Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other scores (n/t) 15:18 - Jan 14 with 2695 viewshxdale

Other scores (n/t) on 15:29 - Jan 14 with 2672 viewsD_Alien

bury 3-1

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Other scores (n/t) on 15:32 - Jan 14 with 2651 views1mark1

Other scores (n/t) on 15:29 - Jan 14 by D_Alien

bury 3-1

Oh bollox

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Other scores (n/t) on 15:32 - Jan 14 with 2653 viewsD_Alien

Other scores (n/t) on 15:29 - Jan 14 by D_Alien

bury 3-1

4 (Four)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Other scores (n/t) on 15:33 - Jan 14 with 2633 viewsboromat

Good in terms of the league but would prefer a draw

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Other scores (n/t) on 15:45 - Jan 14 with 2587 viewsrichfoad32

Bradford losing at Shrews...
Other scores (n/t) on 15:47 - Jan 14 with 2579 viewsShun

I don't know how anyone could be unhappy about Bury winning. They're currently doing us a fantastic favour!
Other scores (n/t) on 16:37 - Jan 14 with 2491 views1mark1

Other scores (n/t) on 15:47 - Jan 14 by Shun

I don't know how anyone could be unhappy about Bury winning. They're currently doing us a fantastic favour!

Because they are and have been for a long time our closest rivals, and many of us hate them almost as much as we love The Dale. Obviously some don't mind bury, I can't understand that, however that's up to them. City fans usually want Utd to lose and visa versa, rivals normally do.

We don't need favours from the likes of bury if we are doing well ourselves, we are not that desperate.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 16:43]

Other scores (n/t) on 16:49 - Jan 14 with 2455 viewsShun

I feel I have a healthy rivalry for Bury, but if it meant them winning or one of our promotion rivals, I'd choose Bury every day! Anyway, they have 5 now!
Login to get fewer ads

Other scores (n/t) on 16:51 - Jan 14 with 2435 viewsShun

Bradford losing, Sheffield United 4-1 down.
Other scores (n/t) on 03:48 - Jan 16 with 2138 viewsDiddyDave

Other scores (n/t) on 16:37 - Jan 14 by 1mark1

Because they are and have been for a long time our closest rivals, and many of us hate them almost as much as we love The Dale. Obviously some don't mind bury, I can't understand that, however that's up to them. City fans usually want Utd to lose and visa versa, rivals normally do.

We don't need favours from the likes of bury if we are doing well ourselves, we are not that desperate.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 16:43]

So you`d rather see Bury and Oldham relegated,that`s four derby games in a season gone,and see the likes of Plymouth,Portsmouth,Wycombe,Colchester or Luton promoted? Rivalries and the odd derby match is what the game is all about,a bit of added spice that the game needs. Pompey might bring a few hundred up with them,they still get crowds approaching twenty thousand,but the others would be lucky to bring a couple of hundred,so no ,let`s hope both our Lancashire rivals pull finger and stay up.
Other scores (n/t) on 06:27 - Jan 16 with 2119 views1mark1

Other scores (n/t) on 03:48 - Jan 16 by DiddyDave

So you`d rather see Bury and Oldham relegated,that`s four derby games in a season gone,and see the likes of Plymouth,Portsmouth,Wycombe,Colchester or Luton promoted? Rivalries and the odd derby match is what the game is all about,a bit of added spice that the game needs. Pompey might bring a few hundred up with them,they still get crowds approaching twenty thousand,but the others would be lucky to bring a couple of hundred,so no ,let`s hope both our Lancashire rivals pull finger and stay up.

Not too bothered either way. We spent so many years below both of them in the league standings, it wouldn't be too bad to spend a few years in higher leagues. Yes there are bigger crowds against them in derby matches, however these bring higher police costs etc. If they don't get relegated, it would be nice to see them both squirm. Certainly not going to start wanting them to win matches , unless it was a definite case of needing them to get a particular result against a promotion rival etc,interest last couple of games in te season, other than that I would rather we don't depend on them. Another side of me wants them to suffer the penalty of financial mismanagement, that would be relegation.

Other scores (n/t) on 07:07 - Jan 16 with 2097 viewsroccydaleian

Other scores (n/t) on 06:27 - Jan 16 by 1mark1

Not too bothered either way. We spent so many years below both of them in the league standings, it wouldn't be too bad to spend a few years in higher leagues. Yes there are bigger crowds against them in derby matches, however these bring higher police costs etc. If they don't get relegated, it would be nice to see them both squirm. Certainly not going to start wanting them to win matches , unless it was a definite case of needing them to get a particular result against a promotion rival etc,interest last couple of games in te season, other than that I would rather we don't depend on them. Another side of me wants them to suffer the penalty of financial mismanagement, that would be relegation.

Aye, but look at all the fuel they'll use traveling to Spotland. Thought you was a Green person?
Other scores (n/t) on 14:18 - Jan 16 with 1967 views1mark1

Other scores (n/t) on 07:07 - Jan 16 by roccydaleian

Aye, but look at all the fuel they'll use traveling to Spotland. Thought you was a Green person?

Well that is one reason to back regionalisation of League 1 and 2, not that I am advocating that position, but maybe it would save a lot of clubs a lot of traveling and hotel costs etc.

I was not advocating that I would necessarily want to have southern based teams instead of our local rivals, just saying I wasn't that bothered either way.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024