Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Condemned to demolition 18:19 - Jan 12 with 6351 viewsColDale

Might have been a plastic subbutteo ground but we chalked up some memories there
http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/nene-park-stadium-to-be-demolished-1-77
Condemned to demolition on 18:58 - Jan 12 with 5748 viewshildale

The site of possibly our most important ever goal? - if Dagnall hadn't scored in the last couple of minutes where would be now?
Condemned to demolition on 19:07 - Jan 12 with 5684 viewsKenBoon

I quite liked their ground. It was in the middle of nowhere but it was tight and tidy. That Daggers goal too... I dare not think where we'd be without that.
Condemned to demolition on 19:32 - Jan 12 with 5597 viewshildale

I watched our play off semi final game in the away end, it was the only way I could get a ticket as I was working in Northampton ...impossible to keep quiet when both our goals went in - much to the annoyance of the locals!!
Condemned to demolition on 19:50 - Jan 12 with 5512 viewsTVOS1907

Condemned to demolition on 19:32 - Jan 12 by hildale

I watched our play off semi final game in the away end, it was the only way I could get a ticket as I was working in Northampton ...impossible to keep quiet when both our goals went in - much to the annoyance of the locals!!

Do you mean the home end?

[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 19:51]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Condemned to demolition on 19:54 - Jan 12 with 5483 viewshildale

Errr yeah!!! Well spotted lol
Condemned to demolition on 20:19 - Jan 12 with 5401 viewsR17ALE

Condemned to demolition on 19:50 - Jan 12 by TVOS1907

Do you mean the home end?

[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 19:51]

Good find. Enjoyed watching that if only to remind myself what a tvvat Omandi Lowe was.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Condemned to demolition on 20:29 - Jan 12 with 5362 viewsDevonDale

Condemned to demolition on 20:19 - Jan 12 by R17ALE

Good find. Enjoyed watching that if only to remind myself what a tvvat Omandi Lowe was.

Great game - although I think we should have been out of sight in the first half with some of those chances.
Condemned to demolition on 09:45 - Jan 13 with 4987 viewsdalefertcup2

Condemned to demolition on 19:07 - Jan 12 by KenBoon

I quite liked their ground. It was in the middle of nowhere but it was tight and tidy. That Daggers goal too... I dare not think where we'd be without that.

'scuse my poor memory. Why was the goal so important (we lost the play off overall)?
Login to get fewer ads

Condemned to demolition on 09:49 - Jan 13 with 4979 viewsjudd

Condemned to demolition on 09:45 - Jan 13 by dalefertcup2

'scuse my poor memory. Why was the goal so important (we lost the play off overall)?

It wasn't the play off game when Daggers scored.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Condemned to demolition on 09:52 - Jan 13 with 4971 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Two cracking goals for Dale that deserved to win any game and Simmo could have had a hat-trick. A very skillful player who scored some wonderful goals for Dale. The technique on his attempted over-the-shoulder volley from Jobson's chip was truly top-drawer stuff.

If only Kev had put one of those early chances away in the return leg, might have been a different story. I'd forgotten about Billy Turley's howler.

Nene Park wasn't the biggest ground and didn't have the history but it was an enviable set-up; excellent hospitality areas, training pitch and a separate hockey pitch as a I recall. Max Griggs pumped a lot of money into the club and they looked well set for good things.

But it all came undone and now they languish in non-league obscurity, along with Stockport, our other play-off victors whilst Dale have survived and prospered.

Funny old game.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 9:54]
Condemned to demolition on 10:17 - Jan 13 with 4921 viewsdingdangblue

Condemned to demolition on 09:52 - Jan 13 by RespectTheChemistry

Two cracking goals for Dale that deserved to win any game and Simmo could have had a hat-trick. A very skillful player who scored some wonderful goals for Dale. The technique on his attempted over-the-shoulder volley from Jobson's chip was truly top-drawer stuff.

If only Kev had put one of those early chances away in the return leg, might have been a different story. I'd forgotten about Billy Turley's howler.

Nene Park wasn't the biggest ground and didn't have the history but it was an enviable set-up; excellent hospitality areas, training pitch and a separate hockey pitch as a I recall. Max Griggs pumped a lot of money into the club and they looked well set for good things.

But it all came undone and now they languish in non-league obscurity, along with Stockport, our other play-off victors whilst Dale have survived and prospered.

