Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. 03:51 - Nov 30 with 2856 viewsjokerthief

This should be the match of round 2 in the FA cup..
Top of the league Division 2 at home to top 6 team from league 1....
There will be a very good following from Rochdale, home fans will be near maximum turnout.
All to play for, Hope Keith Hill can get the right formula to progress from this round.
I think the atmosphere will be real cup tie expectations...
I guess a draw will suit the Dale, and a great replay at Spotland or the crown oil arena..
Massive match really wit maybe big profits for the winner...
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 19:13 - Nov 30 with 2615 viewsDareToCalvin

It should be the tie of the Round agreed; 2 teams in great form. I would definitely take a draw, not only because we are superb at home, but it also gets another game out of Calvin's ban so he's back sooner.
We'll also know who we would play if we win the replay!
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 01:20 - Dec 1 with 2451 viewsolympicdale

We may be top 6 in league 1, but we can't do owt away from home right now. A draw would be a great result, Carlisle are on fire right now, and this would be a big scalp for them, lets hope we can bring our A game

Life is a game of fate.

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 01:37 - Dec 1 with 2448 viewsAtThePeake

Really looking forward to this game for all the reasons jokerthief pointed out. Also looking forward to seeing JK play again.

Tangled up in blue.

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 06:06 - Dec 1 with 2422 viewsdingdangblue

Although you say 'top 6 team in league 1" - take away our home form and we are bottom 6 at least. I think the best we can hope for is a draw if Carlisle have an off day. (sorry if I'm being pessimistic).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 07:42 - Dec 1 with 2375 viewsDaley_Lama

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 01:37 - Dec 1 by AtThePeake

Really looking forward to this game for all the reasons jokerthief pointed out. Also looking forward to seeing JK play again.

Do'nt forget Nicky Adams too!

Poll: DF in or out

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 08:02 - Dec 1 with 2354 viewsaleanddale

On our day we are a match for any side in league 1 & 2.

Our away form of late is shocking - our home form sparkling!

Just for the football gods I think we will lose 8-0 with hat tricks for both Adams and JK
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 08:45 - Dec 1 with 2311 viewsAtThePeake

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 07:42 - Dec 1 by Daley_Lama

Do'nt forget Nicky Adams too!

A little less bothered about him if I'm totally honest!

Tangled up in blue.

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 09:29 - Dec 1 with 2273 viewsSuddenLad

Is Bastien Hery still there ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 09:44 - Dec 1 with 2258 viewsTVOS1907

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 09:29 - Dec 1 by SuddenLad

Is Bastien Hery still there ?

No, he signed for Accrington in the summer. Borntogo will probably know a bit more...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 10:03 - Dec 1 with 2235 viewsScunnydale

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 08:45 - Dec 1 by AtThePeake

A little less bothered about him if I'm totally honest!

Adams was a very good player on his day (hi Football Gods!) but struggled to achieve JK's cult status.

I remember when JK scored that worldy against us in the play-offs and I went to a barbecue later that day. A drunk mate scrawled "I love Jason Kennedy" on my arm with a pen. It annoyed me at the time, but it became true eventually.
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 10:26 - Dec 1 with 2219 viewsdingdangblue

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 10:03 - Dec 1 by Scunnydale

Adams was a very good player on his day (hi Football Gods!) but struggled to achieve JK's cult status.

I remember when JK scored that worldy against us in the play-offs and I went to a barbecue later that day. A drunk mate scrawled "I love Jason Kennedy" on my arm with a pen. It annoyed me at the time, but it became true eventually.

Kennedy's deflection on Perkins strike took us to extra time and his penalty miss took us to Wembley so he'll always be a legend in my eyes.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 10:51 - Dec 1 with 2195 viewsScunnydale

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 10:26 - Dec 1 by dingdangblue

Kennedy's deflection on Perkins strike took us to extra time and his penalty miss took us to Wembley so he'll always be a legend in my eyes.

Ah yes, it's been a very, very long week and my memory has been terrible for as long as I can remember. Sunday.

Yeah, it seems despite his deflection and missed penalty, Kennedy was a thorn in our side for Darlo — that's probably why I wasn't his biggest fan! Definitely changed shortly after though.
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 12:27 - Dec 1 with 2122 viewsgriff

If anything, Adams is currently playing better than Kennedy, though it's Kennedy scoring the goals.
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 12:32 - Dec 1 with 2112 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 12:27 - Dec 1 by griff

If anything, Adams is currently playing better than Kennedy, though it's Kennedy scoring the goals.

What about wonder boy Wyke and hot shot Jabooooooo?
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 15:10 - Dec 1 with 1999 viewsgriff

Wyke's playing well in a 4-5-1 and scored 3 at the weekend. Jabo's a bit hit and miss to be fair. In my opinion they shouldn't play together as they're too similar.
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 16:39 - Dec 1 with 1923 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Any of your stars Cup-tied,Griffin?
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 18:44 - Dec 1 with 1831 viewsgriff

I wouldn't think so. We only have one loanee and he's been on the bench most of the season.

How many gangly 17 year-old yoof-teamers will youse be playing?
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 19:02 - Dec 1 with 1797 viewsbluebry

Jabo's injured and wont be playing Saturday.
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 19:03 - Dec 1 with 1794 viewsbluebry

As far as I'm aware none are cup tied, really looking forward to this, Dale will be a great test for us.
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 06:43 - Dec 2 with 1615 viewsaleanddale

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 18:44 - Dec 1 by griff

I wouldn't think so. We only have one loanee and he's been on the bench most of the season.

How many gangly 17 year-old yoof-teamers will youse be playing?

At least 5...

They roll over really easily as well you will walk right around them!
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 08:34 - Dec 2 with 1556 viewsAtThePeake

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 10:03 - Dec 1 by Scunnydale

Personally, I never really liked Adams that much. I thought his attitude in the relegation season was terrible, looked and played like he didn't want to be here for half of the season.

Tangled up in blue.

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 08:41 - Dec 2 with 1547 viewsSaxonDale

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 08:34 - Dec 2 by AtThePeake

Personally, I never really liked Adams that much. I thought his attitude in the relegation season was terrible, looked and played like he didn't want to be here for half of the season.

Adams never really fulfilled his potential as a player. Several managers (Hill included) trailed him at various stages of his career for a considerable time and he never consistently showed signs of paying back the faith in him. Is assist total for Rochdale was also raised considerably by having Dawson on the end of his corners/ free kicks.
Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 08:45 - Dec 2 with 1541 viewsAtThePeake

Its going to be a fantastic test at Carlisle.. on 08:41 - Dec 2 by SaxonDale

Adams never really fulfilled his potential as a player. Several managers (Hill included) trailed him at various stages of his career for a considerable time and he never consistently showed signs of paying back the faith in him. Is assist total for Rochdale was also raised considerably by having Dawson on the end of his corners/ free kicks.

A quick read through his wiki page says quite a bit I think.

Jan 2014 - Signs two and a half year deal with Rotherham

May 2014 - Signs three year deal at Bury

May 2015 - Signs three year deal at Northampton

May 2016 - Signs two year deal at Carlisle.

Why were all of those teams happy to get rid so early into his contract?

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024