Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Venue 09:42 - Jan 23 with 3199 viewsdingdangblue

For the Hornets friendly next weekend.

http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/News/Article/48064

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New Venue on 10:50 - Jan 23 with 2965 viewsToffeemanc

If only it was permanent.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

New Venue on 11:01 - Jan 23 with 2936 viewsmingthemerciless

New Venue on 10:50 - Jan 23 by Toffeemanc

If only it was permanent.

Thanks for your appreciation. Another bit of good news. Some silverware returned home. Hornets defeated the old enemy away yesterday 24-12. The Law Cup will be on display again in our trophy cabinet !
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 11:07]
New Venue on 12:24 - Jan 23 with 2765 viewsmingthemerciless

No way. The future is bright matey. Those of us with a memory longer than that of a goldfish can remember the day when the football club didn't exactly welcome letters from HMRC either. Just remember " nothing is forever " in sport.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 12:29]
New Venue on 12:45 - Jan 23 with 2696 views1907

New Venue on 12:24 - Jan 23 by mingthemerciless

No way. The future is bright matey. Those of us with a memory longer than that of a goldfish can remember the day when the football club didn't exactly welcome letters from HMRC either. Just remember " nothing is forever " in sport.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 12:29]

Absolutely right. The two comments from fans in this thread have no place in our working relationship. We should be celebrating Hornet's success as they celebrate ours. Petty comments aren't doing anybody any favours!
New Venue on 12:50 - Jan 23 with 2668 viewsR17ALE

I imagine Hornets are fuming they've had to move a fixture so we can enjoy a good payday.

Last time they were asked in 2000-01 season it was so we could play Orient on SKY on a Sunday. When they got wind of that they dug their heels in and demanded compensation at playing a mickey mouse cup game v Oldham Whitehawk 24 hours earlier.

It cost Dale £5000 of our £15,000 fee from SKY to get Hornets to move and people still wonder:

1. Why Dale never achieved anything back then. A: We were absolutely skint due to incidents like this.

2. Why there are many fans who will fooking hate Hornets for ever.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 12:51]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

New Venue on 13:19 - Jan 23 with 2578 viewsrafc1984

On top of which, I thought the pitch on Saturday was a disgrace, that's after they've played one fooking game.
The sooner they miss a months rent the better, give us the ideal opportunity.
New Venue on 14:15 - Jan 23 with 2498 viewsTVOS1907

New Venue on 12:45 - Jan 23 by 1907

Absolutely right. The two comments from fans in this thread have no place in our working relationship. We should be celebrating Hornet's success as they celebrate ours. Petty comments aren't doing anybody any favours!

Surely fans are entitled to hold whatever viewpoint they want, especially when that viewpoint won't actually affect the current relationship.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

New Venue on 14:29 - Jan 23 with 2471 viewsmacro

Exactly. The hornets in recent years have caused nothing but trouble financially etc Its very clear that a large majority of Dale fans would be quite happy if the hornets left the COA. Unfortunately Ming just came across as a bitter hornets fan.
Login to get fewer ads

New Venue on 15:20 - Jan 23 with 2351 viewssince58

New Venue on 13:19 - Jan 23 by rafc1984

On top of which, I thought the pitch on Saturday was a disgrace, that's after they've played one fooking game.
The sooner they miss a months rent the better, give us the ideal opportunity.

As I said in a previous thread there has got to be something wrong with thepitch.
Its a brand new surface no way should it cut up like that after the amount of money
spent on it
New Venue on 15:21 - Jan 23 with 2348 viewsNafelad

It was difficult keeping a good surface for football at Spotland, when Hornets had their own ground, the Athletics Stadium, where Morrisons is sited now.

Pitch-sharing is not conducive to playing our football at a higher level, and I wonder how much effect it will have in the second half of the season, every season.

Topcat

New Venue on 15:24 - Jan 23 with 2339 viewssince58

New Venue on 15:21 - Jan 23 by Nafelad

It was difficult keeping a good surface for football at Spotland, when Hornets had their own ground, the Athletics Stadium, where Morrisons is sited now.

Pitch-sharing is not conducive to playing our football at a higher level, and I wonder how much effect it will have in the second half of the season, every season.

Huddersfield are doing ok
New Venue on 15:33 - Jan 23 with 2309 viewsrochdaleriddler

New Venue on 14:15 - Jan 23 by TVOS1907

Surely fans are entitled to hold whatever viewpoint they want, especially when that viewpoint won't actually affect the current relationship.

