Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russ Green 18:40 - Feb 23 with 7594 views1907

Came on here fully expecting to see hundreds of posts about the absolutely fantastic FREE interview that has been released today.

Hats off to the club and to Russ for the efforts they are making to increase the fan base. For anybody who has yet to listen, I can't urge you to do so as quickly as possible.
Russ Green on 20:42 - Feb 23 with 3003 viewsR17ALE

An excellent interview which possibly demonstrates the positives of bringing someone in from another club with a good track record, and without the Rochdale mind set.

RG doesn't know that all club staff and officials have for years wrapped themselves in the comfort blanket of "the Rochdale public won't come no matter what, so we're not going to try".

Now whilst this convenient excuse may yet prove true, it can only be wheeled out once "no matter what" has been tested.

"No matter what" applies to Wembley (16,000), Darlington in the play-offs (7000?) so the evidence exists that there might be something to work with. Until now though, there hasn't really been the appetite. That blanket was much more comfortable.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Russ Green on 20:47 - Feb 23 with 2971 viewsrochedale

Russ Green on 19:05 - Feb 23 by D_Alien

It's advertised as Freeview, but I've just tried to watch it and my login details to DalePlayer are being requested - which I don't have...

[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 19:07]

Same here so been unable to watch.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Russ Green on 20:53 - Feb 23 with 2936 views442Dale

The fresh pair of eyes and the willingness to say "ok, we've got it wrong what can we do to make it better?" approach has been very apparent in the last few months and we're now witnessing real change.

Will it work long term? Who knows. But there's nothing more certain than doing what we have previously couldn't carry on because those fans who were left were dropping season on season, both in terms of numbers and confidence in the club. Everyone concerned in this change in attitude deserves the praise of all those supporters and the old/new fans who start turning up at Spotland.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Russ Green on 20:54 - Feb 23 with 2930 viewsD_Alien

Russ Green on 20:47 - Feb 23 by rochedale

Same here so been unable to watch.

Try it in the "freeview" section, below (or to the right) of the main screen

Regarding the interview itself - I've said it before, but Russ Green is the Chief Exec version of Keith Hill in so many ways. I expect the two of them have some really interesting chats

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Russ Green on 21:01 - Feb 23 with 2886 viewsrochedale

Russ Green on 20:54 - Feb 23 by D_Alien

Try it in the "freeview" section, below (or to the right) of the main screen

Regarding the interview itself - I've said it before, but Russ Green is the Chief Exec version of Keith Hill in so many ways. I expect the two of them have some really interesting chats

Is this doable via mobile or do I need to log on via a pic/laptop?

Russ Green on 21:03 - Feb 23 with 2873 viewsdalenumber2

I can't watch it - I tried via Daleplayer (I am a subscriber) but it seemed to be buffering forever and wouldn't start. Went onto the other link via freeview and that was the same. I am using Safari on a new macbook pro - don't usually have problems with video.
Russ Green on 21:03 - Feb 23 with 2863 viewsD_Alien

Russ Green on 21:01 - Feb 23 by rochedale

Is this doable via mobile or do I need to log on via a pic/laptop?

A lot easier to find "freeview" on pc/laptop

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Russ Green on 21:11 - Feb 23 with 2829 viewsrochedale

Russ Green on 21:03 - Feb 23 by D_Alien

A lot easier to find "freeview" on pc/laptop

Bummer, tried everything on mobile, guess I'll wait till work tomorrow!

Login to get fewer ads

Russ Green on 21:42 - Feb 23 with 2702 viewsboromat

Great interview. What intrigued me was the comment of incentivised tickets. Is that going to be the more we sell the cheaper it will be? I also think the finalised plan will be announced not too long after the Easter games.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Russ Green on 22:46 - Feb 23 with 2532 viewsSandyman

Was able to watch this using the small freeview box on a desktop.

Great interview. Honest, full of positivity and a willingness to try plenty of new ideas together to increase attendances, not just a one cheap game wonder as seen in the past. Mr Green seems well in touch with what's going on and what needs to change. This contrasts with correspondence i had with the previous Chief Exec last Summer which was basically excuses for a bad idea, which Mr Green has been pro-active in putting right. Well done to all concerned for taking on the challenge
Russ Green on 05:26 - Feb 24 with 2328 viewsShun

I can't get it to work on my phone. I'll have to wait a few days to watch it on a laptop. Someone remind me on Sunday!
Russ Green on 10:13 - Feb 25 with 1661 viewsDaleiLama

What a great addition to Team Rochdale. Tells it how it is, listens, acts and puts things right. Not sure as a fan you can ask for much more. Very forward thinking and looking forward to further updates! Tremendous.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Russ Green on 12:51 - Feb 25 with 1496 viewsrobtheb

Great article in the Ob.

Russ saying what fans are thinking and have wanted for ages. As a STH will be interesting to see want next season's plans are for us and newcomers.

Would be good to have an announcement with some kind of incentive before this season finishes.

Well done Russ.
Russ Green on 13:48 - Feb 25 with 1400 views442Dale

The Observer article is well worth a read, an extension of the video interview on the OS (is it the full Dale Player version?) that includes a great bit about making things easier - "it was complicated and we have got to make it simple" and "don't put barriers up".

Putting the club's interviews/statements/radio appearances last year (which tried to justify what they were doing in response to a groundswell of disappointment amongst the fanbase) up against the overwhelmingly fan-conscious and appreciative thoughts of RG are like night and day. Reading it you can see the positivity of putting someone with such forward thinking ideas in control of these changes, the credit goes to the club for recognising this and making the appointment.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Russ Green on 14:05 - Feb 25 with 1366 viewsrochedale

Russ Green on 13:48 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

The Observer article is well worth a read, an extension of the video interview on the OS (is it the full Dale Player version?) that includes a great bit about making things easier - "it was complicated and we have got to make it simple" and "don't put barriers up".

Putting the club's interviews/statements/radio appearances last year (which tried to justify what they were doing in response to a groundswell of disappointment amongst the fanbase) up against the overwhelmingly fan-conscious and appreciative thoughts of RG are like night and day. Reading it you can see the positivity of putting someone with such forward thinking ideas in control of these changes, the credit goes to the club for recognising this and making the appointment.

That he's taken on board comments from fans and recognising/appreciating comments regarding previous initiatives and addressing those thoughts is great. There are so many different variations of how a good season ticket scheme could work, similar with individual initiatives. The family ticket for a tenner is brilliant too. Might be worth a thread just for those ideas off mb regulars, as you would think there'd be some decent ideas and probably viewed by the club... An idea I had was to offer junior shirts at a pound more than usual cost, but throw in a season ticket too...

Russ Green on 11:39 - Feb 26 with 1032 viewsDaleiLama

Russ Green on 05:26 - Feb 24 by Shun

I can't get it to work on my phone. I'll have to wait a few days to watch it on a laptop. Someone remind me on Sunday!

Consider yourself reminded!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024