves up to tenth in the table on 08:16 - Oct 28 with 2548 viewsaleanddale

Certainly a Dale legend now.

Hope he climbs to the very top of this list.

KHBA.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024