Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumour around these parts.. 17:39 - Dec 1 with 8530 viewsWhiteyBFC

That Rotherham are trying to tempt Keith.

Please God no.
Rumour around these parts.. on 12:19 - Dec 2 with 2395 viewsseasidedale

Sure I read somewhere that Hill recommended Eyre as his sucessor, also in the last book interviewing ex dale managers, Dunphy said he know who next manager would be hinting it would be internal promotion.
Rumour around these parts.. on 12:22 - Dec 2 with 2389 viewsjudd

Rumour around these parts.. on 11:53 - Dec 2 by fitzochris

When Eyre was appointed, it didn't have disaster written all over it.

It was a bold appointment, granted, given the other applicants at the time, but it was a decision based on what Keith Hill had achieved.

Let's not start comparing the playing careers of Hill and Eyre. Hill was a pro, true, but he spent the latter end of his career playing hoof ball for Graham Barrow. He'd also played for the likes of Neil Warnock and Steve Parkin - successful coaches but old school. Hill's coaching style is not borne out of his experience as a player. His style is, or was at the time, progressive as far as League Two went.

He worked with youth at Dale and believed in it. He promoted it. That's what Eyre did, too, but at a Premier League club, working with elite youth players. He believed in all the same things Keith Hill did and that's why Dunphy gave him the job.

The difference is, Hill made a fantastic fist of his first crack at management and Steve Eyre didn't. It's easy for people to blame Dunphy with hindsight, but his rationale was sound.

It's the elite youth coaching experience that gets me. Predominantly he worked with U12s and not with young adults preparing for first team roles. Don't know Hillys youth coaching experience.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Rumour around these parts.. on 12:26 - Dec 2 with 2381 viewsmingthemerciless

For me appointing Eyre was as likely to be a success as was Oldham appointing Sunderlands youth coach Darren Kelly. That also had failure written all over it.

It takes a lot of hard work to get promoted. Most teams are only one bad managerial appointment away from relegation.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 12:28]
Rumour around these parts.. on 12:43 - Dec 2 with 2320 viewsfitzochris

Rumour around these parts.. on 12:22 - Dec 2 by judd

It's the elite youth coaching experience that gets me. Predominantly he worked with U12s and not with young adults preparing for first team roles. Don't know Hillys youth coaching experience.

When I interviewed Eyre, he said that that was a malicious rumour, circulated by an unnamed individual, to undermine his credentials.

I did get in touch with Man City when writing my first book and it was confirmed that Eyre did have more coaching experience than the "rumour" suggested.

Again, though, I don't want this to come across as a defence of Steve Eyre's time at the club, because, as he admits himself, it wasn't good.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Rumour around these parts.. on 12:44 - Dec 2 with 2319 viewsfitzochris

Rumour around these parts.. on 12:19 - Dec 2 by seasidedale

Sure I read somewhere that Hill recommended Eyre as his sucessor, also in the last book interviewing ex dale managers, Dunphy said he know who next manager would be hinting it would be internal promotion.

What book was this?

Rumour around these parts.. on 13:46 - Dec 2 with 2173 views442Dale

Rumour around these parts.. on 12:44 - Dec 2 by fitzochris

What book was this?

It was let down by not asking each manager what their favourite kit was.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rumour around these parts.. on 13:49 - Dec 2 with 2167 viewsfitzochris

Rumour around these parts.. on 13:46 - Dec 2 by 442Dale

It was let down by not asking each manager what their favourite kit was.

I agree. Cheap hack.

Rumour around these parts.. on 04:43 - Dec 4 with 1765 viewsjokerthief

Will Flitcroft be in the running for next Rochdale manager if Keith goes?
Or will Keith take him as a number 2....?
Login to get fewer ads

Rumour around these parts.. on 06:08 - Dec 4 with 1752 viewsNigeriamark

Rumour around these parts.. on 07:48 - Dec 2 by aleanddale

Why will he definitely move on?

To have a limited shelf life in the championship - plenty do that.

He could do something that not a lot of managers achieve and build a legacy here at Spotland.

In days of short term ism a much bigger achievement would be a significant prolonged period at one small club keeping us in the third tier.

Once bitten very much works in our favour here!

if He tries at a higher level and it does not work out, who is to say we would not take him back a 3rd time if the situation arrived.

I would.

He is entitled to have a crack at a higher level without complaints from us and entitled to apply for a role with us again in the future
Rumour around these parts.. on 07:43 - Dec 4 with 1705 viewsTVOS1907

Rumour around these parts.. on 04:43 - Dec 4 by jokerthief

Will Flitcroft be in the running for next Rochdale manager if Keith goes?
Or will Keith take him as a number 2....?

Doubt it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rumour around these parts.. on 10:19 - Dec 4 with 1512 viewsmingthemerciless

Wether he moves on or not Rotherham at the moment is NOT the move to make. They need another Warnock type who plays ale house football to try and get clear, not a footballing type like Hill.
Rumour around these parts.. on 14:15 - Dec 4 with 1386 viewsrichfoad32

Rumour around these parts.. on 10:19 - Dec 4 by mingthemerciless

Wether he moves on or not Rotherham at the moment is NOT the move to make. They need another Warnock type who plays ale house football to try and get clear, not a footballing type like Hill.

Rotherham look doomed already. Reading their forum, most of their fans have pretty much resigned themselves to the drop. Maybe the owners have also written off this season and are looking for a manager who can get them back into the Championship without breaking the bank?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024