Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rumour around these parts.. 17:39 - Dec 1 with 8495 viewsWhiteyBFC

That Rotherham are trying to tempt Keith.

Please God no.
Rumour around these parts.. on 17:59 - Dec 1 with 6140 viewsdingdangblue

Hasn't Ronnie Moore just quit Eastleigh to rejoin the Millers? He's much better than Keith

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rumour around these parts.. on 18:16 - Dec 1 with 6071 views442Dale

As soon as that job became available it was something that crossed my mind, only to see how many have left recently for the thought to disappear. However, looking at the size of the club, it's a good fit.

Hill knows by now though, there's only one club that he'll ever be able to manage completely. No reason to leave.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rumour around these parts.. on 18:25 - Dec 1 with 6039 viewsWhiteyBFC

Rumour around these parts.. on 18:16 - Dec 1 by 442Dale

As soon as that job became available it was something that crossed my mind, only to see how many have left recently for the thought to disappear. However, looking at the size of the club, it's a good fit.

Hill knows by now though, there's only one club that he'll ever be able to manage completely. No reason to leave.

I was told he was on Stewart's short list as they see him as the perfect man to get them back up whilst working to a budget and bringing players through. I can totally see that logic. He'd be perfect for them long term.

But I don't see it as good for him.

It's a compliment though, it shows Dale are doing well.
Rumour around these parts.. on 18:27 - Dec 1 with 6033 viewsrichfoad32

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/rotherham/next-permanent-m

Moore odds on. Keef 3rd favourite along with the usual slew of out of work managers and a few new names.
Rumour around these parts.. on 19:16 - Dec 1 with 5892 viewsmingthemerciless

He'll be be gone one day that's for certain. The thing is to identify the next " Keith Hill " and move quickly when the time comes.
Rumour around these parts.. on 20:36 - Dec 1 with 5701 viewsboromat

Rumour around these parts.. on 19:16 - Dec 1 by mingthemerciless

He'll be be gone one day that's for certain. The thing is to identify the next " Keith Hill " and move quickly when the time comes.

We failed on that front last time though :-(

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Rumour around these parts.. on 22:18 - Dec 1 with 5503 viewsmingthemerciless

Rumour around these parts.. on 20:36 - Dec 1 by boromat

We failed on that front last time though :-(

How anybody thought a Premier League youth team coach was going to fill his boots I'll never know. Whoever appointed Eyre needed to give their head a wobble.
Rumour around these parts.. on 22:33 - Dec 1 with 5469 viewsdingdangblue

There is no 'next Keith Hill' unfortunately - he is irreplaceable.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Rumour around these parts.. on 23:08 - Dec 1 with 5407 viewsDaley_Lama

Don't think Hilly would go for this one.

Hope his next club when it comes is a Derby type club.

Poll: DF in or out

Rumour around these parts.. on 23:13 - Dec 1 with 5386 viewsmingthemerciless

Rumour around these parts.. on 22:33 - Dec 1 by dingdangblue

There is no 'next Keith Hill' unfortunately - he is irreplaceable.

There's a place up Bury Rd that's full of people who were irreplaceable.
Rumour around these parts.. on 07:40 - Dec 2 with 5169 viewsfitzochris

Rumour around these parts.. on 22:18 - Dec 1 by mingthemerciless

How anybody thought a Premier League youth team coach was going to fill his boots I'll never know. Whoever appointed Eyre needed to give their head a wobble.

Keith Hill was a League Two youth team coach before he was employed as manager.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Rumour around these parts.. on 07:42 - Dec 2 with 5166 viewsfitzochris

Rumour around these parts.. on 18:25 - Dec 1 by WhiteyBFC

I was told he was on Stewart's short list as they see him as the perfect man to get them back up whilst working to a budget and bringing players through. I can totally see that logic. He'd be perfect for them long term.

But I don't see it as good for him.

It's a compliment though, it shows Dale are doing well.

Aye.

Rumour around these parts.. on 07:48 - Dec 2 with 5146 viewsaleanddale

Why will he definitely move on?

To have a limited shelf life in the championship - plenty do that.

He could do something that not a lot of managers achieve and build a legacy here at Spotland.

In days of short term ism a much bigger achievement would be a significant prolonged period at one small club keeping us in the third tier.

