Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
bury on GMR again 09:08 - Feb 20 with 5862 viewsNewtonDale

Just heard on GMR - sorry, BBC Radio Manchester, that once again bury are the guests for the football phone-in hour tonight.
The guests are the apparently fantastic Stewart Day and his vision for the Championship and his new saviour, the Premier League standard Manager, Lee Clark.
Are they only on because they have won a game??
Is Day spinning his rubbish to the radio too??
bury on GMR again on 09:31 - Feb 20 with 4910 viewsdownunder

If possible, can someone please tip off Kilmarnock fan Gordon Sawers,
Give him the phone number.
Please.
bury on GMR again on 09:35 - Feb 20 with 4902 viewsfitzochris

bury on GMR again on 09:31 - Feb 20 by downunder

If possible, can someone please tip off Kilmarnock fan Gordon Sawers,
Give him the phone number.
Please.

Please don't.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

bury on GMR again on 11:32 - Feb 20 with 4731 viewsPDIDDY

Youll ll be listening though, obsessed 😎

Gissa job

bury on GMR again on 12:29 - Feb 20 with 4634 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

To be fair to GMR, whenever a club has a change of manager they are usually on the following weeks Monday night show.

I really don't understand the negativity towards GMR, we get decent coverage, probably the best we have ever had and tbf they are always pretty positive about Dale.

As the Rochdale Observer/MEN coverage has deteriorated, the radio coverage has improved probably 10 fold!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

bury on GMR again on 12:42 - Feb 20 with 4592 viewsSwissdale

bury on GMR again on 12:29 - Feb 20 by SteTsGoldenBoot

To be fair to GMR, whenever a club has a change of manager they are usually on the following weeks Monday night show.

I really don't understand the negativity towards GMR, we get decent coverage, probably the best we have ever had and tbf they are always pretty positive about Dale.

As the Rochdale Observer/MEN coverage has deteriorated, the radio coverage has improved probably 10 fold!

Agreed. We've had live commentary about 5 times this season too which has been great.
bury on GMR again on 12:58 - Feb 20 with 4543 viewsNewtonDale

I'm not negative towards GMR as I listen to it on the way to work and back home again every day. I was simply relaying what the presenter had read out about Day and Clarke.
yes we get good coverage and live commentary but I do make appoint of totting up who appears on the Monday night shows and we lag behind all of the other teams at being invited on.
bury on GMR again on 15:56 - Feb 20 with 4327 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

bury on GMR again on 12:58 - Feb 20 by NewtonDale

I'm not negative towards GMR as I listen to it on the way to work and back home again every day. I was simply relaying what the presenter had read out about Day and Clarke.
yes we get good coverage and live commentary but I do make appoint of totting up who appears on the Monday night shows and we lag behind all of the other teams at being invited on.

The BIFFO and Bucket manager count for the season is 5 so far, so that accounts for about 20 % of the shows :-)

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

bury on GMR again on 15:59 - Feb 20 with 4321 viewsjudd

bury on GMR again on 12:58 - Feb 20 by NewtonDale

Invited on or actual appearances?

Perhaps we turn 'em down a lot, seeing as our former manager who has achieved everything in the game with his dad can answer anything Rochdale related.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

bury on GMR again on 16:24 - Feb 20 with 4279 views442Dale

While I agree that the coverage of the club is really good in terms of things like commentary these days, the actual quality of the presenting and production is very poor. The repetitive nature of the phone-ins and structure is really indicative of a station stuck in the past. That the presenters can often find nothing more to say than referencing individual experiences time and again, rather than looking to provide something fresh and interesting for listeners, says a lot.

It's a valuable service and they should be congratulated for that, but it's in dire need of improvement and individuals taking themselves out of their comfort zone.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

bury on GMR again on 16:43 - Feb 20 with 4240 viewsAtThePeake

bury on GMR again on 15:59 - Feb 20 by judd

Invited on or actual appearances?

Perhaps we turn 'em down a lot, seeing as our former manager who has achieved everything in the game with his dad can answer anything Rochdale related.

I've grown up listening to GMR and Fred Eyre but because he played before my time, I never knew the full extent of his playing career. I had always assumed he'd played quite a lot for City, but after hearing the phrase "done everything in the game" once again over the weekend, had a little look at his Wikipedia page. Embarrassing that they say that given how very little he actually did do in the game.

Oh, and the last line of that opening paragraph - Arf!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Eyre
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 16:46]

Tangled up in blue.

bury on GMR again on 17:46 - Feb 20 with 4147 viewsChaffRAFC

Never really enjoyed the show but my Dad always had it on to listen to Keith Hill, the emergence of the youtube account means we don't have to endure the show just to listen to Hill's post match.

The likes of Jimmy Wagg are pretty painful to listen to his pally pally nature really does great. There's a reason some of us call it Matey FM. The way they buy in and lap up everything their matey Stuey says is baffling. I hate the biased coverage of Bolton and the special guests are always the same. You can guarantee it's either FRMSE, Shaun Goater, John McGinley or at a push, Simon Charlton.

