Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next up: Southend 15:44 - Jan 10 with 3020 viewsD_Alien

With a great deal of focus being naturally given to the FA Cup, it's vital (as others have said) that our league form doesn't suffer. I welcome the draw against Huddersfield not least because it doesn't take too much attention away from our bread & butter business, and I'm confident that's where Hilly's focus will be turned right now

To that end, thank goodness we don't have the fixture at Luton in the Checkatrade to deal with tonight. Yeah, yeah, I know it can bring additional income and the possibility of an appearance at Wembley, but as a club we've got enough on our plate right now. And is there anyone who'd be looking forward to a trip down there tonight, followed by another even longer journey on Saturday?

[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 15:47]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Next up: Southend on 16:36 - Jan 10 with 2905 viewsMoonyDale

If the anticipated weather does indeed arrive I fear there will be quite a few games called off, even down south they are in for some of the white stuff falling from the skies......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Next up: Southend on 17:03 - Jan 10 with 2835 viewsboromat

Very difficult away game is this. We should be better rested than we have recently but sometimes that can have a negative effect. It's also a fair distance.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Next up: Southend on 17:23 - Jan 10 with 2782 viewsaleanddale

Losing to the spireites could indeed be a blessing.

Luton tonight and then southend sat? D_Alien is right maybe better we are out of the checkatrade cup.

Southend day temps are 5 degree friday and 3 degree Saturday.

Minus 1 overnight Friday into Saturday so should be ok.

Good time to play them I recon after they shipped 4 to Sheffield United last week and had a pasting. Their good mini run is ended.

They were dreadful at Spotland!!!
Next up: Southend on 17:50 - Jan 10 with 2697 viewsShun

We absolutely hammered them at home not so long ago. Having said that, their 4-2 defeat to Sheffield United last week was their first loss in 13 games I believe. We're second in the form table so it should be a good match against tough opposition.

I had a perusal of their message board recently and many of them are a ridiculously (to the point of absurdity!) confident bunch.
"We are as good as any other teams in the League this year if we can keep It going.
Automatic looks good.
Winning League I hope
Play Offs Definite."
Next up: Southend on 18:25 - Jan 10 with 2609 viewsD_Dale

Next up: Southend on 17:50 - Jan 10 by Shun

We absolutely hammered them at home not so long ago. Having said that, their 4-2 defeat to Sheffield United last week was their first loss in 13 games I believe. We're second in the form table so it should be a good match against tough opposition.

I had a perusal of their message board recently and many of them are a ridiculously (to the point of absurdity!) confident bunch.
"We are as good as any other teams in the League this year if we can keep It going.
Automatic looks good.
Winning League I hope
Play Offs Definite."

13 league games without a defeat (they lost a couple of cup matches) up to last Saturday - and the previous league defeat to that was against Dale on 8 October.

Since that win Dale have lost 4 times in the league, but haven't had a league draw since the 2-2 at Bristol R. on 10 September.

On paper, it looks very evenly balanced (thought the Shrimpers fans might say otherwise).
Next up: Southend on 18:39 - Jan 10 with 2558 views442Dale

On the subject of the weather, the benefit of those newer covers bought with the help of the Trust is that they can be put on pretty quickly.

This means they can be used overnight during the upcoming colder weather to ensure frost doesn't get into the problem areas of the pitch ahead of the next home game. Easy to remove during the day too (around 30 mins as per the club: http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/02/response-to-questions-raised-by-members/ )

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next up: Southend on 15:56 - Jan 11 with 2199 viewsaleanddale

Next up: Southend on 18:39 - Jan 10 by 442Dale

On the subject of the weather, the benefit of those newer covers bought with the help of the Trust is that they can be put on pretty quickly.

This means they can be used overnight during the upcoming colder weather to ensure frost doesn't get into the problem areas of the pitch ahead of the next home game. Easy to remove during the day too (around 30 mins as per the club: http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/02/response-to-questions-raised-by-members/ )

We will see how effective they are later this month for sure! Brrrr... Turning very cold!
Next up: Southend on 20:43 - Jan 11 with 1983 viewsD_Dale

The home side might be without one of their, ahem, more newsworthy players on Saturday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4108928/Professional-footballer-Nile-Ran
Login to get fewer ads

Next up: Southend on 21:34 - Jan 11 with 1886 viewsrochdaleriddler

He's a piece of work, they should sack him immediately

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Next up: Southend on 22:05 - Jan 11 with 1825 viewsmacro

I’d take a point now from Saturday’s game.
Next up: Southend on 12:03 - Jan 12 with 1595 viewsdalefertcup2

Next up: Southend on 22:05 - Jan 11 by macro

I’d take a point now from Saturday’s game.

Me too - if only we did draws!
Next up: Southend on 14:53 - Jan 12 with 1472 viewsaleanddale

I am optimistic and think we can win.

We are in a terrific run off good form and collectively the group looks very close knit and together...

Good tine to play the shrimpers after they lost that confident air last week.
Next up: Southend on 15:03 - Jan 12 with 1455 views49thseason

Next up: Southend on 20:43 - Jan 11 by D_Dale

The home side might be without one of their, ahem, more newsworthy players on Saturday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4108928/Professional-footballer-Nile-Ran

Apparently, he wasn't working for them at the time so they won't be taking any action....so that's all right then. Still might go to jail though, will they keep paying his wages if he is inside?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4112604/Nile-Ranger-receives
Next up: Southend on 12:34 - Jan 14 with 1136 viewsaleanddale

Come on the Dale!!!!!!
Next up: Southend on 21:00 - Jan 18 with 922 viewssykeboy

Notice Southend have just signed Frank Nouble suspect that means Nile might be unemployed very soon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024