Once bitten very much works in our favour here!
Rumour around these parts.. on 07:55 - Dec 2 with 5132 views1907

Wasn't Rotherham a club Hill was very critical of one time around regarding finances? HITC sports that ha published this story is one of the most unreliable sports news sites on the web. Can't see it myself, anyway they've no chance because Bury want him!
Rumour around these parts.. on 08:39 - Dec 2 with 5060 viewsBobbyjoe

Rumour around these parts.. on 22:18 - Dec 1 by mingthemerciless

Was he any worse than Coleman, in any respect, or anyone else other than Hill, come to that, over the last fifteen years or so!
Rumour around these parts.. on 09:10 - Dec 2 with 4990 viewsjudd

Rumour around these parts.. on 07:40 - Dec 2 by fitzochris

Keith Hill was a League Two youth team coach before he was employed as manager.

Aye Fitzo but he was a caretaker manager first and delivered some great results before his permanent appointment.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Rumour around these parts.. on 09:32 - Dec 2 with 4940 viewsmingthemerciless

Rumour around these parts.. on 07:48 - Dec 2 by aleanddale

Why will he definitely move on?

To have a limited shelf life in the championship - plenty do that.

He could do something that not a lot of managers achieve and build a legacy here at Spotland.

In days of short term ism a much bigger achievement would be a significant prolonged period at one small club keeping us in the third tier.

Once bitten very much works in our favour here!

If he keeps up with the progress he's already made at Spotland sooner or later a higher level club will take a chance on him. That's how football works. I think it's only his ability to have an argument in an empty house that seems to be scaring people off at the moment.

If things goes tits up eventually he'd get fired just like every other manager.

What makes you think he'll have " a limited shelf life in the Championship " ? He won't be thinking along those lines, you can be sure of that. He'll have been looking at the QPR and Wolves jobs etc and thinking " I could do that ".

A lack of self confidence has never been one of his failings.

The only manager I can think of that has bumped around the lower levels for a long period of time at the same club is Dario Gradi at Crewe. He seemed to shy away from the spotlight and be quite content to stay at Crewe. Maybe he had his reasons for that.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 9:36]
Rumour around these parts.. on 09:46 - Dec 2 with 4907 viewsTVOS1907

Rumour around these parts.. on 08:39 - Dec 2 by Bobbyjoe

Was he any worse than Coleman, in any respect, or anyone else other than Hill, come to that, over the last fifteen years or so!

Yes.

He was worse than Parkin (first spell and the first two seasons of his second spell) and worse than Hollins.

Still, he talks a good game.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rumour around these parts.. on 09:58 - Dec 2 with 4871 viewsBobbyjoe

Rumour around these parts.. on 09:46 - Dec 2 by TVOS1907

Yes.

He was worse than Parkin (first spell and the first two seasons of his second spell) and worse than Hollins.

Still, he talks a good game.

Pedant!
Rumour around these parts.. on 10:16 - Dec 2 with 4826 viewsaleanddale

Rumour around these parts.. on 09:32 - Dec 2 by mingthemerciless

If he keeps up with the progress he's already made at Spotland sooner or later a higher level club will take a chance on him. That's how football works. I think it's only his ability to have an argument in an empty house that seems to be scaring people off at the moment.

If things goes tits up eventually he'd get fired just like every other manager.

What makes you think he'll have " a limited shelf life in the Championship " ? He won't be thinking along those lines, you can be sure of that. He'll have been looking at the QPR and Wolves jobs etc and thinking " I could do that ".

A lack of self confidence has never been one of his failings.

The only manager I can think of that has bumped around the lower levels for a long period of time at the same club is Dario Gradi at Crewe. He seemed to shy away from the spotlight and be quite content to stay at Crewe. Maybe he had his reasons for that.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2016 9:36]

During the last 3 season ( an absolute age in football terms ) who has been the longest serving manager at a championship club?

The stats tell you all the jobs are hugely transient... Why would hilly buck that trend.

It's not the man.. He is more than capable but sometimes you cannot win something that is so un winnable.

I am a complete Hill nut though and just want him at Spotland for the long haul.
Rumour around these parts.. on 10:29 - Dec 2 with 4790 viewsfitzochris

Rumour around these parts.. on 09:10 - Dec 2 by judd

Aye Fitzo but he was a caretaker manager first and delivered some great results before his permanent appointment.

