Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hills thoughts. 19:30 - Feb 25 with 3763 viewsdingdangblue

https://audioboom.com/posts/5647137-rochdale-manager-keith-hill-reflects-on-a-3-

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hills thoughts. on 20:30 - Feb 25 with 2355 viewsYouTubeDale

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

(No subject) on 20:39 - Feb 25 with 2332 viewsYouTubeDale

High emotions from Keith. He looked frustrated, annoyed, cross, vexed, irritated, exasperated, indignant, aggrieved, irked, piqued, displeased, provoked, galled, resentful...with the ref.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

(No subject) on 20:43 - Feb 25 with 2317 views442Dale

(No subject) on 20:39 - Feb 25 by YouTubeDale

High emotions from Keith. He looked frustrated, annoyed, cross, vexed, irritated, exasperated, indignant, aggrieved, irked, piqued, displeased, provoked, galled, resentful...with the ref.

Yet the reports we've seen after the game so far from those there seemed more concerned with our own shortcomings. Maybe it's best to concentrate on what we can control.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

(No subject) on 22:41 - Feb 25 with 2126 viewsdingdangblue

(No subject) on 20:43 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

Yet the reports we've seen after the game so far from those there seemed more concerned with our own shortcomings. Maybe it's best to concentrate on what we can control.

An obvious diversion tactic today after getting the team selection so badly wrong. I still can't fathom the thinking behind Henderson and Andrew playing fullback - Andrew is our most important player at the moment upfront? We'd already conceded 2 before the ref reduced our numbers so it's not like it swung the game? After the Bolton corner goal and the 2 corners last week Hill must have been distraught that we conceded the 1st today again so softly from another corner!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

(No subject) on 22:47 - Feb 25 with 2103 views442Dale

(No subject) on 22:41 - Feb 25 by dingdangblue

An obvious diversion tactic today after getting the team selection so badly wrong. I still can't fathom the thinking behind Henderson and Andrew playing fullback - Andrew is our most important player at the moment upfront? We'd already conceded 2 before the ref reduced our numbers so it's not like it swung the game? After the Bolton corner goal and the 2 corners last week Hill must have been distraught that we conceded the 1st today again so softly from another corner!

Who is he trying to divert though? It's certainly not the people that matter - ie. the players and the supporters who are all far more concerned with our own performances and the tactics that affect them.

He seemed more angry about the Bolton game today than he did on the night!

(No subject) on 23:04 - Feb 25 with 2050 viewsD_Alien

(No subject) on 22:47 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

Who is he trying to divert though? It's certainly not the people that matter - ie. the players and the supporters who are all far more concerned with our own performances and the tactics that affect them.

He should be asked if the Professional Referees Association are entitled to express a view on the selection of forwards at fullback

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

(No subject) on 23:12 - Feb 25 with 2025 viewsTVOS1907

(No subject) on 23:04 - Feb 25 by D_Alien

He should be asked if the Professional Referees Association are entitled to express a view on the selection of forwards at fullback

Maybe that particular question is taboo.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

(No subject) on 23:56 - Feb 25 with 1962 viewsJimmyRustler

(No subject) on 22:47 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

I don't think it's a diversion tactic as such. I think it's more of a case of he's trying to justify the selection to himself out loud when he knows he got it badly wrong. He does like the sound of his own voice afterall...

He's well known for his moments of madness but it's hard to find even a shred of logic behind his decision making today. Joel Taylor was Stoke's U21 player of the season last year and is extremely highly by their fans.. how the fock is Andrew a more viable option at fullback?
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 08:50 - Feb 26 with 1784 viewsdingdangblue

(No subject) on 23:56 - Feb 25 by JimmyRustler

I don't think it's a diversion tactic as such. I think it's more of a case of he's trying to justify the selection to himself out loud when he knows he got it badly wrong. He does like the sound of his own voice afterall...

He's well known for his moments of madness but it's hard to find even a shred of logic behind his decision making today. Joel Taylor was Stoke's U21 player of the season last year and is extremely highly by their fans.. how the fock is Andrew a more viable option at fullback?

