Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Football Gods..... 17:07 - Dec 3 with 10893 viewsRAFCBLUE

..... Manchester United (a) in Round 3 please.

Our reasoning:

* This team does not get the credit it deserves
* This club deserves a bumper payday that will be used to secure the future.
* The world deserves to see Conrad Logan vs Ibrahimovic on TV.

Thanks in anticipation.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:39 - Dec 3 with 3027 viewspnc4eva1

Stoke city away because it's easier for me

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:53 - Dec 3 with 2992 viewsDaley_Lama

The usual Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Newcastle, Ipswich, Norwich, Sunderland, Villa, West Ham request from me please Football Gods.

All teams i've never seen us play competitively.

Poll: DF in or out

Dear Football Gods..... on 00:12 - Dec 4 with 2868 viewsdingdangblue

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:16 - Dec 3 by boromat

Be nice to be on TV and play well.

To be fair, its about time. Quite amazing the only live tv game we've won under Hilly is the 2-1 v Darlo to get to Wembley. I think we've been televised 13 times!
Darlo lost
Darlo won
Stockport lost
Darlo lost
Gills drew
Gills lost
Luton lost
bury lost
Birmingham lost
Fc Utd lost
bury drew
Wigan lost
bury lost

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dear Football Gods..... on 00:15 - Dec 4 with 2856 viewsDickster

Dear Football Gods..... on 00:12 - Dec 4 by dingdangblue

To be fair, its about time. Quite amazing the only live tv game we've won under Hilly is the 2-1 v Darlo to get to Wembley. I think we've been televised 13 times!
Darlo lost
Darlo won
Stockport lost
Darlo lost
Gills drew
Gills lost
Luton lost
bury lost
Birmingham lost
Fc Utd lost
bury drew
Wigan lost
bury lost

Leyton Orient
Hull?
Ah under Hill. Sorry.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2016 0:18]
Dear Football Gods..... on 00:23 - Dec 4 with 2847 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Football Gods..... on 20:41 - Dec 3 by Hopwoodblue

We had gone over to Scunny in an old Comma camper van barely able to get above 40mph with us all in Stevie Taylor missed the pen but put the rebound in with I think less than ten mins left to make it 2-2 We all got back in the van pleased with the draw and in those days the next round draw was made on Saturday tea time after the days games. We were all listening to it when the guy said Man Utd will play and I think he managed to get Scun out and the whole van went into histerics ! We won the replay 3 - 1 with a couple I think from Stevie and one from Ronnie Moore in the Pearl Street mud think it had been raining all game probably would have been called off in this day and age. Eventually we all got to go to Old Trafford on a Thursday night after two postponements due to an issue with one side of their undersoil heating system.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 20:44]

The replay was 2-1, Taylor and Moore scoring.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dear Football Gods..... on 00:34 - Dec 4 with 2829 viewsHopwoodblue

Dear Football Gods..... on 00:23 - Dec 4 by TVOS1907

The replay was 2-1, Taylor and Moore scoring.

Thank you for that, was Taylor's another pen ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Dear Football Gods..... on 01:55 - Dec 4 with 2784 viewsmikehunt

Burnley at home would be good. A good crowd, a chance the game would be on TV and Burnley are crap away from home.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Dear Football Gods..... on 07:42 - Dec 4 with 2736 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Football Gods..... on 00:34 - Dec 4 by Hopwoodblue

Thank you for that, was Taylor's another pen ?

No, a right footed volley at the back of the penalty area from a deep corner.

Login to get fewer ads

Dear Football Gods..... on 09:30 - Dec 4 with 2651 viewsAtThePeake

Dear Football Gods..... on 01:55 - Dec 4 by mikehunt

Burnley at home would be good. A good crowd, a chance the game would be on TV and Burnley are crap away from home.

And Dyche doesn't care about the cups.

Tottenham away please.

Tangled up in blue.

Dear Football Gods..... on 09:52 - Dec 4 with 2606 viewsrichfoad32

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:06 - Dec 3 by BartRowou

No chance of that.
United will be one of the three matches regardless of who they play or where.
Of the other three, at least one, possibly two, will be some mediocre all Premier League tie, probably shown on the BBC as it's the only chance they get of showing Stoke v Watford live.
The other game will be lower/non league v Premier League.
Mind you, there's always foreign TV as we had when we played Leeds.

Aye. The BBC are quite happy to play up 'The magic of the cup' angle and bang on about it until the 3rd round when the big boys enter and suddenly they forget all about that and it's Arsenal v West Ham or some other bog standard game you can see every week.
Dear Football Gods..... on 10:34 - Dec 4 with 2554 viewsDaley_Lama

I've narrowed it down to Leicester away in my head now.

Bring on the Champions.

Poll: DF in or out

Dear Football Gods..... on 12:33 - Dec 4 with 2466 viewsaleanddale

Hill deserves his chance to meet a guardiola - conte - mouriniho type manager..

If nothing else he could show them a thing or two!
Dear Football Gods..... on 13:50 - Dec 4 with 2438 viewsrochdaleriddler

Dear Football Gods..... on 17:59 - Dec 3 by nordenblue

I'd personally like an away tie at a big London club and make a weekend of it....
Any decent prem team you've got to be pleased with though.