Funny old game.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 9:54]

My abiding memory from that away play off game was getting to the ground and finding our seats (which we'd queued up and bought in the 1st hour they went on sale) right low down near the corner flag! My dad ( a non season ticket holder at the time ) had to wait to get his tickets and found himself halfway up the stand right behind the goals. Great game though - from what we saw of it.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 10:27]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Condemned to demolition on 10:19 - Jan 13 with 4908 viewsdalefertcup2

Condemned to demolition on 09:49 - Jan 13 by judd

It wasn't the play off game when Daggers scored.

ah, right you are, memory refreshed.........
Condemned to demolition on 10:25 - Jan 13 with 4876 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Condemned to demolition on 10:19 - Jan 13 by dalefertcup2

ah, right you are, memory refreshed.........

Wasn't that against Kidderminster?
Condemned to demolition on 10:31 - Jan 13 with 4853 viewsTVOS1907

Condemned to demolition on 10:25 - Jan 13 by RespectTheChemistry

Wasn't that against Kidderminster?

No, that was Leo Bertos, almost two years before Dagnall signed for us.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Condemned to demolition on 14:17 - Jan 13 with 4624 viewsmodelboydave

so this will be added to the list of grounds that I have seen Dale play on (or other teams), that have been demolished... or ceased to exist. Others would be....of the top of my head

highbury
nene park
underhill
burnden park
withdean stadium
eton park
saltergate
layer road
highfield road
bellue vue
maine road
National Hockey Stadium
the county Ground
Millmoor
Don Valley stadium
Gay Meadow
Springfield Park

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Condemned to demolition on 16:39 - Jan 13 with 4517 viewsscooby

Col / Chaff, is that the ground we "found" our way on to their training pitch pre game? Was top facilities if i recall correctly...
Condemned to demolition on 16:51 - Jan 13 with 4493 viewsdalefertcup2

Condemned to demolition on 14:17 - Jan 13 by modelboydave

so this will be added to the list of grounds that I have seen Dale play on (or other teams), that have been demolished... or ceased to exist. Others would be....of the top of my head

highbury
nene park
underhill
burnden park
withdean stadium
eton park
saltergate
layer road
highfield road
bellue vue
maine road
National Hockey Stadium
the county Ground
Millmoor
Don Valley stadium
Gay Meadow
Springfield Park

Feethams?
Condemned to demolition on 17:00 - Jan 13 with 4469 viewsColDale

Condemned to demolition on 16:39 - Jan 13 by scooby

Col / Chaff, is that the ground we "found" our way on to their training pitch pre game? Was top facilities if i recall correctly...

Was a fantastic set up down there. They had training facilities, and a load of 5-a-sides to bring in the local community. Only problem they didn't have a local community!

Think they had the Doc Marten factory (no reference to my doppelganger please!). Was the whole thing just set up to get planning permission for his factory? Looks like it was a lot of money spent on a club only to lose interest quickly.
Condemned to demolition on 17:17 - Jan 13 with 4443 viewsjudd

Condemned to demolition on 17:00 - Jan 13 by ColDale

Was a fantastic set up down there. They had training facilities, and a load of 5-a-sides to bring in the local community. Only problem they didn't have a local community!

Think they had the Doc Marten factory (no reference to my doppelganger please!). Was the whole thing just set up to get planning permission for his factory? Looks like it was a lot of money spent on a club only to lose interest quickly.

Yep, the place was definitely lacking sole.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Condemned to demolition on 17:43 - Jan 13 with 4405 viewsscooby

Condemned to demolition on 17:17 - Jan 13 by judd

don't tread there pal.
Condemned to demolition on 23:24 - Jan 13 with 4204 viewsSuddenLad

Condemned to demolition on 16:51 - Jan 13 by dalefertcup2

Feethams?

The Old Showground ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Condemned to demolition on 00:00 - Jan 14 with 4175 viewsdingdangblue

Condemned to demolition on 17:17 - Jan 13 by judd

Bootiful all the same.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Condemned to demolition on 17:38 - Jan 16 with 3856 viewsmodelboydave

Condemned to demolition on 16:51 - Jan 13 by dalefertcup2

Feethams?

Yep.

Never been there I don't think.
I did several grounds in the late 80s on the old club coach. Pretty sure I never got round to darlo.
Did the new (old) ground 3 times, including a 3-0 win on Boxing Day I think.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Condemned to demolition on 11:04 - Jan 18 with 3536 viewsBigKindo

The (Old) Den, Boothferry Park and Somerton Park. Did we ever play at Glossop North End? Two more to be added to the list in the coming months. Griffin Park and Gigg Lane.
Condemned to demolition on 11:57 - Jan 18 with 3482 viewsSuddenLad

Plough Lane
Peel Park
Fellows Park

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024