Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Mccarthy 21:59 - Jan 17 with 5958 viewsCreepy

Sacked tomorrow!!
Mick Mccarthy on 22:05 - Jan 17 with 5360 viewsoddjob007

Enjoyed watching that!

Makes you realise what potential Lincoln have - would we have got the same crowd on a Tuesday night? Unlikely.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 22:06]
Mick Mccarthy on 22:07 - Jan 17 with 5351 viewsDaleiLama

With Sutton and Lincoln both doing the business, makes you glad we took care of our 3rd round fixture at the first time of asking and we didn't have to sit through a potentially nervy replay.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Mick Mccarthy on 22:10 - Jan 17 with 5335 viewsDaleiLama

Mick Mccarthy on 22:05 - Jan 17 by oddjob007

Enjoyed watching that!

Makes you realise what potential Lincoln have - would we have got the same crowd on a Tuesday night? Unlikely.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 22:06]

Ipswich were allocated 1800 but don't know if they sold out. Lincoln took 5000 to Ipswich. Phenomenal. A club on the rise.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Mick Mccarthy on 22:16 - Jan 17 with 5294 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Not a brilliant match by any stretch,but.........much better than watching all this Prem crap we are dished up day after day ,week after week......the Glory of the FA cup at grassroots...great stuff and fine finish.

"getting sacked in the morning"
Mick Mccarthy on 22:19 - Jan 17 with 5279 viewsD_Dale

Mick Mccarthy on 22:07 - Jan 17 by DaleiLama

With Sutton and Lincoln both doing the business, makes you glad we took care of our 3rd round fixture at the first time of asking and we didn't have to sit through a potentially nervy replay.

How could Sutton fail with ex-Dale Kevin Amankwaah in defence ... ?
Mick Mccarthy on 22:40 - Jan 17 with 5186 viewsolympicdale

Lincoln fully deserved that, shouldn't have even gone to a replay. Always a shame when there aren't upsets in these type of games, but Ipswich didn't deserve anything, the team has stopped playing for MM it is clear.

Life is a game of fate.

Mick Mccarthy on 04:11 - Jan 18 with 5014 viewsDiddyDave

Could be an East Anglia double as I think the bloke up the road in Norwich will get the tap on the shoulder tomorrow if they lose at Southampton tonight.
Well I don`t know,I`ve seen Ipswich,Preston,Leeds in matches recently and none of them have impressed me. Throw in Rotherham and Burton and I`m sure Dale could compete with all of those IF the impossible happens. No need to be scared of Huddersfield either,Dale can certainly beat them if we get the rub of the green.
Mick Mccarthy on 07:16 - Jan 18 with 4930 viewsaleanddale

Mick Mccarthy on 22:07 - Jan 17 by DaleiLama

I thought that Dalei.

We jumped clean over 3 banana skins ( after a stroke of good fortune at Maidstone ).

Nothing to fear and I would not mind Lincoln at Spotland in round 5!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Mccarthy on 09:26 - Jan 18 with 4801 viewsfitzochris

Lincoln are a bit of a Shrewsbury team for me. By that I mean I associate them with bad Dale results or performances. The obvious 7-1 twonking during Parkin’s second spell is the most obvious. I remember going to an away game there early in Paul Simpson’s managerial stint and suffering a bad show, too. Then there was the time we surrendered a two-goal lead against them at Spotland under John Hollins.

There are no doubt a fookton of good results over the years, too (I seem to vaguely recall a string of wins in the early ‘90s)but, for some reason, these are the ones that come immediately to mind whenever anybody mentions Lincoln City.

Lovely place to visit, though.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Mick Mccarthy on 10:03 - Jan 18 with 4711 viewsTVOS1907

Mick Mccarthy on 09:26 - Jan 18 by fitzochris

Lincoln are a bit of a Shrewsbury team for me. By that I mean I associate them with bad Dale results or performances. The obvious 7-1 twonking during Parkin’s second spell is the most obvious. I remember going to an away game there early in Paul Simpson’s managerial stint and suffering a bad show, too. Then there was the time we surrendered a two-goal lead against them at Spotland under John Hollins.

There are no doubt a fookton of good results over the years, too (I seem to vaguely recall a string of wins in the early ‘90s)but, for some reason, these are the ones that come immediately to mind whenever anybody mentions Lincoln City.

Lovely place to visit, though.

Absolutely, although the 2-2 draw was under David Hamilton.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Mick Mccarthy on 10:20 - Jan 18 with 4667 views1907

Seem to remember a period in time where Lincoln would get into the play offs religiously and always get beaten at the first hurdle.
Mick Mccarthy on 10:21 - Jan 18 with 4666 viewsfitzochris

Mick Mccarthy on 10:03 - Jan 18 by TVOS1907

Absolutely, although the 2-2 draw was under David Hamilton.

Ah yes, of course, just before Hollins started. Was Hollins’ first game the drubbing away at Kidderminster? Again, I’m away from stats and records, so relying on memory here. I seem to remember that game was on Boxing Day and we were ripped apart by a blond, pony-tailed Scandinavian.

EDIT: Actually something tells me a home defeat to Southend may have been his first game.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 10:24]

Mick Mccarthy on 10:22 - Jan 18 with 4656 viewsjudd

Mick Mccarthy on 10:21 - Jan 18 by fitzochris

Ah yes, of course, just before Hollins started. Was Hollins’ first game the drubbing away at Kidderminster? Again, I’m away from stats and records, so relying on memory here. I seem to remember that game was on Boxing Day and we were ripped apart by a blond, pony-tailed Scandinavian.