All true, and I'm not for one second defending Eyre's tenure as manager, but, given Hill's background, you can understand why Dunphy went for someone with a similar one and who promoted the same ideals.

Certainly not a reason for Dunphy to give his 'head a wobble'.

Rumour around these parts.. on 10:46 - Dec 2 with 4743 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Rumour around these parts.. on 08:39 - Dec 2 by Bobbyjoe

Definitely. With Eyre I would have been worried about relegation from league 2 not just league 1. With Coleman I never worried about relegation from league 2. Also, despite some poor signings, Coleman made a few good ones such as Raf, Grant, Reece and Cav. I cannot think of one good Eyre signing. Coleman has also proved since Dale that he can indeed manage. Eyre is back where he should be. Coleman didn't fit, Eyre was well out of his depth.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Rumour around these parts.. on 10:52 - Dec 2 with 4710 viewsmingthemerciless

Rumour around these parts.. on 10:29 - Dec 2 by fitzochris

All true, and I'm not for one second defending Eyre's tenure as manager, but, given Hill's background, you can understand why Dunphy went for someone with a similar one and who promoted the same ideals.

Certainly not a reason for Dunphy to give his 'head a wobble'.

I don't get the " similar backround " in this. Hill had been an established player albeit at lower level. Who had Eyre played for ? Coaching schoolboys at City with the level they are at both financially and ability wise is nothing like coaching experienced pro's at the ' Dale.

I couldn't believe it when he was appointed, it had disaster written all over it.
Rumour around these parts.. on 11:53 - Dec 2 with 4608 viewsfitzochris

Rumour around these parts.. on 10:52 - Dec 2 by mingthemerciless

I don't get the " similar backround " in this. Hill had been an established player albeit at lower level. Who had Eyre played for ? Coaching schoolboys at City with the level they are at both financially and ability wise is nothing like coaching experienced pro's at the ' Dale.

I couldn't believe it when he was appointed, it had disaster written all over it.

When Eyre was appointed, it didn't have disaster written all over it.

It was a bold appointment, granted, given the other applicants at the time, but it was a decision based on what Keith Hill had achieved.

Let's not start comparing the playing careers of Hill and Eyre. Hill was a pro, true, but he spent the latter end of his career playing hoof ball for Graham Barrow. He'd also played for the likes of Neil Warnock and Steve Parkin - successful coaches but old school. Hill's coaching style is not borne out of his experience as a player. His style is, or was at the time, progressive as far as League Two went.

He worked with youth at Dale and believed in it. He promoted it. That's what Eyre did, too, but at a Premier League club, working with elite youth players. He believed in all the same things Keith Hill did and that's why Dunphy gave him the job.

The difference is, Hill made a fantastic fist of his first crack at management and Steve Eyre didn't. It's easy for people to blame Dunphy with hindsight, but his rationale was sound.

Rumour around these parts.. on 12:02 - Dec 2 with 4579 viewsD_Alien

Rumour around these parts.. on 11:53 - Dec 2 by fitzochris

When Eyre was appointed, it didn't have disaster written all over it.

It was a bold appointment, granted, given the other applicants at the time, but it was a decision based on what Keith Hill had achieved.

Let's not start comparing the playing careers of Hill and Eyre. Hill was a pro, true, but he spent the latter end of his career playing hoof ball for Graham Barrow. He'd also played for the likes of Neil Warnock and Steve Parkin - successful coaches but old school. Hill's coaching style is not borne out of his experience as a player. His style is, or was at the time, progressive as far as League Two went.

He worked with youth at Dale and believed in it. He promoted it. That's what Eyre did, too, but at a Premier League club, working with elite youth players. He believed in all the same things Keith Hill did and that's why Dunphy gave him the job.

The difference is, Hill made a fantastic fist of his first crack at management and Steve Eyre didn't. It's easy for people to blame Dunphy with hindsight, but his rationale was sound.

Absolutely

It was going to be a risk, whoever followed Hill, and going for the 'left-field' option, with the rationale you describe, made at least as much sense to continue Hill's legacy as going to the type of manager who we'd tried before without success, i.e. someone like Coleman

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024