It's bad enough that Andrew was selected at leftback yesterday at all - even worse when you take into account that without Davies fit - he's our most important forward, a target man and a bit of muscle who can take so much pressure off our defense by holding the ball upfront. At least when Bunney was surprisingly selected at leftback he wasn't even threatening a starting position upfront - it was almost last chance saloon for him and he ended up being a revelation! It has to go down as the most bizarre team selection ever by Hill yesterday - yes he gets an awful lot right but that was so so wrong.

Hills thoughts. on 09:43 - Feb 26 with 1703 viewsColDale

Bizarre as the team selection was, I personally didn't feel like it was costing us. We were more than holding our own against another side pushing for the play offs until what I felt was two mistakes by the centre halves in two minutes gifting them a two goal lead. It was a similar bizarre team selection which kick started the season back in September. What I did feel was a mistake wassticking McGahey on at left back at half time meaning we had a left hand side of two v right footed players.
Hills thoughts. on 10:12 - Feb 26 with 1648 viewsTVOS1907

Hills thoughts. on 09:43 - Feb 26 by ColDale

Bizarre as the team selection was, I personally didn't feel like it was costing us. We were more than holding our own against another side pushing for the play offs until what I felt was two mistakes by the centre halves in two minutes gifting them a two goal lead. It was a similar bizarre team selection which kick started the season back in September. What I did feel was a mistake wassticking McGahey on at left back at half time meaning we had a left hand side of two v right footed players.

It might not have been costing us, as such, but neither was it "giving us an opportunity" to win it.

Peterborough might be in a similar position to us, but they had lost twice in the last week, including a 4-1 midweek home thrashing, yet we made it far too comfortable for them from the off.

Hills thoughts. on 10:43 - Feb 26 with 1608 viewsDaley_Lama

I actually thought it was costing us.

Posh were dominating, we couldn't retain the ball up front, they were getting through our offside line, our keeper kicked away under pressure numerous times and the ball came straight back at us.

Hendo at RB worked mostly, he got out of position a few times as his natural attack nature took over.

Calv did ok at LB too but it was his absence up front that was crippling us from the start.

We couldn't defend from the front.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 10:46]

Poll: DF in or out

Hills thoughts. on 10:45 - Feb 26 with 1601 views442Dale

If we were decimated by injuries and there were no other options it would be understandable.

We weren't, there were and it wasn't.

Hills thoughts. on 10:49 - Feb 26 with 1593 viewsD_Alien

Hills thoughts. on 10:12 - Feb 26 by TVOS1907

It might not have been costing us, as such, but neither was it "giving us an opportunity" to win it.

Peterborough might be in a similar position to us, but they had lost twice in the last week, including a 4-1 midweek home thrashing, yet we made it far too comfortable for them from the off.

The devils advocate in me has me thinking he's putting out a challenge:

Right, let's see how many of you turn up on Tuesday after that...

When I posted about what really rankled with me about yesterday, I don't think the defeat alone would've put many off, but the manner of it might

Banging on about the PRA is a surefire way to ensure he didn't get asked any relevant questions
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 10:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hills thoughts. on 10:53 - Feb 26 with 1570 viewsColDale

Hills thoughts. on 10:49 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

When I posted about what really rankled with me about yesterday, I don't think the defeat alone would've put many off, but the manner of it might

Banging on about the PRA is a surefire way to ensure he didn't get asked any relevant questions

Could be wrong, but I think when he talks about the PRA which he often does, it's simply his way of avoiding any trouble with the FA due to comments about the ref. Everything he said was relevant to the referee from yesterday's game, but by spinning it so that it is more of a general point, there's nothing that he can get dragged in front of the beak for, not that there was much OTT in what he said.
Hills thoughts. on 10:56 - Feb 26 with 1559 viewsTVOS1907

Hills thoughts. on 10:49 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

You might have a point with your last line, but for him not be questioned at all about such a bizarre selection and formation is disappointing.

