Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Football Gods..... 17:07 - Dec 3 with 10840 viewsRAFCBLUE

..... Manchester United (a) in Round 3 please.

Our reasoning:

* This team does not get the credit it deserves
* This club deserves a bumper payday that will be used to secure the future.
* The world deserves to see Conrad Logan vs Ibrahimovic on TV.

Thanks in anticipation.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Dear Football Gods..... on 17:21 - Dec 3 with 5263 viewsClivert

A lucrative away tie at one of TPL big boys would be ironic for us considering the financial problems down at our near neighbours in bury.

#notjealousmuch
[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 17:25]
Dear Football Gods..... on 17:23 - Dec 3 with 5238 viewsmikehunt

How long have we got Conrad for?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 17:24]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Dear Football Gods..... on 17:29 - Dec 3 with 5171 viewselectricblue

We did a mock draw earlier..
My bro picked Dale v mcc or ox.
I picked Luton at home.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Dear Football Gods..... on 17:32 - Dec 3 with 5146 viewsdeeplishblue

The only thing missing from the last 9 years or so under hilly Is a tie against a top 5 side.

It's such a long time ago that we played Liverpool - we deserve another big tie.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Dear Football Gods..... on 17:38 - Dec 3 with 5106 viewsjoecooke

Dear Football Gods..... on 17:32 - Dec 3 by deeplishblue

The only thing missing from the last 9 years or so under hilly Is a tie against a top 5 side.

It's such a long time ago that we played Liverpool - we deserve another big tie.

Was just chatting about our last game against Liverpool.Great day on the lash but the result i have blanked from my memory bank!

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Dear Football Gods..... on 17:59 - Dec 3 with 4987 viewsnordenblue

I'd personally like an away tie at a big London club and make a weekend of it....
Any decent prem team you've got to be pleased with though.
Dear Football Gods..... on 18:05 - Dec 3 with 4941 viewsdingdangblue

I want a BIG UN at Spotland personally. Love to see it full.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dear Football Gods..... on 18:12 - Dec 3 with 4890 viewsD_Dale

Dear Football Gods..... on 17:29 - Dec 3 by electricblue

We did a mock draw earlier..
My bro picked Dale v mcc or ox.
I picked Luton at home.

Well, home draws at least.

Keep expectations low (but, please FGs, not something like Plymouth away). A smaller club in rd 3 might add to the chance of getting into rd 4 - more prize money, and more chance of TV coverage as Dale become seen as potential 'giant killers'.
Login to get fewer ads

Dear Football Gods..... on 18:37 - Dec 3 with 4781 viewsFondles

Newcastle away 🍺🍺
Dear Football Gods..... on 19:24 - Dec 3 with 4623 viewsThe_Knightowl

Dear Football Gods..... on 17:38 - Dec 3 by joecooke

Was just chatting about our last game against Liverpool.Great day on the lash but the result i have blanked from my memory bank!

Oh but it was such a fun day out............I remember the chant going up at 5-0 "Were doing better than Citeh" who lost 6-0 a few weeks before who ironically had a certain Keith Curle in the back four that day. We haven't had that many BIG teams. Previous was the 2-0 defeat at Old Trafford managed by another KH called Keith if memory serves me right.
Dear Football Gods..... on 20:08 - Dec 3 with 4501 viewsdingdangblue

Dear Football Gods..... on 19:24 - Dec 3 by The_Knightowl

Oh but it was such a fun day out............I remember the chant going up at 5-0 "Were doing better than Citeh" who lost 6-0 a few weeks before who ironically had a certain Keith Curle in the back four that day. We haven't had that many BIG teams. Previous was the 2-0 defeat at Old Trafford managed by another KH called Keith if memory serves me right.

Vic Halom?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dear Football Gods..... on 20:13 - Dec 3 with 4475 viewsonedalefan

Dear Football Gods..... on 17:38 - Dec 3 by joecooke

What I remember is the Dale fans applauding Ian Rush when he broke a record, was it the number of goals scored in the FA cup?
Dear Football Gods..... on 20:16 - Dec 3 with 4463 viewsSuddenLad

Dear Football Gods..... on 20:13 - Dec 3 by onedalefan

What I remember is the Dale fans applauding Ian Rush when he broke a record, was it the number of goals scored in the FA cup?

That's right. Our fans gave him a standing ovation when he broke the record.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dear Football Gods..... on 20:28 - Dec 3 with 4415 viewsD_Dale

In view of Whitey's recent post, a draw against Rotherham (one point from their last twelve league games) might be rather piquant.
Dear Football Gods..... on 20:34 - Dec 3 with 4386 viewsnordenblue

Dear Football Gods..... on 20:16 - Dec 3 by SuddenLad

That's right. Our fans gave him a standing ovation when he broke the record.