Me too as I've booked a break in London that weekend!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Dear Football Gods..... on 14:20 - Dec 4 with 2399 viewsHopwoodblue

Dear Football Gods..... on 07:42 - Dec 4 by TVOS1907

No, a right footed volley at the back of the penalty area from a deep corner.

Thank you again

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Dear Football Gods..... on 14:40 - Dec 4 with 2380 viewsfitzochris

Dear Football Gods..... on 20:38 - Dec 3 by 442Dale

It was rubbish as soon as the teams were announced. Docherty's stint as manager was over from that moment.

Odd team selection aside, Liverpool were awesome that day. Rush, Collymore, McAteer and McManaman especially. I remember being in awe of their back four being able to pass it between themselves at will, too (I hadn't been spoiled by Keith Hill at that point).

The mauling was such an anti climax given the occasion. Did it take a replay against Darlington to get there? I seem to remember a Paul Moulden header clinching it, but could be wrong. It was definitely the season we battered Rotherham in round one.

The next third round trip I remember against a Premier League side was away at Charlton. Me and wor lads went on one of the official coaches and it was blowing a gale. One of the hatches blew off the roof of the coach and we had to wait for a replacement. Thankfully we still made the game for kick-off. Grant Holt scored a decent goal, but, once again, we were outclassed.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Dear Football Gods..... on 14:43 - Dec 4 with 2160 viewsAtThePeake

Dear Football Gods..... on 14:40 - Dec 4 by fitzochris

Odd team selection aside, Liverpool were awesome that day. Rush, Collymore, McAteer and McManaman especially. I remember being in awe of their back four being able to pass it between themselves at will, too (I hadn't been spoiled by Keith Hill at that point).

The mauling was such an anti climax given the occasion. Did it take a replay against Darlington to get there? I seem to remember a Paul Moulden header clinching it, but could be wrong. It was definitely the season we battered Rotherham in round one.

The next third round trip I remember against a Premier League side was away at Charlton. Me and wor lads went on one of the official coaches and it was blowing a gale. One of the hatches blew off the roof of the coach and we had to wait for a replacement. Thankfully we still made the game for kick-off. Grant Holt scored a decent goal, but, once again, we were outclassed.

Haha I remember that, rarely get the coach but I remember dragging a non-Dale supporting mate of mine along with me and us both being underneath the hatch absolutely freezing.

I think we were already two down when Holty scored but it still produced some solid #scenes.

Tangled up in blue.

Dear Football Gods..... on 14:58 - Dec 4 with 2134 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Football Gods..... on 14:40 - Dec 4 by fitzochris

Dean Martin scored the winner at Darlington.

Dear Football Gods..... on 15:02 - Dec 4 with 2127 viewsfitzochris

Dear Football Gods..... on 14:58 - Dec 4 by TVOS1907

Dean Martin scored the winner at Darlington.

Ah of course. Sorry, it was the AWS game earlier in the season. In fact I think he scored three? If he didn't, I'll stop trying to recall anything

Dear Football Gods..... on 15:19 - Dec 4 with 2101 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Football Gods..... on 15:02 - Dec 4 by fitzochris

Ah of course. Sorry, it was the AWS game earlier in the season. In fact I think he scored three? If he didn't, I'll stop trying to recall anything

He did, in a 5-2 win.

Dear Football Gods..... on 15:23 - Dec 4 with 2089 viewsfitzochris

Dear Football Gods..... on 15:19 - Dec 4 by TVOS1907

He did, in a 5-2 win.

Thank fook for that.

Dear Football Gods..... on 15:30 - Dec 4 with 2064 viewsfitzochris

Dear Football Gods..... on 15:19 - Dec 4 by TVOS1907

He did, in a 5-2 win.

Great video. I was in the Sandy that night but couldn't remember any of the goals other than Moulden scored and I think Matty Appleby scored an absolute screamer for Darlo, but the vid didn't show that.

Dear Football Gods..... on 16:14 - Dec 4 with 2021 viewsfollon

Accrington away please.
Dear Football Gods..... on 16:20 - Dec 4 with 2013 viewsShun

Dear Football Gods..... on 14:43 - Dec 4 by AtThePeake

Haha I remember that, rarely get the coach but I remember dragging a non-Dale supporting mate of mine along with me and us both being underneath the hatch absolutely freezing.

I think we were already two down when Holty scored but it still produced some solid #scenes.

I remember being on the coach just behind and the hatch flew right past the window!
Dear Football Gods..... on 17:06 - Dec 4 with 1964 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dear Football Gods..... on 16:14 - Dec 4 by follon

Accrington away please.

Good to see SoftLad as miserable as ever.........and what's happened to O'Sullivan's gloves,he wore them in July.
Dear Football Gods..... on 18:12 - Dec 4 with 1862 viewsCornish_Dale

Dear Football Gods..... on 17:06 - Dec 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

Good to see SoftLad as miserable as ever.........and what's happened to O'Sullivan's gloves,he wore them in July.

Surely we want Salford United, City or another one of the big boys. Really excited for Monday. Up the Dale
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024