Hills thoughts. on 11:01 - Feb 26 with 1532 viewsTVOS1907

Hills thoughts. on 10:53 - Feb 26 by ColDale

Could be wrong, but I think when he talks about the PRA which he often does, it's simply his way of avoiding any trouble with the FA due to comments about the ref. Everything he said was relevant to the referee from yesterday's game, but by spinning it so that it is more of a general point, there's nothing that he can get dragged in front of the beak for, not that there was much OTT in what he said.

There wasn't much talk about the PRA (which doesn't actually exist) from October to December.

Hills thoughts. on 11:05 - Feb 26 with 1521 views442Dale

Hills thoughts. on 10:53 - Feb 26 by ColDale

Not having been there and having seen the sending offs which weren't exactly terrible decisions, what were the main issues with the ref that led to any comments being made? There's the Allen penalty claim, but what else was so bad that the Referee's Association should be "slightly embarrassed about the standards they're providing in League One"?

Has anyone heard the entire DalePlayer interview yet and if so what questions/answers/comments were there on our team selection?

Hills thoughts. on 11:36 - Feb 26 with 1461 viewsdingdangblue

Hills thoughts. on 11:05 - Feb 26 by 442Dale

Not having been there and having seen the sending offs which weren't exactly terrible decisions, what were the main issues with the ref that led to any comments being made? There's the Allen penalty claim, but what else was so bad that the Referee's Association should be "slightly embarrassed about the standards they're providing in League One"?

Has anyone heard the entire DalePlayer interview yet and if so what questions/answers/comments were there on our team selection?

Not as critical as Keith obviously (they won) but McCann hints that the ref wasn't the best either.

Hills thoughts. on 11:42 - Feb 26 with 1444 viewsColDale

Hills thoughts. on 11:05 - Feb 26 by 442Dale

In his interview on DP, which at 9 mins long is probably one of his longest post-match interviews, he didnt seem overly critical of the Rafferty one. His concern was that similar challenges had gone on in the first half, and the ref had waved play on without returning to issue a card.

He said there was no contact from the McDermott one. When that challenge happened yesterday, it didn't even cross my mind that it might be a red card. Hill called a lunge. Current climate in football is that if both feet are off the floor, its deemed as being dangerous but in my eyes at least, it only looked like an attempt to block the ball and not an attempt to tackle.

Raff's first yellow card would have been deemed a perfect tackle in other sports.
Hills thoughts. on 11:50 - Feb 26 with 1421 viewsDaley_Lama

My initial thought was of Rugby, but on reflection it was a cracking Kabbadi move by Raff.

Poll: DF in or out

Hills thoughts. on 12:12 - Feb 26 with 1397 views442Dale

Hills thoughts. on 11:42 - Feb 26 by ColDale

In his interview on DP, which at 9 mins long is probably one of his longest post-match interviews, he didnt seem overly critical of the Rafferty one. His concern was that similar challenges had gone on in the first half, and the ref had waved play on without returning to issue a card.

He said there was no contact from the McDermott one. When that challenge happened yesterday, it didn't even cross my mind that it might be a red card. Hill called a lunge. Current climate in football is that if both feet are off the floor, its deemed as being dangerous but in my eyes at least, it only looked like an attempt to block the ball and not an attempt to tackle.

Raff's first yellow card would have been deemed a perfect tackle in other sports.

Fair enough, cheers for that. The McDermott one could have gone yellow or red for me but it was a silly challenge.

Was there anything around his thinking around the team he chose?

Hills thoughts. on 12:25 - Feb 26 with 1371 viewsTVOS1907

Hills thoughts. on 11:42 - Feb 26 by ColDale

I've just watched McDermott's back. How is that scissors-like lunge attempt to block the ball?

If it had been on one of our players, we would have been amazed had it not been a red card.

Hills thoughts. on 12:32 - Feb 26 with 1354 viewsdingdangblue

Hills thoughts. on 12:25 - Feb 26 by TVOS1907

I've just watched McDermott's back. How is that scissors-like lunge attempt to block the ball?

If it had been on one of our players, we would have been amazed had it not been a red card.

He slides in front of the player.

Hills thoughts. on 12:36 - Feb 26 with 1344 viewsTVOS1907

Hills thoughts. on 12:32 - Feb 26 by dingdangblue

He slides in front of the player.

No he doesn't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024