It was a cracking day out that,the score wasn't totally unexpected and after it went to 3.0 it was just a chance to enjoy the occasion..
Dear Football Gods..... on 20:38 - Dec 3 with 4363 views442Dale

Dear Football Gods..... on 20:34 - Dec 3 by nordenblue

It was a cracking day out that,the score wasn't totally unexpected and after it went to 3.0 it was just a chance to enjoy the occasion..

It was rubbish as soon as the teams were announced. Docherty's stint as manager was over from that moment.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dear Football Gods..... on 20:41 - Dec 3 with 4344 viewsHopwoodblue

Dear Football Gods..... on 19:24 - Dec 3 by The_Knightowl

We had gone over to Scunny in an old Comma camper van barely able to get above 40mph with us all in Stevie Taylor missed the pen but put the rebound in with I think less than ten mins left to make it 2-2 We all got back in the van pleased with the draw and in those days the next round draw was made on Saturday tea time after the days games. We were all listening to it when the guy said Man Utd will play and I think he managed to get Scun out and the whole van went into histerics ! We won the replay 3 - 1 with a couple I think from Stevie and one from Ronnie Moore in the Pearl Street mud think it had been raining all game probably would have been called off in this day and age. Eventually we all got to go to Old Trafford on a Thursday night after two postponements due to an issue with one side of their undersoil heating system.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 20:44]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Dear Football Gods..... on 21:49 - Dec 3 with 4190 viewsDaleView

I'm going to buck the trend here.
Cardiff City away.
Reasons?
1. I live in South Wales - not far to travel.
2. Lovely new ground which has a reputaion for the best Saturday afternoon experience for spectators.
3. Dale can beat them easily.
4. Then we take on MUFC first at Spotland's Crown Green Arena for a 1-1 draw then a replay at Old Trafford for what could be our Cup Final.
Howzat?
Dear Football Gods..... on 21:56 - Dec 3 with 4165 viewsSuddenLad

Dear Football Gods..... on 21:49 - Dec 3 by DaleView

I'm going to buck the trend here.
Cardiff City away.
Reasons?
1. I live in South Wales - not far to travel.
2. Lovely new ground which has a reputaion for the best Saturday afternoon experience for spectators.
3. Dale can beat them easily.
4. Then we take on MUFC first at Spotland's Crown Green Arena for a 1-1 draw then a replay at Old Trafford for what could be our Cup Final.
Howzat?

Crown Green Arena ? Is it a bowls match ?

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:02 - Dec 3 with 4150 viewsboromat

If they get through Macclesfield away would be a decent one with a chance of being on TV as well as a reasonable chance of progressing.

Or obviously any big prem club.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:06 - Dec 3 with 4136 viewsBartRowou

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:02 - Dec 3 by boromat

If they get through Macclesfield away would be a decent one with a chance of being on TV as well as a reasonable chance of progressing.

No chance of that.
United will be one of the three matches regardless of who they play or where.
Of the other three, at least one, possibly two, will be some mediocre all Premier League tie, probably shown on the BBC as it's the only chance they get of showing Stoke v Watford live.
The other game will be lower/non league v Premier League.
Mind you, there's always foreign TV as we had when we played Leeds.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:15 - Dec 3 with 4091 viewsboromat

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:06 - Dec 3 by BartRowou

No chance of that.
United will be one of the three matches regardless of who they play or where.
Of the other three, at least one, possibly two, will be some mediocre all Premier League tie, probably shown on the BBC as it's the only chance they get of showing Stoke v Watford live.
The other game will be lower/non league v Premier League.
Mind you, there's always foreign TV as we had when we played Leeds.

Good point! I've got this feeling we'll draw the winner of Lincoln v Oldham as the draw is before the match. We'll then be tortured to 90 mins of terrible football with the result an away trip to Lincoln
[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 22:16]

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:15 - Dec 3 with 4089 viewsLaveritty

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:02 - Dec 3 by boromat

It has been mentioned in the thread re the second round draw but does anybody really want us to be one of the Live TV games given our shockingly poor record in games on TV?The 2 last season against Wigan and Bury at home were probably amongst our worst performances of the whole season!!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:16 - Dec 3 with 4083 viewsboromat

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:15 - Dec 3 by Laveritty

It has been mentioned in the thread re the second round draw but does anybody really want us to be one of the Live TV games given our shockingly poor record in games on TV?The 2 last season against Wigan and Bury at home were probably amongst our worst performances of the whole season!!

Be nice to be on TV and play well.

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:23 - Dec 3 with 4052 viewsSuddenLad

Dear Football Gods..... on 22:15 - Dec 3 by Laveritty

It's just a way of maximising the financial opportunities available. The TV money would be a very handy bonus.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024