EDIT: Actually something tells me a home defeat to Southend may have been his first game.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 10:24]

Yes, the Scandinavian being a former singer in ABBA.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Mick Mccarthy on 10:25 - Jan 18 with 4641 viewsfitzochris

Mick Mccarthy on 10:22 - Jan 18 by judd

Yes, the Scandinavian being a former singer in ABBA.

In hindsight, perhaps the being ripped apart by a blond, pony-tailed Scandinavian was the after party.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 10:44]

Mick Mccarthy on 10:35 - Jan 18 with 4602 viewsdeeplishblue

I seem to remember a game against Lincoln at home in the late nineties that was targeted as a "boost attendances" game - don't know whether it was free for some or reduced ticket prices. Perhaps free for gold bond members maybe?

Anyway it resulted in a reasonable gate - a chance to show the people of Rochdale what the team was capable of.

We got dicked 3 nil.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Mick Mccarthy on 12:32 - Jan 18 with 4427 viewsD_Dale

Mick Mccarthy on 10:35 - Jan 18 by deeplishblue

I seem to remember a game against Lincoln at home in the late nineties that was targeted as a "boost attendances" game - don't know whether it was free for some or reduced ticket prices. Perhaps free for gold bond members maybe?

Anyway it resulted in a reasonable gate - a chance to show the people of Rochdale what the team was capable of.

We got dicked 3 nil.

As recently as 3 April 2004. Three second half goals from Fletcher-Taylor (2) and Simon Yeo, in front of a crowd of 4224.

Having a ticket in the main stand - I think it was a gold bond related promotion - was no consolation for the result.
Mick Mccarthy on 12:46 - Jan 18 with 4367 viewsBoss_Hog

Mick Mccarthy on 12:32 - Jan 18 by D_Dale

As recently as 3 April 2004. Three second half goals from Fletcher-Taylor (2) and Simon Yeo, in front of a crowd of 4224.

Having a ticket in the main stand - I think it was a gold bond related promotion - was no consolation for the result.

It was indeed 'Goldbond Day' when every member of the lottery was offered a free ticket in return for their support of the draw.

Membership was huge back then and I can recall we actually had to stop giving away tickets because we issued as many as the ground would hold. There was a good article about it in The Rochdale Observer and we even had season-ticket holders coming in clarifying that they would still be able to get in and watch the game. It was total bonkers.

Sadly on the day it was hammering it down and people couldn't be bothered even though it was free. The result compounded the misery and left Commercial Department staff perplexed about just what you had to do to get people to come and watch their local team.

Just goes to show you that the club has been doing incentives for an awful long time now!
Mick Mccarthy on 13:24 - Jan 18 with 4279 viewsVespaDale

Didn't Flounders score a 50 yard goal into the Pearl St against Lincoln?
Mick Mccarthy on 13:52 - Jan 18 with 4201 viewsSuddenLad

Mick Mccarthy on 13:24 - Jan 18 by VespaDale

I remember the goal from the touchline, but not certain of the opposition. I thought it might have been Hereford, but someone will doubtless clarify it.

I also seem to remember someone putting a 'worldy' past Kevin Rose at the Pearl Street end (when he was the opposition keeper). It may be the Flounders goal, or someone else (Jimmy Graham ?) v Bolton. (Rose played for both clubs).

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mick Mccarthy on 14:59 - Jan 18 with 4115 views442Dale

Mick Mccarthy on 13:52 - Jan 18 by SuddenLad

I remember the goal from the touchline, but not certain of the opposition. I thought it might have been Hereford, but someone will doubtless clarify it.

I also seem to remember someone putting a 'worldy' past Kevin Rose at the Pearl Street end (when he was the opposition keeper). It may be the Flounders goal, or someone else (Jimmy Graham ?) v Bolton. (Rose played for both clubs).

Flounders was against Lincoln.

Rose was beaten from distance by Wayne Goodison and Micky Holmes when playing for Bolton in a League Cup tie. We won the first leg 2-1, lost the second 5-1.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 15:03]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Mick Mccarthy on 15:02 - Jan 18 with 4094 viewsSuddenLad

Mick Mccarthy on 14:59 - Jan 18 by 442Dale

Flounders was against Lincoln.

Rose was beaten from distance by Wayne Goodison and Micky Holmes when playing for Bolton in a League Cup tie. We won the first leg 2-1, lost the second 5-1.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 15:03]

Thanks.

Been thinking about it since I posted and had convinced myself it was Lincoln.

Was Jimmy Graham responsible for a super goal against Leicester at Spotland. We scored first and lost 6-1 I think...........

Mick Mccarthy on 15:15 - Jan 18 with 4063 viewsTVOS1907

Mick Mccarthy on 13:24 - Jan 18 by VespaDale

Mick Mccarthy on 15:17 - Jan 18 with 4055 viewsTVOS1907

Mick Mccarthy on 15:02 - Jan 18 by SuddenLad

Thanks.

Been thinking about it since I posted and had convinced myself it was Lincoln.

Was Jimmy Graham responsible for a super goal against Leicester at Spotland. We scored first and lost 6-1 I think...........

Aye, but it was a fluke! (Graham's goal, I mean)

Mick Mccarthy on 15:23 - Jan 18 with 4031 viewsSuddenLad

Speedie and Ormondroyd were busy !

Mick Mccarthy on 20:58 - Jan 18 with 3721 viewsrochdaleriddler

Mick Mccarthy on 15:15 - Jan 18 by TVOS1907

remember that well

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024