Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin... 13:28 - Jan 15 with 2073 viewsTVOS1907

Yesterday was his 100th appearance for Dale and he scored his 18th goal for the club.

It was also his 35th career goal, meaning over half of them have come since he joined Dale.

Although derided in many quarters (i.e. Port Vale), it shows how much he has progressed under Hill's tutelage and, I'm guessing, some input from Tony Ellis.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 13:36]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Calvin... on 13:40 - Jan 15 with 2034 viewsfitzochris

A fantastic achievement and perhaps makes him the ultimate poster boy for Hill's broken-toy philosophy.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Calvin... on 13:42 - Jan 15 with 2014 viewsRoChDaLe

Also interesting to mention that a lot of them appearances have been out on the wing.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Calvin... on 13:48 - Jan 15 with 1988 viewsD_Alien

Good stat

The thing I admire about Calvin is his attitude. He's found a place to play football where he's appreciated and it shows by his actions, all over the pitch

Up front, out wide, central defence at set pieces, he's using his assets to the maximum and with seeming new-found confidence in his ability. In front of goal, he's stopped snatching at chances and started putting them away. If anything, being sidelined as a result of a moment of madness has brought his game into even greater focus

Keep it up Calvin, you're a winner

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Calvin... on 15:18 - Jan 15 with 1815 viewsboromat

Calvin... on 13:42 - Jan 15 by RoChDaLe

Also interesting to mention that a lot of them appearances have been out on the wing.

And how many are they appearances from the bench?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Calvin... on 15:20 - Jan 15 with 1805 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin... on 15:18 - Jan 15 by boromat

And how many are they appearances from the bench?

40 starts, 60 as a sub

Calvin... on 16:13 - Jan 15 with 1675 viewsjonesy

Good of him to come over to the away end yesterday. Despite losing he was welcomed. Hope he appreciated the response.
Calvin... on 16:51 - Jan 15 with 1596 viewsalbert_parkx

Very popular player who never stops running for the team. Always shakes the ball-boys' hands after warming up and is just a nice bloke.
Calvin... on 20:36 - Jan 15 with 1308 viewsboromat

Calvin... on 15:20 - Jan 15 by TVOS1907

40 starts, 60 as a sub

So 18 goals in 40 starts. That's not bad for a so called target man. An incredible turnaround in his form since working under Hill.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Calvin... on 20:43 - Jan 15 with 1285 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin... on 20:36 - Jan 15 by boromat

So 18 goals in 40 starts. That's not bad for a so called target man. An incredible turnaround in his form since working under Hill.

No, he has scored 10 goals as a substitute and eight when starting.

Calvin... on 20:56 - Jan 15 with 1263 viewsD_Alien

Calvin... on 20:43 - Jan 15 by TVOS1907

No, he has scored 10 goals as a substitute and eight when starting.

Stats, eh?

Someone will be along to tell us he'd be better off starting from the bench...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Calvin... on 21:50 - Jan 15 with 1190 viewsLaveritty

One of those kind of players who always 'puts a shift in' and his performances over the last 18 months or so have been rewarded with an improved goal scoring record. I and many others always maintained that, despite being a striker by trade, it would be unfair to judge him solely on his goals as that doesn't tell half the story of what he brings to the team. His workrate and willingness to graft for the overall good of the team is nothing short of phenomenal.
How many times have we seen him in our own 18 yard area in the role of an auxiliary defender, making clearing headers and crucial tackles - so much so that I am surprised Keith has never actually played him in that position knowing how he likes to think outside the box with such decisions!
He also comes across a thoroughly likeable and pleasant guy (which is why that one indiscretion was so inexplicable as well as being shocking) and he seems genuinely happy here at the Dale. Another one who seems to have found himself a place to call home under the management of Mr Hill?
Here's to many more similar performances and hopefully plenty more goals?

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024