Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Stuart 20:26 - Dec 3 with 3390 viewsjoecooke

Was taliking to a pal earlier and mentioned he was playing football for Howe bridge with an old! ex pro called Mark Stuart who played for Rochdale amongst others.

Said he was still a great player and i thought it was great to see players still playing long after their pro career had finished purely for the love of playing.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Mark Stuart on 07:46 - Dec 4 with 3009 viewsseasidedale

Does he still come and watch us?
Mark Stuart on 07:56 - Dec 4 with 2996 viewsTVOS1907

Mark Stuart on 07:46 - Dec 4 by seasidedale

Does he still come and watch us?

Yes

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Mark Stuart on 08:55 - Dec 4 with 2917 viewsbatfink

One of my all time favourite dale players. Almost tempted to go and watch him play again
Mark Stuart on 10:13 - Dec 4 with 2780 viewsmingthemerciless

Classy player with a great left foot.
Mark Stuart on 12:33 - Dec 4 with 2684 viewsboromat

Class player and exciting to watch always tried to go past one to many though. He must be getting on a bit now so fair play for still playing. There was never any weight to him though and never remember him ever being injured.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Mark Stuart on 12:46 - Dec 4 with 2665 views442Dale

Mark Stuart on 12:33 - Dec 4 by boromat

Class player and exciting to watch always tried to go past one to many though. He must be getting on a bit now so fair play for still playing. There was never any weight to him though and never remember him ever being injured.

The one real injury he did have really affected the side. Think he broke his jaw (?) v Rotherham in the Cup in 1995 and the team went on a downward slide.

Docherty had stumbled across two formations that suited us at home and away, and Stuart was crucial in both - him on one wing, Thompson on the other, Whitehall at CF. At home we'd play another forward, away the midfield would be Peake, Deary and Martin. The latter would often drop out at Spotland.

Stuart's problem, like most wingers, was when he went missing. It happened for chunks of time as well. However, his first few months at the club in 1993 were brilliant.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Mark Stuart on 13:26 - Dec 4 with 2593 viewsboromat

Mark Stuart on 12:46 - Dec 4 by 442Dale

The one real injury he did have really affected the side. Think he broke his jaw (?) v Rotherham in the Cup in 1995 and the team went on a downward slide.

Docherty had stumbled across two formations that suited us at home and away, and Stuart was crucial in both - him on one wing, Thompson on the other, Whitehall at CF. At home we'd play another forward, away the midfield would be Peake, Deary and Martin. The latter would often drop out at Spotland.

Stuart's problem, like most wingers, was when he went missing. It happened for chunks of time as well. However, his first few months at the club in 1993 were brilliant.

Strangely I have a weird memory of Stuart against Rotherham. I was mascot when we won I think 5 - 2 and in the changing room before the match every single player was getting changed apart from Stuart who was stood there in his Y fronts oiling himself up with heat rub and stretching haha

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Mark Stuart on 13:30 - Dec 4 with 2587 viewsdingdangblue

Lovely fella Mark. Married my cousin a few years ago after they met at the Centenary Dinner in 2008. Stuey's got a brilliant photo of himself in his home scoring the winner for Charlton at Highbury against Arsenal.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2016 16:34]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Stuart on 14:15 - Dec 4 with 2550 viewsClivert

Mark Stuart on 12:33 - Dec 4 by boromat

He turns 50 later this month!

I was playing in the same five a side team as him earlier on in the year and he was still probably the best player in the league that we were playing in.
Mark Stuart on 14:17 - Dec 4 with 2544 viewsfitzochris

Mark Stuart on 13:26 - Dec 4 by boromat

Strangely I have a weird memory of Stuart against Rotherham. I was mascot when we won I think 5 - 2 and in the changing room before the match every single player was getting changed apart from Stuart who was stood there in his Y fronts oiling himself up with heat rub and stretching haha

I think it finished 5-3. We battered Rotherham but they started something of a comeback and it got a little nervous late on. Shaun Goater was playing for them that day, too.

As for Mark Stuart, he was class. Always a fan of a player who can go by people and put a cross in.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Mark Stuart on 17:22 - Dec 4 with 2407 views1949er

Mark Stuart on 08:55 - Dec 4 by batfink

One of my all time favourite dale players. Almost tempted to go and watch him play again

In my all time favourite players pure class good luck to him.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Mark Stuart on 17:33 - Dec 4 with 2383 viewswroughtironron

I seem to remember him leaving us whilst he was still a class player who could turn a game - sad really
Mark Stuart on 17:46 - Dec 4 with 2355 viewsBartRowou

Loved Stuart from the start to the end.
It was rumoured amongst the cogniscenti in the Sandy that he only played for a contract and that his performances would pick up around March time.
I loved him all the same.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Mark Stuart on 18:04 - Dec 4 with 2306 viewsmingthemerciless

Mark Stuart on 14:17 - Dec 4 by fitzochris

I think it finished 5-3. We battered Rotherham but they started something of a comeback and it got a little nervous late on. Shaun Goater was playing for them that day, too.

As for Mark Stuart, he was class. Always a fan of a player who can go by people and put a cross in.

Jason Peake looked top class that day. I remember him scoring with a thunderbolt of a shot.

Dale were cruising until Rotherham staged a late rally and Goater made the score respectable,
Mark Stuart on 18:23 - Dec 4 with 2275 viewsmikehunt

I loved watching him too. Was it him and Tommo who set off running down the left wing together about a yard apart? Always thought that was a puzzling tactic but we didn't do too badly out of it.
The other thing I remember was when we were on a massive losing streak and we were playing Lincoln at home. We were winning and Lincoln were not hurting us but Stuey put a ball into our net out of the blue. Nobody near him and bang! I still can't fathom what that was all about.
We went on to draw the match and our winless streak continued.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Mark Stuart on 18:41 - Dec 4 with 2240 viewssince58

Mark Stuart on 18:04 - Dec 4 by mingthemerciless

Jason Peake looked top class that day. I remember him scoring with a thunderbolt of a shot.

Dale were cruising until Rotherham staged a late rally and Goater made the score respectable,

We were a bit fortunate that day ,Rotherham had a keeper crisis and they had
a youth team keeper in goal.I think peakey scored from about fifty yards on the angle,
out wide on the right.
Mark Stuart on 19:37 - Dec 4 with 2157 viewsTVOS1907

Mark Stuart on 18:41 - Dec 4 by since58

We were a bit fortunate that day ,Rotherham had a keeper crisis and they had
a youth team keeper in goal.I think peakey scored from about fifty yards on the angle,
out wide on the right.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Mark Stuart on 19:48 - Dec 4 with 2125 viewssince58

Mark Stuart on 19:37 - Dec 4 by TVOS1907

More like 30 yards.Mind you I was at the other end of the ground ha ha.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024