Personally think it's garbage.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

bury on GMR again on 17:47 - Feb 20 with 4145 viewsYouTubeDale

There's some movement behind that bury curtain.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

bury on GMR again on 18:30 - Feb 20 with 4054 viewsPDIDDY

All tuned in listening , no doubt.

Gissa job

bury on GMR again on 18:31 - Feb 20 with 4049 views442Dale

Listening to tonight's show is a perfect example of why the coverage is good yet it's let down by the lack of focus towards getting proper answers in favour of creating a friendly atmosphere with lots of joking.

It's excruciating at times. Wagg let a caller ramble on and on... then called him out for rambling on and on with a gag.

bury on GMR again on 18:32 - Feb 20 with 4048 views442Dale

bury on GMR again on 18:30 - Feb 20 by PDIDDY

Yeah, because I'm interested.

bury on GMR again on 18:39 - Feb 20 with 4026 views442Dale

And because I'm listening it's possible to report that Day was asked a simple question about what size the new stadium will be and what crowds he expects to get when they do.

After a couple of minutes talking there was little substance in the answer. Apart from Huddersfield were apparently getting 3000-4000 at Leeds Road before moving. Really?? REALLY?

bury on GMR again on 18:42 - Feb 20 with 4024 viewsrochdaleriddler

bury on GMR again on 17:46 - Feb 20 by ChaffRAFC

Never really enjoyed the show but my Dad always had it on to listen to Keith Hill, the emergence of the youtube account means we don't have to endure the show just to listen to Hill's post match.

The likes of Jimmy Wagg are pretty painful to listen to his pally pally nature really does great. There's a reason some of us call it Matey FM. The way they buy in and lap up everything their matey Stuey says is baffling. I hate the biased coverage of Bolton and the special guests are always the same. You can guarantee it's either FRMSE, Shaun Goater, John McGinley or at a push, Simon Charlton.

Personally think it's garbage.

I used to listen a lot, but got bored, same old cliches, now with sky sports news and Twitter, I get informed without listening to a load of old twaddle. Especially the ridiculous Bolton bias.im at the game most weeks, don't even listen to it on way/to the ground

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

bury on GMR again on 18:43 - Feb 20 with 4021 viewsTVOS1907

No, I'm washing my hair.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

bury on GMR again on 18:43 - Feb 20 with 4016 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Diddo

You're a Bury fan who regularly logs into a Rochdale fans forum who is ridiculing Rochdale fans for listening to the Bury chairman on a public broadcast radio station.

Even you must detect a dash of irony there old boy?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

bury on GMR again on 18:52 - Feb 20 with 3989 viewsSandyman

No.
bury on GMR again on 18:52 - Feb 20 with 3986 views442Dale

bury on GMR again on 18:39 - Feb 20 by 442Dale

And because I'm listening it's possible to report that Day was asked a simple question about what size the new stadium will be and what crowds he expects to get when they do.

After a couple of minutes talking there was little substance in the answer. Apart from Huddersfield were apparently getting 3000-4000 at Leeds Road before moving. Really?? REALLY?

Huddersfield's average crowds for the ten years before they moved were as high as 7540 to as low as 5341.

But if talking about that rather than the specifics of how big a ground Bury will have/what the expected crowds will be is what the supporter who asked the question wanted to hear, so be it. And well done to the presenter for picking Day up on this.

Oh.

bury on GMR again on 18:59 - Feb 20 with 3961 views442Dale

What we've learnt tonight:

Lee Clark got Kilmarnock into the top 6. This needs reiterating. A lot.

bury on GMR again on 19:10 - Feb 20 with 3928 viewsfitzochris

bury on GMR again on 18:59 - Feb 20 by 442Dale

What we've learnt tonight:

Lee Clark got Kilmarnock into the top 6. This needs reiterating. A lot.

With a huge turnover of players (sound familiar?).

Probably more apt to consider where Kilmarnock were when he jumped ship.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

bury on GMR again on 19:12 - Feb 20 with 3920 views442Dale

bury on GMR again on 19:10 - Feb 20 by fitzochris

With a huge turnover of players (sound familiar?).

Probably more apt to consider where Kilmarnock were when he jumped ship.

Going off how many times it was mentioned, I'm presuming it was doing well in the top six. What's the real story?

bury on GMR again on 19:20 - Feb 20 with 3898 viewsBobbyjoe

bury on GMR again on 16:43 - Feb 20 by AtThePeake

I've grown up listening to GMR and Fred Eyre but because he played before my time, I never knew the full extent of his playing career. I had always assumed he'd played quite a lot for City, but after hearing the phrase "done everything in the game" once again over the weekend, had a little look at his Wikipedia page. Embarrassing that they say that given how very little he actually did do in the game.

Oh, and the last line of that opening paragraph - Arf!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Eyre
[Post edited 20 Feb 2017 16:46]

Wrote an excellent book.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024