Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injuries at a critical time. 21:15 - Jan 21 with 2176 viewsBigKindo

By disseminating some of the postings post match today and from previous threads we do seem to pick up a lot of injuries in training. Most concerning. Any reason or is it over enthusiasm amongst young players.
Injuries at a critical time. on 21:24 - Jan 21 with 2136 viewsD_Alien

It's an interesting point, and I wonder if our sports science people have as much input as other clubs seem to have?

A different level, of course, but last season it was well-documented how much of a role the sports science team at Leicester had in keeping a relatively small squad on the pitch and firing on all cylinders.

Luck must play a big part though. I think you're of an age to recall how few players we fielded the season we won promotion in 68/69? Was it around 15 or 16? Crazy by today's standards. We really have hit a wall with bad luck just at the wrong time.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Injuries at a critical time. on 00:43 - Jan 22 with 1936 viewsTVOS1907

Injuries at a critical time. on 21:24 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

It's an interesting point, and I wonder if our sports science people have as much input as other clubs seem to have?

A different level, of course, but last season it was well-documented how much of a role the sports science team at Leicester had in keeping a relatively small squad on the pitch and firing on all cylinders.

Luck must play a big part though. I think you're of an age to recall how few players we fielded the season we won promotion in 68/69? Was it around 15 or 16? Crazy by today's standards. We really have hit a wall with bad luck just at the wrong time.

But we had a raft of injuries and suspensions in October/November and came through it remarkably well.

I must admit, I asked the same question as BigKindo earlier. Is our training causing too many injuries or is it something else?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Injuries at a critical time. on 06:21 - Jan 22 with 1877 viewsnordenblue

Injuries at a critical time. on 00:43 - Jan 22 by TVOS1907

But we had a raft of injuries and suspensions in October/November and came through it remarkably well.

I must admit, I asked the same question as BigKindo earlier. Is our training causing too many injuries or is it something else?

They could well be over training too causing some injuries
Injuries at a critical time. on 08:54 - Jan 22 with 1779 viewsdingdangblue

Injuries at a critical time. on 06:21 - Jan 22 by nordenblue

It depends what the injuries are? Jamie Allen was injured in a game, as was Bunney. I doubt Lillis injury is down to 'over' training which mainly results in muscular problems. Davies has a knee injury. We haven't been told any reasons for Lund and Rathbone's omissions as far as I know?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Injuries at a critical time. on 09:25 - Jan 22 with 1723 viewsTVOS1907

Injuries at a critical time. on 08:54 - Jan 22 by dingdangblue

It depends what the injuries are? Jamie Allen was injured in a game, as was Bunney. I doubt Lillis injury is down to 'over' training which mainly results in muscular problems. Davies has a knee injury. We haven't been told any reasons for Lund and Rathbone's omissions as far as I know?

Exactly.

Davies, Lund, Rathbone and Lillis all played or were in the matchday squad at Southend and a week later they are 'injured' or requiring operations.

Or just one match away from a suspension with a big FA Cup tie looming...

Injuries at a critical time. on 10:26 - Jan 22 with 1638 viewsDaley_Lama

Injuries at a critical time. on 06:21 - Jan 22 by nordenblue

#buryitis is spreading

Poll: DF in or out

Injuries at a critical time. on 10:28 - Jan 22 with 1630 viewsTVOS1907

Injuries at a critical time. on 10:26 - Jan 22 by Daley_Lama

#buryitis is spreading

Is it contagious?

Injuries at a critical time. on 10:59 - Jan 22 with 1583 viewsDaley_Lama

Hopefully not, not seen the ref blamed for Donald Trump yet.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Injuries at a critical time. on 13:23 - Jan 22 with 1455 viewsShun

It's untrue that over-training only causes muscle injuries. When the body is under stress it releases a hormone called cortisol. Cortisol, among its many advantages and disadvantages, causes a loss of bone mass. The same applies whether the body is under psychological stress or physical stress. Thus, training too heavily can lead to weaker bones. It also delays healing, too.
Injuries at a critical time. on 13:30 - Jan 22 with 1429 viewsdingdangblue

Injuries at a critical time. on 13:23 - Jan 22 by Shun

It's untrue that over-training only causes muscle injuries. When the body is under stress it releases a hormone called cortisol. Cortisol, among its many advantages and disadvantages, causes a loss of bone mass. The same applies whether the body is under psychological stress or physical stress. Thus, training too heavily can lead to weaker bones. It also delays healing, too.

That's why I wrote 'mainly' and not 'only'

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Injuries at a critical time. on 14:30 - Jan 22 with 1321 viewsShun

Injuries at a critical time. on 13:30 - Jan 22 by dingdangblue

That's why I wrote 'mainly' and not 'only'

Good point! I wasn't specifically addressing you, more just commenting generally!
Injuries at a critical time. on 22:38 - Jan 22 with 983 viewsnordenblue

Not really,just because it happened during a game doesn't necessarily mean it's not an underlying issue perhaps picked up during training(/over).....you can easily do bone,muscle and tendon damage with overtraining,so it's far from isolated to just muscle damage
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024