Absolutely right, some on here only want to hear people agreeing with them, and turn stroppy whenever they don't 🤔

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

New Venue on 15:34 - Jan 23 with 2306 viewsNafelad

New Venue on 15:24 - Jan 23 by since58

Aren't they lucky!!

Topcat

New Venue on 15:39 - Jan 23 with 2289 viewsSuddenLad

New Venue on 15:24 - Jan 23 by since58

Oxford didn't seem unduly hampered by the pitch.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New Venue on 15:40 - Jan 23 with 2289 viewssince58

New Venue on 15:34 - Jan 23 by Nafelad

Aren't they lucky!!

Hope not on Saturday .|||
New Venue on 15:49 - Jan 23 with 2254 viewssince58

New Venue on 15:39 - Jan 23 by SuddenLad

Oxford didn't seem unduly hampered by the pitch.

No they did;nt just replying to fans blaming hornets.
New Venue on 15:59 - Jan 23 with 2220 viewsTVOS1907

New Venue on 15:49 - Jan 23 by since58

No they did;nt just replying to fans blaming hornets.

I'm not sure anyone is blaming Hornets for the result. We were beaten by the better side. End of.

But some comment is surely expected and acceptable on what has happened to the pitch between 30th December and 21st January.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

New Venue on 16:18 - Jan 23 with 2161 viewssince58

New Venue on 15:59 - Jan 23 by TVOS1907

I'm not sure anyone is blaming Hornets for the result. We were beaten by the better side. End of.

But some comment is surely expected and acceptable on what has happened to the pitch between 30th December and 21st January.

No , there blaming Hornets for the state of the pitch not the result.
What I am saying is they played one game on it and it should not be in that state.
New Venue on 16:25 - Jan 23 with 2144 viewsClivert

Whilst I don't hold any fondness for Hornets or indeed the game of Rugby I did hear that the frost covers weren't put down on Friday night despite the forecast for possible sub zero temperatures, that could well have had more of an impact on how the pitch looked on Saturday rather that the rugby lads rolling about on it the week before.
New Venue on 16:30 - Jan 23 with 2118 views49thseason

The pitch had been cut but it looked like a heavier roller was needed. Ideally, they should have given it a decent rolling after the Hornets game too. I guess the usual January order for sand will be due for delivery any day soon. Did anyone notice if the pitch was watered pre-match?
New Venue on 16:37 - Jan 23 with 2082 viewsClivert

New Venue on 16:30 - Jan 23 by 49thseason

The pitch had been cut but it looked like a heavier roller was needed. Ideally, they should have given it a decent rolling after the Hornets game too. I guess the usual January order for sand will be due for delivery any day soon. Did anyone notice if the pitch was watered pre-match?

There was 26 rollers plus subs flattening it out last Sunday!
New Venue on 16:42 - Jan 23 with 2063 viewsmingthemerciless

New Venue on 14:29 - Jan 23 by macro

Exactly. The hornets in recent years have caused nothing but trouble financially etc Its very clear that a large majority of Dale fans would be quite happy if the hornets left the COA. Unfortunately Ming just came across as a bitter hornets fan.

I'm not bitter. I just fell out of love with football like plenty of other people my age in spite of being a fanatical fan and player in days gone by.
New Venue on 16:53 - Jan 23 with 2023 viewsdeeplishblue

New Venue on 16:18 - Jan 23 by since58

No , there blaming Hornets for the state of the pitch not the result.
What I am saying is they played one game on it and it should not be in that state.

They played 1 game on Sunday when it had snowed on Thursday and Friday, thawed on Saturday and pissed it down on Sunday am.

I doubt a game of football would have been played if a game had been scheduled.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

New Venue on 17:50 - Jan 23 with 1909 views1907

New Venue on 14:15 - Jan 23 by TVOS1907

It's about working together. How were the first two replies in this thread productive to future relationships?
New Venue on 18:17 - Jan 23 with 1844 viewsColDale

New Venue on 16:25 - Jan 23 by Clivert

Whilst I don't hold any fondness for Hornets or indeed the game of Rugby I did hear that the frost covers weren't put down on Friday night despite the forecast for possible sub zero temperatures, that could well have had more of an impact on how the pitch looked on Saturday rather that the rugby lads rolling about on it the week before.

It actually looked to my very much untrained eye that the covers had been left on too long.

We've seen in recent years that the pitch when properly looked after can cope with both codes playing on it. It survived last winter when we had the all the floods in the town, so last week's game (when undoubtedly we'd have gone ahead with a game) should not have been an issue when the weather hasn't been too bad.

Agree with the comment about the heavy roller being needed which made me suspect the covers had been left on preventing normal pitch treatment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024