Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match fred 14:42 - Dec 3 with 23283 viewsSandyman

[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 14:42]
Match fred on 19:24 - Dec 3 with 2103 viewsD_Dale

Oops, didn't see this post before beginning a new thread.

Nice bit of skill by Rathbone in opening up the way for Dale's second.
Match fred on 19:45 - Dec 3 with 2038 viewsDaley_Lama

Yaaaaaaargh!

Good win that, fully deserved too, bossed the game especially when JK went off.

Man of the match for me: Joe Rafferty. Nicky Adams nullified.

Poll: DF in or out

Match fred on 10:29 - Dec 4 with 1711 viewsDaley_Lama

Still buzzing about yesterday.

Pre-match we were shocking away from home playing away at top of League 2 unbeaten at home Carlisle.

Going to Carlisle has bad memories, be it weather, results, the place being intimidating with large vocal home support.

We were underdogs on here and with the bookies.

By half time, i was optimistic we were taking them down to Spotland minimum as i figured we were the more threatening and Lund/Camps were starting to boss the middle.

The second half was great. Carlise could do nothing, we pinned them further and further back as the half wore on and the only encouragement they were getting was from a tannoy.

I can only remember them threatening with long throw ins in the second half, good sub at HT for Canavan.

Snippets from their fans as we left were that they were outclassed by a very good league 1 side and if that is not a compliment to our team, i don't know what is.

Poll: DF in or out

Match fred on 10:34 - Dec 4 with 1694 viewsscarrow

Curle's comments post match were along the lines of Rochdale are a team to aspire too.

Poll: Final position

Match fred on 10:37 - Dec 4 with 1686 viewsaleanddale

Yes the Cumbrians dot net forum are very complimentary about Dale.

To a man saying it was an eye opener we are probably the best side they had seen at BP this year.

Up the Dale.

Keith hill really is a magician!
Match fred on 11:06 - Dec 4 with 1643 viewsgriff

It's all true, and well done for a deserved win. I think that we were in the game until half time but you taught us how to play in the second half. You had a few players a class above ours - that lad Rafferty was brilliant - and it's a telling fact that we hadn't been beaten at Brunton Park since April and you were clinical and professional and the right team won.

The fact is that we are crying out for investment but our board are being a bit old fashioned about it, hanging on for dear life to the few perks that they enjoy while trying to claw back their Directors' loans. Have a look at Footballsquads.co.uk and compare the size and ability of your squad compared to ours and you'll see the difference in approaches between our two Clubs. So yes, we DO aspire to have that sort of ability and approach. Keith Curle is slowly getting us there though. He's improved the squad this season and it's paying dividends on the pitch. Whether we can keep it up to the end of the season is a different matter though; a few injuries and we're in the clarty stuff. However, I think that if we do go up we can probably hold our own in the lower regions of League 1 with a hope of kicking on from there. But it all comes back to what our Board want, a successful side in the pitch or their money back. They/we can't have both.

Two good honest Clubs though. I was pleased to see your lot back at BP and enjoyed a few pints with some of your lot before the game. Onward and upward, eh?
Match fred on 11:51 - Dec 4 with 1581 viewsBigKindo

Match fred on 11:06 - Dec 4 by griff

It's all true, and well done for a deserved win. I think that we were in the game until half time but you taught us how to play in the second half. You had a few players a class above ours - that lad Rafferty was brilliant - and it's a telling fact that we hadn't been beaten at Brunton Park since April and you were clinical and professional and the right team won.

The fact is that we are crying out for investment but our board are being a bit old fashioned about it, hanging on for dear life to the few perks that they enjoy while trying to claw back their Directors' loans. Have a look at Footballsquads.co.uk and compare the size and ability of your squad compared to ours and you'll see the difference in approaches between our two Clubs. So yes, we DO aspire to have that sort of ability and approach. Keith Curle is slowly getting us there though. He's improved the squad this season and it's paying dividends on the pitch. Whether we can keep it up to the end of the season is a different matter though; a few injuries and we're in the clarty stuff. However, I think that if we do go up we can probably hold our own in the lower regions of League 1 with a hope of kicking on from there. But it all comes back to what our Board want, a successful side in the pitch or their money back. They/we can't have both.

Two good honest Clubs though. I was pleased to see your lot back at BP and enjoyed a few pints with some of your lot before the game. Onward and upward, eh?

.. and allegedly it has all been achieved with the lowest budget in the division.
Match fred on 19:06 - Dec 5 with 1385 viewsD_Dale

Match fred on 16:11 - Dec 3 by SuddenLad

Steve Davies scores. 25 yard effort, deflected off a defenders arse and loops over the goalie. They all count !!

From another angle, Davies's goal doesn't seem to have taken much of a deflection:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024